Edge owns Tim Langdell. Seriously (Edge) Page 2

• Page

of 28 First / Last

• Deleted user 18 June 2009 20:52:32
    He has a twitter account, if anyone's interested - 'tweetingedge'.
  • Deleted user 18 June 2009 20:54:15
    PES_Fanboy wrote:
    You can't trademark a word, but obviously, you can trademark a word WITHIN AN INDUSTRY.
    Right, okay then. So surely games developers and publishers all over the world trademark the words in their titles, no? And yet you don't see them fucking each other over for using the same words all the time.
  • PES_Fanboy 18 Jun 2009 20:56:42 16,458 posts
    Seen 18 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I didn't say it was necessarily right.

I imagine Super Mario Felchers would get somewhat of a legal challenge. I fear I've stepped into a fanboy war that I wasn't completely aware of on the first page?
  • thedaveeyres 18 Jun 2009 20:57:03 11,149 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    MrED209 wrote:
    He has a twitter account, if anyone's interested - 'tweetingedge'.

#timlangdell

EDGE EDGE EDGE EDGE EDGE EDGE EDGE :)

D****** ******r

XBLA: Hamster Trippin
    Steam: thedaveeyres
    PSN: HamsterTrippin

• thedaveeyres 18 Jun 2009 20:58:06 11,149 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    So I could trademark the word 'console' and sue Nintendo, Sony and MS?

Brilliant. :p

D****** ******r

XBLA: Hamster Trippin
    Steam: thedaveeyres
    PSN: HamsterTrippin

• Trowel 18 Jun 2009 20:59:15 17,797 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    thedaveeyres wrote:
    So I could trademark the word 'console' and sue Nintendo, Sony and MS?

Brilliant. :p
    And The Samaritains.
  • Deleted user 18 June 2009 21:00:41
    PES_Fanboy wrote:
    I didn't say it was necessarily right.

I imagine Super Mario Felchers would get somewhat of a legal challenge. I fear I've stepped into a fanboy war that I wasn't completely aware of on the first page?
    I wasn't contesting anything with you, I was just kind of asking questions out loud. :)

What industry would you say he trademarked that word in, then? It's just he's managed to screw Edge Magazine, any comics whatsoever that use the word Edge and any movies that use it (including 'The Edge' starring Antony Hopkins). Of course he makes it sound like they all buddied up and sublicensed the name back and forth and so on, but what a load of shite. He reckons Marvel sold him the rights to the word Edge and then he licensed it back to them to allow them to publish a bunch of comics using the word, and that he's working with them to publish a new edition of said comic. What a fucking crock. The balls of the man, it's quite spectacular to behold, while at the same time sickening.
  • PES_Fanboy 18 Jun 2009 21:02:40 16,458 posts
    Seen 18 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Well, maybe we should copyright the phrase (and individual words) 'Tim Langdell'.
  • BabyJesus 18 Jun 2009 21:04:23 4,412 posts
    Seen 11 months ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Wow, this man is a pretentious cunt.
  • Trowel 18 Jun 2009 21:05:35 17,797 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I have just copyrighted the word "uglygamer".
  • seasidebaz 18 Jun 2009 21:09:10 6,126 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Guess what, I just trademarked "E". It's trademarked in the games industry, the car industry, and every other industry that exists and is yet to exist.

Therefore, I claim a sum of 50 licensing money from every person who used the letter "e" or "E" in any of the previous comments. Or anywhere ever.

Also, I want to punch Tim in the face.

RIGHT IN THE EDGE OF HIS STUPID BEARDY FACE. ON THE EDGE OF HIS BEARD. WITH THE EDGE OF MY HAND.

How can he even think about taking the logo from Edge magazine and get away with it?
  • Artemus 18 Jun 2009 21:10:01 1,007 posts
    Seen 5 days ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Just been checking out his website. Look at this shit. I can't believe Edge magazine settled with this loser. He uses their logo?! He has some sort of rights to a Datel peripheral for Wii. A bunch of games I've never heard of. "Racers" on PS3 and 360, yeah can't wait for that.
  • seasidebaz 18 Jun 2009 21:12:42 6,126 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Oh my fucking god he made a C64 game called "Brian Bloodlust" and STOLE the imagery from Life of Brian.
  • seasidebaz 18 Jun 2009 21:14:05 6,126 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Artemus wrote:
    Just been checking out his website. Look at this shit. I can't believe Edge magazine settled with this loser. He uses their logo?! He has some sort of rights to a Datel peripheral for Wii. A bunch of games I've never heard of. "Racers" on PS3 and 360, yeah can't wait for that.

Racer's Edge is the mechanics shop in The Fast And The Furious.

edit: Also, they have a game called "Teenage Wasteland" for all platforms, which apparently is a song by The Who.
  • Deleted user 18 June 2009 21:15:30
    Artemus wrote:
    Well he says he's been in partnership with them since, like, forever.

However, I looked up his name on Edge's forum and found only one instance, a locked thread in which a forumite pointed out his website and asked WTF and a mod came in and said, "Yeah, um, I've asked around and our legal department are looking into it and our legal response is "No comment"."

Which, to me, sounds about as far from an amicable partnership as it's possible to be without drawing lines in the ground and taking twenty paces...
  • BabyJesus 18 Jun 2009 21:19:01 4,412 posts
    Seen 11 months ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Yeah there is a 'teenage wastelander' game listed. Which will be interesting considering ea has 'Wasteland' for a name of a game copyrighted.

Hopefully bethesda have 'wastelander' copyrighted and sue this cunt off the planet.
  • Deleted user 18 June 2009 21:20:47
    BabyJesus wrote:
    Yeah there is a 'teenage wastelander' game listed. Which will be interesting considering ea has 'Wasteland' for a name of a game copyrighted.

Hopefully bethesda have 'wastelander' copyrighted and sue this cunt off the planet.
    I think the reason he does things like that is specifically to bait these large companies into suing him, so that he can then counter-sue with impunity, over anything and everything they own that has the word 'edge' in it. It's the only explanation for the Mirrors Edge and the Racers Edge stuff he's parading all over the place.

Mopping jizz off a peep show floor would be too good for this prick.
  • BabyJesus 18 Jun 2009 21:20:54 4,412 posts
    Seen 11 months ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I just checked the ip.gov website and he only got 1000.00 from Namco lmfao!
  • Deckard2 18 Jun 2009 21:23:01 3,187 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    A grand for doing sweet FA, not bad.

He's a fucking prick.
  • BabyJesus 18 Jun 2009 21:24:09 4,412 posts
    Seen 11 months ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    the evidence filed and the substantive hearing itself I order the opponent to pay
    to the applicant the sum of 1000, this sum to be paid within seven days of the expiry of the
    appeal period or within seven days of the final determination of this case if any appeal against
    this decision is unsuccessful.
    Dated this 14TH day of August 2002
    M KNIGHT
    For the Registrar
    the Comptroller-General

http://www.ipo.gov.uk/tm/t-decisionmaking/t-challenge/t-challenge-decision-results/o33702.pdf

Page 10
  • BabyJesus 18 Jun 2009 21:25:24 4,412 posts
    Seen 11 months ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    The lawyer costs were probably more than a grand alone.

Plus for the amount of effort he took to get that grand he could of earned a grand on minimum wage.

• Deleted user 18 June 2009 21:25:49
    I found a few blogs talking about this, including one with a post from some guy called 'Bob' which defends Langdell to the hilt, suggesting that Mobigame amongst others have conducted a smear campaign against him, and started all these stories about how he's had conflicts with Edge mag, and Marvel, and the whole thing about the 'Edgy' word being actually a totally agreed licensing arrangement between him and Mobigame (or something) and how actually he's behaved impeccably and it's everyone else that's been a cunt to him.

It's so blatantly written by him or someone that works for him. Hilarious.
  • Deleted user 18 June 2009 21:26:31
    BabyJesus wrote:
    The lawyer costs were probably more than a grand alone.

Plus for the amount of effort he took to get that grand he could of earned a grand on minimum wage.

Yeah but that would have required actual effort on his part.
  • Artemus 18 Jun 2009 21:27:05 1,007 posts
    Seen 5 days ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    MrED209 wrote:

Well he says he's been in partnership with them since, like, forever.

However, I looked up his name on Edge's forum and found only one instance, a locked thread in which a forumite pointed out his website and asked WTF and a mod came in and said, "Yeah, um, I've asked around and our legal department are looking into it and our legal response is "No comment"."

Which, to me, sounds about as far from an amicable partnership as it's possible to be without drawing lines in the ground and taking twenty paces...

Hmm, it's really fucking weird. You also have Hollywood studio that got scared. I mean how much power does this one guy have for gods sake?
  • BabyJesus 18 Jun 2009 21:28:07 4,412 posts
    Seen 11 months ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Makes you wonder though, could I just copyright a selection of words applied to an industry and moan,bitch and sue my way through life?

On second thought, that would be an absolute balls existence.
  • Deleted user 18 June 2009 21:31:32
    I'd fucking LOVE to know the details of these arrangements he made with the movie studio, Future Publishing, Marvel etc. And I also really fucking hope Mobigame didn't ever budge one inch to him. It seems from reading some of the statements from their side of the story (most of which have disappeared but some from people that worked with them on the game still exist) that they had no intention whatsoever of giving up without a fight, and being a two-man team there's no way they'd have been able to afford the 'millions of dollars' he was demanding from them to use the name in any territory whatsoever throughout the world (a claim they called him on and he allegedly failed to demonstrate proof of ownership in most of those territories).

I can only hope he's rolled over on this one and/or they're just sticking two fingers up at him, confident he'll never win.
  • Petrarch 18 Jun 2009 21:32:38 3,429 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I saw the thing where he had a game called "Mirrors" and made sure the Edge name appeared right underneath it.

I suspect he tried to strongarm EA who just laughed at him and said we'll see you in court. I further suspect he's trying a reverse angle to it and hoping they sue him so he can claim the victim card in court.
  • warlockuk 18 Jun 2009 21:33:28 19,180 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    If he owns it won't that shitty bloke from U2 get sand in his vagina?

I'm a grumpy bastard.

• Deleted user 18 June 2009 21:34:05
    Petrarch wrote:
    I saw the thing where he had a game called "Mirrors" and made sure the Edge name appeared right underneath it.

I suspect he tried to strongarm EA who just laughed at him and said we'll see you in court. I further suspect he's trying a reverse angle to it and hoping they sue him so he can claim the victim card in court.
    It explains the blatant thieving of Edge's logo (although apparently he's in partnership with them so that's just a bit of free artwork he can lift to save himself any effort or originality in that department, as well as ride on their coat-tails) and the Racer's Edge thing, and the Wastelanders thing.
  • Deleted user 18 June 2009 21:34:36
    warlockuk wrote:
    If he owns it won't that shitty bloke from U2 get sand in his vagina?
    He's probably scared they'll get their Irish mates to bomb him.
  • Page

of 28 First / Last