City of Heroes Page 2

• Page

of 55 First / Last

• kalel 8 Jul 2004 11:35:34 87,734 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I went into Perez park last night and things got very hectic. There was a level 15 in there doing laps and and just hearding up huge groups of thugs and then starting massive battles with them. A group of seven of us got stuck in and it was absolute carnage. Never seen anything like it. Got cained a good few times though and now I have a very unhealthy XP debt.

As every day passes my love for you grows CoH.
  • kalel 20 Jul 2004 17:54:23 87,734 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Ah, time to put another post in my own private thread.

Okay, this will be my final attempt (maybe) at convincing you guys to give this a go. Trust me, this game is just great.

It is just so instantly gratifying. People are complaining that its shallow, and it may be compared to EQ or FFXI, but for me its just perfect. I don't have the time for all that crap. I wanna play for a couple of hours, join a team, kill some bad dudes, level up, get some cool new superpowers, kill some more bad dudes, and go to bed.

In a way its a shame that they didn't do this on xbox or something, as to me it feels more of a console game. The combat is very reminiscent of KoToR, and the shorter playing times would appeal to console gamers I think.

I really hope that this gets released over here as it has completely changed my mind about this kind of game. They can be instantly fun. They can be played for short periods of time. They don't have to be horribly pretentious.

Oh just get it...
  • TipTop 20 Jul 2004 18:48:55 737 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Im up for it but waiting for the Euro servers to be online (see EG today). Then the world will behold the wonder that is ...

...erm

...Tard Catcher?

/coat

8/10. Better than ...

• mentat 2 Aug 2004 10:56:54 5,613 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    *bump*

I bought this at the weekend, thanks to playing it at a mate's house.

Stonking!
    I'm currently playing a level 8 Blaster on Victory.

Would be up for some online fun...

One question though - i keep suffering terrible lag, and get connection to map server lost messages.

I've opened the ports on my router, but still no luck.
    Anyone else experienced these problems at all?

Went online with two of my mates yesterday. They are both level 20s - i sidekicked with one of them, and was able to take out level 23 enemies! W00t!
  • mugwump 2 Aug 2004 11:33:41 654 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    mentat,

Make sure you exit out of msn messenger plus any other programs running in the background. I found those to be the principle cause of lag..
  • mentat 2 Aug 2004 11:57:45 5,613 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    well the only two other things i had running were trillian and zonealarm. going to kill both of them tonight and see if that makes a difference.
  • kalel 2 Aug 2004 12:14:21 87,734 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Since the update last week I have been having a lot of problems staying connected to the server, as have a lot of my SG. Its also got noticably moer laggy. But yeah, make sure you don't have any backgrounds running, it don't like it.

I've got a pretty decent Super Group now, but it would be good to play with some EG people, or even some people that I don't have to wait until midnight for them to come online. Maybe I'll start a charachter on Vitory and see if I can find you. What's your name?

If you want any hints and tips on what powers/pools to go for, feel free to ask. I wish I'd had some advice before I'd got effing foe tp.

Glad you're in and enjoying it though. Come EG, Paragon City needs the Eurotards super group.
  • mentat 2 Aug 2004 13:13:21 5,613 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    kalel wrote:
    Since the update last week I have been having a lot of problems staying connected to the server, as have a lot of my SG. Its also got noticably moer laggy. But yeah, make sure you don't have any backgrounds running, it don't like it.

I've got a pretty decent Super Group now, but it would be good to play with some EG people, or even some people that I don't have to wait until midnight for them to come online. Maybe I'll start a charachter on Vitory and see if I can find you. What's your name?

If you want any hints and tips on what powers/pools to go for, feel free to ask. I wish I'd had some advice before I'd got effing foe tp.

Glad you're in and enjoying it though. Come EG, Paragon City needs the Eurotards super group.

Hmm. Odd. Neither of my friends has a problem at the moment.
    I'll keep fiddling until i can get a resolution.

I'm currently playing a character called Buglossus. Surprisingly he looks like a bug...

Should be online late tonight...
  • kalel 2 Aug 2004 13:19:39 87,734 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Okay cool. I'll have to meet up with the SG if they are online, as if I lag behind them anymore I'll never catch up XP (bloody Americans and their 6 month summers), but if there is nobody there I'll start a new chrachter on Victory and see it I can find you. If you ever fancy coming to find me, I have two on Infinity called Wrenchman and The Goodfather, and I have one on Freedom called The Marketeer.

Enjoy the game mate, its quality :)
  • mentat 2 Aug 2004 14:16:25 5,613 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    kalel wrote:
    Okay cool. I'll have to meet up with the SG if they are online, as if I lag behind them anymore I'll never catch up XP (bloody Americans and their 6 month summers), but if there is nobody there I'll start a new chrachter on Victory and see it I can find you. If you ever fancy coming to find me, I have two on Infinity called Wrenchman and The Goodfather, and I have one on Freedom called The Marketeer.

Enjoy the game mate, its quality :)

Shouldn't be a problem with the XP gap though - get one of them to sidekick you and you'll zip up in no time. I was sidekicked yesterday and went from level 5 to level 8 in about an hour...
  • kalel 2 Aug 2004 16:23:28 87,734 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Well, yeah thats kinda true to a certain extent, but your enhancements bars on your powers won't be as high, and certain areas can't be entered until you are a certain level. Plus, you cant do things like Task Force or Super Group missions unless you are the right level.

So yeah, SKs are ok, but they do drag a team down a bit, especially if there is a really big difference.
  • Phreedh 2 Aug 2004 16:54:15 683 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    I really want to try this one out, was keeping an eye on it before it's release but sort of forgot. I'll have to wait though as I'm not living at home the coming month due to renovations and won't have the time to geek away completely. =(

I was looking around the coh-site but couldn't find any place to get it without ordering a hard copy from a store. Is this correct?

/Phreedh
  • kalel 2 Aug 2004 16:58:06 87,734 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Check earlier in the thread, there is a link to d/l it.

It might be worth waiting though, I think the Europe release is not too far away now.
  • mentat 2 Aug 2004 17:36:11 5,613 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Phreedh, if you go to plaync.com and set up an account, you can then buy a license for the game from that site. That gives you a download link. It's about 800 meg download. Once you've done that you can then set up the monthly fee too.

It's a bit of faffing, but it's easier than arsing about ordering a boxset.
  • kalel 18 Oct 2004 13:18:16 87,734 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Bump

Is anyone out there playing this at the moment? I reacquainted myself with it over the weekend, and wondered if mentat, mugwump or anyone else out there was playing this anymore.

We really do need to do a Eurotards Super Group.
  • mentat 18 Oct 2004 13:34:08 5,613 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    kalel wrote:
    Bump

Is anyone out there playing this at the moment? I reacquainted myself with it over the weekend, and wondered if mentat, mugwump or anyone else out there was playing this anymore.

We really do need to do a Eurotards Super Group.
    Yes mate. I'm on nightly with some mates.
    Rutty's on occasionally too

when you next log, add me as a friend - Buglossus.

give me a shout, and you could join our team (we normally team for missions or simple hunting)

edit: BTW we are on Victory server...

Edited by mentat at 12:35:31 18-10-2004
  • kalel 18 Oct 2004 13:35:53 87,734 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Will do. You're on Victory Yeah? I have had to start a new charachter 'cos I didn't have one on that server after all. I'm called The Huge Healer, and I should be on tonight.

I'm only level 6 though :(
  • Nemesis 18 Oct 2004 13:36:20 18,655 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    How we finding it all? Getting bored yet?
  • kalel 18 Oct 2004 13:41:34 87,734 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I got bored, then got into it again.

The latest update has fleshed it out a bit more and there are now a few non-combat based missions and such, but I think they are there just to break up the action a little.

Basically, if you have a good team that works well, its extremely satisfying and fun, but if you don't then it can be quite dull, but then, I find that to be the case with most team based online games.

Anway, you get to be a superhero. A frikkin' SUPERHERO. With superpowers!!!. What more could you want?
  • Nemesis 18 Oct 2004 13:43:47 18,655 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Tea and cake?

• kalel 18 Oct 2004 13:45:50 87,734 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    It could probably be arranged.
  • Nemesis 18 Oct 2004 13:51:04 18,655 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Oooooooooooooh.

How about a wireless card fer me PC.

God has decided that running a Cat5 cable across the house to the router wasn't very nice and fucked me cable up. Tried it to the router. No dice. Tried it to the Blueyonder box. No dice. Xbox and PB still go online.

Must be the cable.

Arse.
  • mentat 18 Oct 2004 14:02:54 5,613 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    kalel wrote:
    Will do. You're on Victory Yeah? I have had to start a new charachter 'cos I didn't have one on that server after all. I'm called The Huge Healer, and I should be on tonight.

I'm only level 6 though :(

Oh. Coolio.
    I have another lower char - but if you team with us we'd be able to power level you in no time!

I think myself and a friend managed to boost Rutty three levels in one night last week :)

I'll be on tonight too - give me a shout!

And Nemmy - No mate. Far from it - i find i get more absorbed as i go on. New missions, new powers etc. Lots to find. Especially now they've brought in the badges. Lots of fun tasks there.
  • kalel 18 Oct 2004 14:04:34 87,734 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Oh yeah. What is the deal with the badges? They're new, and I had no idea what that was all about. Is it good or just a filler?

Oooo Power-levelling. Sounds good, thanks :)
  • mentat 18 Oct 2004 14:15:18 5,613 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    kalel wrote:
    Oh yeah. What is the deal with the badges? They're new, and I had no idea what that was all about. Is it good or just a filler?

Oooo Power-levelling. Sounds good, thanks :)

Bit of both in all honesty. For instance some of them you get for completing a certain mission. There is a badge for defeating the big bosses (like babbage etc)

Some of them are just for exploring, others are awarded when you reach certain goals - ie there's one for hitting level 10, 20, there's one for debt (which i can't be too far away from :D)

Other than having an impressive collection and a small title under your char's name, there's not much else to it.
    Still it's fun nonetheless!

NP with the power levelling. It might be a bit tricky cos of the level gaps, but i'm sure we can sort something out!
  • kalel 2 Nov 2004 14:08:19 87,734 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Did anyone else go trick or treating over the weekend in this?
  • mentat 2 Nov 2004 14:41:30 5,613 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    kalel wrote:
    Did anyone else go trick or treating over the weekend in this?

Yep! spent a fair while in there.

Got all six badges for both my characters!

Kept an eye out for you, but didn't see you :(
  • kalel 2 Nov 2004 14:45:02 87,734 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I made it in pretty late on Sunday night, I'm sure we'll meet in the end.

I didn't get the vampire or Werewolf badges, but got the rest. Thing is, it took me bloody hours, just standing at one door opening it over and over and over, and for what? Basically nada. I wish the badges did something. Even if it was just collect a certain amount and get a new mission source or something. I don't know, they could have done loads of things with them. Feels like a wasted opportunity to me.

Still having fun though.
  • mentat 2 Nov 2004 15:01:06 5,613 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    kalel wrote:
    I made it in pretty late on Sunday night, I'm sure we'll meet in the end.

I didn't get the vampire or Werewolf badges, but got the rest. Thing is, it took me bloody hours, just standing at one door opening it over and over and over, and for what? Basically nada. I wish the badges did something. Even if it was just collect a certain amount and get a new mission source or something. I don't know, they could have done loads of things with them. Feels like a wasted opportunity to me.

Still having fun though.

Ah the trick was to team with people. With a group of eight of your there was pretty much always tricks coming out of the door.

I managed to gain a level on both my characters just through trick or treating. I teamed with people a couple of levels above me, so i was getting wicked xp from their kills.
  • kalel 2 Nov 2004 15:04:25 87,734 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Pffft. I was teamed with lower levels who convinced me it didn't matter as it was all about the badges. I did still level though, but only with one chrachter.

I might see you around sometime this week if I can tear myself away from GTA.
  • Page

of 55 First / Last