AI War: Fleet Command

• Page

of 1

Previous Next
  • spelk 31 May 2009 20:48:25 21 posts
    Seen 3 years ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    http://www.arcengames.com/aiwar_features.php

This is a 2d space RTS, which boasts a heavy duty AI, and 8 player co-op! It feels odd, slightly, but it supports the tactical level zoom of SupCom. The tutorial levels are quite easy to breeze through, but the last tutorial is a small 10 planet scenario, and it looks like its about 3 hours to complete. I'm about half way through, and the AI is giving me a good slapping at the moment. When you're on the strategic campaign level, 2d icons is all you care about, so there really isn't a lot lost in terms of graphical wow. It would be nice to see these Sins of a Solar Empire style 3d graphics, but I think this game is all about the strategy and less about the oohs and aahs of space loving visuals. Its only $19.99 on Impulse, and they are claiming more free DLC to come.
  • spelk 5 Aug 2009 14:33:55 21 posts
    Seen 3 years ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Heres an interview I did with the Developer of AI War: Fleet Command..
    http://www.ukgamer.co.uk/2009/07/interview-with-chris-park-about-ai-war.html
  • PiD 6 Sep 2009 14:42:07 3,566 posts
    Seen 35 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Anybody got this and up for some co-op? I just caved in and bought it..
  • Lukree 24 Nov 2009 10:47:19 186 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I really need to get this, looks super promising! Getting tired to Sins of a Solar Empire.
  • TechnoHippy 24 Nov 2009 11:04:19 14,716 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Looks interesting, downloading the demo so I can take a look at lunch.

Edit: What I'd really like to see is Harppon in space. That would be fantastic.

My books, contests, reviews and author interviews on my blog

• TechnoHippy 24 Nov 2009 13:45:08 14,716 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I took a quick look and it seems a bit fidly, that being said I prefer wargames to RTS. I might give it another try, but I don't think this is what I am looking for.

My books, contests, reviews and author interviews on my blog

• cupogoodness 21 Dec 2009 13:29:49 3 posts
    Seen 5 years ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Arcen Games was nice enough to give the gaming site I work for, GamingDead.com, five copies of AI War and The Zenith Remnant expansion to giveaway for free to five of our facebook/twitter followers. It's the last day you can enter so I wanted to hit the game's forums themselves to let anyone know who was interested in getting the game for a friend, or for those who are looking to get their hands on the expansion and into the beta, etc.

If you'd like to enter and/or get more details:

http://gamingdead.com/2009/12/14/gaming-dead-giveaway-ai-war-and-the-zenith-remnant-expansion
  • jellyhead 21 Dec 2009 13:38:02 24,350 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Nice and we're grateful and everything but is EUROGamer the best place to post a US only competition? :)

This signature intentionally left blank.

• pinebear 6 Mar 2010 16:01:52 8,565 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    This needs a bump, seeing as AI War is one of the three games in this weekend's pack from IndieStrategyGames.com .

It's been a while since I've played strat / tactical games but this looks like it's got legs and then some.

• Page

of 1

Previous Next