Moon - now with spoilers! Page 8

• Page

of 10 First / Last

• localnotail 18 Aug 2009 22:04:41 23,093 posts
    Seen 9 months ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I just smoke my reds when the alarms sound ( #6 )

A strange game. The only winning move is not to play.

• Dirtbox 24 Oct 2009 11:30:23 78,846 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Finally got to see this.

Loved it, it was all sorts of brilliant.

As for radiation poisoning, they've all been up there for over a decade at least, why should it only effect the activated clones? Pretty sure that's the clone lifespan. Also it was pretty obvious there were rather more than the one base with a Sam and Gerty, the entire dark side of the moon could have one every 200km or so.

Also, there wouldn't have to be any training involved, implanted memories would do the same thing.

+1 / Like / Tweet this post

• Razz 24 Oct 2009 11:51:16 61,615 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Glad you got to see this one deebs. It's definitely one of the better Sci-Fi offerings this year.

--------------------------------------------------------------------
    Steam/PSN/XBOX: Razztafarai | 3DS: 1246-9674-8856
    --------------------------------------------------------------------

• Dirtbox 24 Oct 2009 11:54:30 78,846 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    I've been banging my head against a wall for missing it.

Best sci fi offering for 10 years imo.

+1 / Like / Tweet this post

• Telepathic.Geometry 24 Oct 2009 11:57:15 11,478 posts
    Seen 45 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I don't see all the fuss about Moon to be honest. I thought it was decent, but not great. Very much underwhelmed by it actually.

|| PSN Barrysama || NNID Barrysama ||

• StixxUK 25 Oct 2009 23:23:09 7,272 posts
    Seen 21 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Watched this, it was good.

It didn't occur to me that there were probably loads of other bases with their own clones. I've always been crap at things like that though, you know - spotting plot twists and the like. I usually just sit down and take whatever the film throws at me without working anything out for myself.
  • jellyhead 25 Oct 2009 23:36:03 24,350 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    I'd spoiler tag that, mate :)

This signature intentionally left blank.

• BinaryBob101 26 Oct 2009 01:57:12 24,113 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Stixx, you are an utter cunt.

www.TheGrumpyVaper.com

• urban 26 Oct 2009 02:08:04 11,037 posts
    Seen 22 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    i'm averting my eyes while typing this but i agree, you would be a bastard with you hadn't put spoiler tags on. that is all.
  • Ged42 26 Oct 2009 07:48:25 7,776 posts
    Seen 41 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Can a mod go in and spoiler post that?

Dirtbox wrote:
    Finally got to see this.

As for radiation poisoning, they've all been up there for over a decade at least, why should it only effect the activated clones? Pretty sure that's the clone lifespan. Also it was pretty obvious there were rather more than the one base with a Sam and Gerty, the entire dark side of the moon could have one every 200km or so.

Also, there wouldn't have to be any training involved, implanted memories would do the same thing.

Well the clone lab/nursery seemed to a way underground which might give more protection from solar radiation. I dunno, maybe there's a mysterious moon disease like Moon Mumps or the Lunar Lurgi or maybe the Lunar dust slowly seeps in to the skin clogging up artieries and lungs.
  • Spanky 26 Oct 2009 09:19:39 14,585 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I took it for granted that each clone only had a 2 year lifespan for whatever reason(an engineered flaw or a side effect from being a clone), after or close to that time they start to break down physically. Didn't it show in the videos of the previous clones were all getting sick toward the end of their contract and put themselves into cryo-sleep to keep them safe till there return to earth.

Anyhoo yeah a nice Outer Limits episode. 9/10.

Plubs

• Deleted user 29 November 2009 20:07:52
    Post deleted
  • Deleted user 29 November 2009 20:13:00

Dirtbox wrote:
    Finally got to see this.

Strange I suppose you're right Dirtbox. That actually answers one of my problems with the plot. I kept thinking one base providing all that energy to support Earth? I guess many thousands of bases would make sense, but other bases weren't suggested in the film, they missed a trick there with the ending, as the healthy guy blasts off, they could have had an awesome zoom-out of the moon showing the lights of all the moon bases.
  • Deleted user 29 November 2009 20:54:30
    Its worth a watch. DVD though, there's really no need to get the Blu-Ray
  • Deleted user 29 November 2009 20:56:29
    I got it on itunes. You can probably get it for free from the usual places like, though.
  • Deleted user 29 November 2009 20:59:20
    Spanky wrote:
    I took it for granted that each clone only had a 2 year lifespan for whatever reason(an engineered flaw or a side effect from being a clone), after or close to that time they start to break down physically. Didn't it show in the videos of the previous clones were all getting sick toward the end of their contract and put themselves into cryo-sleep to keep them safe till there return to earth.
    This, not sure why everyone else though it was rad poisoning, especially as it came on so quick
  • Ged42 29 Nov 2009 21:51:02 7,776 posts
    Seen 41 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    CrispyXUK wrote:
    Spanky wrote:
    This, not sure why everyone else though it was rad poisoning, especially as it came on so quick

That was my fault, I just thought it might be with the bleeding, hairloss and high surface radiation levels on the moon. But yeah it probably is just the clones decaying as they reach the end of their lifespan, especially since the base is underground and the rovers and suits look quite heavily built.
  • Deleted user 29 November 2009 21:54:49
    CrispyXUK wrote:
    Spanky wrote:

never thought it was rad poisoning, just thought they'd managed to develop a clone and set it's lifespan perfect for 3 years. Also, the clone getting sick in the last few days would make them want to return home and get treatment, very clever.
  • Deleted user 29 November 2009 21:55:38
    PS: this entire thread is a spoiler, if you haven't seen it, watch it, then come back :D All I can see is a sea of spoiler tags
  • Pirotic Moderator 29 Nov 2009 21:59:57 20,648 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Don't think I ever posted in here, I saw it a while back.

Really liked it. Wasn't what I was expecting at all, for some reason I had it in my mind that it had some sort of twist at the end where you want to watch it all over again, so when they introduced the clones I was a bit surprised and still sort of half expecting another twist which never happened, I guess it's one movie where ideally you want to go into it knowing absolutely nothing.

I thought it was pretty clear the clones were only 'built' to live for 2 years, so after that they'd get ill, put themselves in the pod, and get turned into dust ready for the next clone to come out of storage. The video diary of the previous sam's all showed the same signs the closer they got to returning home.

Great little film, the special effects were clearly done dirt cheap as it was during the writers strike and the FX team had nothing else to work on. The robot was a bit too tongue in cheek and blatantly making fun the viewer no doubt jumping to 2001 HAL assumptions.

• Ged42 29 Nov 2009 22:03:15 7,776 posts
    Seen 41 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    But you know if we don't have spoiler tags someone will come along complaining that we spoilt it for them.
  • Pirotic Moderator 29 Nov 2009 22:08:30 20,648 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    To be fair, if somebody had told me he was a ghost before I watched it, I'd be pretty pissed.
  • Deleted user 29 November 2009 22:10:19
    Ged42 wrote:
    But you know if we don't have spoiler tags someone will come along complaining that we spoilt it for them.

heh, true, but in the last few pages of this thread, seems like everyone has seen it and wants to talk about it and the spoiler tags make it difficult to read. It would have been better if a mod changed the title of the thread for us to something like Moon the film - spoilers within.
  • Pirotic Moderator 29 Nov 2009 22:11:39 20,648 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    and so it was done!
  • Deleted user 29 November 2009 22:12:54
    @pirotic.

3 years.

/pedant.
  • Deleted user 29 November 2009 22:14:24
    Pirotic wrote:
    and so it was done!

If they have a mod of the year at the Christmas Party well it's not you

haha!

No, it's you.

Cheers.
  • Deleted user 29 November 2009 22:25:36
    brotherbob wrote:
    Yay now with spoilers. I love the bit at the end where Keyser Soze jumps out of GERTY and walks across the moons surface while shaking off a limp. Cinema gold.

It would have been a nice twist though for him to be inside... he gets out and says "what, A.I. isn't that far developed yet" and goes to the fridge naked.
  • Deleted user 29 November 2009 22:26:32
    white_frank_white wrote:
    The clones aren't exactly a spoiler. Considering a) even blizeh could probably work it out straight away b) it has 'Sam Bells Cone' on imdb.com cast listings

haha! Hang on, isn't sam bells clone, sam bell?
  • Page

of 10 First / Last