The *Official* LittleBigPlanet (Little Big Planet) PSP Thread Page 2

• Page

of 9 First / Last

• Syrok Designer, Tarsier Studios 24 Oct 2009 10:52:08 14,033 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Just posted some images of some of the costumes that will be in the PSP version.
    There will be DLC as well by the sound of it.

Link
    /plug
  • semtex03 24 Oct 2009 22:52:25 168 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Widge wrote:
    I really can't wait for this!

What will you do then!? Write it yourself ;-)

• yegon 25 Oct 2009 10:36:10 5,177 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    So, how will downloaded levels work? Only available when connected via wifi, or will you be able to cache/save a few?
  • Syrok Designer, Tarsier Studios 2 Nov 2009 12:45:06 14,033 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    You will be able so save them. :)

More impressions ;)
  • HiddenAway 8 Nov 2009 15:11:11 14,859 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    It approaches. Fast.

20th November release

On Twitter: @HiddenAway1

• Phily50 8 Nov 2009 15:16:19 2,199 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Here is a addition that no doubt many people would welcome in the PS3 version: You can choose whether a created object is ‘Static’ or ‘Dynamic’. That means instead of glueing a piece of dark matter to the object you can simply set it to ‘Static’ and it will have the same properties as a dark matter enhanced object. Of course if you change your mind you can always switch it back to ‘Dynamic’ and the object will act normally again.

Such a simple but great addition!
  • Flying_Pig 9 Nov 2009 10:51:56 10,738 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Great EG review on the front page (9/10)

Looks as good as I could have hoped, although no mention of any interaction between PSP and PS3 versions...?

This should be hitting my doormat very soon (well, the 20th)....
  • Syrok Designer, Tarsier Studios 9 Nov 2009 10:53:32 14,033 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Flying_Pig wrote:
    Looks as good as I could have hoped, although no mention of any interaction between PSP and PS3 versions...?
    There is no interaction so far, afaik.
  • jonsaan 9 Nov 2009 11:03:42 25,326 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I can't wait for this puppy.

FCUTA!

• Murbal 9 Nov 2009 11:23:21 21,947 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    jonsaan wrote:
    I can't wait for this puppy.

Ditto. Again, don't know whether to run with my pre-order or wait and see what the store price ends up being. If they can get in on the store on the same day that is ;-)
  • Flying_Pig 9 Nov 2009 11:30:28 10,738 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Syrok wrote:
    Flying_Pig wrote:
    There is no interaction so far, afaik.

Well that's a shame. It would have been great to be able to work on levels while on the move, and then upload to the PS3 once at home.

I hope the PSP community will be as strong as the PS3 one.
  • jonsaan 9 Nov 2009 12:20:32 25,326 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I'll be going for the store version as I can then play any MP with my son.

FCUTA!

• Roarster 9 Nov 2009 14:01:48 152 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I'd far rather have this on download from the store to avoid UMD faffing, but I really can't see it being any less than the RRP (£29.99) and there's no way I'll be paying that when I can get it from ShopTo for less than £20.

Prove me wrong Sony, prove me wrong!
  • Luckyjim 9 Nov 2009 17:54:35 2,872 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    The prices of Sony published games haven't been too bad. I think GTportable and MS:AE were launched at around £22. Maybe they'll do the same with LBP.
  • Roddy100 9 Nov 2009 21:35:15 752 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I've never played the original on PS3 but having read the Eurogamer review, I'm sold :o)

UMD or DD? That is the question.
  • Deleted user 10 November 2009 00:42:20
    UMD! Bought!
  • HiddenAway 10 Nov 2009 00:43:34 14,859 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Roddy100 wrote:
    I've never played the original on PS3 but having read the Eurogamer review, I'm sold :o)

UMD or DD? That is the question.

Sony exclusive? I would have put money on simultaneous release...

• Roddy100 11 Nov 2009 21:58:07 752 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    The free keyring that comes with UMD preorders is tempting but I'm thinking this game will be more suited to running from the memory stick. Being able to tinker with level creation on the bus in the morning without first having to fumble with a UMD is sounding pretty good to me.

What about everyone else? Are you planning on getting the download or UMD?
  • dsmx 11 Nov 2009 23:54:24 7,563 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Rumor has it that the full version has sneaked onto the torrent sites.

"If we hit that bullseye the rest of the dominoes will fall like a a house of cards, checkmate." Zapp Brannigan

• Widge Moderator 12 Nov 2009 09:54:25 13,273 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    No CFW :(
    I used to like trying before buying that way. I will Twitter MM and ask if a demo will be going up on the store.

_ _ _

www.unpaused.co.uk - electronic noise adjective salad

• Widge Moderator 12 Nov 2009 09:55:54 13,273 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Phily50 wrote:
    Here is a addition that no doubt many people would welcome in the PS3 version: You can choose whether a created object is ‘Static’ or ‘Dynamic’. That means instead of glueing a piece of dark matter to the object you can simply set it to ‘Static’ and it will have the same properties as a dark matter enhanced object. Of course if you change your mind you can always switch it back to ‘Dynamic’ and the object will act normally again.

Such a simple but great addition!

The solution to "oh, bits of my level have fallen off all of a sudden!" :D

_ _ _

www.unpaused.co.uk - electronic noise adjective salad

• NoCodeNed2 12 Nov 2009 10:55:05 62 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Anyone know why Eurogamer gives it 9/10 but Eurogamer Italy gives it 7/10?? It's main criticism seeming to be "why play it on PSP when you can play it on PS3".

Seriously, that's beyond backward - I think someone in Eurogamer towers needs to have words with their Italian counterparts - sloppy EG.it, very sloppy.
  • dsmx 12 Nov 2009 20:57:05 7,563 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Well having played it can definitely say it's brilliant, my only real complaint is that while they've given the sackboy the ability to make faces there's no point to it as the camera is so zoomed out that you can only see the expression at the end of the level. Seems like they could of spent the time instead getting multiplayer in the game.

"If we hit that bullseye the rest of the dominoes will fall like a a house of cards, checkmate." Zapp Brannigan

• HiddenAway 12 Nov 2009 21:08:07 14,859 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    dsmx wrote:
    Well having played it can definitely say it's brilliant, my only real complaint is that while they've given the sackboy the ability to make faces there's no point to it as the camera is so zoomed out that you can only see the expression at the end of the level. Seems like they could of spent the time instead getting multiplayer in the game.

Multiplayer was too resource hungry to be put in the PSP version. Even if they could do it on the PSPGo, that would lock out older PSP users and force them to upgrade to play with other people.

Wait...

• asphaltcowboy 12 Nov 2009 21:44:26 5,138 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    dsmx wrote:
    lol yes, because the development time spent giving Sackboy some facial expressions is almost identical to that of putting a fully-fledged multiplayer experience into an already feature-packed handheld game!
  • dsmx 12 Nov 2009 23:03:34 7,563 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    all I was saying was that the dev time that went into the expressions could of been better spent in other areas.

• Deleted user 13 November 2009 08:55:47
    Fair enough, however I put it to you the time spent porting those funny faces you barely see could've been better spent by SCEE Cambridge designing a MediEvil themed level and props for gamers to play with (should note I have no idea what secrets are hidden away, or evil DLC for people to buy a week after release).
  • Murbal 13 Nov 2009 09:02:10 21,947 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    NoCodeNed2 wrote:
    Anyone know why Eurogamer gives it 9/10 but Eurogamer Italy gives it 7/10?? It's main criticism seeming to be "why play it on PSP when you can play it on PS3".

Seriously, that's beyond backward - I think someone in Eurogamer towers needs to have words with their Italian counterparts - sloppy EG.it, very sloppy.

Exactly - it's totally missing the point isn't it? Plus I can't play it on PS3 as I don't have one.
  • Syrok Designer, Tarsier Studios 17 Nov 2009 12:58:38 14,033 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    There is a demo on the HK store. I bet there will be one on the European stores later as well.
  • Flying_Pig 17 Nov 2009 13:19:00 10,738 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Cool - although it looks like Play.com are shipping today, so I might even get my copy early. :)

Just thinking about this more: I assume user-created levels can be uploaded/downloaded so we can still share them as with the PS3 version?

I want some Syrok created levels! :)
  • Page

of 9 First / Last