Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance Page 18

• Page

of 22 First / Last

• Cadence 26 Feb 2013 11:49:41 1,621 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Is this out on PC yet? Release date on the site says 22 Feb, but I'm not sure that's right.
  • neilka 26 Feb 2013 12:23:39 14,940 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    About that...
  • Rusty_M 26 Feb 2013 12:25:17 4,344 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    The PC version is not yet confirmed AFAIK. They may or may not bother to make one.

The world is going mad. Me? I'm doing fine.

• King_Edward 26 Feb 2013 12:28:07 11,454 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Which means they won't.
  • L_Franko Moderator 26 Feb 2013 12:40:35 9,682 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Thanks to all you lot banging on about how good the game is I just purchased a copy. My willpower doesn't stand a chance.
  • Rusty_M 26 Feb 2013 17:56:30 4,344 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    You'll thank us once you get to playing it.

• MrTomFTW Moderator 26 Feb 2013 22:05:57 36,269 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Son of a whore, that lass boss is a cunt. I can get as far as the bit where he throws a massive rock, and I can do the slice once but not the second time. Of course that's insta-death...

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK.

Now that's going to be eating away at me all tomorrow while I'm at work.

I totally called it.
    Follow me on Twitter: @MrTom
    Voted by the community "Best mod" 2011, 2012 and 2013.

• kinky_mong 26 Feb 2013 22:25:33 9,597 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Welcome to my world two days ago. The fight gets a lot easier once you manage to slice that debris o' doom.

I'll never get my Orc looking the same again.

• Rusty_M 27 Feb 2013 12:06:36 4,344 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Has anyone else experienced the satisfaction of a multi-Zandatsu? I've only managed a double twice. The first time was a happy accident.

• JoeGBallad 27 Feb 2013 12:10:54 383 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I double zandatsu-d once and paused the game shortly afterwards for a victory tug.

If you aren't utterly disgusted by me please check out my videogames show at:

www.youtube.com/BitSocket

• Tuffty 27 Feb 2013 12:11:49 1,392 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Only a hour in and trying to get the best time on VR Mission 1. Harder than I first thought, can only get a bronze. Wonder if it's one of those things that can only be done by getting more upgrades/moves. Hell I only have the sword at the minute, none of the other weapons so I imagine that doesn't help either. Guess I'll progress more in the story before trying again.
  • King_Edward 27 Feb 2013 13:04:40 11,454 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Your upgrades don't count in VR Missions. You just have to be a badass.
  • L_Franko Moderator 27 Feb 2013 13:11:22 9,682 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Only managed about an hour on this last night as I was tuckered out but what I played has potential to be something rather enjoyable. I do love a hack and slasher, just need to get my head around everything.
    I kind of got the counter thing down but still hit and miss until I nail the timing.

Only thing I wasn't overly sure about were the high heels that Raiden seems to wear. Didn't scream badass cyborg so much as it screamed badass crossdresser. Easily forgotten about once the action kicks in though.

Edited by L_Franko at 13:12:02 27-02-2013
  • kinky_mong 27 Feb 2013 13:35:01 9,597 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    JoeGBallad wrote:
    I double zandatsu-d once and paused the game shortly afterwards for a victory tug.
    Hahaha!

I've managed it a few of times, mostly by accident. Double Zandatsu-ing I mean, not having a victory tug. I've lost count of those!

• Tuffty 27 Feb 2013 13:36:16 1,392 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    King_Edward wrote:
    Your upgrades don't count in VR Missions. You just have to be a badass.
    Oh wow, ok then! :o On one hand that is evil, on the other...I like it.

Edited by Tuffty at 13:36:57 27-02-2013
  • Humperfunk 27 Feb 2013 17:59:04 1,604 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    For a game that boasts precision cutting, actually cutting the left arms off of some of these arseholes is ridiculous.

*cuts left arm*
    *left arm goes flying*
    *doesn't count*

Pah!

PSN & NNID: Wedjwants

• Humperfunk 27 Feb 2013 17:59:15 1,604 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Let's repeat this checkpoint for the 15th time now...

• kinky_mong 27 Feb 2013 18:05:37 9,597 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Humperfunk wrote:
    For a game that boasts precision cutting, actually cutting the left arms off of some of these arseholes is ridiculous.

*cuts left arm*
    *left arm goes flying*
    *doesn't count*

Pah!
    You need to cut the top bit of the arm that's highlighted in green. I agree it is flaky though.

• Humperfunk 27 Feb 2013 18:07:11 1,604 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    I know mate, thanks for the tip but as you say it's flaky as fuck!

• kinky_mong 27 Feb 2013 18:17:47 9,597 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Doesn't help that it's sometimes a bit difficult to judge depth in blade mode too, so you're flailing away slicing at nothing.

Suppose it fits with Raiden only having one eye (although one of the tedious codec conversations mentions that he can see depth normally through some sciencey-robot bullshit).

• MrTomFTW Moderator 27 Feb 2013 22:23:30 36,269 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Finally killed the cunt. So this is to celebrate:

I totally called it.

• Big-Swiss 28 Feb 2013 08:31:34 7,948 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I really think this purchase was good, this is a game you have to play when being a gamer.

But..........

...it seems to be too hard for me..........

I'm now at the level where this cybor dog is battleing me, and I somehow don't understand the combat yet.

somethimes I can press O for a cool kill, somethimes not. hard to get the moves down in this one
  • MrTomFTW Moderator 28 Feb 2013 08:43:35 36,269 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    You can only do the "cool kill" if you go into blade mode and slice through the red square. Wolf needs to be worn down first - learn to block at the very least.

I totally called it.

• SuperBas 28 Feb 2013 09:29:24 1,436 posts
    Seen 21 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Post deleted
  • SuperBas 28 Feb 2013 09:38:01 1,436 posts
    Seen 21 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Disappointing game. It's fun to play, but Platinum should not have been in charge of the story. At least Kojima's stories made somewhat sense, here's it's just random crap to give you a reason to be somewhere. The only interesting characters were Sam, and Raiden after he goes psychotic.

I was playing this on hard. All the bosses were piss easy to beat. Just get up close, spam attacks, and dodge or block sometimes.

And the last boss is awful. No build-up in the story to fighting him or Metal Gear Excelsus, and the design is awful. He's just a random muscular guy in a suit beating you down in 3 hits. Just dodge, and keep hitting.

I liked Bayonetta's insanity, everything in that game made sense in its own context. Platinum style craziness does not work for the MGS series.

So yeah, I'm selling this.

Edited by SuperBas at 09:40:37 28-02-2013
  • King_Edward 28 Feb 2013 09:48:22 11,454 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    The bosses were easy?! Shit, for the most part I'll give you. Cunts, to a man, but easy?

Edited by King_Edward at 09:49:28 28-02-2013
  • L_Franko Moderator 28 Feb 2013 09:59:42 9,682 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    The more I play the more I like. I have the combat system down now so I walking away from more and more encounters without taking a single hit.

The heavy music should be overly cheesy but for some reason it isn't and it just seems to work when a badass enemy stands in your way.

I am in no way rushing through this, just got to the old train station bit that is pitch black.
    I have been watching every codec, trying to find every create (easy with your super cyborg x-ray vision) and fighting every optional fight.

Do the harder difficulties increase enemy numbers? Starting to want there to be more things to chop up in my normal game. Already looking forward to playing this again on hard.
  • SuperBas 28 Feb 2013 10:11:13 1,436 posts
    Seen 21 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    King_Edward wrote:
    The bosses were easy?! Shit, for the most part I'll give you. Cunts, to a man, but easy?
    French girl: parry, hit a few times, run around in ninja mode mashing X to kill the little geckos and get health. When you hit her enough, you can trigger a slo mo mode where you can chop her stick in half, after that she's completely helpless for a while.

Storm guy: block his mist attack, get up close, mash X, parry when he starts to attack, repeat, win. Sometimes he throws random stuff at you, chop it up for health.

Bold guy: literally does fuck all. Sometimes his shield comes up, go slo mo and hit the red squares. Mash X.

Sam: only good boss. Use both parries and dodge, and hit him.

Metal Gear: if you need help here, quit gaming.

Senator first part: wait, don't die.

Senator second part: die.

Senator third part: mash x, dodge. Forget to dodge and a third of your health bar disappears.

Edited by SuperBas at 10:12:25 28-02-2013

Edited by SuperBas at 10:14:45 28-02-2013
  • kinky_mong 28 Feb 2013 12:10:14 9,597 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    SuperBas wrote:

And the last boss is awful. No build-up in the story to fighting him or Metal Gear Excelsus, and the design is awful. He's just a random muscular guy in a suit beating you down in 3 hits. Just dodge, and keep hitting.
    In fairness it is revealed in the third level that he's behind the whole plot in that feed you get after the dwarf gekko section, but I agree he is an awful last boss. Basically looks like an insurance salesman hulking out, a real let down after fighting cool cyborgs.

• King_Edward 28 Feb 2013 13:02:06 11,454 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @SuperBas

Yes, that's how you beat them, but those things aren't easy to do. Good parrying requires timing and using blade mode in those situations requires quick responds.

You can over simplify anything like that and make it look easy.

Every boss in Bayonetta - Hit it till it dies, dodge its attacks.
  • Page

of 22 First / Last