• Page

of 5 First / Last

Previous
  • simplerotation 8 May 2009 11:51:50 332 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Is anyone else trying graze.com?

www.graze.com

I had a code for one free box and one half price box (you can cancel after the free box or at any time) and I gave them a go - it's been really great! :D

Basically they deliver you a snack box of fruit, dried fruit, nuts, olives, healthy snacks to your desk and you can supplement this for lunch with like half a sandwich or something if you want.

The idea is to keep your blood sugar on an even keel so you feel less hungry and stop blood sugar rising high where sugar is then stored as fat.

Everything I've had from pineapple to olives to choco beans to grapes to pecans to macadamia nuts have all been really tasty, and better than getting really hungry and getting a toffee crisp and some kettle chips from the vending machine.

I have a code, but don't know if I should post it, as I get a 1 for each time someone uses it which I've been passing on to the rainforest alliance

Code is - 387HJXX - mods you can remove this if you want.

• Murbal 8 May 2009 12:06:33 22,223 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Looks lovely actually. For some reason your link doesn't want to work though.

edit - Nope, links are being funny...
  • pjmaybe 8 May 2009 12:07:23 70,676 posts
    Seen 5 years ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Wow a planet that wants to save the planet. I approve! Nice find, SR
  • angeltreats 8 May 2009 12:07:44 2,602 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Murbal wrote:
    Looks lovely actually. For some reason your link doesn't want to work though.

Graze

Try it now.
  • ecureuil 8 May 2009 12:09:31 76,829 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I've been getting these for the past few months, they're really quite good. The food is of a high quality and is really varied every week.
  • Murbal 8 May 2009 12:15:20 22,223 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I'm going to sign up for a bit I think, can you give notice for when you won't be around and avoid getting a delivery when you're away on business/vacation?
  • simplerotation 8 May 2009 12:17:00 332 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Murbal wrote:
    I'm going to sign up for a bit I think, can you give notice for when you won't be around and avoid getting a delivery when you're away on business/vacation?

Yep, you select the delivery and select "push back" and either push it back to a day you want it or cancel it completely.

You can also put in holidays into your calendar and they just don't deliver on those days :)
  • bigshot316 8 May 2009 12:18:29 23,818 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    You all sound like you are straight off a Graze advert....
  • ScoutTech 8 May 2009 12:24:25 2,424 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    How much do you get in a box? I can't see an inside shot of a box. IF the box they show is full then that is quite cool, if you just get a few of those sachets then that isn't so good.
  • ecureuil 8 May 2009 12:27:39 76,829 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    ScoutTech wrote:
    How much do you get in a box? I can't see an inside shot of a box. IF the box they show is full then that is quite cool, if you just get a few of those sachets then that isn't so good.

It's quite small, it's divided in to three segments, one is half of the box (usually fruit), the second is 2/3rds of the remaining space. They come in plastic containers with peel tops (not bags) so you can take them out individually if you like. Although it's pretty small, it's more than enough food.
  • Onny 8 May 2009 13:02:00 5,697 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    ScoutTech wrote:

Under the "what is Graze" section

Hmmm.. looks good. Might sign myself and the wife up.

Edit: Can you specify types of food you want to avoid? For example, if you don't like nuts or seeds can you tell them you don't want any in your boxes?
  • Murbal 8 May 2009 13:06:09 22,223 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Sesame seeds are my issue - I have a rather irritating allergy to the little f***ers.
  • paul_haine 8 May 2009 13:22:56 4,205 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    At the risk of sounding like a cretin, can't you just, you know, buy a bunch of apples and bananas and nuts and eat them at your desk instead? Probably be cheaper and would generate a lot less plastic packaging.
  • simplerotation 8 May 2009 13:39:43 332 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Onny wrote:
    ScoutTech wrote:

Under the "what is Graze" section

Hmmm.. looks good. Might sign myself and the wife up.

Edit: Can you specify types of food you want to avoid? For example, if you don't like nuts or seeds can you tell them you don't want any in your boxes?

yup, you can go through everything they send and "bin" it and they'll never send it to you :)
    Like I hate sunflower seeds - little fuckers! So you can just bin everything with sunflower seeds in it :)

• ecureuil 8 May 2009 13:41:58 76,829 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Sunflower seeds are amazing. One of my favourite things to get. :D
  • DaM 8 Sep 2011 16:30:23 13,245 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Just came on to post about Graze after munching my first box (oooerr!), I thought it was a new thing.

I won't lie like Simple, and tell you it's amazingly healthy, as if you have them sitting on your desk at work, it's hard to resist.....

Simplerotation's link is rubbish though, use this Graze code 4CLZ165M to get a free box of wanky snacks! (disclosure, I get a 1 off if you use this!).
  • Razz 8 Sep 2011 16:35:13 61,210 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    I used them for a few months a couple years back but stopped after they no longer stocked fresh fruit.

--------------------------------------------------------------------
    Steam/PSN/XBOX: Razztafarai | 3DS: 1246-9674-8856

• billythekid 8 Sep 2011 16:36:19 11,138 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Looking at their selection it looks rather nice I suppose. If you're a bloody canary!!
  • kalel 8 Sep 2011 16:42:34 87,753 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Quite into the idea actually. Is it enough to replace lunch? If not I'll just end up spending a fortune.
  • jablonski 8 Sep 2011 16:48:08 4,153 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Was using them for a while but they stopped doing fruity bits after the postal meltdown around Christmas.
    Not worth it
  • mrpon 8 Sep 2011 16:50:12 28,937 posts
    Seen 51 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    What charity are you giving your 1 to DaM?

Give yourself 5 or gig, you're worth it.

• Razz 8 Sep 2011 16:53:24 61,210 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    kalel wrote:
    Quite into the idea actually. Is it enough to replace lunch? If not I'll just end up spending a fortune.
    Wasn't for me, though I used it more as a morning and afternoon snack replacement.

• White_Shadow 8 Sep 2011 16:53:35 2,537 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I used to get them a couple of years ago, they offered them for an initial lower cost and you could get cashback on them to make them virtually free.

Nice idea, but if you're paying full price you could get the stuff for cheaper if you bought it seperately yourself (granted not always an option). The fresh fruit was always the best part anyway, if they don't do it anymore I would avoid.
  • Razz 8 Sep 2011 16:58:30 61,210 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Only 2.99 a box now. It used to be a fiver.

• DaM 8 Sep 2011 17:23:25 13,245 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    mrpon wrote:
    What charity are you giving your 1 to DaM?

The DAM Wanky Snack Foundation.
  • TechnoHippy 8 Sep 2011 17:47:55 14,718 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Does this wanky snack have a biscuit base?

My books, contests, reviews and author interviews on my blog

• DaM 8 Sep 2011 17:57:08 13,245 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    TechnoHippy wrote:
    Does this wanky snack have a biscuit base?

Tick the "must be crispy" box, and you should be OK.
  • Deleted user 8 September 2011 18:19:55
    \o
  • mrpon 8 Sep 2011 18:21:09 28,937 posts
    Seen 51 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Yes, you can go to the toilet.

Give yourself 5 or gig, you're worth it.

• localnotail 9 Sep 2011 00:08:28 23,093 posts
    Seen 7 months ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    kalel wrote:

I've been Grazing for a year now, they come in between 600 - 800 calories per box, I usually have them + a banana and some grapes / an apple every day and it covers me for breakfast and lunch. It takes a while to retrain yourself to expect less bulk but I've really got used to it now.

I could just buy the stuff more cheaply, but I like the variety and the convenience of it arriving at my desk 4 days a week (I go out for lunch on Friday).

BTW if you have cholesterol issues, lay off the coconut and Brazil nuts.

A strange game. The only winning move is not to play.

• Page

of 5 First / Last

Previous