Metroid Prime Trilogy Page 15

  • Page

    of 20 First / Last

  • Pinky_Floyd 1 Sep 2011 07:36:39 9,280 posts
    Seen 60 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    They are completely different games so its a bit of a strange comparison. If based purely on fun then i guess we can compare anything. I would say that Prime wins on atmosphere and ramping up the excitement levels as time goes on.

    Metroid Prime was one of those great moments in gaming. While still a great game today, it was magnified somewhat at the time by moving a successful 2d game into the third dimension while still keeping everything that made the original games great intact.
  • Charlie_Miso 1 Sep 2011 08:00:37 1,191 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Think we're only comparing them as I was playing both at the same time back in May 2010.

    Do kinda feel I've missed out a bit but wasn't going to kick on if I wasn't having fun. First few hours were amazing but I just got so sick of it. Especially when I went the wrong way, and that save system....
  • evad_lhorg 1 Sep 2011 18:25:03 84 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    So what's the verdict on this? Are the Wii controls better than the GC controls?
  • Murbs 1 Apr 2014 10:56:40 22,763 posts
    Seen 46 seconds ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Just snagged Metroid Prime Trilogy for a not too shabby 35 delivered from a trusted reseller on Play.com. Still about twice what I once paid for it, but pretty good going nowadays!
  • faux-C 1 Apr 2014 10:59:08 9,951 posts
    Seen 9 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I loved 1+2, but couldn't face the waggle for 3 so never actually played it. One day I'll be able to play all the Wii greats I couldn't be arsed with on some future console's retro download store without waggle, I hope.
  • DFawkes 1 Apr 2014 11:05:55 25,028 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Pointer aiming is one of the best things about it, so I probably wouldn't advise playing without it. More so for MP3, as it was designed around it a bit more. That said, I think I personally preferred the Gamecube pad for MP1.

    Grghl fnarr, grhl gnnrl! - Christina Bale as Batman

  • Murbs 1 Apr 2014 11:06:44 22,763 posts
    Seen 46 seconds ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    OMG - what if they're trolling me and the listing was some sort of elaborate April Fools?
  • Zomoniac 1 Apr 2014 11:08:53 8,232 posts
    Seen 10 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    The eBay prices for it are all over the place. Pick a random number between 30 and 90, with seemingly no pattern. I suspect my copy will remain factory sealed forever.
  • Armoured_Bear 1 Apr 2014 12:03:03 13,169 posts
    Seen 56 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    faux_carnation wrote:
    I loved 1+2, but couldn't face the waggle for 3 so never actually played it. One day I'll be able to play all the Wii greats I couldn't be arsed with on some future console's retro download store without waggle, I hope.
    There is no waggle, there is pointing which is brilliant.

    XBL : ecosse011172
    PSN : ecosse_011172
    NNID : armoured_bear

  • DFawkes 1 Apr 2014 12:13:19 25,028 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    There is a little bit waggle, but it actually feels like it makes sense (the Grapple thing on the nunchuck IIRC).

    Grghl fnarr, grhl gnnrl! - Christina Bale as Batman

  • Raiko101 1 Apr 2014 12:13:39 7,573 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Thanks to a mighty generous forumite, i've been playing a bit of the Metroid Prime Trilogy recently. I've got to say, Wii remote controls make the original more enjoyable to play. It's not even that aiming is quicker, but camera movement feels quite natural. The camera lock-on is great, too. More games should use it!

    Edited by Raiko101 at 12:15:24 01-04-2014

    3DS: 4210 4002 8289 (Dave)
    Wii U: Raiko87 (Dave)
    PSN: Raiko101
    Xbox Live: Raiko87

  • Ror Friendliest Forumite, 2014 1 Apr 2014 12:19:08 5,081 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I only ever got a few hours into MP1 on the GC because I just couldn't get used to the controls. I bought a Wii about four years ago just for MPT and finally saw MP1 through. I thought the Wii controls were excellent.

    I still need to go back and play 2 and 3 at some point...
  • faux-C 1 Apr 2014 12:43:36 9,951 posts
    Seen 9 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Armoured_Bear wrote:
    faux_carnation wrote:
    I loved 1+2, but couldn't face the waggle for 3 so never actually played it. One day I'll be able to play all the Wii greats I couldn't be arsed with on some future console's retro download store without waggle, I hope.
    There is no waggle, there is pointing which is brilliant.
    Pointing, waggle, whatever. Anything which isn't pressing buttons bores me.
  • Raiko101 1 Apr 2014 14:33:25 7,573 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @faux_carnation You mean effort? ;)

    Edit: To be fair, it doesn't actually require any extra effort.

    Edited by Raiko101 at 14:55:06 01-04-2014

    3DS: 4210 4002 8289 (Dave)
    Wii U: Raiko87 (Dave)
    PSN: Raiko101
    Xbox Live: Raiko87

  • Armoured_Bear 1 Apr 2014 15:00:29 13,169 posts
    Seen 56 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    faux_carnation wrote:
    Armoured_Bear wrote:
    faux_carnation wrote:
    I loved 1+2, but couldn't face the waggle for 3 so never actually played it. One day I'll be able to play all the Wii greats I couldn't be arsed with on some future console's retro download store without waggle, I hope.
    There is no waggle, there is pointing which is brilliant.
    Pointing, waggle, whatever. Anything which isn't pressing buttons bores me.
    You must struggle with almost all games, all of that tiresome thumbstick movement must be mind numbingly dull.

    XBL : ecosse011172
    PSN : ecosse_011172
    NNID : armoured_bear

  • Raiko101 1 Apr 2014 16:43:41 7,573 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Each to their own, really. From what I played of Black Ops 2 on Wii U, I was Wii remote all the way. However, there's plenty of people who wont use it.

    It probably comes down to what you're used to and how long it takes to adapt to a new control method. I remember when I first played TimeSplitters, back in the day. It took me weeks to get used to dual analog sticks.

    3DS: 4210 4002 8289 (Dave)
    Wii U: Raiko87 (Dave)
    PSN: Raiko101
    Xbox Live: Raiko87

  • Murbs 4 Apr 2014 10:00:39 22,763 posts
    Seen 46 seconds ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Order has been cancelled by the seller. Failed it's 'final quality inspection'. Bit annoyed but now 35 better off than I was this time yesterday - glass half full!
  • Duffking 28 Jan 2015 11:23:37 8,129 posts
    Seen 27 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    So, this launches on Wii U eShop tomorrow. Anyone else going to be playing these games for the first time?
  • binky Moderator 28 Jan 2015 11:25:53 10,221 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    I'll be grabbing this. I used to own Prime on Cube, but never finished it (got stuck) and haven't played the sequels. Hoping I'll get further than last time - I remember loving it until I got frustrated.
  • Ultrasoundwave 28 Jan 2015 11:47:27 3,538 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I've got my original Wii copy but its still factory sealed - never dared open it because i know how much they go for in new condition!

    Might buy this digital version so i can, y'know, actually play the game!

    "Don't you do it, Hitler.....don't you dare fall in love with me"

  • SomaticSense 28 Jan 2015 12:07:26 9,880 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    binky wrote:
    I'll be grabbing this. I used to own Prime on Cube, but never finished it (got stuck) and haven't played the sequels. Hoping I'll get further than last time - I remember loving it until I got frustrated.
    Exactly how it was for me.

    I'm developing a bit of a hankering for slower-paced older-school games with a metroidvania bent, hence my adoration of the REmake remastering. Recent releases have done precisely nothing to scratch this itch, so I'll be all over it as it's a great excuse to rectify my abandoning of it, especially as I'm bang in the mood for it too. It being a bargain is a bonus :)

    I'm tempted by Super Metroid too, which I've never played...
  • Deleted user 28 January 2015 12:25:46
    You lot haven't finished MP???

    Fucking hell. It's sublime.
  • Raiko101 28 Jan 2015 13:17:27 7,573 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    According to NintendoLife, the prices that folk have been selling their sealed Wii copies for on eBay have massively deflated. I love it, because I hate that people who hold on to a game they've no intention of playing, denying somebody else a chance to play it.

    3DS: 4210 4002 8289 (Dave)
    Wii U: Raiko87 (Dave)
    PSN: Raiko101
    Xbox Live: Raiko87

  • quadfather 28 Jan 2015 13:20:55 15,263 posts
    Seen 12 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    SomaticSense wrote:
    binky wrote:
    I'll be grabbing this. I used to own Prime on Cube, but never finished it (got stuck) and haven't played the sequels. Hoping I'll get further than last time - I remember loving it until I got frustrated.
    Exactly how it was for me.

    I'm developing a bit of a hankering for slower-paced older-school games with a metroidvania bent, hence my adoration of the REmake remastering. Recent releases have done precisely nothing to scratch this itch, so I'll be all over it as it's a great excuse to rectify my abandoning of it, especially as I'm bang in the mood for it too. It being a bargain is a bonus :)

    I'm tempted by Super Metroid too, which I've never played...
    Jesus H Christ - you have *got* to play super metroid!

    Buy it immediately.

    psn quaddy456, Dark Souls tips

  • Rhaegyr 28 Jan 2015 13:23:26 3,137 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Someone hasn't seen Phendrana? :eek:

    Edit - and hasn't played Super Metroid?!

    Awesome times ahead.

    Edited by Rhaegyr at 13:23:53 28-01-2015
  • dfunked 28 Jan 2015 13:25:49 1,024 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Never managed to finish MP on hard (boss before the last is an absolute twat!!!), so looking forward to giving it another bash at the weekend.
    Absolutely fantastic games, you'd have to be batshit insane to miss out at this price!!

    The second Talon overworld theme from later on in the game... Magnifique!

    Edited by dfunked at 13:27:19 28-01-2015
  • FunkyColdModena 28 Jan 2015 13:29:26 5 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 3 months ago
    Anyone know if you can play this off screen on the game pad?
  • Duffking 28 Jan 2015 13:36:43 8,129 posts
    Seen 27 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    No, it's a Wii game that's simply being rereleased on Wii U - not a remaster or anything like that. It only supported the Wiimote and will only support that on Wii U.
  • Armoured_Bear 28 Jan 2015 13:36:55 13,169 posts
    Seen 56 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    FunkyColdModena wrote:
    Anyone know if you can play this off screen on the game pad?
    You can view the game on the Gamepad screen but have to use the Wii Controls.

    XBL : ecosse011172
    PSN : ecosse_011172
    NNID : armoured_bear

  • Gaol 28 Jan 2015 13:44:28 2,474 posts
    Seen 49 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Armoured_Bear wrote:
    FunkyColdModena wrote:
    Anyone know if you can play this off screen on the game pad?
    You can view the game on the Gamepad screen but have to use the Wii Controls.
    Which means no. Unless you're crazy enough to want to point a wiimote at a tiny screen.

    Really annoying they didn't patch in gamepad support, 2 games were originally pad controlled. Most wii games look shit on large living room HDTVs, worse in fact than old 2d titles. Either that or actually upscale the games properly.
  • Page

    of 20 First / Last

Log in or register to reply