Lost Final Season 6 Official Thread (US Pace) Page 2

• Page

of 249 First / Last

• chopsen 14 Jun 2009 12:48:08 16,290 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    So, any idle speculation on the rules of time travel paradoxes in Lost? If the bomb went off, then all of the last 5 series didn't happen. But then, that means they wouldn't have ended up in a situation allowing them to set the bomb off, etc etc.

I remember physicist guy telling Scottish bloke he was special, but generally the rules of the game was "whatever happened, happened."
  • M83J01P97 14 Jun 2009 12:48:37 6,710 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    The only reason Fox knows all that is because he was going to leave the show at the end of season 4 so they agreed to let him in on some secrets to show just how important his character would be (and paid him a shit load of extra money).
  • Deleted user 14 June 2009 13:08:52
    M83J01P97 wrote:
    The only reason Fox knows all that is because he was going to leave the show at the end of season 4 so they agreed to let him in on some secrets to show just how important his character would be (and paid him a shit load of extra money).
    Yeah we know.

:)
  • Deleted user 14 June 2009 13:13:53
    Chopsen wrote:
    So, any idle speculation on the rules of time travel paradoxes in Lost? If the bomb went off, then all of the last 5 series didn't happen. But then, that means they wouldn't have ended up in a situation allowing them to set the bomb off, etc etc.

I remember physicist guy telling Scottish bloke he was special, but generally the rules of the game was "whatever happened, happened."
    There's a lot of talk about this in the last thread I think - I agree with you - the bomb can't go off, because WH, H.

I think they spent a vast amount of time setting it up as a rule for two reasons: firstly, it is the rule and makes things much easier for the writers. Secondly, by establishing it as the rule it makes it more dramatic that Jack sets out to break the rule, even to the point of (apparently) actually succeeding in breaking it by detonating the bomb.

But because I believe they can't actually break the rule and still manage to explain that and finish the story in one season, I don't think they succeeded in breaking it. I think flash = bomb going off AND electromagnetism escaping at same time, cancelling each other out and producing The Incident or as before but also producing the side effect of a time jump for all the Losties, taking them to the future where 'Not Locke' has just seemingly killed Jacob.
  • ScoobySkywalker 20 Jun 2009 19:49:59 12 posts
    Seen 5 years ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Matthew Fox ( Jack ) said on Jonathan Ross fans have told him season 5 of lost was the best so far. But Matthew also said that season 6 is better than the last 5 seasons .

Lets hope what he said will be true
  • HoriZon 27 Jun 2009 19:56:36 13,596 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Lost star Mark Pellegrino has joined the cast of Supernatural.

According to Entertainment Weekly, the actor - who was unveiled as Jacob at the end of Lost's fifth season - has been cast as Lucifer on the CW drama series.

Pellegrino will first show up in the new season premiere on September 10.

The actor has previously appeared in Dexter, as Rita's abusive ex.

------------------

He might not be back for Lost then?

I used to be a gamer like you, then I took an arrow in the knee.

• M83J01P97 27 Jun 2009 20:31:26 6,710 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    They apparently cast him long before Season 5 of Lost, so I doubt this is going to be a problem. In fact, if he is in Supernature from September, that would suggest the majority of filming would have been done by now or well under way.

Season 6 of Lost doesn't start shooting until late August.
  • Feanor 28 Jun 2009 00:15:16 14,185 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Supernatural is a pretty good show.
  • Flightrisker 28 Jun 2009 15:23:12 18,138 posts
    Seen 4 months ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    One extra hour of lost then
    http://tv.ign.com/articles/999/999005p1.html
  • ecu 28 Jun 2009 16:20:18 77,313 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Good. I got the impression last season that we missed some bits of story due to the shorter season. Actually they confirmed this in the podcast.
  • Deleted user 29 June 2009 11:40:07
    Lovely stuff. About to link to same story, different site. 2 hour premiere, 2 hour finale, too. Splendid and tremendous. Bomb-didn't-go-off-and-they-all-jumped-in-time-and-that's-what-the-white-flash-was FTW.
  • Youthist 29 Jun 2009 11:41:48 10,083 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Are the writers still pretending they had the entire thing worked out / story booked right from the off at the start of series 1? Paaaallllleeeaaase

"Good chess players think one move ahead. Great chess players think two or three moves ahead."

• Khanivor 29 Jun 2009 14:59:43 41,261 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    They never claimed that at all. I think from Season they've nailed down the story and once they were committed to ending it after six seasons they've had a cohesive storyline. Or so it has been said :)
  • Flightrisker 29 Jun 2009 15:30:42 18,138 posts
    Seen 4 months ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Youthist wrote:
    Are the writers still pretending they had the entire thing worked out / story booked right from the off at the start of series 1? Paaaallllleeeaaase

Ah I love people who don't watch a show and enter a thread just to mouth off and then vanish. Makes my whole week.
  • Deleted user 29 June 2009 15:40:04
    Khanivor wrote:
    They never claimed that at all. I think from Season they've nailed down the story and once they were committed to ending it after six seasons they've had a cohesive storyline. Or so it has been said :)
    Season... what?

:p

• Deleted user 29 June 2009 15:45:37
    Personally, I think there's a very convincing argument that they did indeed know exactly what the 'end game' of story was when they started out. That is to say, the story of two 'forces', one good (white), one evil (black) and their power struggle as played out on an island that's been host to the battle for a long long time, the plane crash survivors being just the latest pawns in the battle.

I think they always knew that, as it's referenced directly many times in the first season and indeed the very first double episode.

Most of the rest they've made up as they went along and characters got popular or had to leave etc. They'll have known there was another set of people on the island (the others) and they'll have known that Dharma built stations there, but each aspect will have been refined as each season progressed, until the point where they knew they had a definite timescale to work to to finish everything, and at that point there was a lot less dallying around and a lot more getting on with it.

To claim that they knew EXACTLY what would happen in every series before they even got the commission from the pilot episodes would be just daft. That's why nobody really claims this and Youthist just came across like a fool who wandered in to fire off some stupid troll comments :)
  • Telepathic.Geometry 29 Jun 2009 15:46:16 11,560 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I'll keep the spoilers on there just in case anyone is bent out of shape by it, but this, this motherfucker right here:And if fans still thought showrunners Damon Lindelof and Carlton Cuse were making it up as they went along, Fox says they'll become believers by the time the show ends. "All the little pieces of the puzzle that Damon and Carlton laid out and all those tracks that were laid story-wise early… at times the audience didn't have a lot of faith that they knew where they were heading with it," he said. "The show will prove that they did know all along where they were heading with it, because all those pieces will come back into play."

This gives me tremendous hope that this is in fact one of the first rate shows of all time.

|| PSN Barrysama || NNID Barrysama ||

• Deleted user 29 June 2009 15:57:16
    No spoilers whatsoever in that, by the way :)
  • ecu 29 Jun 2009 16:47:24 77,313 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I posted it on the previous page, too. :p
  • Youthist 29 Jun 2009 17:06:15 10,083 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Flightrisker wrote:
    Youthist wrote:

Ah I love people who don't watch a show and enter a thread just to mouth off and then vanish. Makes my whole week.

Good - then have another one.

"Good chess players think one move ahead. Great chess players think two or three moves ahead."

• M83J01P97 29 Jun 2009 18:25:25 6,710 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    It's simple really, the writers had a beginning, a middle and an end from day one, and they have just been filling in the gaps since then.

• ecu 2 Jul 2009 21:39:28 77,313 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    What?
  • ecu 2 Jul 2009 21:42:54 77,313 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    We're not trying to ruin anything. We have a long wait and it's nice to know how it's progressing.
  • ecu 8 Jul 2009 04:33:28 77,313 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Darlton talks

As usual, there are no spoilers, but I'll spoiler tag for those with sand in their vaginas.

Condensed info if you can't be arsed to read the article..

- Six is it, no spinoff
    - NO MORE TIME TRAVELING
    - Sad ending... because you'll be sad the series is over, no more excitement or anticipation
    - more of smokey, will become a character in itself
  • Deleted user 8 July 2009 07:00:08
    Gaz40 wrote:
    you are talking about things that hasn't been created yet. so you are 'looking behind the curtain' so to speak, trying to ruin it for yourselves instead of going with the flow of the story when its told. It's not part of it.

Er. No we're not. We don't like spoilers either, we're just talking about what might happen or might not happen or what people in the show have been talking about. I think you'll find most of us actively stamp down on spoilers, or ask for them to be tagged. Weirdo.

Oh, also, SO WHAT? Don't come in here?
  • Deleted user 8 July 2009 07:03:37
    Gaz40 wrote:
    Speculating on the established story is good but monitoring which actors are signed up or not for next season is a bit different. Oh well its not your fault the existing story probably doesnt have that many clues and its all circular open ended stuff that could lead to anything, anything they decide to write from here on can be rationalised and made to fit, so it doesn't matter I guess.
    Ohhhhhh, I get it. You're trolling the Lost thread. Nice. :)

We all know they've known how it ends for ages.
  • shooter 8 Jul 2009 10:29:14 394 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    A little bit from the awesome Mr Emerson:

"I don't think Lost will have a happy ending," Emerson said. "It's the end and I think we are going to start seeing more casualties. I would put money on major characters being killed. I believe it will be a sad ending to the show -- or at least bittersweet. I think it will definitely be a series finale for grown-ups."

"I killed Jacob... maybe...probably," he hedged. "It isn't like we haven't seen plenty of other people be killed and somehow come back. And what does it mean if I did kill him? Who the hell was he anyway? Obviously, Ben wanted a father. So much of our show is about bad fathers. It is one of our biggest themes. And Jacob disappointed in those final moments. And maybe Jacob made it easy for him. Maybe that was all meant to happen. Is it all ordained? Maybe. And for that matter, can Jacob even be killed? Stay tuned is my response."

Nothin ground breaking but thought id share it none the less
  • Page

of 249 First / Last