Battlefield: Bad Company 2 (console version) Page 524

• Page

of 533 First / Last

• andytheadequate 9 Jul 2012 12:14:40 8,166 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Of course. The Almighty Brillcubes can't be be categorised be a mere number.
  • AcidSnake 9 Jul 2012 12:48:25 7,267 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    andytheadequate wrote:
    Of course. The Almighty Brillcubes can't be be categorised be a mere number.
    Unless that number is 1...As in the position he holds in all our hearts...

AcidSnake - He can't see your sig, avatar, images or vids and talks about himself in the third person because he's proper old-skool...UID 24017

• Red_Bool 10 Jul 2012 08:36:07 1,173 posts
    Seen 55 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Fun games last evening with Brett & Acid! The opposing side wasn't very good at 'PTFO' though (attacking by sniping on the first set of Valparaiso? Come on!), so some proper good-ol' fashioned steamrollin' from our side ensued :)

I also discovered the merits of smoke (attack in general) and mines (Atacama defense). (Slow learner? Late to the party? Both?)

@Acid: Did I really see you camp-sniping on Cold War defense?! ;-) (Madgod would have been proud)
  • AcidSnake 10 Jul 2012 08:39:18 7,267 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Some good games yesterday...Joined Spoon and a merry band of Americans for some quality action...After a while Brett and Bool joined too and we slowly molded the team into a steamroller...

That said they did stop us on Arica on defence...

The later matches were a bit less interesting as we kept them crushed throughout but we did have a lovely moment when a jeep came speeding towards our tank and only when the driver jumped out (to place C4 or to detonate his booby trapped jeep) that we fired and made him crumble like a ragdoll...quite funny to see...

This game is gripping me all over again...

Edited by AcidSnake at 08:39:30 10-07-2012

AcidSnake - He can't see your sig, avatar, images or vids and talks about himself in the third person because he's proper old-skool...UID 24017

• Mr-Brett 10 Jul 2012 09:51:45 12,787 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Enjoyable games last night, I was a little surprised to hear a chorus of American accents when I joined the party but they were a decent bunch and it's always good to have something resembling proper team chat.

That Arica defence was tough, we tried just about every tactic in the playbook to break it but those guys had the place locked down and we kept throwing tickets away... Still I'd rather we had the odd match like that than just steamroller everyone :)

Portable view - Never forget.

• AcidSnake 10 Jul 2012 11:34:20 7,267 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Yeah, I don't think it helped that there were only two of us in the squad...Every time we correctly infiltrated I'd storm off in a blaze of glory and managed to take down only two or three defenders before they noticed I was there...That in turn meant your medic instincts kicked in and brought you into the fight as well resetting us back to base...

Also interesting that the others failed to get A...

• Mr-Brett 10 Jul 2012 11:46:19 12,787 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I was largely referring to the rest of the team that keep attacking via the bridge, in the scheme of things I think we didn't lose that many tickets. My medic instincts do often have a counter-productive effect at times, that dead symbol to me is like man in a silly suit and red flag to bull.

It's worth it though when you pull off the charge in like a nutter, pick up your buddy and rambo an entire squad all in the space of 5 seconds.

If I was to make a super-cool montage of that it'd have this as the soundtrack:

Edited by Mr-Brett at 11:48:10 10-07-2012

• Red_Bool 10 Jul 2012 12:18:38 1,173 posts
    Seen 55 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Wait...there was a party? I checked but couldn't see it :(

Also: I had almost forgotten what it's like to have mega-medic on board :)
  • AcidSnake 10 Jul 2012 12:59:52 7,267 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @Bool:
    Yeah, I think it was a private party or some such? I got booted at a certain point and when I tried to rejoin them I couldn't...

I like snipe defending on the first set of Cold War...They hardly ever seem to attack full force and there are always a few snipers to take down...Advantage being that keeping their snipers occupied means more chances of winning and they have to check up high (for me) and below for anyone else who might try to snipe them...
    Went 18-1 in that match...

Smoke is a wonderful thing and very useful to distract the enemy...Or to cover someone disarming the MCOM...

I was surprised at my mines on Laguna Presa though...I put down 6 of them and usually get one or two kills but yesterday 5 of the 6 mines netted me kills...

• RelaxedMikki 10 Jul 2012 13:06:03 929 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I am getting the fever for this all over again.

Was on with randoms late last night and decided to play around with loadouts. Found that the Modified M14 (I think that's what it's called) with Magnum bullets feels is a bit cheaty. Double click the trigger and it drops anyone whilst they gently spray you with tomato ketchup...!

Also had that glorious moment when, in an under-populated game of conquest, you C4 up a tank by a checkpoint and hide in a barn. Got to watch a whole squad climb aboard before I detonated the explosive! Woo-hah-evil-cackle.
  • AcidSnake 10 Jul 2012 13:13:49 7,267 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Saw you come on and thought you'd join us, Mikki...We could always use someone laying C4 traps...

Best one (except the time I blew Andy up) was defending the second set of Inocentes...An attacker comes up with a jetski, shoot him off, commandeer it, head to their spawn, plant a stick of C4 on their chopper, run up and steal their tank and drive back to base...
    After a while you can see the chopper coming towards us, jump out and kaboom...Debris on demand...

• fletch7100 10 Jul 2012 14:39:49 7,311 posts
    Seen 31 seconds ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    One thing I miss from BF3 control set up on BC2 is the strafing ability whilst sprinting using the left control stick. Not a major problem, just felt different

Also swipIng your knife feels more physical in BC2 than BF3

Did have fun moment of my character stabbing at thin air and getting someone's tags when I wasn't even looking at him :)
  • Red_Bool 10 Jul 2012 14:56:44 1,173 posts
    Seen 55 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I like the knife on BC2 - yesterday I ran into an enemy on the first set on Valparaiso - instinctively (at least without thinking ;)) I hit the knife button and stabbed him in the face :D
    Felt really good after being used to the hassle in BF3 of sneaking up behind someone and waiting for the whole knifing animation to finish (and most of the time getting shot while doing this): just *stab* -> tags -> :D
  • Mr-Brett 10 Jul 2012 15:06:29 12,787 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I always used to have a problem with the one hit kill from a metre away knifing but it doesn't seem bother me any more, largely because so many people who try it end up getting a face full of bullets instead of tags.

• AcidSnake 10 Jul 2012 15:43:05 7,267 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I love the BC2 knife and that was one of the worst changes in BF3 (I know some disagree)...Like Bool said, stab == tags...

With my main Recon sprinty shotgun setup I very often just run out of bullets (6 in the Saiga, 7 in the M1911) and are faced with reloading or suicide diving the remaining enemies...When it works it's great...Makes you truly feel like Rambo...

Also I noticed that Italian dickhead fascist player was in again yesterday even though I've put him on the avoid player list...Half expect it was he who sniped the B one on the first set of Arica with a tank...

I also thought of a solution, park our tank in front of it...Keep repairing it...After a few hits the "sniper" should believe his aim is off and relocate...
    Maybe a few smoke grenades would've done it though...

Edited by AcidSnake at 15:43:17 10-07-2012

• Mr-Brett 10 Jul 2012 15:54:05 12,787 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    The tank idea is good, with a few people repairing it should work well, as long as nobody drops mortars on the area. I don't think smoke would help, at that range they wouldn't even be able to see it, they must have been just blind firing at the icon until they got it to flash up as taking damage.

Normally in that situation I'd try and mortar the buggers to get them out of their position, it buys you a bit of time while they have to readjust their aim. When my tank went down I switched to recon to do just that but forgot to change from C4 to mortars :/

• AcidSnake 10 Jul 2012 16:15:24 7,267 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Didn't help that they were constantly managing to circle us and get to B on foot...

The smoke in case they had optics, but you're right it was probably blindfire on their part...Still need to beware of the UAV...
    Though even a burnt out tank husk should provide some cover...

Also reminds me of the beautiful Jeep cartwheel over Andy's head yesterday on Harvest Day...

• Mr-Brett 10 Jul 2012 16:44:03 12,787 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Yeah the odd thing was that they did n't have much trouble breaking through our 'lines' so the cheap tank sniping was a bit unnecessary :/

There was definitely some organisation there though, they quite sneakily kept all 3 of their tanks back and shelled us from a distance then they had 2 more tanks than they should have when assaulting our next base (which luckily couldn't be sniped.

• andytheadequate 10 Jul 2012 22:00:17 8,166 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Having that jeep fly over me was pretty impressive. I could see the mines and knew he wouldn't be able to resist trying to roadkill me...

Also, I am expecting an apology from Acid for constantly getting in the way of my destruction 2.0 kills :D
  • AcidSnake 11 Jul 2012 08:54:35 7,267 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    That was two buildings I entered and twice that you crushed me...Always at the very last second too...

Yesterday I had some good games with Comrade Pete even though a local thunderstorm kicked me out in an intense match...Very strong enemies who knew about most of the sneaky attack routes...
    On Laguna the third set we got the A MCOM with tickets to spare...

The evening session was a bit less entertaining with the usual fascist asshole (I've negged other people who he seems to play with too in an attempt to not be faced with him again)...Chopper raping when there is no need for it...
    I don't get that...If you're playing for the kills, go play Deathmatch!
    If you're playing Rush, stealing our chopper and seeing us rip through your bases one by one is surely missing the point?
    And on attack they were just soooo annoying...Their team comprised mainly of them flying, a lot of people sniping and just one or two trying to take the objective...

Anyway, when we finally managed to have our AA gun operational for a few seconds and kicked them out of the sky it felt great...
    Especially when they tried to very sneakily fly low on the left behind the ship hoping to surprise me and surfaced dead center in my crosshairs....

Hoo'ah, muthafuckers...

• Mr-Brett 11 Jul 2012 08:59:39 12,787 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I have thought of one solution to the chopper dickery. We blow our own m-coms, just pack them with explosives and end the match, it's far from ideal but stops them sitting there cheaply raking up kills to the detriment of everyone's (I expect even their own) fun.

• ComradePete 11 Jul 2012 09:12:35 487 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Yep, the Atacama defence was a bit irritating. Fair enough being pretty skilled with the chopper but deliberately crashing into the VADS causing it to blow up is pretty low.

Had good fun yesterday other than that though, borrowed Acid's shotgun recon setup and got many kills - a decent haul of gold dogtags as well....
  • Mr-Brett 11 Jul 2012 09:32:30 12,787 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Yeah they're obviously very skilled with the chopper that's undeniable, it's just a shame they didn't have a sense of 'fair play'.

• AcidSnake 11 Jul 2012 09:53:55 7,267 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Like I said, if you're in it for the kills play deathmatch...

Though I could imagine if I were doing a similar chopper assault (which however low isn't as bad as circle strafing) I'd be screaming my lungs out "They're all dead! Attack the bloody MCOM! Why is no-one going for it!?"

Of course, they weren't saying that...I just know it...

Glad you liked my recon setup...
    It's my fave setup now and I only switch quickly to engineer to put down mines or swat choppers and assault to take down buildings or give smoke cover, but usually I just run around like a hyperactive idiot...
    Don't even want to know how many C4 kills I've got now...

• Mr-Brett 11 Jul 2012 10:04:07 12,787 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Since they allowed attachments to the non-class weapons recon has become a great class, with c4 or motars and poke-balls it's possibly the most powerful one now. It's wasted on people sitting miles away with 12x scops.

G3 + red dot + very short almost single shot bursts = much murdering.

• AcidSnake 11 Jul 2012 10:25:32 7,267 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @MadGod:
    Except I win my matches :)

I love my Saiga..Two shots usually drop anything...Of course it's pretty useless at a distance but close up it rips people down no problem...

• SBfistfun 11 Jul 2012 11:35:35 124 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I'll defo have to try and get a couple of games of BC2 in.
  • andytheadequate 11 Jul 2012 12:05:33 8,166 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I don't have the same problem you guys have with choppers. Killing all the defenders is a very good way to take the objectives. The attackers have to be pretty poor not to win when they have a good chopper pilot and gunner. Of course, its incredibly frustrating to play against, and its not particularly well balanced
  • Mr-Brett 11 Jul 2012 12:59:29 12,787 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    andytheadequate wrote:
    I don't have the same problem you guys have with choppers. ... Of course, its incredibly frustrating to play against, and its not particularly well balanced
    You don't have a problem with that? :)

• Page

of 533 First / Last