Graze - Healthy snacks delivered to work Page 3

• Page

of 5 First / Last

• Deleted user 15 September 2011 14:08:52
    Mmmm, glad I saved the cherries, dark chocolate, raisins and almonds box to last.
  • localnotail 15 Sep 2011 14:10:43 23,093 posts
    Seen 9 months ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    DaM wrote:
    Local, do they send a good mix? Eg do you get stuff that repeats frequently without being asked?
    I've been doing it for over a year, and I respond to their rating query emails when they send something new so I've probably rated everything they do by now. When they announce new stuff (like the dips) I asked them to send it soon and make a decision (dips are a bit messy but a nice change now and again).
    I have my preferences set to "send me more of the things I like or love" so that's pretty much what I get - if I get bored of something I drop it down to "try" status for a bit, only bin the things I really don't want. It definitely doesn't repeat in my 4-day week, usually takes more than a fortnight to start repeating any one box.
    Having said that, I wish they would send me some more hickory smoked nuts, I might have to mark them send soon. Nom indeed. edit: ah damn, they are not available for send soon at the moment :(

A strange game. The only winning move is not to play.

• Psychotext 15 Sep 2011 14:27:47 54,802 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Salaman wrote:
    "Graze Jane's box"
    I could go for some of that.
  • Psychotext 19 Sep 2011 23:55:00 54,802 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Just signed up. Nothing on my bin list... can only imagine the horrible stuff I'm going to get sent. :p
  • DaM 20 Sep 2011 00:03:07 13,440 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    In my 2 boxes it has been mainly stuff that I wouldn't have picked...but it's all been yummy.
  • Widge Moderator 20 Sep 2011 06:39:01 13,727 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I've binned mine off for two months as in cutting back. Never was on time though, usually a few days late and sometimes not at all.

_ _ _

www.inverted-audio.com

• The_Foo_Fighter 20 Sep 2011 11:14:55 724 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I'm only on my second box but am loving these so far. They seem to send a good mix and it does make me feel like I'm being a tad healthier, staving off the office biscuit cravings.

If anyone wants a free box (plus second half price), use this code - money will go to charideeee: CPRBBR5
  • Deleted user 21 September 2011 16:12:23
    Cheers for the code I just signed up. I - obviously - like food and the novelty o getting a wee box delivered every couple of days looks enough to justify the small cost. And tbh, I love trying new food and this works out cheaper than buying a £3/4 bag of something ive never had before from markies which I end up not liking.
  • Psychotext 21 Sep 2011 16:46:02 54,802 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Oops
  • Immaterial 22 Sep 2011 13:13:13 1,456 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Just got my first free box, but I'm planning on cancelling after the 1/2 price second one- £3.49 for 4 punnets o' stuff is a little off-putting.

Think I'll just switch everything off.

• Psychotext 22 Sep 2011 15:24:15 54,802 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Mmmm... 's nummy.

Just had the tomato dipinetti. Hope the rest of the stuff I have is as nice. \o/
  • Deleted user 22 September 2011 15:26:41
    Pretty good one today. The vanilla pumpkin and sunflower seeds are insanely morish.

Whether I get flapjacks or not makes a huge difference to whether I can call a box lunch.
  • DaisyD 22 Sep 2011 16:46:35 11,826 posts
    Seen 3 months ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    paul_haine wrote:
    At the risk of sounding like a cretin, can't you just, you know, buy a bunch of apples and bananas and nuts and eat them at your desk instead? Probably be cheaper and would generate a lot less plastic packaging.

I agree. We buy organic, natural nuts and seeds anyway for snacking. Not into dried fruit much as it is full of sugar, and I wouldn't eat the chocolate or yoghurt ones either. It seems a rather expensive way of snacking tbh.
  • Psychotext 22 Sep 2011 16:55:46 54,802 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Some of us have more money than time in fairness. Plus, I'd never pick up stuff like this when I was out shopping.

(and even if I did, only two of the four items I got today would have been available)
  • DaisyD 22 Sep 2011 17:08:26 11,826 posts
    Seen 3 months ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Looking at the option I'd have to choose, it would be quite limited. I don't really eat anything with gluten in if I can help it and I tend to avoid most forms of sugar too.
  • Deleted user 22 September 2011 17:11:37
    DaisyD wrote:
    paul_haine wrote:
    At the risk of sounding like a cretin, can't you just, you know, buy a bunch of apples and bananas and nuts and eat them at your desk instead? Probably be cheaper and would generate a lot less plastic packaging.

I agree. We buy organic, natural nuts and seeds anyway for snacking.

You buy them? Why not grow them? You can also save a fortune by making all your own clothes and crafting your own furniture.

Iím being facetious btw.
  • Psychotext 22 Sep 2011 17:44:37 54,802 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Ironically I have an allotment covered in apple trees, but I still buy apples.

/facepalm
  • DaisyD 22 Sep 2011 20:22:19 11,826 posts
    Seen 3 months ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    kalel wrote:
    DaisyD wrote:
    paul_haine wrote:

I agree. We buy organic, natural nuts and seeds anyway for snacking.

You buy them? Why not grow them? You can also save a fortune by making all your own clothes and crafting your own furniture.

Iím being facetious btw.

;p

As it happens, I do have a walnut tree in the garden and it's time to harvest them. I could dry some of my Damsons and send you a daily snack box of them both plus fresh Apples and Pears, from my other trees, to you for a mere £3.00 a day.

Oh, and a french man made our furniture for us. :p
  • Immaterial 22 Sep 2011 20:26:47 1,456 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Psychotext wrote:

Ironically I have an allotment covered in apple trees, but I still buy apples.

/facepalm

/scrumps

Think I'll just switch everything off.

• Psychotext 22 Sep 2011 20:34:14 54,802 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Go for it, will save me the hassle of picking the damn things off the ground later. :p

/munches some more of the nibble box
  • localnotail 22 Sep 2011 20:36:36 23,093 posts
    Seen 9 months ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Buy a press, make cider? Orchard geekmeet? I like cider. Also cidre. And perry.

A strange game. The only winning move is not to play.

• gammonbanter 24 Sep 2011 22:46:26 1,516 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Getting things in the post is always nice - even if it is rabbit food! Biscuits ftw!
  • Deleted user 24 September 2011 22:53:03
    Not a good start when my first box doesn't arrive! :(
  • Psychotext 25 Sep 2011 10:12:46 54,802 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    localnotail wrote:
    Buy a press, make cider? Orchard geekmeet? I like cider. Also cidre. And perry.
    That still all sounds like work.
  • Metalfish 25 Sep 2011 10:53:03 8,865 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    mowgli wrote:
    Not a good start when my first box doesn't arrive! :(
    You've got to be gentle, you can't force it.

/Filth
  • Deleted user 26 September 2011 11:14:46
    First box finay arrived and I'm very impressed. Good sized portions as well.
    Fruit and seed flapjack
    Love mix (berries)
    Vanilla seeds
    Korean chilli rice crackers

Love it all, will continue after promo period :)
  • DaM 26 Sep 2011 11:31:30 13,440 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    It is a very slick operation, the marketing and packaging are an example of how to do it right for any company. This probably accounts for 80% of the cost of each box, but it is impressive!
  • Psychotext 26 Sep 2011 16:22:50 54,802 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Who thought "Ancient Forest Nuts" was a good product name? :p
  • Deleted user 26 September 2011 16:23:47
    I had that one today! Boring tbh...

Took my box into a meeting and everyone assumed they were free for all. Greedy cunts.
  • Deleted user 27 September 2011 12:50:18
    I dot think or got the hang of this graze thing, finished my whole box for today by 9:30 :/
  • Page

of 5 First / Last