I think I'm getting bored with video games :(

• Page

of 2 First / Last

Previous
  • Lateralaus 12 May 2009 18:39:57 1,091 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    They just seem boring and repetative to me, I've bought 3 games in the last year and only really bothered with one.

although having said that I have played a few old ones and they seem just as good as they did back when I played them the for the first time. Has anyone else experienced this?
  • funkyd 12 May 2009 18:40:52 7,522 posts
    Seen 11 months ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Take a break for a while, or just buy games that you know you'll like.
  • Fatiguez 12 May 2009 18:41:47 8,715 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Games are boring and repetitive
  • Menace 12 May 2009 18:43:27 5,742 posts
    Seen 21 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Been like that for years for me - literally ;)

Then, approximately two years ago salvation came in the form of Team Fortress2. It's the only game I play now! =)

www.bigbitegames.com/soccer

• kleaneasy 12 May 2009 18:45:05 173 posts
    Seen 3 years ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I get like that every once in a while, for me though its usually down to being bored of the same ol same ol and not really knowing what direction to start looking for something that will interest me. I spent years playing FPS and pretty much nothing else and found myself back to platform games in the last 6+ months, used to play platform games a lot years ago and just seemed to lose interest in playing them as FPS took a more prominent place in my choices. Since the move back to platform and a wider variety of games in general Iím enjoying my game time a lot more again, there are some FPS games Iím looking forward to and when theyíre out Iíll no doubt move allegiance again but until then

Probably worth a trip to your local rental store and pick out some random games you wouldnít normally think of buying and see what comes up trumps?
  • Deleted user 12 May 2009 18:45:06
    Haha, I only play FIFA ans SF4 these days.
  • Cloudane 12 May 2009 18:46:20 1,974 posts
    Seen 9 months ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    funkyd wrote:
    Take a break for a while.

This is good advice.

Do something else in the meantime and then you'll start playing the odd game or two soon enough.
  • Deleted user 12 May 2009 18:46:32
    Here's a good game - try getting on and paying for Darkfall, playing it for nine hours, then writing about your experience for a professional magazine. Your life will quite literally light up from all the attention.
  • Fizzog 12 May 2009 19:13:12 4,108 posts
    Seen 3 years ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    It's funny, I usually have a good selection of PS3 games to choose from but most of the time I find myself prefering to play Picross, Puzzle Bobble or Peggle. Modern games are too complicated!
  • Twin_snakes 12 May 2009 19:17:26 2,191 posts
    Seen 11 months ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    You probably just bought shit games.
  • Deleted user 12 May 2009 19:18:42
    Get some games you can fire up for 10-20 min blasts.

e.g. Outrun on PSN or XBLA.

I went througha stage where playing games seemed liek sucha chore as I only ahd games that needed a good buit of time putting into them. et some games for quick fire fun so you can balance it out.
  • Deleted user 12 May 2009 19:32:30
    It's the curse of being an adult with an income - you can buy just about any game that comes out, and before long you are jaded. I'm having a bit of a rest for the first time in about 10 years of solid gaming. I bought too many games, too close together, and got bored.

Just wait for the games that truly send ripples through the forums - the titles that deserve blowing the dust of the hardware.
  • JuanKerr 12 May 2009 19:33:24 36,239 posts
    Seen 11 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I find it's a cyclical thing - I'm currently in my 'not playing games' period. Nothing is really grabbing me at the moment. I'm sure I'll get back into it after the Summer.
  • Telepathic.Geometry 12 May 2009 19:37:05 11,292 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    That's funny JuanKerr, I've just gotten back into gaming recently, when someone demanded we sling on Pikmin. That led to a little Zelda, Excite Truck, co-op Gears of War and subsequently, the purchase of a PS3 and incessant Uncharted/Ratchet and Clank action. :)

|| PSN Barrysama || NNID Barrysama ||

• Deleted user 12 May 2009 19:40:44
    For me, it's all about social gaming these days. A single player game will have to be really good to hold me (i.e. Dead Space, Dead Rising), when I could be playing something else multiplayer.
  • thedaveeyres 12 May 2009 19:44:37 10,866 posts
    Seen 13 seconds ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I'm barely gaming at the moment but it's no biggie, Juan is right... it's cyclical. As soon as the weather's too crap for golf, walks on the beach etc etc I'll be gaming again.

D****** ******r

XBLA: Hamster Trippin
    Steam: thedaveeyres
    PSN: HamsterTrippin

• JuanKerr 12 May 2009 19:48:16 36,239 posts
    Seen 11 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Telepathic.Geometry wrote:
    That's funny JuanKerr, I've just gotten back into gaming recently, when someone demanded we sling on Pikmin. That led to a little Zelda, Excite Truck, co-op Gears of War and subsequently, the purchase of a PS3 and incessant Uncharted/Ratchet and Clank action. :)

You've obviously taken my share of the gaming pie. Enjoy it :)
  • Telepathic.Geometry 12 May 2009 19:51:09 11,292 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    /enjoys pie ^_^

|| PSN Barrysama || NNID Barrysama ||

• Twin_snakes 12 May 2009 20:10:22 2,191 posts
    Seen 11 months ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    /steals pie
  • SharksInYourMouth 12 May 2009 20:16:28 1,960 posts
    Seen 3 years ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    This gen has been kinda dull
  • Deleted user 12 May 2009 20:22:29
    The major releases have indeed been rather sleep inducing. The little downloadable games, however, have been pretty good.
  • Fizzog 12 May 2009 20:45:42 4,108 posts
    Seen 3 years ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    AltCtrlDelete wrote:
    For me, it's all about social gaming these days. A single player game will have to be really good to hold me (i.e. Dead Space, Dead Rising), when I could be playing something else multiplayer.

It's the opposite for me, I like to relax and play a game by myself. I'd hate having to have a conversation with someone at the same time!
  • Deleted user 12 May 2009 20:50:20
    I started to feel like this, buying too many games and not makng the most of them, was getting bogged down trying to play my backlog and finding that I wasn't enjoying it all that much (in this instance FF12).

So I took a short break and bought a simpler pick up and play game that brings back memories of why I enjoy videogames (Ridge Racer 7) and now I'm up for more modern and online gaming, and will play my older games as and when I feel like it.

I figure its kinda like gamers therapy, crucial thing is to recognise something is wrong with how you play games, sort it out and then make sure you don't repeat it. I've decided not to buy many games, one box game every couple months with either an older game I already have, replay a personal favourite or buy a small downloadable game inbetween.
  • Dirtbox 12 May 2009 20:57:39 77,686 posts
    Seen 16 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Nothing to do with the fact there's fuck all worth playing right now, then?

+1 / Like / Tweet this post

• redcrayon 12 May 2009 21:25:35 4,552 posts
    Seen 13 seconds ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Download some retro stuff-
    the good ones are cheap and fairly short, the bad ones will remind you that average-quality current games are ace in comparison! ;-)
  • Carlo 12 May 2009 21:28:28 17,994 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Play golf. Gets you out of the house, and a bit of exercise.

PSN ID: Djini

• neilka 12 May 2009 21:33:14 15,847 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Take up murder, it's free and you meet lots of new people.

A map is like comparing velocity and speed.

• skuzzbag 12 May 2009 21:34:32 5,638 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Buy some night goggles and lurk in the bushes.

• JuanKerr 12 May 2009 21:34:39 36,239 posts
    Seen 11 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Ditto rape.
  • Page

of 2 First / Last

Previous