How big are your biceps boy? Page 2

  • Page

    of 3 First / Last

  • The-Bodybuilder 1 May 2009 11:42:20 14,054 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Wastelander wrote:
    Interesting character though. Imagine becoming an urban legend in your own lifetime.

    Indeed. The dude's got me intruiged. How do you become an urban myth? Imagine being a the boy that he comes up to, then you realise all those urban myths are actually true, and the dude's standing next to you.

    Makes me think of other urban myths around my area.
    /remembers "Spanner Man", the man with a hidden spanner in his giant afro, who would hit you with it if you looked at him funny.
  • The-Bodybuilder 1 May 2009 11:43:03 14,054 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    LOL, there are even cartoons of the guy.
  • RabidChild 1 May 2009 11:43:57 2,288 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Having grown up on Merseyside, I always thought Purple Aki was an urban myth and was shocked when I found out he was a real guy!
  • smoothpete 1 May 2009 11:44:06 31,322 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Here on wiki
  • The-Bodybuilder 1 May 2009 11:48:13 14,054 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Oh, and he was also charged for witness intimitation (according to wiki).

    I can't believe I missed out on this history.
  • cubbymoore 1 May 2009 11:52:14 36,468 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    That's crazy and brilliant, how an urban legend can grow and then turn out to be true. Who's the furthest from merseyside here who's heard of it?
  • The-Bodybuilder 1 May 2009 11:53:41 14,054 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    During the court case, details of Arobieke's "stalkerís manual" were disclosed; a book Arobieke had compiled that was "full of details about victims' body measurements, contact numbers and families."

    Duuuuuuuuuuude.
  • Deleted user 1 May 2009 11:56:06
    Nice reading, that wiki! Does this mean 30th of April is Purple Aki Day at EG?
  • Wastelander 1 May 2009 11:56:47 1,848 posts
    Seen 4 years ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I would of claimed I was a renegade personal trainer.
  • The-Bodybuilder 1 May 2009 11:57:13 14,054 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    'Purple Aki' was said to have earned his name because he was "so black he was purple"

    BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!
  • MetalDog 1 May 2009 11:58:34 23,708 posts
    Seen 11 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    The Bodybuilder wrote:
    Makes me think of other urban myths around my area.
    /remembers "Spanner Man", the man with a hidden spanner in his giant afro, who would hit you with it if you looked at him funny.

    *laugh*

    I bet a lot of them have a grain of truth in them though. Around my way (at the time, Barnes), it was the screwdriver murderer, who had apparantly nailed foxes and other critters to trees around Barnes Common and it was 'only a matter of time before he does it to a person'.

    -- boobs do nothing for me, I want moustaches and chest hair.

  • Spin_Dr_Wolf 1 May 2009 12:02:27 6,170 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Pfft, why are most men suddenly so lame and pathetic as soon as another man shows them any attention. Oh noes he touched my arm, I FEEL VIOLATED !
  • JuanKerr 1 May 2009 12:03:31 36,192 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Racist.
  • Oh-Bollox 1 May 2009 12:04:41 5,155 posts
    Seen 44 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Arobieke was released on licence from prison on 26 October 2006. Unusually, Merseyside police applied to Liverpool Magistrates' Court for an interim Sexual Offences Prevention Order against him, although he was never convicted of a sex offence. Under the terms of the order, Arobieke was banned from...asking people to do squat exercises in public,

    Brilliant.
  • Deleted user 1 May 2009 12:06:08
    :D
  • Spanky 1 May 2009 12:12:48 14,458 posts
    Seen 30 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I'm sure there was a big bit of purple aki graffiti on a bridge up wembley way.

    Anyhoo

    Plubs

  • smoothpete 1 May 2009 13:49:02 31,322 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    cubbymoore wrote:
    That's crazy and brilliant, how an urban legend can grow and then turn out to be true. Who's the furthest from merseyside here who's heard of it?
    Well I've heard of him but that was either on here or on b3ta (think it was b3ta actually) rather than through playground urban legend
  • Oh-Bollox 1 May 2009 14:20:14 5,155 posts
    Seen 44 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    http://img375.imageshack.us/img375/8584/25fhoj8yl8.jpg
  • LeoliansBro 1 May 2009 14:21:43 43,170 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    smoothpete wrote:
    Here on wiki
    Ever been photographed in the same room as Razz?

    LB, you really are a massive geek.

  • The-Bodybuilder 1 May 2009 18:43:03 14,054 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    MetalDog wrote:
    The Bodybuilder wrote:
    Makes me think of other urban myths around my area.
    /remembers "Spanner Man", the man with a hidden spanner in his giant afro, who would hit you with it if you looked at him funny.

    *laugh*

    I bet a lot of them have a grain of truth in them though. Around my way (at the time, Barnes), it was the screwdriver murderer, who had apparantly nailed foxes and other critters to trees around Barnes Common and it was 'only a matter of time before he does it to a person'.

    LOL, I really wouldn't doubt if there was some truth too some of these myths.
    I remember a lot of folks being dead serious about spannerman.
  • DavetheDave 2 May 2009 04:44:43 1,391 posts
    Seen 5 years ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Did anyone else hear about the Chelsea Smiler gang?

    Or was that just dan salth?

    /really needs to get better at phonetic typing
  • twelveways 3 May 2009 16:54:56 3,843 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    He asked my mate to show him his muscles years ago, my mate was a bit flattered as he had just started working out and let him have a squeeze. It was only afterwards that he realised it was Purple Aki. we all thought he was an urban myth at school, according to the legends he would ask "Pop or Slash?" if you chose pop then he would rape you and kill you, if you chose slash he would kill you then rape you.
  • DavetheDave 3 May 2009 21:00:07 1,391 posts
    Seen 5 years ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    twelveways wrote:
    He asked my mate to show him his muscles years ago, my mate was a bit flattered as he had just started working out and let him have a squeeze. It was only afterwards that he realised it was Purple Aki. we all thought he was an urban myth at school, according to the legends he would ask "Pop or Slash?" if you chose pop then he would rape you and kill you, if you chose slash he would kill you then rape you.

    Choices, choices, choices.
  • faux_carnation 3 May 2009 21:07:25 9,040 posts
    Seen 20 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    RabidChild wrote:
    Having grown up on Merseyside, I always thought Purple Aki was an urban myth and was shocked when I found out he was a real guy!

    I'm from all the way over in Wigan and this guy's fame even made it over to us!
  • The-Bodybuilder 3 May 2009 21:13:45 14,054 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    twelveways wrote:
    He asked my mate to show him his muscles years ago, my mate was a bit flattered as he had just started working out and let him have a squeeze. It was only afterwards that he realised it was Purple Aki. we all thought he was an urban myth at school, according to the legends he would ask "Pop or Slash?" if you chose pop then he would rape you and kill you, if you chose slash he would kill you then rape you.

    Tough Call.
  • Khanivor 3 May 2009 21:28:44 40,359 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    There's been at least one thread on this chap here before. Same mugshot in the linked story. Surely there must be a newer one. It's not like the fella has kept a low profile from the police.
  • DavetheDave 4 May 2009 01:41:30 1,391 posts
    Seen 5 years ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    solly2 wrote:
    twelveways wrote:
    He asked my mate to show him his muscles years ago, my mate was a bit flattered as he had just started working out and let him have a squeeze. It was only afterwards that he realised it was Purple Aki. we all thought he was an urban myth at school, according to the legends he would ask "Pop or Slash?" if you chose pop then he would rape you and kill you, if you chose slash he would kill you then rape you.

    In my yoof, I saw him a few times. He used to frequent a gym in the kensington area. Always carried a plastic bag with him...

    I didn't think it would possible for this to get any weirder. What was the significance of the bag? Was it like the briefcase in Pulp Fiction?


    Pop or slash was a bumming or his initials carved into your buttocks, afaik.

    That makes a lot more sense (if such a thing can actually make any sense) than the choice of being dead before or after you're raped.
  • Page

    of 3 First / Last

Log in or register to reply