Lost Final Season 6 Official Thread (US Pace)

• Page

of 249 First / Last

Previous
  • HoriZon 4 Jun 2009 18:34:04 13,564 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    DS says:

The producers of Lost have confirmed that Emilie De Ravin is returning to the series.

The actress, who plays Claire in the ABC series, will reportedly make a comeback as a full-time series regular for the show's final season.

"Damon [Lindelof] and I are very excited to bring Claire back to the show," said executive producer Carlton Cuse. "And even more excited for people to experience just how she will return."

It was recently announced that Elizabeth Mitchell is returning to the series in her role as Juliet Burke.

---------------------

So then a new thread for a new final season!!!!!

I used to be a gamer like you, then I took an arrow in the knee.

• cubbymoore 4 Jun 2009 18:35:35 36,500 posts
    Seen 54 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Hmmm, you reckon you could spoilerise that info? I didn't particularly want to know it myself.
  • HoriZon 4 Jun 2009 18:36:30 13,564 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Sorry...

• Jonathan_Fakenham 4 Jun 2009 18:43:56 301 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Well that's what they said last season when she disappeared anyway. She'd be back.
  • Khanivor 4 Jun 2009 18:46:06 40,937 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Ya, I've always expected her to come back. I'm still going with the idea that the Shepherd family is an important one to the Island.

How many more months?

/gnaws knuckle
  • Feanor 4 Jun 2009 19:23:04 14,180 posts
    Seen 46 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    So now we know for sure that the bomb didn't go off. Juliet is Terminator-tough to survive that fall.
  • Deleted user 4 June 2009 19:24:16
    Eh? How do we know that then?
  • Feanor 4 Jun 2009 19:25:47 14,180 posts
    Seen 46 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    I was assuming she's not just going to appear in flashbacks, but I guess that's possible.
  • Deleted user 4 June 2009 19:26:39
    Oh, she'll more than likely come back the same the sheppards and all did.
  • mattigan 4 Jun 2009 19:27:30 1,429 posts
    Seen 4 months ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I would have thought that we now know for sure that it did go off…
  • Lukus 4 Jun 2009 19:32:54 19,247 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Can someone give me a quick recap of seasons 1 - 5 please.

Paintings & Photographs

• Feanor 4 Jun 2009 19:35:59 14,180 posts
    Seen 46 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    CrispyXUK wrote:
    Oh, she'll more than likely come back the same the sheppards and all did.

Yeah, you are probably right. I think we have enough of that type of character already, though.
  • HoriZon 4 Jun 2009 19:44:06 13,564 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Lukus wrote:

Crash, hatch, others, boat comes, O6 go home, O6 go back, some go to 70's, bomb goes b000m!

• Genji 5 Jun 2009 05:08:54 19,689 posts
    Seen 3 years ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    For anyone who hasn't seen it yet, it looks like Smokey is getting his own series!
  • Genji 5 Jun 2009 05:10:45 19,689 posts
    Seen 3 years ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Lukus wrote:
    tl;dr, basically
  • Deleted user 5 June 2009 07:20:06
    mattigan wrote:
    I would have thought that we now know for sure that it did go off…
    I'm going with 'didn't', though. Flash was a time leap. I'm sticking to that theory.
  • Ged42 6 Jun 2009 12:46:30 7,748 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Strange promo for upcoming new seasons on ABC with various stars of their shows playing table football (foosball) which may contain a Lost spoiler about the return of a character or it may be just a silly promo.

When Dominic Monaghan says he was dead, is he refering to Charlie or some other character in a new show?
  • Deleted user 6 June 2009 13:15:28
    I have no idea. It seems an odd choice of actor from Lost to use given that he's not made an appearance in many many episodes now, and especially given that yes, he was dead. As to whether it's a clue he's returning in some form, who knows? I thought it was just a nod to the fact that his character was dead on the show. Was as in, in the last series, as in, past tense. I didn't interpret it as meaning that he was dead and in the future he won't be.

But to be honest, you could argue either way forever. And I'm sure we probably will. :)
  • ecu 6 Jun 2009 14:28:25 77,017 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Oh god, here we go again!
  • HoriZon 6 Jun 2009 17:24:09 13,564 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    MrED209 wrote:
    I have no idea. It seems an odd choice of actor from Lost to use given that he's not made an appearance in many many episodes now, and especially given that yes, he was dead. As to whether it's a clue he's returning in some form, who knows? I thought it was just a nod to the fact that his character was dead on the show. Was as in, in the last series, as in, past tense. I didn't interpret it as meaning that he was dead and in the future he won't be.

But to be honest, you could argue either way forever. And I'm sure we probably will. :)

He's joining the cast of Chuck is he not or has he already?

• Syrette 6 Jun 2009 19:55:12 43,747 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Lukus wrote:

Lots of pretentious, overrated nonsense, lapped up by strange fanboys who then proceed to take this show more seriously than life itself, as if it's actually real.

;)

• Kokapetl 7 Jun 2009 00:37:31 865 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    HoriZon wrote:
    MrED209 wrote:

He's joining the cast of Chuck is he not or has he already?

Can't see that happening. As far as I'm aware Chuck's budget has been slashed. I believe NBC have only agreed to 17 episodes of season 3 due to the fact that the season 2 ratings were horribly low. There was even talk at one point of axing one of the regular cast which will actually make me cry if it happens.

EDIT: My bad. He turns up halfway through season 2.

Xbox Live/PS3/Steam - Kokapetl
    3DS - 0903-2865-7239 - Face

• ecu 14 Jun 2009 11:36:13 77,017 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Matthew Fox talks Season 6

No real spoilers here at all, but I know how sensitive some of you ladies are and I'm sure someone will have a cry about it if I don't tag it.

There's been lots of speculation about how season six will start--season five ended with Jack believing it was his destiny to detonate the Hydrogen bomb to reset events that led them to the island.

"The sixth season will start with [the answer to the destiny question], and I think it will be very surprising, and probably fairly confusing initially to the audience," Fox explained. "And I think relatively soon into the year, the two timeframes are going to be solidified into one time and we will be operating at a more linear time through the end of the series. Like a third of the way in, I would guess, we're going to get on one timeframe, and it will be very linear--no more flashbacks, nothing--it will be very linear on the island and sort of a final conflict to the end."

And if fans still thought showrunners Damon Lindelof and Carlton Cuse were making it up as they went along, Fox says they'll become believers by the time the show ends. "All the little pieces of the puzzle that Damon and Carlton laid out and all those tracks that were laid story-wise early… at times the audience didn't have a lot of faith that they knew where they were heading with it," he said. "The show will prove that they did know all along where they were heading with it, because all those pieces will come back into play."

Jack's rivalry with John Locke isn't done, either. "I've always known that Jack and Locke will come head-to-head again in the final year and that I'll have plenty of work to do with Terry [O'Quinn]."

And what of the show's final moments? "I think the show is going to end in an incredibly powerful and very sad and beautiful way," he says. "I think it's going to be incredibly satisfying, and cathartic, and redemptive, and beautiful. Every time I talk to [Damon] it's sort of surprising how moving it is just to talk about it… we've been through a lot together, and specifically through [Fox's character Jack]."

As far as Matthew's personal life, after Lost he's planning to move to Oregon to be closer to family and get deeper into his new hobby, which is ironically flying planes. Lost will be Fox's final television project, as he wants to concentrate on film because it "gives [him] more freedom in his life."
  • Deleted user 14 June 2009 12:18:36
    As regards what he says about timelines, that's pretty much what I expected and in my mind fits in with what I think the white flash signified. Also seems on the face of
    it to fit in with what many (most?) of us think had been going on all along, a battle between light (Jacob?) and dark (that other guy from the start of the last episode, who appears to have taken the form of Locke).

Sounds like it's going to be good, either way.
  • gareth886 14 Jun 2009 12:19:00 2,841 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    People still watch Lost?
  • ecu 14 Jun 2009 12:21:33 77,017 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Not at the moment, no, since the season has finished.
  • Deleted user 14 June 2009 12:40:55
    Great question. Excellent answer.
  • Page

of 249 First / Last

Previous