Kinect Page 274

• Page

of 279 First / Last

• Peew971 17 Oct 2011 16:32:45 4,645 posts
    Seen 5 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    It's not my birthday but I would still appreciate one of you gifting me DC2 :D
  • the_dudefather 18 Oct 2011 21:27:36 8,976 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    New Double Fine game:
    Happy Action Theatre!

Are you ready for some mothertrucking minigames

(ง ͠ ͟ʖ ͡)

• Daz190uk 19 Oct 2011 09:55:41 67 posts
    Seen 22 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Did anyone try the Kinect Sports 2 demo?

I was really disappointed and that's a view from someone who liked the first. Golf felt OK but lacked the control of Wii versions and I thought that Tennis was a mess. It was a shame because I was really looking forward to the Tennis but it reacted just like the Table Tennis in the original and I couldn't get the feeling that I was actually connecting with the ball. The ropey animations didn't help here.
  • NOSAVIOUR 19 Oct 2011 09:57:50 2,802 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I thought golf was great fun, but agree tennis felt much like the first games table tennis. I was expecting to be able to turn the axis of the racket after Microsoft saying they had improved the accuracy of Kinect and is why darts is now possible.

I did love the demo though and its still on my christmas list of family games.
  • fergal_oc 19 Oct 2011 11:47:03 2,763 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    For all of you with kids
    TV
  • Sid-Nice 19 Oct 2011 22:43:25 15,810 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Proof that Kinect is better than the Wii.

NNID Sid-Nice

• spamdangled 19 Oct 2011 22:47:26 27,197 posts
    Seen 57 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Rigfht, my copy of Tintin arrived in the post (preordered it after playing the excellent demo at the expo).

Thing is, it comes with a "better with kinect" strapline on the box. I've not seen kinect mentioned at all in previews, the back of the box doesn't mention it, and this being ubisoft, the "manual" is simply a wafer-thin leaflet that directs you to the ingame menu in order to access the real manual.

Before I put it in my machine, can anyone enlighten me as to the degree that kinect is integrated into this? I'd rather not wave my arms around like a spaz in a game that I assumed, up till now, was more a modern successor to Flashback.

3DS: 4055-2781-2855 Xbox: spamdangled PSN: dark_morgan Wii U: Spamdangle Steam: spamdangled

• Deleted user 19 October 2011 22:49:39
    darkmorgado wrote:
    I'd rather not wave my arms around like a spaz

That's an offensive term and I'd rather you not use it.
  • Daz190uk 20 Oct 2011 00:23:10 67 posts
    Seen 22 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    meme wrote:
    darkmorgado wrote:
    I'd rather not wave my arms around like a spaz

That's an offensive term and I'd rather you not use it.

Let's just chill out, I can see where you're coming from but this was clearly meant in jest, tasteful or not.
  • Deleted user 20 October 2011 00:28:55
    Dropping it into casual conversation is just as offensive as using it as a genuine insult.
  • ilmaestro 20 Oct 2011 02:57:53 32,297 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Daz190uk, I think we should tell you at this point that meme doesn't have any arms of his own and is quite sensitive about it.

• spamdangled 20 Oct 2011 03:48:59 27,197 posts
    Seen 57 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    it's ok, meme is simply referencing a different thread. It made me chuckle.

3DS: 4055-2781-2855 Xbox: spamdangled PSN: dark_morgan Wii U: Spamdangle Steam: spamdangled

• Deleted user 20 October 2011 03:55:10
    Only flids find such insults amusing. Flids and mekons.
  • woodnotes 23 Oct 2011 23:33:29 4,916 posts
    Seen 3 weeks ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Only got Kinect a couple of weeks ago and been playing it with the family this weekend. It's ridiculous amounts of fun in a social group. Kinect Sports is incredibly polished - the track and field, bowling and boxing all a lot of fun. But it's Dance Central 2 that's really shined.

It's actually surprised me.. I was in the "Kinect is shit" camp despite never having tried it for myself, mainly because of all the stuff I've been reading, but I've genuinely enjoyed my time with it this weekend, far more than Wii Sports.

Looking forward to getting Kinect Sports 2 next week. Can't imagine it for anything much more than casual experiences, but for casual gaming it's perfect IMO.

Anyway, that's all I'm going to say without ending up sounding even more like a marketing viral.
  • 8bitMofo 25 Oct 2011 05:27:49 406 posts
    Seen 5 days ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Hello chaps, thought some of you would be interested in this...

Kinect Air Band is currently available for free on the Xbox LIVE Marketplace (down from 240MSP). Not sure how long this will last, so grab it while its hot:
  • Psychotext 25 Oct 2011 11:22:55 52,775 posts
    Seen 26 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    /thumbs up
  • Anthony_UK 1 Nov 2011 19:24:43 2,388 posts
    Seen 18 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Epic Dance Central ad...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CTN5n1hBYl4
  • VCLXI 2 Nov 2011 23:49:38 283 posts
    Seen 12 months ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Has anyone got Kinect Sports Season 2 yet? If so, what's it like? Read some good reviews but I would give more credance to it from someone here who's played it. The game is going for 34.99 with 25% off in Sainsbury's at the mo and I can get a further 10% off that with a staff discount card.

It's either that or Rise of Nightmares:eek:
  • Britesparc Creative, ITV 8 Nov 2011 17:24:27 1,875 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Really enjoyed Sports 2. The technical fidelity of Darts and Golf is astounding. Really, Darts is amazing; they should demo it everywhere to show off the technology. The voice control, too, is very good.

The EG review was pretty fair. Darts and Golf are excellent, Baseball is generally very good, Tennis is pretty much the same as Table Tennis last time (although it feels a little woollier to me), Skiing is fun but not particularly deep, and I've not actually played American Football yet.

The big downside for me is the lack of many mini games.
  • CharlieStCloud 8 Nov 2011 17:50:00 4,660 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I am a bit bored of my Kinect now.

It just... sits there, staring at me.

I had a great time with the first Dance Central round my friends, playing Kinect Sports at home and the rather lovely Child of Eden and Fruit Ninja.

BUT look at where we are one year later. A sequel to Dance Central. A sequel to Kinect Sports with more empathise on American sports and less mini-games... and that's it, really!

I shouldn't grumble as I paid 79 for the blooming thing earlier this year but it is so disappointing after a such a promisingly sunny start.
  • morriss 8 Nov 2011 18:22:36 70,748 posts
    Seen 21 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    When's the Fable game out?
  • Psychotext 15 Nov 2011 20:59:41 52,775 posts
    Seen 26 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Looks like this Disneyland Adventures thing is getting pretty good reviews (yes, it's for kids before any of you old whiny men start):

Telegraph - 4.5/5
    GamingXP - 87%
    NZGamer - 8.2
    God Is A Geek - 9
    VGRevolution - 8.5

Will be interesting to see what some of the more mainstream (jaded) gaming sites make of it.
  • Britesparc Creative, ITV 16 Nov 2011 10:31:33 1,875 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @morriss

Not till next Christmas, I do believe.

Played darts & golf with my father in law last night. Was a blast. I'm still enjoying myself.
  • Popzeus 16 Nov 2011 11:31:56 8,250 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    @Psychotext - Aha! That's Mrs Popzeus's Christmas box sorted.

Currently playing: Standing In A Car Park Simulator 2013

• Scrumhalf 16 Nov 2011 12:15:40 184 posts
    Seen 5 months ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    @Psychotext - I have ordered Disneyland Adventures for my kids for Christmas. Whatever the review I had little choice they seemed to know all about it and we went to Disneyland Paris not long ago - just glad it seems like it could be great fun on Christmas Day.
  • mcmonkeyplc 16 Nov 2011 12:25:03 38,899 posts
    Seen 47 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Isn't there a demo for Disneyland Adventures on the marketplace?

I don't have any kids but this could be awesome for my nephews this christmas.

Come and get it cumslingers!

• Carlo 16 Nov 2011 13:01:00 17,911 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Like most of you (maybe?) I've bought a Kinect bundle with a new shape 360 for the kids for christmas. I've bought them Kinectimals, Skylanders (might be a bit old for them) and plan to get Sesame Street & Disneyland Adventures for them too.

Microsoft have not wasted the 1st year of Kinect's launch, and I think these games will have lots of Mums & Dads investing in this system for their children this Christmas, where last year is wasn't really there.

(Kids are 2 and 4, and I'm hoping the 2 yo is big enough for the Kinect to 'see' him).

With the new Metro UI, it should all be ready just in time for Dec 25, for complete controller-less gaming for the kiddies.

PSN ID: Djini

• telboy007 16 Nov 2011 13:14:49 372 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I like the Kinect more now I can tell my 360 where to go.

Unlocked the achievement Exploring Uranus

• Scrumhalf 16 Nov 2011 13:58:09 184 posts
    Seen 5 months ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    @Carlo - bought mine on release last year and it has been brilliant for the kids (mine are now 7,5 and 3), you will not regret it. It probably gets more play than anything else in the house :)

We did have some difficulties with the littlest one who was 2 last year, mainly he was not interested but it does sometimes reflect him as myself kneeling down (which is actually quite comical!). Having said that he plays Kinect Adventures and it works fine - and Kinectimals is still brought out a year later by the 5 and 3 year olds, especially with the new Bears pack.
  • Page

of 279 First / Last