Registered 11 years ago
    I wish I still smoked.
  • Razz 28 Apr 2009 12:04:05 61,196 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    DavetheDave wrote:
    Lutz wrote:
    Razz wrote:
    LOL Yeah, I tend to be oblivious to some of the most obvious things in life. It's my curse, the curse of naivety.
    Naivity? Stupidty more like.

FFS Razz I don't smoke, never have done, and even I know this.

Proof, if ever it were needed, that only stupid people smoke.

:)
    *cough*

--------------------------------------------------------------------
    Steam/PSN/XBOX: Razztafarai | 3DS: 1246-9674-8856

• nickthegun 28 Apr 2009 12:04:39 59,854 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Smuggo wrote:
    I've told her hundreds of times to do that but she never learns.

You need to tell her..'properly'..

---------------------------------------------------------
    someone say something funny

• DavetheDave 28 Apr 2009 12:11:32 1,391 posts
    Seen 5 years ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Razz wrote:
    DavetheDave wrote:
    Lutz wrote:
    Razz wrote:
    LOL Yeah, I tend to be oblivious to some of the most obvious things in life. It's my curse, the curse of naivety.
    Naivity? Stupidty more like.

FFS Razz I don't smoke, never have done, and even I know this.

Proof, if ever it were needed, that only stupid people smoke.

:)
    *cough*

Touché.

Although, he probably started before people knew it was bad for you. :)
  • DavetheDave 28 Apr 2009 12:12:33 1,391 posts
    Seen 5 years ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    kalel wrote:
    I wish I still smoked.

But I bet everyone who cares about you is glad you don't.

/is also glad
  • DavetheDave 28 Apr 2009 12:14:28 1,391 posts
    Seen 5 years ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Smuggo wrote:
    Razz wrote:
    There is an art to smoking rolling tobacco. I've finally realised it after smoking the stuff for 5-odd years.

This morning, instead of just whacking it in a rizla and rollign it up I broke apart the compressed clumps and spread the baccy evenly over the length of the paper from the filter to the tip. It smoked so much better than what I usually roll. Even better than using the dryer leafs at the bottom of the packet.

Ah... now I want a smoke.

/goes to fire exit

I'm astounded you never thought to spread the tobacco before.

My girlfriend is totally useless at making rollups that smoke properly, mainly because she doesn't spread the tobacco first.

I've told her hundreds of times to do that but she never learns.

Does she always break the plates when doing the washing-up?

/suspects Smuggo's girlfriend is smarter than Smuggo realises
  • Razz 28 Apr 2009 12:17:42 61,196 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Smuggo wrote:
    Living gives you death, so maybe we'd better not try that either eh?
    LMFAO! :,D

• DavetheDave 28 Apr 2009 12:21:41 1,391 posts
    Seen 5 years ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Smuggo wrote:
    DavetheDave wrote:
    Touché.

Although, he probably started before people knew it was bad for you. :)

Since when was something being bad for you a reason to not do it?

It's all relative. Smoking only provides pleasure when you become dependent on it. Unlike most drugs I'm aware of (but haven't personally experienced), you have to work at smoking (as far as I know, most other drugs give you a high the first-time you use them).

You have to really fight smoking to get hooked on it. It makes you stink and damages your body and only provides a pleasure because you've made yourself addicted to it.

You're right, there are plenty of things that are bad for you that we do anyway, but smoking isn't one for me.

Taking no risks is no life at all. Totally agree. Smoking doesn't fall under the 'taking a worthwhile risk' to me, but that's just me.

Yes smoking may give you a slow and painful death, but there are plenty of other slow and painful ways to die for people who don't smoke too so who gives a fuck?

Because you're adding one more to the list.

It's nothing to me, beyond my concern for the people who smoke's health. That said, it's your body and your life, so you've no reason to listen to anyone else's view on the subject.
  • Stickman 28 Apr 2009 12:31:24 29,666 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I feel the same way about smack.

THIS SPACE FOR RENT

• BillMurray 28 Apr 2009 15:18:48 7,729 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Motherfucker.

Posting in this thread earlier jinxed me. I just went into town and through a lapse of judgement dropped a cigarette butt for the first time in quite a while and I got fucking spotted and given a fixed penalty notice. The pouch of drum i'd bougth half an hour earlier has effectively cost me £53.

.. and before anyone says, yes I know littering is bad, it's my fault for smoking ect.
  • Razz 28 Apr 2009 15:21:46 61,196 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Wow. I chuck ciggarette butts in the storm drain all the time. Didn't know I could get done for it. :(

• BillMurray 28 Apr 2009 15:23:28 7,729 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I'm so annoyed at myself because i'm usually really careful.
  • LeoliansBro 28 Apr 2009 15:25:05 44,118 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Smuggo wrote:
    This sort of trite smug middle england attempt at Wildean wit makes my blood LITERALLY boil.

LB, you really are a massive geek.

• Spanky 28 Apr 2009 15:28:24 14,501 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    /Lights fag on leolians bros burning blood
    /blows smoke in davethedaves face
    "I've just saved you from alzhiemers!"

Plubs

• Razz 28 Apr 2009 15:30:05 61,196 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    /jumps out of low flying giant space cunt

• localnotail 28 Apr 2009 15:30:49 23,093 posts
    Seen 7 months ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    smoothpete wrote:
    Cutters Choice, blue rizlas, swan extra slim filters (yellow packet - don't buy the black packet, they're shit and have bits of coconut shell in them)

this, when I did. Cutters Choice is much better than anything else. I liked menthol filters too.

Now I don't smoke tobacco. If I need to smoke other things, I have herbal smoking mix made up from Damiano, Passiflora and Skullcap. Stick half a filter in the end to stop it coming though, then a normal roach. Takes you 5 mins to actually get stoned, as the initial high from the tobacco is absent.

I don't miss smoking as much as I thought I would. The benefits outweigh the sacrifices.

A strange game. The only winning move is not to play.

• Spanky 28 Apr 2009 15:31:23 14,501 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    When i'm jumping out of space cunt i only ever smoke drum brand fags
    /wink

Plubs

• LeoliansBro 28 Apr 2009 15:32:09 44,118 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    /inhale deeply

/point at camera

/smile

LB, you really are a massive geek.

• Salaman 28 Apr 2009 15:35:30 19,035 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I quit smoking .. hmm.. what was it? 8 years ago?
    Can't say this thread makes me want to smoke again.

Roll-ups are disgusting anyway. :-)

• Razz 28 Apr 2009 15:39:07 61,196 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Burn the Heathen!

• rutter 28 Apr 2009 15:43:14 1,919 posts
    Seen 5 months ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I'm not a proper full-time smoker anymore - but I do still nick the odd rollie off my Mum.

She smokes golden virginia, green papers and no filters. Has done since she was 16 (now 62). My Dad smoked the same from 11 'til he had a heart attack in his mid fifties.

I remember when they ran out of baccy in the states and had to buy tailor mades. They bought Malboro reds and broke the filter off and smoked them neat! :)

Anyway, I was taught to roll ciggies at 11 - I used to make them for my Dad whilst he was driving. Saved him steering with his knees!

Obviously, like most, I honed the art in my teens ;)
  • L_Franko Moderator 28 Apr 2009 15:45:15 9,694 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Razz wrote:
    So urm... what brand do people smoke?

I smoke cutter choice, after upgrading from Amber Leaf. Never been a fan of that sweet sickly stuff whatiscalled... urm.. Golden Virinia. *horp* Oh and the dreaded Drum. Blergh.

Drum is the only smoke for me. Totally agree with Golden V though. Its not a nice smoke at all.
  • Goban 28 Apr 2009 15:45:48 9,054 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    American Spirit is my tobacco of choice when I partake. Doesn't have all the nasty additives in it, only the natural nasties :)
  • DavetheDave 28 Apr 2009 15:59:10 1,391 posts
    Seen 5 years ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Smuggo wrote:
    Like most drugs, smoking does give you a bit of a high at first, but it becomes dulled.

Really? Everyone I've ever spoken to about smoking has always told me how they found it a struggle when they took they first drags. I thought it was fairly standard that everyone has a coughing fit the first time they try to smoke. I even tried it once and I am eternally grateful it never did anything pleasurable for me.

That is difference when compared to my limited knowledge of other drug use people have told me about. I don't do them myself, so I can't comment from personal experience, but from what I've heard, if you drop a pill or do speed or cocaine or even crack, you get a high straight away. No coughing fit that makes you feel sick to your stomach.

However, maybe some people take to smoking like a duck to water and others have to fight to get hooked.

But for me I like the feel and flavour of the smoke in my mouth. I love cigars, but can't afford to smoke them very often unfortunately, and i smoke rollups because they taste nice, unlike cigarettes.

Fair enough. Live and let live is my attitude.

I'm actually cutting down on how much I smoke as I want to give up, but I just don't like people using terms like stupid etc towards smokers. Smokers know they're taking a risk, they know it's bad for them, but they've weighed up the pros and cons and decided it is for them in many cases.

Well I did say 'stupid' with a :) and it was after Razz had confessed to what would appear to have been a basic error. However, that said, I do think a lot of people start when they are very young and don't really understand the implications of smoking.

Also, I think a lot of people who smoke want to give up but don't have the means. I understand it is more addictive than heroin, so it's no wonder people have such a hard time giving up.

Are there any pros to smoking? Surely the only pro is the relaxation you get from feeding an addition you wouldn't have if you didn't smoke. I, as a non-smoker, wouldn't get any pleasure from having a smoke.

If i'd never smoked i'm fairly sure i'd never have met a lot of the interesting people I know, and I don't regret it at all.

Smirting? I know from companies I've worked at in the past, a lot of people make friends by having to congregate in one specific smoking zone. I'm sure there is a great social aspect to the smoking circle, but I guess that circle is getting smaller all the time (due to legislation, people's desire to give-up and dying of the disease).

Hey, if you like smoking it's nothing to do with me. I'm sorry if I offended you with my 'stupid people smoke' comment. I just think, given everything we know about smoking, it would be a strange decision to me if someone were to start smoking for the first time in this day and age.

A lot of people I know seriously regret starting in the first place and I consider myself lucky rather than clever that I never got a habit for smoking.
  • Page

of 5 First / Last