Forza Motorsport 3 Page 38

• Page

of 157 First / Last

• ronuds 24 Sep 2009 15:01:15 21,788 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Is it everything we've hoped for? Does it look as good as the screens and videos we've been seeing?

I went to DL this this morning, and couldn't find it! >:(
  • mcmonkeyplc 24 Sep 2009 15:02:08 39,435 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Has it got the Honda civic 06+?! I must drive my own car like a mad man!

Come and get it cumslingers!

• Deleted user 24 September 2009 15:04:59
    what wrote:
    Does anyone here reckon the graphics are a bit underwhelming, especially after how beautiful it looks on those Gamersyde clips?

It looks like it does on those Gamersyde clips, because it's the same game.
  • alasdairm 24 Sep 2009 15:06:31 154 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Any indication from the menus if this has sytem link multiplayer ?

( I think I read it has system link for a panoramic view/3 screen set-up)
  • Deleted user 24 September 2009 15:07:39
    It's very basic. There's very few options outside of choosing the cars and gameplay. No control adjustments or multiplayer.
  • corstick 24 Sep 2009 15:20:15 3,263 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Psychotext wrote:
    corstick wrote:
    But steering feels quite spongy (at least with a pad) which is odd because responsive controls were one of the best things about the previous game.

The steering lacks a lot of feedback... though thankfully I'll be sorting that out with the acquisition of a wheel.

What I wouldn't give to be able to plug in my G25. The Fanatec wheel is just too expensive and the MS one doesn't even bare thinking about.
  • Shyvah 24 Sep 2009 15:20:38 20 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    RE: preparing you to drive these cars in real life.

The sheer amount of practice I did on the Ring in Forza 2 paid dividends when I finally went in RL. Whether the same would be true of specific cars, I'm not sure. I found that a similar car (FR layout) did help.
  • Psychotext 24 Sep 2009 15:27:58 53,933 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I'm starting to tame the GT3, still not great with it but I did manage to win the race.
  • Psychotext 24 Sep 2009 15:32:09 53,933 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    So... I guess there's no leaderboards in the demo. How's everyone doing on laptimes? Does it show your best lap anywhere?
  • Calgon 24 Sep 2009 15:33:43 531 posts
    Seen 9 months ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Does anyone here reckon the graphics are a bit underwhelming, especially after how beautiful it looks on those Gamersyde clips?

So you're saying you've been misslead by offscreen gameplay footage? Unless you have the worst TV ever and are in SD too then it should look even better than those clips that have done nothing but impress the vast majority of people who've watched them.

FFS I'm sure some of the people posting here are PS3 trolls, do people really sink that low though? I never used to think anyone would be that sad but the more I read gamersyde comments, the more I see GT fanboys are obsessed with forza. Forza fans dont seem to care about GT at all... I think that says it all personally.

The graphics are some of the best on a console to date. It is a shame they didnt try and do some windscreen effects or grass or gravel particles(something that should be easy for 360)... because neither of them are hardware taxing effects, it was probably due to time constraints more than anything, better than waiting till next year though IMO.

Would really like to have a go of this myself but that will have to wait I guess. :(
  • GafferTaped 24 Sep 2009 15:35:34 88 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    The GT3 is rear wheel drive, or at least i think so as it highlights the rear-wheels in the selection bit. To me it seems easier to correct an over-zealous acceleration out of a corner. Certainly a lot more manageable than a 1980s Porsche in Forza 2. My only driving aids are anti-lock brakes and err the braking line >.< And corners where I thought i put the power down too early, it just carried on with just a slight twitch. In F2, I'd have been in the wall. Perhaps because the GT3 has so much grip and is a well tuned machine, it's so much easier to control, but it seems to be easier to control than the Berlinetta in F2. Well, maybe not the Berlinetta, but definitely anything RW.

I like the improved feeling of speed in the bumper-cam mode.
  • Deleted user 24 September 2009 15:36:44
    Pretty awesome demo. I've been driving backwards smashing cars up for the last half hour.
  • kiroquai 24 Sep 2009 15:37:16 262 posts
    Seen 34 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Loved it. Particularly liked (as mentioned) that you really feel the tyres this time around; gives you a much better sensation of where the limits of grip are, even without Force Feedback. The Porsche is a wicked car to lamp it round in - after the R8 it was fun to see how far you could throw the Porsche by comparison.

Not sure about whether I'll be able to get the hang of doing the clutch on the pad, mind.
  • GafferTaped 24 Sep 2009 15:43:16 88 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    What's the general thoughts on steering wheels? I haven't used one for about 7 years, so i'm guessing technology has moved on - any alternatives to the MS Wheel / cheap Logitech? Considering I'll probably use it for this and Forza 2.
  • LOLLERS 24 Sep 2009 15:43:17 75 posts
    Seen 48 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Psychotext wrote:
    So... I guess there's no leaderboards in the demo.

I'm sure there was supposed to be...I didn't see them either.
  • Psychotext 24 Sep 2009 15:47:08 53,933 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Calgon wrote:
    Would really like to have a go of this myself but that will have to wait I guess. :(
    No 360, or no gold? Because there's a torrent of the demo floating around.
  • uiruki 24 Sep 2009 15:47:17 3,681 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    This feels a lot more like Forza 1 with respect to the sensation of tyres making contact with the road, I rather like it.
  • Calgon 24 Sep 2009 15:49:37 531 posts
    Seen 9 months ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Pyschotext, no 360 yet, think I'll get the Forza3 bundle now though.

Likely to be recently manufactured and you get 250GB too.
  • kiroquai 24 Sep 2009 15:49:59 262 posts
    Seen 34 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    With regard to the question about laptimes etc, my best are around the 1.02.80 with the clutch and nothing else at the moment (using the GT3).
  • Deleted user 24 September 2009 15:50:08
    You can really feel the weight transfer and elevation changes on that track. It's all very exciting.
  • brokenkey 24 Sep 2009 15:50:52 6,983 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Shyvah wrote:
    RE: preparing you to drive these cars in real life.

The sheer amount of practice I did on the Ring in Forza 2 paid dividends when I finally went in RL. Whether the same would be true of specific cars, I'm not sure. I found that a similar car (FR layout) did help.

Is the Ring going to be in 3?

3DS 3497-0122-1484
    XBL/PSN/NNID: CptnBrokenkey

• Psychotext 24 Sep 2009 16:09:32 53,933 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Ok, I just managed a 1:04:678 with the GT3. Was a sloppy lap towards the end though. I can do better!

One thing I've noticed about the handling that I really like is that it's really easy to tell when you're at the edge of your grip threshold. Top stuff.
  • kiroquai 24 Sep 2009 16:14:39 262 posts
    Seen 34 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    You'll find plenty of time - I did! Things like the penultimate left being a quick flick down to third and a feather rather than a proper braking zone. Had been driving the other cars before the GT3 and probably still haven't found the ideal pace through each turn yet. Just did a 1.02.4.

The one issue I have is finding space to have a clear lap! Managed to finish second once, but that orange Panoz is uncatchable from sixth on the grid.
  • Psychotext 24 Sep 2009 16:16:52 53,933 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I found it was much easier to get a good time on hard difficulty than medium (for obvious reasons, the cars aren't so slow in the corners)... however, I really wish they'd made it as many laps as you like so that the pack can spread out a bit. Not to mention the fact that there's actually no record of your best time.

I tell you something though, I'll be all over the full game like a rash. Can't wait.
  • Psychotext 24 Sep 2009 16:17:55 53,933 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Oh, and yeah... Plenty of time to find. I was sideways through the penultimate corner and half way up the hill after it. :D
  • kiroquai 24 Sep 2009 16:21:44 262 posts
    Seen 34 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I love that corner :D. The little crest after it just before the final bend can be hugely evil too if you get bad run at it.

Will be interesting to see what my mate thinks of this - he runs Brawn GP's factory simulator and we're quite competitive when it comes to racing games... mainly as I am trying to prove to him that he should let me have a go in the rig they run Button and Barrichello in :D
  • Calgon 24 Sep 2009 16:22:50 531 posts
    Seen 9 months ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    psychotext was it you that bought that fancy wheel and stand? How is it?
  • Deleted user 24 September 2009 16:33:33
    Stop bitching and turn the assists off you noobs.. lol It wont feel realistic if handlind, braking and turning assists are on ffs. Doesn't take a freakin scientist.

Since when have you seen leaderboards in demo...?

I keep getting amazed by the forum questions/issue with the game lol...
    Sweet game. My buddy's bro is obsessed and I just told him it came out on demo and hung up on me to download it. When released I think he ill leave his woman too. Maniac im telling you.
  • Psychotext 24 Sep 2009 16:38:18 53,933 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Calgon wrote:
    psychotext was it you that bought that fancy wheel and stand? How is it?
    Still being manufactured. :p

davisorle wrote:
    Since when have you seen leaderboards in demo...?
    Shitloads of them. Where the hell have you been?
  • Page

of 157 First / Last