Battlefield: Bad Company 2 (console version) Page 525

• Page

of 533 First / Last

• AcidSnake 11 Jul 2012 13:24:14 7,270 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Says Andy who joined just when we managed to swat that damn chopper :)

AcidSnake - He can't see your sig, avatar, images or vids and talks about himself in the third person because he's proper old-skool...UID 24017

• andytheadequate 11 Jul 2012 15:45:35 8,173 posts
    Seen 17 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I don't consider them to be doing anything they shouldn't be doing. They are annoying though. It is really annoying but not against the spirit of the game. Just wish it was more balanced.

I have a lot of chopper kills in bc2 and especially bf3 so can't really judge too much :)
  • Mr-Brett 11 Jul 2012 15:53:19 12,797 posts
    Seen 40 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Well technically taking advantage of an imbalance and mercilessly and ultimately pointlessly spawn killing an entire team constantly isn't against any rules, whether it's against the spirit of the game is rather more subjective.

Level 37 Social Justice Warrior

• shamblemonkee 11 Jul 2012 16:01:14 14,392 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Using a tactic for which there's not counter i.e CoD in a chopper is enough to make me quit out.

always amazed me that it wasn't altered.

just on eof those things that play to win types exploit mercilessly. any normal person would get bored of it or realise how not fun the recievin end is.

but i guess thinking like that classes me as a scrub :)

Edited by shamblemonkee at 16:04:29 11-07-2012
  • Metalfish 11 Jul 2012 16:25:10 8,818 posts
    Seen 4 weeks ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    The problem is that there's nothing infantry can reasonably do to make a chopper scared. A heavy tank can be hounded away with rockets, grenades and tracer fire. The UAV, even an optics user like myself, can be taken out directly or by murdering the operator.

Choppers can only be damaged by explosives or the M95, the latter of which does pitiful damage and can only be used effectively by people who really know what they're doing with it. I've taken out every sort of chopper with every sort of weapon that can, but without sensible AA solution (i.e. one that the chopper doesn't know where it is and can just destroy it by itself) it's always going to be an issue.
  • Mr-Brett 11 Jul 2012 17:11:33 12,797 posts
    Seen 40 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    These guys were using the 'bumping' glitch to land on top of the vads and make the operator suicide, but I'm sure that's fine in Andy's book ;)

I did try the M95 approach, with a red dot it's quite easy to do but they were repairing quicker than I was damaging.

• Metalfish 11 Jul 2012 17:45:42 8,818 posts
    Seen 4 weeks ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    There just needs to be an element of rock paper scissors to it. Maybe a SAM bunker that is vulnerable to heavy shelling / C4, but quite resistant to missile fire?
  • AcidSnake 12 Jul 2012 08:35:07 7,270 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    In the game yesterday we had another lousy tactic used against us...
    It was a level 50 player who in defending games got such huge scores as 330 points...Incredible...
    But on a attack he performed a magical transformation and became The Mighty Asshat...
    Basically his tactic consisted of staying way the hell back in his spawn and RPGing the MCOMs to death...Did it on the first set of Valparaiso on both MCOMs then tried to do the same from the lighthouse on the second set...
    Problem being that he was backed up by a good team so you couldn't just run over and take him out as people would be arming or attacking the base...
    Took a while to root him out...

Then another round where he had to defend and his score plummeted...Then on Harvest Day attack he started C4 quadding the MCOM...And got with just a few tickets to spare...

AcidSnake - He can't see your sig, avatar, images or vids and talks about himself in the third person because he's proper old-skool...UID 24017

• fletch7100 12 Jul 2012 08:38:06 7,317 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Yeah the destroy Mcoms by explosives idea is a bad one. Even if I have used that cheap tactic myself, mainly tank sniping

Nothing wrong with good chopper pilots, more the fact the ground troops don't have a great defence against it that can scare the pilot. Spend ages getting a tracer on him, pops smoke loses the tracer, that was one of the worst designs choices ever

Edited by fletch7100 at 08:43:27 12-07-2012
  • andytheadequate 12 Jul 2012 10:47:16 8,173 posts
    Seen 17 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    surely its a fault with the game balance more than a good chopper pilot?

Bumping into an AA gun is pretty cheap. I think the solution would be to put more AA guns on levels with attack choppers. I tend to avoid maps with a lot of choppers in them now, especially oasis...
  • AcidSnake 12 Jul 2012 11:25:13 7,270 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    It's certainly annoying and the bump glitch should have been taken out but other than that the only thing wrong is the circle strafe...

The chopper we faced on Atacama the other night took away the fun but they were pretty skilled...Maybe a longer cooldown on the smoke would have done the trick?

Too bad they won't let some skilled coders fix BC2 for them as I'm sure there are many who'd be up for it...

Hell, even I could probably manage to fix the end of round "Your team lost" screen...

• AcidSnake 10 Aug 2012 10:20:48 7,270 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    So just a quick bump to explain what happened yesterday and one of the more surprising messages I've ever received over XBL...

Defence on Cold War...

I spawn in and see we've already lost the A MCOM at the first set without taking an enemy ticket...I see only one person on the map besides me in the B building and his name promptly disappears with a scream...

Still a way off I decide to throw a grenade through the window which I manage to do and better yet I actually kill the guy...
    Looking at the scores I see it's a brand new game and players are joining rapidly...

I take up a defensive position when suddenly B collapses...OK, could have been really damaged on the other side or something...
    We retreat and we get the usual warnings that something is damaging the MCOM...While the enemy hasn't even been allowed to advance yet...

I check the scores after a while and see one dude on our side with -800 points...So he's killing our own MCOMs for some reason...
    Not being hardcore there's not much you can do and after yet another MCOM he blew up I dropped out...

I sent him a message saying "What the hell is your problem?"

He replied with a voice message
    "You were an unsupporting teammate"

Never on XBL have I had such a reply...

So I wrote:
    "At least there's no profanity...Why did you blow up our objectives?"

And the answer:
    "Because I felt like it, son"

Strangest conversation ever...

• Ultrasoundwave 22 Aug 2012 15:24:16 3,300 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Decided im going to dust this off tonight - anyone know if theres still a decent amount of people playing it? (360)

"The worst part is, I'll have to have the break-up sex with myself!"

• andytheadequate 22 Aug 2012 15:42:30 8,173 posts
    Seen 17 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Yep, it's pretty easy to get a full game, even on Vietnam. Feel free to add me on Live if you fancy a game, a few of us still regularly play it
  • Red_Bool 22 Aug 2012 15:59:06 1,173 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @Ultrasoundwave

o/

Feel free to add me. I'm always up for this, but mostly in the weekends nowadays though.

I'm also up for Blur btw (which I noticed in the other thread you also dusted off...your house must be pretty clean by now ;))

Edited by Red_Bool at 15:59:44 22-08-2012
  • Mr-Brett 8 Oct 2012 19:55:58 12,797 posts
    Seen 40 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Didn't expect that.

"Battlefield: Bad Company, DICE and Electronic Arts' 2008 first-person shooter, is being adapted as an hourlong action-comedy TV series"

• Whizzo 8 Oct 2012 20:11:46 43,124 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    I see modern day A-Team potential there, get the right cast and some decent writers and it could be good.

At least until Fox cancels it prematurely.

This space left intentionally blank.

• ronuds 8 Oct 2012 20:15:09 21,788 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I'm sure it'll be cancelled exactly when it should be.
  • andytheadequate 4 Dec 2012 10:55:15 8,173 posts
    Seen 17 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Bump.

What a game last night. You could almost hear all the whooping and 'hooah!' as we clinched victory on the last stage of valaparaiso with seconds left before the mcom blew.

We joined on the third stage against 8 level 50s, 2 49s and 2 lower levels. The third and fourth areas went to the last 10 tickets before they finally overrun us, and we just managed to hold onto the last one. I've never seen a game where all 24 players were as objective driven as that.
  • Red_Bool 4 Dec 2012 11:04:26 1,173 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I saw Acid playing last evening...For a moment I was tempted to join him, but my responsible self prevented it (too busy at work to be playing until 1am) :(

As Acid is still playing this regularly I was still meaning to ask whether the games are (still) good - apparently they still are :D

If anybody's on on Fri/Sat I will join for sure.
  • AcidSnake 4 Dec 2012 11:06:07 7,270 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Yeah, top stuff there...
    I wonder how the first two stages went before we joined...

Spawning in and seeing 3 tickets left, the MCOM flashing and knowing it's too late to reach it and everyone just running into bullets to just kill those last three guys!

Like you said, all objective driven...Virtually no snipers (I can't even remember a single one) everyone defending and when attackers showed up there were at least 5 of them in groups...Also no-one running in to disarm when the second siren started (making it impossible to disarm in time)...

I've friended one of them anyway, so it should be easy to find these guys again...

• AcidSnake 4 Dec 2012 11:09:13 7,270 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @Red_Bool:

It's still highly entertaining with many of the players simply being better than months ago making for better matches...

Usual player counts are about 7 v 7 now I'd say but if it's a good game it fills up rather quickly and yesterday's Valparaiso match was 12 v 12...

Also had a slightly more deserted game with a squadmate called Beard Pride who was quite good...Because with a gamertag like that how couldn't you be?

• Red_Bool 4 Dec 2012 15:02:56 1,173 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @AcidSnake
    /4 hours later...(as I said, busy at work)
    That's good to hear! I haven't played an FPS for a couple of months now due to Dark Souls consuming all my gaming time, so I might need to get some practice in first. At least I'm now more hardened (read: used) to take a beating ;)
  • AcidSnake 4 Dec 2012 15:21:12 7,270 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Praise the sun...

• andytheadequate 4 Dec 2012 15:37:38 8,173 posts
    Seen 17 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    We always need willing recruits for the great EG diversionary brigade.

With only me and acid left, and very occasionally Carl, we can be a bit exposed when acid decides to charge in on a quad bike again...
  • AcidSnake 4 Dec 2012 15:41:26 7,270 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Admittedly quite often...

• HandsomeCrab 5 Dec 2012 00:56:36 278 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Hi guys, I've seen you playing this a bit recently and have been sorely tempted to join in but Far Cry 3 has sucked all my gaming time away! I find it difficult to swap between 1st person shooters (throwing grenades at my feet instead of reloading, etc) but if you have a good game going throw me an invite and I probably won't be able to resist!

GT: carlmadin

• andytheadequate 5 Dec 2012 01:01:34 8,173 posts
    Seen 17 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    The trick to getting a good game is choosing valaparaiso as the map. Always seems to be full games when I join, whereas other maps can be a bit empty
  • triarii 8 Dec 2012 18:30:34 297 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I'm defo squadding up next time you guys are on!
  • Mr-Brett 8 Dec 2012 18:47:13 12,797 posts
    Seen 40 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    It's not often that I turn on my xbox these days unless I'm planning on playing something specific. I'll try and remember to check the app more often. I'm always up for BC2.

• Page

of 533 First / Last