Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance Page 19

• Page

of 22 First / Last

• SuperBas 28 Feb 2013 14:00:37 1,450 posts
    Seen 46 seconds ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    @King_Edward

I'm sorry, but no.

The parry is quite easy to do, either you pull off a good one that counters automatically, or you do it too soon and you get a flinching movement, from which you can recover very quick and do another parry. If several enemies attack you at once, parrying isn't practical. Press X plus square to dodge backwards (you need to buy this move). Both French girl, and Storm guy just had me standing there, spamming parry while waiting for their attack sequence to stop, at which point I just started mashing X again. The bald guy does fuck all, except for raise his shields sometimes. I was playing hard mode, maybe it becomes more difficult on higher difficulties.

As for blade mode. The on-screen action usually freezes, with a large Japanese symbol on the right indicating that you should enter blade mode. Other times, the action freezes as you see a massive object heading towards you. In both situations, you have ample time to enter blade mode.

So yeah, it really is as easy as I make it out to be. I'm not an amazing gamer, I can't beat Ninja Gaiden's Master Ninja mode. However, except for Sam, there's no truly challenging bosses.

Edited by SuperBas at 14:13:56 28-02-2013
  • kinky_mong 28 Feb 2013 14:13:14 9,975 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    You did totally oversimplify the last boss, there's at least two other strategies required; run the fuck away from his area effect move/walls of fire, and pray blade mode registered properly during the one hit kill debris o' doom!

Edited by kinky_mong at 14:28:11 28-02-2013

I'll never get my Orc looking the same again.

• King_Edward 28 Feb 2013 14:17:09 11,454 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    You also skipped over monsoon's invincible phase, and funnily enough Sam is the only boys I beat first time.

Monsoon and the last boss I'm sure both took me into double digit attempts.
  • kinky_mong 28 Feb 2013 14:19:19 9,975 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Yeah Monsoon was a real fucker on hard.

• L_Franko Moderator 28 Feb 2013 14:23:04 9,694 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Can you please use spoilers a bit more for various boss moves and strategies guys, some of us haven't completed it. Cheers.
  • kinky_mong 28 Feb 2013 14:29:11 9,975 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    How have you not completed it? It's only three hours long! ;)

Nah, point taken I've spoiler tagged my post.

• L_Franko Moderator 28 Feb 2013 14:30:48 9,694 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I'm a slow gamer :)

Much appreciated.
  • Kuronos23 28 Feb 2013 15:02:54 133 posts
    Seen 18 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    L_Franko wrote:
    Do the harder difficulties increase enemy numbers? Starting to want there to be more things to chop up in my normal game. Already looking forward to playing this again on hard.
    I don't think anyone answered this.

Hard doesn't change any enemies, but very hard and revengeance do. You'll get different configurations with harder enemies.

Also, if you don't want to finish hard to unlock the other difficulties: Konami code at the press start prompt.

Forgot to add: completely agree about the music. The way the bosses have themed music set to sync up with awesome things happening onscreen is really effective. I bought the soundtrack, it's cheesy as hell but I can't help loving it.

Edited by Kuronos23 at 15:08:33 28-02-2013
  • Big-Swiss 28 Feb 2013 15:14:16 8,076 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    this thread makes me miss playing dark souls............
  • L_Franko Moderator 28 Feb 2013 15:18:59 9,694 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @Kuronos23

Cheers mate.
  • MrTomFTW Moderator 1 Mar 2013 10:02:21 37,376 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    anthonypappa wrote:
    i cancelled when prompted to upgrade/modify myself. how do i do it?

at monsoon on hard. how do you dodge the bit where he jumps out of the smoke? keep losing at lot of health there.

and when cars he chucks at you, i think you can get health from them if you deal with them correctly? i tried chopping one and a powerup came out of it, but it also hit me and i died.

any tips on this fucker? haven't tried many times but bosses are frustrating. hate having to learn disposable tactics, dying 20 times in the process just to continue and never use them again.
    [Spoiler]Just block his smoke attacks until he stops. You can try and time a parry, but this is safer.

Power-ups are dropped by the stuff he chucks at you, they're not always health.

Follow me on Twitter: @MrTom
    Voted by the community "Best mod" 2011, 2012 and 2013.

• MrTomFTW Moderator 1 Mar 2013 10:04:31 37,376 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Oh and to upgrade select customise from the codec menu.

• kinky_mong 1 Mar 2013 10:07:40 9,975 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    anthonypappa wrote:
    i cancelled when prompted to upgrade/modify myself. how do i do it?
    The customise option in the codec menu

at monsoon on hard. how do you dodge the bit where he jumps out of the smoke? keep losing at lot of health there.
    The same as every attack he does, parry.

and when cars he chucks at you, i think you can get health from them if you deal with them correctly? i tried chopping one and a powerup came out of it, but it also hit me and i died.
    Once you chop them they can't hurt you and will drop a powerup, just keep slicing until they're all gone.

any tips on this fucker? haven't tried many times but bosses are frustrating. hate having to learn disposable tactics, dying 20 times in the process just to continue and never use them again.
    General strategy is to parry his moves then hit the shit out of him until he stops splitting into bits, or chuck an EMP Grenade at him to stun him then go to town on him.

• L_Franko Moderator 1 Mar 2013 10:10:13 9,694 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I did Monsoon last night. You have to have the counter/block down to a fairly fine art in this fight and if you don't you will do by the time you beat him.
    Just keep an eye out for his attacks (when you see him flash red very briefly) and when he dose his multi hit combo you have to input the counter command for every strike he performs. Same goes for the bits in the smoke, I tried running away from him for that bit but it doesn't work. You have to pretty much just counter him for the whole fight and attack when you see the openings. Dont rush in.
    For the bits where he throws stuff at you just have to time the slashes correctly. When you slice them apart I think they do leave health pickups behind.
  • MrTomFTW Moderator 1 Mar 2013 10:14:21 37,376 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    anthonypappa wrote:
    there's a dedicated block?

i thought you just pressed towards and square, and if the enemy was un-parryable, you'd just block instead...
    No, block and parry are the same input, the only difference is the timing. If you're too quick you'll block instead of parry. If you're too slow prepare to lose your health bar.

When enemies glow gold, it's generally unblockable as it's a throw.

• L_Franko Moderator 1 Mar 2013 10:17:29 9,694 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Ah, I was going to ask about the enemies flashing gold. Now I know :)
  • kinky_mong 1 Mar 2013 10:23:44 9,975 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    For those attacks most can be dodged with the X+A/X+Square move, but some you just have to run away from.

• StarchildHypocrethes 2 Mar 2013 01:51:26 25,426 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I have come to the conclusion that the final boss can get fucked.
  • Rusty_M 2 Mar 2013 07:07:20 4,587 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    kinky_mong wrote:
    For those attacks most can be dodged with the X+A/X+Square move, but some you just have to run away from.
    That's assuming you've purchased that move.

The world is going mad. Me? I'm doing fine.

• Deleted user 2 March 2013 11:51:30
    Realised the problem I was having with parries was this:

When in combat, try not to use the left analogue stick to aim at who you want to hit. Only use it when you want to aim at a direction you need to parry. This makes parrying SUPER easy.

What the hell was with Jar Jar Binks on the third level?
  • Deleted user 2 March 2013 17:28:30
    Is it just me or is Sam a totally unbalanced bossfight? I know itís the last boss but JESUS, itís near impossible.
  • Deleted user 2 March 2013 17:28:32
    Is it just me or is Sam a totally unbalanced bossfight? I know itís the last boss but JESUS, itís near impossible.
  • gooner77 2 Mar 2013 17:30:48 733 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    he's not the last boss
  • MrTomFTW Moderator 2 Mar 2013 18:03:54 37,376 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Yeah, two more bosses after Sam :)

• StarchildHypocrethes 2 Mar 2013 18:19:34 25,426 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    The actual last boss can still get fucked.
  • Darth_Flibble 2 Mar 2013 18:26:59 1,625 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    the last boss is a piece of shit, so glad I played it on easy. Really didn't expect platinum to put really shitty piece of game design into their game like that
  • MrTomFTW Moderator 2 Mar 2013 18:40:01 37,376 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I don't think I'd call him "really shitty". Once I figured out what I was doing he's actually not that bad.

• kinky_mong 3 Mar 2013 21:11:58 9,975 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    He's a fucker on Hard but on Normal he's not too bad. Still very cheap to put a one-hit kill move in though.

Also the last four VR missions can go fuck themselves, stupidly difficult.

• Page

of 22 First / Last