of 249 First / Last

• Ged42 8 Jul 2009 10:53:58 7,704 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Post deleted
  • Deleted user 8 July 2009 12:38:52
    shooter wrote:
    A little bit from the awesome Mr Emerson:

"I don't think Lost will have a happy ending," Emerson said. "It's the end and I think we are going to start seeing more casualties. I would put money on major characters being killed. I believe it will be a sad ending to the show -- or at least bittersweet. I think it will definitely be a series finale for grown-ups."

"I killed Jacob... maybe...probably," he hedged. "It isn't like we haven't seen plenty of other people be killed and somehow come back. And what does it mean if I did kill him? Who the hell was he anyway? Obviously, Ben wanted a father. So much of our show is about bad fathers. It is one of our biggest themes. And Jacob disappointed in those final moments. And maybe Jacob made it easy for him. Maybe that was all meant to happen. Is it all ordained? Maybe. And for that matter, can Jacob even be killed? Stay tuned is my response."

Nothin ground breaking but thought id share it none the less
    OH FOR GODS SAKE STOP SPOILING IT.

/kidding
  • askew 8 Jul 2009 12:42:45 12,060 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Oh, MrED: noticed that there is a Lost book coming out soon, with a load of mythology and tid-bits - similar to what you were talking about in the season 5 thread :)
  • Deleted user 8 July 2009 12:53:26
    I think I'll wait till season 6 ends - it's not going to be remotely satisfying until they're able to tie it all together. Otherwise all they can do is just talk about the show in vague terms.

Thanks though! :)
  • Ged42 8 Jul 2009 16:43:49 7,704 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Awww no spin offs

I was looking forward to the wacky saturday morning cartoon, 'Haunted Hurley and the Spooky Spook Gang'
  • Ged42 16 Jul 2009 01:11:32 7,704 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    A strange piece of lost related news

Apparently a script writer named Anthony Spinner wrote a pilot episode for a series called 'Lost' back in 1977 and is sueing ABC and Touchstone for royalities.

Here is a .pdf list of the similarities between his script and the modern Lost which seem to be the main plot and several character details, though without seeing the whole script it's difficult to ascertain how similar they actually are.

Though some fans are wondering if this is a rather elaborate piece of viral advertising given the date of the older script is 1977, maybe Hurley's been working on scripts for more than just Star Wars.
  • ecureuil 16 Jul 2009 03:23:19 76,533 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    The show has been on for years, and he's only just complaining? The plots are too similar to believe. If you're ripping something off, you change something other than just the character names. Make Charlie an alcoholic or something, eh? At least change the name of the bloody show!

So yeah, it must be a viral. I suggest we start looking for meaning within the alternative character name. And by "we" I mean "you guys". I can't be arsed.
  • cubbymoore 16 Jul 2009 03:44:48 36,468 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    It says in the article that he's tried to sue before but it was dismissed for procedural reasons.
  • Deleted user 16 July 2009 06:13:36
    It's got to be an in-joke - the date in particular is just too obvious.
  • HoriZon 25 Jul 2009 19:29:10 13,498 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Live Q&A at Comic Con right now, highlights below from Digital Spy & G4TV:

Damon and Carlton come on stage to the sound of Europe's 'The Final Countdown'. The pair begin by saying how greatful they are for everything Comic-Con has done for Lost in the last few years.

Darlton say they have the final scene of Lost written down and with them. Carlton pulls his page from his sock. They put the pages in a locked box and send it off to an undisclosed location. Damon says that on the night of the finale, they will go on Jimmy Kimmel Live and read the script, to prove they're not making things up as they go along.

Question time: "What are the similarities to season one in season six?" Damon says: "On the surface of it, there's a good chance you'll be seeing many of the characters you haven't seen [for a while]. It's really our goal for you to watch the final season of the show and not know what we're going to do next."

A woman now who says she is a Faraday fangirl and wonders if he'll be happily married with kids next season. "Faraday is kinda dead, so if you like zombie weddings, then maybe," says Carlton. He then confirms: "Faraday will be on the show though, yes."

Next question comes from Jorge Garcia (Hurley). He says that he hopes that the Losties haven't succeeded in changing events of the past because that would mean the last five seasons have been pointless. "Trust us," say Darlton. Jorge replies: "Yeah but the last time I trusted you guys, you said Nikki and Paolo were going to be awesome!"

Michael Emerson (Linus) appears next to Jorge and starts mocking him and his acting abilities. "Yall wanna know the real reason Michael's upset?" Jorge asks the audience. "Michael here originally wanted to play Hurley, but the part was already cast."

Michael retorts: "I think that everyone understands that I was originally cast in a guest spot but then became a series regular. A part that was written especially for me."

A video of Michael Emerson auditioning for the part of Hurley is shown. He's dressed in an oversized black T-shirt and wearing a black bandana. Much amusement as he recreates some classic Hurley scenes.

Michael and Jorge have now joined Darlton up on stage. A woman from the audience asks about a Richard Alpert flashback and if it will coincide with arrival of Black Rock. "You will be seeing a lot of Richard and I think we would be completely remiss if we didn't give you Richard's flashback before the end," says Carlton. Damon adds that Alpert's flashback will be "very involved".

Fan: I cried like a sissy when Juliette fell. Is she okay? And if not, can you make her okay? A: It hinges on whetehr her detonating the bomb had its desired effect. If it worked, she'd be okay, if it didn't... But Elizabeth Mitchell will be in the final season of LOST.

A planted audience member asks a time travel paradox question, and his nose starts to bleed. It's Bob Stencil. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bob_Stencil (LOL) :)

Footage of Nestor Carbonelli (Richard Alpert) supposedly backstage, sitting in front of a makeup mirror and applying mascara, before complaining then attacking the camera. On queue, Nestor comes out on stage.

A fan (who looks likes Hurley) asks: What made the food drop in Season 2? Jorge Garcia: It comes from planes. The producers say that is something that might be dealt with.

Another Hurley look-alike asks how big a part Dharma will play this year. "Not as big a role," says Carlton. "We are kind of moving on to some other stuff this year." Damon adds that more will be revealed about Dharma on the DVD.

Fan asks a simple yes or no question: Has Jacob has ever appeared as any other image than himself, such as Claire or other characters? "Claire" is the secret word, so this guy gets a Lost prop: A representation of the seagull Claire released in season 2, with the actual note. The answer to the question: NO.

There's one more special guest: After a Sawyer montage, Josh Holloway shows up on stage! Much whooping from the audience.

Josh joins the gang on stage. Darlton ask if there are any questions, and Josh pipes up. He then tazers Damon, before taking the key to the locked box from around his neck.

Josh then coerces Carlton into unlocking the box. He then takes the script. "Alright yall, finally," he tells the audience then pauses.

"Oh my god, you don't know how to read, do you?" asks Michael then takes the script from Josh, who protests: "I left my glasses on the island!"

Michael reads a scene between Sylar and Parkman at a collapsed circus tent. "What the fuck is this?!?" says Michael. Much laughter.

Clip reel of the fallen Losties. In order: Gary Troup, Captain Seth Norris, Dr. Leslie Atrz, Neil "Frogurt", Roger Linus, Tom Friendly, Ethan Rom, Ana Lucia Cortez, Elizabeth "Libby" Smith, Nikki & Paolo, Karl Martin, Danielle Rousseau, Alex Rousseau, Shannon Rutherford, Boone Carlyle, Charlotte Lewis, Mr. Eko, Michael Dawson, Daniel Faraday, Charlie Pace.

Very extended clips of Charlie's time on Lost. Applause and cheering. It ends with the caption: "You are Lost, but not forgotten."

Clip ends, Dominic appears on stage to hysterical cheering. "That's all folks," say Darlton and it's a wrap. What do you think this means? Is Charlie coming back to Lost?

I used to be a gamer like you, then I took an arrow in the knee.

• M83J01P97 25 Jul 2009 19:55:08 6,553 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Darlton say they have the final scene of Lost written down and with them. Carlton pulls his page from his sock. They put the pages in a locked box and send it off to an undisclosed location. Damon says that on the night of the finale, they will go on Jimmy Kimmel Live and read the script, to prove they're not making things up as they go along.

They should have done that a long time ago... seems a bit pointless this late into the shows life.
  • Feanor 25 Jul 2009 20:47:24 14,064 posts
    Seen 19 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Cheers HoriZon.
  • Ged42 25 Jul 2009 23:41:53 7,704 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Seems like the Lost Season 6 promo stuff has started up with Lost University.

Also some other fun Lost Comic-con stuff.

Prop Auction - I could have so much fun with Ben's passport lol

Adverts for Mr. Clucks and Oceanic
  • M83J01P97 26 Jul 2009 00:23:35 6,553 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Mysteries of The Universe - The Dharma Initiative
  • ecureuil 27 Jul 2009 01:17:55 76,533 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    S6 promo image

Can't see much, but we can see a huge amount of characters, which is something.
  • M83J01P97 27 Jul 2009 08:40:32 6,553 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Aww, it's the same as the original Season 1 promo pic and UK DVD cover. Although seeing as filming hasn't even started, I imagine we will be getting a 'proper' cast photo for season 6 later this year.
  • Deleted user 27 July 2009 08:45:15
    M83J01P97 wrote:

They should have done that a long time ago... seems a bit pointless this late into the shows life.
    Guess you didn't read the rest of the article, huh?
  • M83J01P97 27 Jul 2009 08:48:13 6,553 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Post deleted
  • L0cky 27 Jul 2009 15:00:34 1,501 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    M83J01P97 wrote:
    Aww, it's the same as the original Season 1 promo pic and UK DVD cover.

Not exactly. There's a lot more people on it; with John in the middle being the only person with his back turned.

There's also a bunch of people who are supposed to be dead; like Shannon.
  • Ged42 27 Jul 2009 16:25:45 7,704 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Aintitcool have got the videos of the comic-con Q&A up now if anyone hasn't already seen it. Though they've cut out some video scenes for some reason.

• Deleted user 27 July 2009 16:37:53
    Ged42 wrote:
    Aintitcool have got the videos of the comic-con Q&A up now if anyone hasn't already seen it. Though they've cut out some video scenes for some reason.

Copyright, I guess.
  • ecureuil 27 Jul 2009 20:15:14 76,533 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    The comic-con panel was entertaining. They really have mastered the art of saying a lot while saying nothing, haven't they? Michael Emerson is superb. :)

I was thinking about how good a Lost videogame could be. I know there already was one, but they went about it the wrong way. They should have used the Crysis engine and perfectly recreated the island. I've been looking around and a few people have set about making Lost mods for the game, but it's not really the same. A dedicated development team could do something really special with that engine. The island could be perfectly recreated, so could the flashes, and we could see the island at different points in time. The potential is huge.
  • M83J01P97 27 Jul 2009 20:17:18 6,553 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    So basically a good Lost game and not the tripe that came out last year? :)
  • Flightrisker 27 Jul 2009 20:20:20 18,096 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Can we please change the '6' in the title. It has the potential to ruin my enjoyment of this last season of Lost.
  • ecureuil 27 Jul 2009 20:23:36 76,533 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    M83J01P97 wrote:
    So basically a good Lost game and not the tripe that came out last year? :)

Um, yeah. :) I'm not sure how the full thing would work as a game, but I'd love to see what they could do with a fully modelled island. Just being able to explore it would be interesting.
  • Deleted user 28 July 2009 03:07:47
    Am I Alive?
  • ecureuil 28 Jul 2009 03:20:04 76,533 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    The fact that he even turned up at the panel suggests he's got a big role to play next season.
  • GuiltySpark 28 Jul 2009 03:22:06 6,325 posts
    Seen 40 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Can't really see what role Charlie could have. He was never that important, hopefully he's not just being brought back because he's a fan favourite.

Get bent.

• ecureuil 28 Jul 2009 03:22:57 76,533 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Well I'm sure they know what they're doing. They've earned my trust with the last two seasons.
  • Page

of 249 First / Last