Halo Reach

• Page

of 516 First / Last

Previous
  • oceanmotion 31 May 2009 11:16:38 15,970 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago

Picture from forums

Another Bungie tease or mistake or don't can our announcement again MS.

Could be based on Fall of Reach.

Excited!

• ilmaestro 31 May 2009 11:24:05 32,460 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    disc wrote:
    forum posters who noticed that and had their threads deleted.
    lol, that'll work! :D

• DFawkes 31 May 2009 11:29:09 23,053 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    If it was a real game based on the Fal of Reach, it might be good. Especially if it goes over some of the same stuff as the book, like MAster Chief sneaking into a facility in a ships water tank, or the museum siege. Plus there lots of Spartans :) I would say that'd even the odds, but given it'd be a prequel the ending could possibly be downbeat.

Oh for goodness sake, I've caught my scrotum in my zip again - Margaret Thatcher, 1986

• richardiox 31 May 2009 11:29:27 5,611 posts
    Seen 46 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    If this is legit, "Reach" to me implies some sort of use of the fabled MS motion control camera. Halo re-release with Wii esque controls ala Metroid?
  • DFawkes 31 May 2009 11:33:31 23,053 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    richardiox wrote:
    If this is legit, "Reach" to me implies some sort of use of the fabled MS motion control camera. Halo re-release with Wii esque controls ala Metroid?

Ah, a double meaning possibly? I like the way you think. If I wanted to distract from making a Wiimote rip-off, I'd certainly pull out a big game to go with it. Halo would suit that nicely.

Oh for goodness sake, I've caught my scrotum in my zip again - Margaret Thatcher, 1986

• sanctusmortis 31 May 2009 11:54:44 9,631 posts
    Seen 24 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Squad-based shooter we all heard about last year finally comes to fruition, maybe? Thought it'd be ODST squad, but a squad of Spartans.... that would be sweet.
  • DFawkes 31 May 2009 11:57:23 23,053 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    If it's Reach though, you'd be Mjolnir-less. You'd still be awesome, but if they do the whole story ou'll start off super-skillful, then get augmented, then get the shieldless armour, then finally the real deal. Getting more powerful as you play would be quite nice (a bit Metroidish).

Though I doubt it'd be another Master Chief story, since there were plenty of other Spartans it'd make sense to have a senf contained side story.

• peteb 31 May 2009 11:59:32 219 posts
    Seen 4 weeks ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Oh, with some of the zero gravity sections in the book, where the Spartans use the jetpacks in space etc.. Oh also, some space combat sections.

That would be so sweet!
  • thenastypasty 31 May 2009 11:59:54 5,183 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Didn't yoss post the same thing in the other halo thread the other day.
  • oceanmotion 31 May 2009 12:01:52 15,970 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    sanctusmortis wrote:
    Squad-based shooter we all heard about last year finally comes to fruition, maybe? Thought it'd be ODST squad, but a squad of Spartans.... that would be sweet.

Yea, I remember that Ghost Recon lead moving to Bungie a while ago and I thought ODST was going to be a squad shooter because of he could have been making it but turned out not to be a fully fledged game. Reach may just be the game he was brought in to help with.

If it was a real game based on the Fall of Reach, it might be good. Especially if it goes over some of the same stuff as the book, like MAster Chief sneaking into a facility in a ships water tank, or the museum siege. Plus there lots of Spartans :) I would say that'd even the odds, but given it'd be a prequel the ending could possibly be downbeat.

Sounds cool. Having a downbeat ending would be fine. It would be epic. Don't need happy endings all the time, just a good game and story.
  • Xerx3s 31 May 2009 12:02:25 23,944 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    That would be fucking awesome. The Fall of Reach is the single best part from the storyline.
  • oceanmotion 31 May 2009 12:03:04 15,970 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I need to read this Fall of Reach book.
  • Yossarian 31 May 2009 12:40:17 8,401 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Didn't yoss post the same thing in the other halo thread the other day.
    Yes.

Usually what happens is I come here and post things at they leak/insider information, people say 'that's ludicrous', I take a nap, come back, and it's been reposted as news.
  • mcmonkeyplc 31 May 2009 12:43:11 39,460 posts
    Seen 42 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Sweet! Finally something (else) to look forward too! Are Bungie making this or producing it?

Come and get it cumslingers!

• Psychotext 31 May 2009 13:08:21 54,309 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Fall of Reach was quite enjoyable... I'd like to see them use some of the story.
  • Yossarian 31 May 2009 13:15:31 8,401 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Sounds cool. Having a downbeat ending would be fine. It would be epic. Don't need happy endings all the time, just a good game and story.
    The 'end' of the fall of Reach is the Pillar of Autumn making the jump you see it pulling out of at the start of Halo: Combat Evolved, when the first Halo is discovered. Could be a perfect prequel.
  • DFawkes 31 May 2009 13:20:08 23,053 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    If they wanted to tag Halo: CE onto it too, so I could actually play it again via VGA (stupid Xbox Originals version)I'd be okay with that. A bit like the new Riddick game.

• ecosse-011772 31 May 2009 13:24:17 3,176 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Halo Reach-Around
  • Duffking 31 May 2009 13:35:58 7,269 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Wasn't there talk about a Halo Squad Based Ghost Recon style game talked about a while back? Maybe this is it?
  • Xerx3s 31 May 2009 14:06:54 23,944 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    No, that's ODST. I reckon that this may be the first non bungie halo FPS. If they would throw in a reworked version of Halo 1 in the Halo 3 engine it would be a good bundle of pure joy.
  • Syrette 31 May 2009 14:07:22 43,598 posts
    Seen 34 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    DUFFKING wrote:
    Wasn't there talk about a Halo Squad Based Ghost Recon style game talked about a while back? Maybe this is it?

Erm, you mean ODST, right?

Anyway, meh. Yet another Halo game. Do something else please MS.

• Jimbob89 31 May 2009 14:20:29 113 posts
    Seen 20 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Xerx3s wrote:
    No, that's ODST. I reckon that this may be the first non bungie halo FPS. If they would throw in a reworked version of Halo 1 in the Halo 3 engine it would be a good bundle of pure joy.
    I thought this too, but then why would the forum appear on the bungie site? Whatever it is i'm pretty excited, hopefully something gets mentioned at E3!
  • Duffking 31 May 2009 14:24:36 7,269 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Xerx3s wrote:

Hmm, I thought ODST was supposed to be a stealthier sort of Halo game, still similar to Halo 1/2/3... hence why it has halo 3 maps with it?
  • Syrette 31 May 2009 14:28:15 43,598 posts
    Seen 34 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    DUFFKING wrote:
    Xerx3s wrote:

Hmm, I thought ODST was supposed to be a stealthier sort of Halo game, still similar to Halo 1/2/3... hence why it has halo 3 maps with it?

It's similar in that it's a FPS.

• Yossarian 31 May 2009 14:39:00 8,401 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Yet another Mario/Zelda game! Do something else please Nintendo!

Four Halo games have been released in eight years.

• Jimbob89 31 May 2009 15:04:28 113 posts
    Seen 20 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Yossarian wrote:
    Yet another Mario/Zelda game! Do something else please Nintendo!

Four Halo games have been released in eight years.

This! It annoys me how so many people moan about another halo game, yet don't say a word when another metal gear solid comes out, or final fantasy etc.
  • Syrette 31 May 2009 15:06:01 43,598 posts
    Seen 34 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Check my posting history, I've had a moan about the next Kojima title no doubt being another MGS game. And I've certainly attacked Nintendo's franchise updates taking precedence over new IPs.

• Xerx3s 31 May 2009 15:09:08 23,944 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Jimbob89 wrote:
    Xerx3s wrote:
    I thought this too, but then why would the forum appear on the bungie site? Whatever it is i'm pretty excited, hopefully something gets mentioned at E3!

If this is about reach then there is no way that it can be ODST. They already said that ODST takes place in new mombassa in between the time that the MC leaves earth again and comes back in H3.
  • matrim83 31 May 2009 15:10:47 5,587 posts
    Seen 22 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    foreverafternothing wrote:
    Check my posting history.....

We dont really give a shit. And if you dont either (as seems perfectly clear) why dont you avoid this thread?

It works out best for everyone.

Valar morghulis.

• Page

of 516 First / Last

Previous