• JediMasterMalik 1 Jun 2009 23:20:15 11,826 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I keep reading it as in neo-natal :(
  • Vice.Destroyer 1 Jun 2009 23:21:36 5,791 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    TheRealBadabing wrote:
    I don't want to have to push the sofa out of the room to play a game; I have enough trouble finding enough space to play Wii bowling ffs.

Amen to that, brother. Not to say that I live in a cardboard box, but it is going to be a bit of a pain moving tables so that I have clear space between my sofa and the TV.

Anybody got any inkling how much that is going to cost? It did not look piddly cheap, the tiny glimpse of the doodah that I saw. I got a tweet from a random that suggested $200. Any advances?
  • BadBoyBonner 1 Jun 2009 23:25:43 322 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I think $200 would be an instant failure.

I'd expect it to be priced similar to Wii Fit i.e. around $90.
  • Deleted user 1 June 2009 23:41:25
    I think this looks goofy as fuck

Okay, there are some applications where it would be kinda cool, the dress part of the vid for example, but as a general gaming device, it looks even more retarded to play than the Wii.

Expect it to sell millions then.
  • absolutezero 1 Jun 2009 23:51:13 7,956 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    The_Escapist wrote:
    I think this looks goofy as fuck

Okay, there are some applications where it would be kinda cool, the dress part of the vid for example, but as a general gaming device, it looks even more retarded to play than the Wii.

Expect it to sell millions then.

I cringed through that. I made it through though. Somehow.

How many push ups can Chuck Norris do? hurrrrrrrrrrrr
  • DaisyD 1 Jun 2009 23:52:01 11,818 posts
    Seen 3 months ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    You say Natal and I instantly think of KwaZulu-Natal, South Africa. Probably more interesting to talk about too.
  • absolutezero 1 Jun 2009 23:53:46 7,956 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Can you scan a big poster of some boobs and then skateboard about on the boobs?

That would be slightly interesting.
  • malmer 1 Jun 2009 23:54:33 9 posts
    Seen 10 months ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Halo with head tracking that adjust the viewpoint, sweet!!!

Hardcore games with combined controller and natal could be really cool.

Imagine the horror-game where it reads your facial emotions and times the scares based on that.

Racing games, like shown in the video, would be so much more immersive.

Not everything has to be casual games.
  • absolutezero 1 Jun 2009 23:57:08 7,956 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    malmer wrote:
    Halo with head tracking that adjust the viewpoint, sweet!!!

Hardcore games with combined controller and natal could be really cool.

Imagine the horror-game where it reads your facial emotions and times the scares based on that.

Racing games, like shown in the video, would be so much more immersive.

Not everything has to be casual games.

Imagine tricking the game while gurning.

Imagine someone walking in on you leaning about your sofa holding nothing in your outstreched hands.
  • GiarcYekrub 1 Jun 2009 23:57:57 3,583 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I keep calling it Nutal is that a chocolate spread or a girl that used to be in Emerdale?
  • Deleted user 1 June 2009 23:59:11
    The marketing vid is hilarious, but the concept is pretty mindblowing.
  • JayeM 2 Jun 2009 00:01:49 3,386 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I've been really depressed since the conference ended, I think I have post-natal depression.
  • absolutezero 2 Jun 2009 00:02:10 7,956 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I can't wait for people to get it thinking its going to be like Minority Report and then use it with the Marketplace only for them to flick a hand and be met with the spinning circle of never ending loading.

"I want to grab and push and throw things about!!"

"Loading bitch"
  • LFMartins 2 Jun 2009 00:02:51 5,704 posts
    Seen 10 months ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    squarejawhero wrote:
    Indeed. Itīs one of the most interesting pieces of hardware iīve seen and itīs so much more than just a gaming tool.
  • Deleted user 2 June 2009 00:04:07
    I see the usual moaning before something is out has reached a crescendo.
  • GiarcYekrub 2 Jun 2009 00:04:30 3,583 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I'm not seeing this working in real world setting
  • Deleted user 2 June 2009 00:05:09
  • LFMartins 2 Jun 2009 00:06:36 5,704 posts
    Seen 10 months ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    GiarcYekrub wrote:
    I'm not seeing this working in real world setting
    A few years ago some people thought that 32 players online would be a lag fest.
    Amazing how technology changes peopleīs opinions.
  • BartonFink 2 Jun 2009 00:07:00 34,778 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    squarejawhero wrote:
    +1

Assuming it all works.
  • Res 2 Jun 2009 00:08:54 1,814 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Can someone explain to me how I am going to play anything other than minigames using this? How am I supposed to turn around to face an enemy and move forward or back more than 5 feet? Switch weapons in a FPS and reload? Get into a car and then accelerate and brake? Climb onto a horse and make it speed up or slow down? If I wanted a game to use a sword, would the camera be angle to pick up the angle I am holding my hands at to position the sword correctly?

Of course some of these issues could be solved by also holding a controller (to spin my character around for example) but then I may as well just be using the controller to control my character fully.
  • dnbuk 2 Jun 2009 00:11:46 4,926 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Does Milo accept drugs?
  • GiarcYekrub 2 Jun 2009 00:13:53 3,583 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Res wrote:
    Can someone explain to me how I am going to play anything other than minigames using this? How am I supposed to turn around to face an enemy and move forward or back more than 5 feet? Switch weapons in a FPS and reload? Get into a car and then accelerate and brake? Climb onto a horse and make it speed up or slow down? If I wanted a game to use a sword, would the camera be angle to pick up the angle I am holding my hands at to position the sword correctly?

Of course some of these issues could be solved by also holding a controller (to spin my character around for example) but then I may as well just be using the controller to control my character fully.

You need two TV's on opposite walls with 2 360s LAN'd together
  • LFMartins 2 Jun 2009 00:14:45 5,704 posts
    Seen 10 months ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Res wrote:

Those are all valid points. Using a sword and reloading seem very easy to do using some hand motions.
  • absolutezero 2 Jun 2009 00:14:46 7,956 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    What happens if im holding a sword and I move my hands really far apart? What if I want to drive with my knees and roll a fag at the sametime?
  • JuanKerr 2 Jun 2009 00:17:38 36,094 posts
    Seen 50 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    JayeM wrote:
    I've been really depressed since the conference ended, I think I have post-natal depression.

I shouldn't have laughed at this, but I did :D
  • GrandpaUlrira 2 Jun 2009 00:18:14 3,751 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Everything about it will only be half as good as that video makes out. I really can't believe that motion detection technology at affordable prices is really that good, especially without on-person sensors. I also have difficulty believing that the voice technology will not be frustrating at times if working in the ways they imply it will.

Not only that, but everyone who wants to use that controller will need a decent-sized living room with no neighbours living underneath (which won't be the case in major cities). It requires the amount of motion that people originally thought/feared would be needed by the Wii.

It will sell well, but I reckon at EyeToy sales levels.
  • absolutezero 2 Jun 2009 00:19:29 7,956 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Yeah like fuck is my Xbox going to understand Scottish.
  • Progguitarist 2 Jun 2009 00:22:13 10,316 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Its like Wii ad but without white clothing and Harry Redknapp's mug.

No Harry Redknapp = no sale.
  • Res 2 Jun 2009 00:22:44 1,814 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I realise I am pointing out some really obvious problems, but I suppose my point is that with a more accurate Wiimote (hopefully with motion+) you have the ability to appeal to the casual market and offer games that will allow you to move your character more than 5 feet.
  • Psychotext 2 Jun 2009 00:23:46 52,793 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    absolutezero wrote:
    What if I want to drive with my knees and roll a fag at the sametime?
    You get pulled by the in game cops.
  • Page

of 279 First / Last