of 2 First / Last

Next
  • Deleted user 14 May 2009 16:08:07
    We've moved on from that attitude now.
  • Spin_Dr_Wolf 14 May 2009 16:45:49 6,170 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Transporter wrote:
    Yup, of course they can. But it frustrates the hell out of me that not only I suddenly can't place any orders, but also I can't learn the reason why...
    Yes you do, security reasons. I'm sorry but you won't get any sympathy from me for not being able to order stuff, its not like they have taken money and not delivered. Business' are not obliged to supply you with goods or services, and as you rightly pointed out they have plenty of competitors willing to take the business, so stop being such a whiney bitch, take your business elsewhere and make at least one of your threats a little less empty.
  • Deleted user 14 May 2009 16:51:28
    Why the fuck do people try and resolve serious disputes by email. Phone the fuckers up!
  • DavetheDave 14 May 2009 18:01:31 1,391 posts
    Seen 5 years ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    mowgli wrote:
    Why the fuck do people try and resolve serious disputes by email. Phone the fuckers up!

I think his point was he's in Greece and it would cost more than the game was worth to call them.

/could be wrong
  • Sycopat 14 May 2009 18:25:49 162 posts
    Seen 3 months ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I've worked in a complaints department before (different industry though)

And I can honestly say I hate people like the OP.

The guys on the phones/desks don't have any answers. Their job is literally, take your call, send you a fawning letter, try and arrange for a product to be returned and replaced (Or returned and credit given out, or whatever) and file it away so management doesn't have to hear about it except as a statistic.

If you call them up they'll be only too happy to fob you off on a supervisor/manager who actually has the power to solve the problem. Frankly the best they can do with an email is pass it on to their supervisor who will ignore it until your screaming down the phone at them.

If you go in hard and effing and blinding, you'll only make them angry because, believe it or not, they'd genuinely like to help and being rude to them only encourages them to be rude/slow/ignore you in favour of helping someone else who's not throwing a tantrum.

And no, they aren't getting paid to give a shit. They're getting paid to be the buffer between reality and the cloud castle management lives in, and paid badly.
  • SnoopDop 26 Aug 2009 16:22:09 6 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Post deleted
  • President_Weasel 26 Aug 2009 16:48:12 9,336 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    SnoopDop wrote:
    This crappy site is giving me the same stupid error message when I try to pre-order Batman, I am from Morocco

I DEMAND that they process my order IMMEDIATELY and send me the pre-order bonus code !

I'm not sure that demanding anything here is really going to help.
    For the record, Sycopat was entirely on the money and everyone should listen to him.
  • Deleted user 26 August 2009 16:50:41
    Maybe you should check on their website if they can actually deliver to Morocco.

Bonus hint: They can't.
  • President_Weasel 26 Aug 2009 16:52:31 9,336 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Maybe's he's not in Morocco. Maybe he's from Morocco but in Brentford.
  • Carlo 26 Aug 2009 16:54:45 18,061 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    It's like a game of Paranoia.

PSN ID: Djini

• SnoopDop 28 Aug 2009 13:28:23 6 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Yes I'm from Morocco, I tried to place an order on GAME using a UK billing address in order to get the pre-order bonus code and cancel the order immediately after receiving the said code.

They can't bill my credit card, I used a virtual visa card with about 5 balance just to pass the usual 1 pre-authorization check they do when you register the card details. However it seems that GAME, on top of the IP address check bills the card at the time of order placement unlike GameStop and Amazon who debit at the time of despatch, these american stores work well for getting pre-order bonus codes for free.

I usually use the codes myself and sometimes sell them like on eBay.

:evil:

EDIT: just received the PLAY.COM BatSuit code
  • Deleted user 28 August 2009 13:30:13
    Oh, so basically you're demanding that they let you defraud them.

Bit of a cunt, aren't you?
  • JohnnyWashnGo 28 Aug 2009 13:33:22 1,544 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    What a tosser - why does everybody want something for nothing these days?
  • SnoopDop 28 Aug 2009 13:34:07 6 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Gremmi wrote:
    Oh, so basically you're demanding that they let you defraud them.
    it depends one one's definition of fraud

Bit of a cunt, aren't you?
    I just take advantage of an opportunity without violation the law
  • Deleted user 28 August 2009 13:34:38
    GAME in "not lettins evil exploiting system people order from us" horror!
  • Deleted user 28 August 2009 13:35:16
    It doesn't really depend on your own personal interpretation of fraud, more the actual legal definition.
  • SnoopDop 28 Aug 2009 13:37:48 6 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    it's up to them to make sure they got the pre-order money before sending bonus codes
  • Tomo 28 Aug 2009 13:41:30 13,918 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Seems like you've taken a sledgehammer to some balsa wood to me. If I received those emails in the order you sent them, I'd think you're a bit of a cock frankly. Deleting the initial email was about the point where things started to get a bit smelly for me.

Fair enough, these people might be morons. I love to send a shouty email too, but not until I've at least tried to get a response by being civilised. Seems you couldn't deal with them requesting some fairly trivial details so you went ballistic.
  • Deleted user 28 August 2009 13:47:44
    SnoopDop wrote:
    it's up to them to make sure they got the pre-order money before sending bonus codes

..which they do with the pre-authorisation checks. They can't instantly know how much money you have in your account, that would be a massive breach of data protection and possibly several other laws. All they can find out is if it's a valid active account.

If you are attempting to purchase a product knowing that you do not enough money to cover the transaction in order to secure a pre-order deal, then that is fraud, plain and simple.
  • Flying_Pig 28 Aug 2009 20:12:47 11,004 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    SnoopDop wrote:
    I usually use the codes myself and sometimes sell them like on eBay.

What a cock! Cheats retailers out of bonus codes meant for genuine customers, and then sells them.
  • _Price_ 28 Aug 2009 21:10:36 3,074 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Is there any common complaints for late delivery with GAME? I still haven't received my order that they apparently sent out on Monday morning.

To be fair I don't know if this should be a 'GAME online is composed of complete idiots' post or a 'I'm pissed of at the Royal Mail' post though.
  • majorg85k 5 Sep 2009 22:07:32 2 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Hi, I'm having the exact same problem with game.co.uk. Been doing orders for years(with my parents card) and now it gives that stupid error every time :( I exchanged emails with them just like you and it ended with a

"Hi,

Thank you for your email.

I am sorry to hear that your orders have been cancelled.

I have discussed the matter with our web department and regretfully we were unable to accept these orders due to our strict security procedures we adhere to. This system has been brought in to prevent the ever growing problem of web crime.

Whilst the measures in place will reduce the possibility of fraudulent orders, it is inevitable that occasionally genuine customers will get caught by them, and we apologise if this is the case.

I apologise of behalf of GAME.co.uk & thank you for your custom but unfortunately, we are unable to accept orders from yourself for the foreseeable future.

Regards,

Lucy J

The Team at GAME"

Recently i got my own credit card. I created a new account at game. Made an order an it worked :) Yesterday i was going to make a second order an the same error came back. I don't know what's happenning over there but it really sucks. :(
  • Tomo 5 Sep 2009 23:09:28 13,918 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Screw them dude, just take your business elsewhere. They rarely undercut the others anyway.
  • faux_carnation 5 Sep 2009 23:22:29 9,344 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    President Weasel wrote:
    I liked the part where a tech support employee contacted you and asked you some questions, obviously the ones they need to ask as part of the first contact, and you deleted the email in a fit of pique.

I'm not sure if anything else happened later as I got bored and stopped reading.

I enjoyed the part where he lashed out at poorly paid retail staff who have literally nothing better to do than have e-mail conversations with irrational fucktards who don't even read the responses they send.
  • majorg85k 6 Sep 2009 17:49:25 2 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    It sucks because very frequently they have some sweet pre-order exclusives :( Transporter you still can't make any orders? I searched the error message in google and a lot other people are getting it. I don't know what's the point in implementing new security meassures when a lot of legit people get thrown into the bin... bahhh :S

My card is a Visa and yours? Maybe a Mastercard is having less problems? Someone else with the same problem?
  • One_Vurfed_Gwrx 6 Sep 2009 18:30:39 594 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I had the same problem with a Mastercard last Christmas on an account I'd used without problem for years. I ordered from Japan, but my billing and shipping address were both of my UK address so that really shouldn't have made any difference. Not tried them since as I just use other online retailers instead who have less issues.
  • adzy1981 4 Nov 2011 15:04:57 1 posts
    Seen 3 years ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    i in resposne to youtr question

remember when game was having site maitenance - among the list of new changes implemneted were that no more orders were to be dropshipped / all orders were to be cancellled - or if customers were buying to sell on or getting multiple copies of drop down price games - they were to be cancelled as well

basically game gets millions of orders and do not need to worry about sales dropping to much

same with play.com and gamestation (games brother website)

if you email or ring them they play dumb

same happened with me thay have payment locked accounts and remember your debit card details/ addresses and so did play & gamestation

ppl should start their own so they can compete against them that would get up their asses
  • Page

of 2 First / Last

Next