Digital Download version of oblivion

• Page

of 2 First / Last

Previous
  • Xeopuppy 11 May 2009 14:14:46 16 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I want to buy the digital download version of Oblivion, I know Direct 2 Drive.co.uk sells it with the Shivering Isles pack, but I also want the Knights of the Nine pack to, but you can only buy this from Direct 2 Drives american site, does anyone know if it will work or if they will let you download it for the UK, or if the disc version of KotN will work with the downloaded version of Oblivion (I doubt it will).

Or can will you be able to download KotN and all of the downloadable content from Bethesda (you can if you have bought the disc version or Oblivion) and will they work with the Digital Downloaded version of Oblivion.

Any help would be great, thanks...
  • Seoh 11 May 2009 22:45:15 3 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I think you should be ok with the getting knights of the nine direct from bethesda, however this pack or any of the oblivion DLC will not work on vista so be careful
  • Deleted user 11 May 2009 22:47:05
    Seoh wrote:
    however this pack or any of the oblivion DLC will not work on vista so be careful

what

I've played all the DLC from within Vista fine.
  • PearOfAnguish 16 Jun 2009 09:56:31 7,203 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Quick heads up: Oblivion and Morrowind GOTY editions are coming to Steam very soon.
  • Deleted user 16 June 2009 09:58:46
    Pricing wish:

Oblivion 15
    Morrowind 5.99

Actual probably pricing

Oblivion 25
    Morrowind 15
  • Deleted user 16 June 2009 09:59:21
    How did you find that anyway? It's not on their coming soon list.
  • Deleted user 16 June 2009 10:00:37
    Ah, right

Call of Cthulhu as well!
  • PearOfAnguish 16 Jun 2009 10:06:22 7,203 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Gremmi wrote:
    How did you find that anyway? It's not on their coming soon list.

Don't know if they intended it to be that secret, but anyone with a Steam press account can download all three right now.
  • Deleted user 16 June 2009 17:52:35
    aaand they're up.

I stand corrected. 17.53 for Morrowind complete + Oblivion complete (albeit with a limited 20% discount). Very nice prices.
  • Wastelander 16 Jun 2009 17:53:36 1,848 posts
    Seen 4 years ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Not bad, quite fancy Call of Cthulhu.
  • magicpanda 16 Jun 2009 18:44:20 13,340 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Nice price for the super extra deluxe oblivion! Bought.

What's the crack with modding the fuck out of games on steam and has anyone got a good list of recommended mods?

/prepares for a long night
  • DUFFKING 16 Jun 2009 18:46:08 7,221 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I know Morrowind needed the FPS optimiser program to make widescreen work... will the steam version work with widescreen displays right away?
  • Widge Moderator 17 Jun 2009 09:14:45 13,467 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    20% off, steam limited time deal?

How do mods work with steam. I keep thinking about getting in and dirty and bolting on all the shit hot Morrowind mods, esp Vality's "it now looks like Oblivion" graphical ones.

_ _ _

www.unpaused.co.uk - electronic noise adjective salad

• PearOfAnguish 17 Jun 2009 09:20:36 7,203 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Mods will work fine, just drop them into the same directories as you would with the disc versions. Only exception will be if any mods have installers, you'll just need to point them toward the Steam Oblivion install instead.
  • JoeBlade 17 Jun 2009 09:42:53 2,522 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Hmm, this just caught my eye on Steam but I already have the standard version of Oblivion, albeit without any DLC or expansions. Would it be worth getting the full-blown thing (= GOTY Deluxe edition) at that price nonetheless?

I've also started a new character not so long ago which I'd like to continue playing with (or rather, I don't want to go through the sewers and main Q up to Cloud Ruler Temple ever again :p), would that be possible?
  • Deleted user 17 June 2009 09:43:27
    You need to replace the .exe with a cracked one to make mods work with the Steam version as well. The checksums don't match otherwise or something.
  • PearOfAnguish 17 Jun 2009 09:45:39 7,203 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    12 for Morrowind AND Oblivion GOTY is the bargain of the year, so even if you already own Oblivion it's worth going for at that price.

Your character should work fine, just backup your save game files then drop them into the new Steam Oblivion install. When you start back into the game you'll get all the notes and quest markers for the DLC. That's assuming you haven't installed any other mods on your current version, though.

spudsbuckley wrote:
    You need to replace the .exe with a cracked one to make mods work with the Steam version as well. The checksums don't match otherwise or something.

Really? That's a bit crap.
  • Aretak 17 Jun 2009 09:47:13 10,350 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    PearOfAnguish wrote:
    12 for Morrowind AND Oblivion GOTY is the bargain of the year
    The Orange Box for 5.99 > that.
  • JoeBlade 17 Jun 2009 09:48:45 2,522 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Grrmmbl, I suppose I'll cave then. I spend waaaay too much time on games as is but... ach :p

/fetches credit card
  • Widge Moderator 17 Jun 2009 09:51:45 13,467 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Is Stalker also un-moddable for the same reasons?

_ _ _

• PearOfAnguish 17 Jun 2009 09:57:28 7,203 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I think Stalker is fine for the most part, you just might have to create a 'gamedata' folder and some mods may not be compatible with the latest 1.0005 patch that the Steam version uses.
  • Deleted user 17 June 2009 10:04:19
    spudsbuckley wrote:

That's only for mods that need the script extender.
  • Deleted user 17 June 2009 10:07:24
    Gremmi wrote:
    spudsbuckley wrote:

That'll be a lot of the good ones :D
  • Widge Moderator 17 Jun 2009 10:12:56 13,467 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    PearOfAnguish wrote:
    I think Stalker is fine for the most part, you just might have to create a 'gamedata' folder and some mods may not be compatible with the latest 1.0005 patch that the Steam version uses.

Thinking about the "Complete" mod set.

RE: extender. I take it thats the Morrowind graphics extender then. Shame.

_ _ _

• Deleted user 17 June 2009 10:14:24
    spudsbuckley wrote:
    Gremmi wrote:
    spudsbuckley wrote:

That'll be a lot of the good ones :D

True enough. Though you can at least apply some of the levelling mods so the game isn't horribly broken at least

(cue Lutz and his insane defense of said broken system)
  • Deleted user 17 June 2009 10:15:29
    Widge wrote:
    PearOfAnguish wrote:

Thinking about the "Complete" mod set.

RE: extender. I take it thats the Morrowind graphics extender then. Shame.

All Morrowind mods should work - as far as I know they never needed script extenders or similar. The problem with the Oblivion mods that use the script extender is that the extender itself hooks into the .exe, which is protected by Steam.
  • Lutz 17 Jun 2009 10:18:06 48,854 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Gremmi wrote:
    (cue Lutz and his insane defense of said broken system)
    Eh? I never said that the system wasn't broken. It's very workable, but it's broken.
  • Deleted user 17 June 2009 10:24:00
    Oh, I don't know. Someone was claiming it wasn't a broken system in a big thread once. I just naturally presumed it was you due to your odd taste in things like salt and vinegar crisps. :p
  • Lutz 17 Jun 2009 10:29:07 48,854 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Git. :p
  • magicpanda 17 Jun 2009 10:40:56 13,340 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Oscuro's Oblivion Overhaul worth downloading?

http://devnull.sweetdanger.net/OOO/OOO_Guide.html#post
  • Page

of 2 First / Last

Previous