Selling an old PSP to a mate, how much should I ask for it?

• Page

of 1

Previous Next
  • yegon 4 May 2009 17:54:33 4,909 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    It's the original version, good condition, with a 1gb card.

Don't want to fleece him, nor do I want to be a complete soft touch. Suggestions?
  • PhoenixFlames 4 May 2009 17:57:00 8,782 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Not really taking the card in to account because they are so cheap now. 70-75

edit: if he's a really good friend 65

I drive an automatic 'cause I'm too cool to change gears.

PSN - phoenix1flames

• yegon 4 May 2009 17:59:15 4,909 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Yeah, a 1gb card is laughable, I'm only chucking it in 'cos it's no use to me. That much though? I was thinking about 50, but I suppose I'm out of the loop.
  • PhoenixFlames 4 May 2009 18:01:47 8,782 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    yegon wrote:
    Yeah, a 1gb card is laughable, I'm only chucking it in 'cos it's no use to me. That much though? I was thinking about 50, but I suppose I'm out of the loop.

I just looked at www.cex.co.uk and took their price for an old boxed fat model - 75.

So that's why I edited and said 65. Depending on condition I'd say it's up to you between 55 and 70.

PSN - phoenix1flames

• yegon 4 May 2009 18:03:16 4,909 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Cheers. Only had a quick look at ebay and didn't really come to any conclusions.
  • Deleted user 4 May 2009 18:03:29
    I would think 50 is a fair price what with a new PSP on the way, if its an old PSP it depends on the firmware, did you keep it up to date? Does your friend intend to use it to play legit games or for emulation and other naughty things? :o
  • yegon 4 May 2009 18:12:17 4,909 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Vertical Stand wrote:
    I would think 50 is a fair price what with a new PSP on the way, if its an old PSP it depends on the firmware, did you keep it up to date? Does your friend intend to use it to play legit games or for emulation and other naughty things? :o

Naughty stuff certainly.

It's aaaages since I updated the custom firmware on it, it's probably about 3.71. What is it these days? I've actually got a slim now that's about the same cfw iirc.

I'll probably update the cfw on it before I sell it, he wouldn't have a clue how to do it.

Call it 50, no negotiation I think.
  • SharksInYourMouth 4 May 2009 18:14:14 1,960 posts
    Seen 3 years ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Just the PSP, not throwing in any bonuses or games, just the 1GB card with it? Might as well sell the games you have for it too him as well if you're sure you're through with it
  • SharksInYourMouth 4 May 2009 18:14:15 1,960 posts
    Seen 3 years ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Post deleted
  • PhoenixFlames 4 May 2009 18:15:51 8,782 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I don't think he'd want the firmware updated if he wants to do naughty stuff on it.

PSN - phoenix1flames

• yegon 4 May 2009 18:20:15 4,909 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    PhoenixFlames wrote:
    I don't think he'd want the firmware updated if he wants to do naughty stuff on it.

No no, I mean update the hacked firmware. What is it at these days?

If I gave it him now, he'd unknowingly update it with the official fw and then instantly regret it :)
  • Deleted user 4 May 2009 18:21:10
    PhoenixFlames wrote:

Agreed, like how I've suddenly made "naughty stuff" into the new official lingo for piracy.

Not something I do myself but yeah I believe older firmware is easier for custom files to work on, there's a thread here that covers all that.

EDIT: Nevermind you just explained you meant hacked firmware.

So if this is what your friend wants it for, best set it up the way he wants it so its easier for them to do so. You can add another five-ten quid onto the price I first gave for the trouble, make em pay the spoony bard! :D
  • coastal 4 May 2009 18:52:42 5,372 posts
    Seen 23 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    a fat pink one was going on ebay buy it now for 60 the other day.

but, i mean, who would?

bf3: sergeant_shaftoe

• Page

of 1

Previous Next