City of Heroes Page 3

• Page

of 55 First / Last

• mentat 2 Nov 2004 15:14:10 5,613 posts
    Seen 23 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    kalel wrote:
    Pffft. I was teamed with lower levels who convinced me it didn't matter as it was all about the badges. I did still level though, but only with one chrachter.

I might see you around sometime this week if I can tear myself away from GTA.

Sure!
    I'm still on pretty much nightly. This actually drags me away from GTA!
    And pretty much every other game i've got at the mo!
  • Phreedh 2 Nov 2004 15:18:11 683 posts
    Seen 11 months ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    So... was this ever released in Euroland? I'm soon entering the wonderfull world of full time gamers (aka unemployed people) and am looking for something to give my worthless existence some meaning and sense of achievement. A level grinding mmorpg might be my best bet for that. =)
  • mentat 2 Nov 2004 15:36:06 5,613 posts
    Seen 23 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Phreedh wrote:
    So... was this ever released in Euroland? I'm soon entering the wonderfull world of full time gamers (aka unemployed people) and am looking for something to give my worthless existence some meaning and sense of achievement. A level grinding mmorpg might be my best bet for that. =)

not yet. it's due soon.

However you can buy it online and download it.
  • Phreedh 2 Nov 2004 15:42:47 683 posts
    Seen 11 months ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    mentat wrote:
    I was more thinking of servers and such... I've always thought the euro launch meant they'd have european servers. But mayeb those are already in place? Or maybe it's of no great importance? =)
  • mentat 2 Nov 2004 15:56:25 5,613 posts
    Seen 23 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Phreedh wrote:
    mentat wrote:
    I was more thinking of servers and such... I've always thought the euro launch meant they'd have european servers. But mayeb those are already in place? Or maybe it's of no great importance? =)

ah. no there's no european servers atm, but it doesn't really matter in all honesty.

It's still unknown whether it'll be possible to transfer between servers when they become available...
  • kalel 2 Nov 2004 16:01:24 86,296 posts
    Seen 32 seconds ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I doubt you'll be able to transfer. You can't transfer between servers between teh already existing ones.

My question is, will owners of the US version be able to get onto the Euro servers at all? Also, when is CoV expected? I wonder if they will use that for the main Euro release.
  • Phreedh 2 Nov 2004 16:02:44 683 posts
    Seen 11 months ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Might end up looking into this... been thinking it sounds great for a year or so now. =) Is there any trial offer for it? Some mates are playing EVE and are pimping some trial account in my general direction all the time. I'll probably end up trying that too, but if COH would be more fun I'd gladly jump on it.

How's the soloing aspect of the game nowadays? How much boss camping is going on? One of the main things which turned me off on Anarchy Online was the endless boss camping and piggy backing on higher levels you had to do in order to get the stuff you needed for a decent soloing career.
  • kalel 2 Nov 2004 16:06:29 86,296 posts
    Seen 32 seconds ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I wouldn't recommend soloing. Its just not that kind of game. Repetitive and dull.

But, its easy to find a half decent team, and then the game instantly comes alive. FUN FUN FUN!!!!

Seriously, its great, Join ussss.
  • mentat 2 Nov 2004 16:11:07 5,613 posts
    Seen 23 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Phreedh wrote:
    Might end up looking into this... been thinking it sounds great for a year or so now. =) Is there any trial offer for it? Some mates are playing EVE and are pimping some trial account in my general direction all the time. I'll probably end up trying that too, but if COH would be more fun I'd gladly jump on it.
    There's no real trial - you get a free month's subscription with the price of the game, but that's about it.

How's the soloing aspect of the game nowadays? How much boss camping is going on? One of the main things which turned me off on Anarchy Online was the endless boss camping and piggy backing on higher levels you had to do in order to get the stuff you needed for a decent soloing career.
    Soloing is ok. I probably spend half the time soloing and half in a group. I tend to prefer playing with people i know, though it's easy to find others, and i've never really met any idiots. There are a couple around, but it's easy to find normal people!
    Not sure what you mean by boss camping. Most bosses are as a result of a mission that you are doing. Most missions can only be accessed by you or your team.
    Other than the occasional boss that spawns outside (i can only think of three or four) it's no problem. And besides, even when the badguy spawns outside, you'll need people to help take him down...
  • Phreedh 2 Nov 2004 16:43:48 683 posts
    Seen 11 months ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    In Anarchy Online, some "bosses" dropped rare no-drop items (ie, if you picked it up it couldn't be traded to other chararcters). They were the only source of the item, and they didn't drop it every time they were killed. Far from it, at times. The bosses were always around, unless killed. When killed they respawned on varying schedules. Some as often as every fifteenth (or so) minute, others once per hour... or every second hour. Etc etc etc.

Also, these bosses were out in the open in public spaces, so anyone could waltz up, steal your Guardian of Time kill and find the item you had been camping for half a day.

Since I'm a casual player who play for fun, I really don't like just waiting around in a game. If I want to socialize I'll go out and spend time with my mates, not sit around a camp fire on Rubi-Ka and tell stories about the leets of the forest and do emote moves.

Uh... rant over. It's safe to come out of your hiding places now. =)
  • mentat 2 Nov 2004 16:48:39 5,613 posts
    Seen 23 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    none of that shit!

There's no real pickups to speak about - that wouldn't happen.

You get a little kill stealing occurring, but not much.

When you kill a boss they sometimes give you influence (money) inspirations (temporary powerups) enhancements (powerups that you apply to your powers) and a badge - just for fun.
    But you wouldn't have anything like you mentioned.

Give it a try. What's the worst that can happen? :)
  • kalel 2 Nov 2004 16:49:25 86,296 posts
    Seen 32 seconds ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I know what you're talking about Phreedh, and have no fear, there's none of that. The only camping I ever did was last night, and it was a special Halloween boss that is gone now, and even then, everyone who fought him got the badge.

• Phreedh 2 Nov 2004 16:55:40 683 posts
    Seen 11 months ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    mentat wrote:
    I get addicted, fail to get a new job any time soon and end up feeling miserable? =)
  • mentat 2 Nov 2004 17:06:44 5,613 posts
    Seen 23 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Phreedh wrote:
    mentat wrote:
    I get addicted, fail to get a new job any time soon and end up feeling miserable? =)

Ah almost!
    you wouldn't be miserable, it's such great fun! :)
  • Amajiro 9 Nov 2004 18:13:49 2,214 posts
    Seen 23 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Right, based on the review and recommendations on this here forum I've signed up for this. I'm just downloading the first of the updates now. Anyone have any tips for a n00b?
  • kalel 9 Nov 2004 18:52:06 86,296 posts
    Seen 32 seconds ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Join the victory server. That's where most of the EG lot are. Post your name on here when you get one, so we can find you. I might go on in a bit so I can help you in game, but if you have any questions just post them here.
  • kalel 22 Dec 2004 14:27:53 86,296 posts
    Seen 32 seconds ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Bumped for Xensor.
  • sturgeon 22 Dec 2004 15:31:24 83 posts
    Seen 7 years ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    woohoo, just got accepted into the beta. will try this beauty tonight.
  • Xensor 23 Dec 2004 10:21:05 1,051 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    cheers kalel.

I've already invested a shitload of hours into this game - i just cant stop playing it! (And the fact its a beta and therefore time limited is also a motivating factor :p)

So far i've got two chars up and running - a lvl 6 natural scrapper called The Fallen Angel and a level 7 technology blaster called Xensor Hellion. I intend to get a char from each archtype up and running to give them all a good work out.

Does anyone know how long this beta will run for?
  • ave 23 Dec 2004 11:09:36 526 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I got in the beta

http://homepage.ntlworld.ie/patrick.hamilton7/imperator.gif
    http://homepage.ntlworld.ie/patrick.hamilton7/twee.gif
  • Xensor 29 Dec 2004 06:37:55 1,051 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Anyone playing this? We should make a Eurogamer super group :)
  • BlackJedi 29 Dec 2004 10:25:12 387 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I'm in the Euro beta.

If you see a semi-competent lvl 11 mutation blaster called "Ohm" with (wait for it) electrical powers, that's me. Often seen flying very slowly above the Hollows after I get disconnected deep in enemy territory and have to make my way back to safety without my team.

Mugshot
  • WriterUK 1 Jan 2005 20:24:58 58 posts
    Seen 5 years ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Good to see some EG forumites in the Beta.

I'm in there too... hope to see you in Paragon City. :)
  • Whizzo 5 Jan 2005 15:06:34 43,033 posts
    Seen 58 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    I'm in the beta!

Any tips for noob superheroes to get started with?

This space left intentionally blank.

• Necropolis 5 Jan 2005 15:42:04 896 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Whizzo wrote:
    I'm in the beta!

Any tips for noob superheroes to get started with?
    I started the Beta yesterday. From what I can find out, the fun really starts at level6.

I do have to say though, the character creation options do allow for the biggest beard in the world! Naturally my wizened old kung fu master type has it :D

I just hope the beta lasts a while...
  • Whizzo 5 Jan 2005 15:43:15 43,033 posts
    Seen 58 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    The retail release is Feb 4th so it's not long really.

• kalel 5 Jan 2005 15:46:37 86,296 posts
    Seen 32 seconds ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    When that come round we will have to make sure we all join the same server. Watch this space.
  • Necropolis 5 Jan 2005 15:47:07 896 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Whizzo wrote:
    The retail release is Feb 4th so it's not long really.
    Bugger, thats not long at all. Will have to play it lots.

One of these days, I will find a MMORPG that will keep up with my attention span and make me want to pay the monthly bill.

• Whizzo 5 Jan 2005 23:43:44 43,033 posts
    Seen 58 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Well I've just spent the first couple of hours in the game and I'm rather enjoying it. Just did a few missions, levelled up a few times and taken out a hell of a lot crims as I passed by!

My character is Wartorn, a natural blaster who rather likes his assault rifle a bit too much. To be honest I'm sure the character isn't all there really, look at his terrible taste in colours! :-)

• mentat 6 Jan 2005 09:23:36 5,613 posts
    Seen 23 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    you're all bastards!

Why the hell didn't you all play before when i was pimping it eh?

/goes back to CoH issue 3.

Ohh look! A squid!
  • Page

of 55 First / Last