Nerds, Geeks, Jerks and Faggots. This is your Mecca. Join us! Page 2960

• Page

of 3127 First / Last

• megastar 22 Dec 2012 16:44:45 17,142 posts
    Seen 19 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Haha cheers Bob and Toots! Thought i should make an honest woman of her seein as though i got her up duff n' that :) heh!
  • TOOTR 22 Dec 2012 17:21:12 9,502 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    :D Merry xmas to all you handsome scamps.

Everybody should just calm down a little bit and have a nice cup of tea.

• Buztafen 25 Dec 2012 19:27:00 16,079 posts
    Seen 46 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Merry Chrimble ya varmit!
  • thenastypasty 26 Dec 2012 08:37:46 5,180 posts
    Seen 21 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Happy Boxing Day everyone?

I'm off to the gym to nuke myself for a couple of hours to sift some of the Xmas timber, I'm off to do a bit of shopping in the sales then I'm hoping to have a bit of a sesh on halo 4 if anyone is around? X
  • TOOTR 26 Dec 2012 12:43:39 9,502 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I should be mate. Also Mrs TOOTR has finally started seshing it.

Although I keep hearing 'not as good as Reach - bungie are better than 343' over and over again like a broken record. Sigh.

Embrace change woman!

• TOOTR 26 Dec 2012 12:45:26 9,502 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I also treated myself to a tritton warhead headset.

Gonna try that puppy out tonight.

• TOOTR 30 Dec 2012 15:19:15 9,502 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Dear Lord - where ARE you all?

Happy New Year (yes I'm a bit early)

Hope you all enjoy the next 12 months more than the last ones but not as much as the ones after that!

Also - lovely to see the New Years being swept in in Skipton below :

• TOOTR 30 Dec 2012 15:20:11 9,502 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Oh and thanks SO much for asking but yeah the Tritton headset is , only, teh awesomez!!

Yeah, I know, Right?!

• BinaryBob101 30 Dec 2012 16:29:33 22,360 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    So, I got rid of my xbox and bought a 120 gig PS3 instead. Journey was worth the money alone. Highly recommended TOOTR if you haven't played it yet, 'twas transcendental stuff!

Love and Happy New Year to you all.

Beautiful tender beings.

• TOOTR 30 Dec 2012 17:49:56 9,502 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I can't see me ever picking up a PS3. Journey sounds nice and all but it's about 22 mins long isn't it? :)

Nor a wiiu for that matter - or a vita. Pfft.

I can see myself playing a lot more PC stuff in the future...and or any sequels to Demons/Dark Souls.

Also - will likely follow MS with their next box (after giving it a customary 12 months to see if the games have appeared for it).

Geek alert :

I predict in 2 or 3 years time that Amazon will launch THE killer gaming system.

True story.

• kinky_mong 30 Dec 2012 18:26:02 9,996 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Often wish I never picked up a PS3. For almost a year the only use it has is watching the few blurays I've bought.

I'll never get my Orc looking the same again.

• TOOTR 30 Dec 2012 18:31:59 9,502 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Kinks! What's your top 5 games of 2012?!

Tell meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

• kinky_mong 30 Dec 2012 18:56:48 9,996 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    In no particular order...

Fez
    Trials Evo
    Sonic & All-Star Racing Transformed
    Borderlands 2
    Far Cry 3

Halo 4 would be a close 6th and I've got a feeling The Walking Dead could push itself into my top 5 as the first episode was great.

Honorary mention to Dark Souls too even if it was from 2011 and I haven't finished it yet.

How about you?

Edited by kinky_mong at 18:57:24 30-12-2012

• Fat_Pigeon 31 Dec 2012 08:40:38 9,796 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @kinky_mong i bought one pretty much specifically for the last guardian, imagine how disappointed i am. though uncharted was fun, and I am looking forward too the last of us.

overall though is a pretty expensive paperweight.
  • kinky_mong 31 Dec 2012 08:51:11 9,996 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    One of the main reasons I bought mine too! Still I liked Uncharted 2+3 and the God of War games so it hasn't been a complete waste.

• thenastypasty 31 Dec 2012 09:54:38 5,180 posts
    Seen 21 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I've been playing a lot on my PS3 since getting my Vita and PS+. LBP, Uncharted GA and Gravity Rush are all great games and have taken up all my gaming time over Xmas.

I've just downloaded Batman AC and Informous 2 from PS+ so that should keep me busy for the next few weeks.
  • BinaryBob101 31 Dec 2012 15:26:15 22,360 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Pasty. Please buy Journey.

Beautiful tender beings.

• TOOTR 1 Jan 2013 11:27:28 9,502 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Kinks

1) Dark Souls
    2) Dark Souls
    3) Dark Souls
    4) Dark Souls
    5) Dark Souls

XCOM and Halo 4 are tied for runners up.

But those 3 games alone have been all I really needed.

/sings " You're alllllllllllllllllllllllllll i EVEEEEEEEEEEEERRR NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEED"

Mass Effect 3 and Borderlands 2 (which I have yet to fully sesh in co-op so it's stock may well rise) were v good.

To my chagrin - New Star Soccer entrapped me on the iphone for a while mid-year.

And just started with Walking Dead - enjoying it lots. Scared the crap out of me playing in the dark on my lonesome with headphones on. ( Did I mention I had a new headset? I didn't? How remiss of me!)

• Bremenacht 1 Jan 2013 14:56:33 17,616 posts
    Seen 11 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Either of you tried Spelunky? I'd get sick of getting repeatedly killed in Dark Souls, so I'd have a break with Spelunky and, errrr, get repeatedly killed. But in refreshingly different ways!

Ok. Landing on spikes or whatever starts getting tiresome, but a bit of DS-style care and attention will get you all the way through.

New Year Jollities to you all, L4D thread types.
  • TOOTR 1 Jan 2013 19:24:02 9,502 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Bremmie! \o/

Tis a good omen for the new year.

I've got Spelunky and Fez and...along with a shedload of XBLA and Steam and Humble Bundle savings purchases - haven't got round to them yet.

I did better last year than the years before so I feel somewhat justified in saying this but.....going to be buying a lot less games next year. Like a LOT less. Like....Bioshock Infinite will be about it kind of thing... whilst I merrily carve my way through this infernal backlog.

Looking forwards in the near future to really rinsing Borderlands 2 with anyone left to do the co-op with and ploughing hours and hours into XCOM once I've finished Bastion and The Walking Dead.

• Buztafen 2 Jan 2013 09:31:46 16,079 posts
    Seen 46 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrggghh!

:(

In other news, DayZ is genuinely amazing.

Happy Fucking New Year!
  • Fat_Pigeon 2 Jan 2013 10:56:48 9,796 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    DayZ is amazing Buz we should go on a camping holiday together, we all should. we could roam the plains killing zombies, hunting bandits and stealing helicopters.

I picked up Far Cry 3 for the PC its so fucking pretty. sticking to PC gaming for single player games from here on out.
  • Buztafen 2 Jan 2013 11:20:18 16,079 posts
    Seen 46 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Yes Piggie! Yes to that! I was online with my bro for a few hours last night. Used Skype on for chat as it was easier to set up and managed to meet up on the south coast west of Elektro. We wandered north through the forest and stormed a couple of barns, i found a double barreled shotgun. After reaching the crest of hill we dropped down into Pusta, a smaller town and started raiding a powerstation.

We had heard small arms fire in the town centre but couldnt pick out any hostiles. It was a russian server and absolutely nobody is friendly...its shoot to kill. I was upstairs in one of the powerstation buildings when my bro asked me if i had just entered another building...i hadnt. Bandits! One was making his way up to take me out. I gave him both barrels and somehow he survived. By this time my bro had moved into the building and was behind him, we finished him off with our makarovs. With me dealing the killer blow and in the confusion my character had changed to a bandit skin. I walked downstairs to join my bro only for him to shout BANDIT! and headshot me. :(

I got FarCry 3 on 360 and beginning to regret it. It looks great but it can struggle at times.
  • kinky_mong 2 Jan 2013 11:30:08 9,996 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I haven't noticed any slow down or problems with Far Cry 3 on the 360. Only some screen tearing when scanning around the map.

Fancy trying out the co-op levels on it some time 'tafen?

• Fat_Pigeon 2 Jan 2013 11:52:55 9,796 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    it all looks slowed down at 30 fps. :p
  • kinky_mong 2 Jan 2013 12:00:28 9,996 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Couldn't care one iota about that, the game plays fine and I've never thought at any point that it's not running smoothly.

• Buztafen 2 Jan 2013 12:10:01 16,079 posts
    Seen 46 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Fat_Pigeon wrote:
    it all looks slowed down at 30 fps. :p
    I have to agree with this. Dont get me wrong, it looks great and play well for such a demanding game (tearing aside) but after playing Batman AC, DayZ, Dark Souls and other games recently at pretty much a constant 60fps with all bells and whistles on(thanks to my new GPU) it makes a massive difference. The next gen's already here! :)
  • Buztafen 2 Jan 2013 12:38:21 16,079 posts
    Seen 46 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    kinky_mong wrote:
    Fancy trying out the co-op levels on it some time 'tafen?
    Whats are the co-op levels about kinks? Are they separate to the main story?
  • kinky_mong 2 Jan 2013 13:41:57 9,996 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Yep separate levels where you play as 1 of 4 adventurers. No idea if it's any good but worth a try.

• megastar 2 Jan 2013 13:55:38 17,142 posts
    Seen 19 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Are you lot playing Halo tomorrow?

I had a KD ratio of +1 for about 5 seconds when I played it the other day! Then status quo was quickly resumed after that!
  • Page

of 3127 First / Last