• RedSparrows 25 Mar 2009 11:50:42 22,779 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    ooo cool

I might well take a lookee..
  • Page1 25 Mar 2009 11:54:30 2,614 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    hmmm... Not sure why, but i'm really not interested in this. There is just something about it which is putting me off.

Strange thing is, I can't wait for Star Ocean 4.
  • Deleted user 25 March 2009 11:55:30
    Spot on.

edit: wrt Vesperia, not SO4 which sounds a bit jobbies.
  • Blerk Moderator 25 Mar 2009 11:55:34 48,225 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    After reading peoples experiences with SO4, my enthusiasm is severely dampened.
  • Page1 25 Mar 2009 11:58:38 2,614 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Blerk wrote:
    After reading peoples experiences with SO4, my enthusiasm is severely dampened.

I've not read anything about either of them. (try to avoid spoilers)

This is all from the videos i've seen.

But then it's three months away and I expect to change my mind by then, so I can get another rpg fix.
  • Blerk Moderator 25 Mar 2009 12:01:59 48,225 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    There are no spoilers in "it's a buggy piece of shit with a terrible script, horrible characters and next to no story", fortunately. :-)

/spreads the love
  • Page1 25 Mar 2009 12:08:08 2,614 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    lol, I'm glad i haven't read anything about it then!

/runs off to read about them both.....
  • Page1 25 Mar 2009 12:39:33 2,614 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Blerk wrote:
    There are no spoilers in "it's a buggy piece of shit with a terrible script, horrible characters and next to no story", fortunately. :-)

/spreads the love

So... after reading about them both for the last 20 min's or so.

SO4 really does sound a bit pants! I just can't help but to really like the setting. I love the future neo type of placement of the whole thing. But after wathing some of the videos from the SO4 thread on here I can't help but to feel a little sick from how bad it is.

On the tales side of things, The core gameplay and battle system and well everything sounds much better. But I'm fed up with that setting.

All this may have something to do with the fact i'm playing through blue dragon at the moment, and i've just finished lego indy so i'm fed up with "cute" right now.
  • Blerk Moderator 25 Mar 2009 12:43:29 48,225 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Disappointing, isn't it? I'm kind of hoping they at least fix the bugs before the European release, given how delayed it is.
  • Deleted user 25 March 2009 12:50:34
    Vesperia is meant to be great, I can't wait for it!
  • Page1 25 Mar 2009 12:53:07 2,614 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    It is a bit yes.

To be fair I think i'd be better off getting a ps2 again and playing all the rpg's i've missed.

But to get this back on topic - At least it's getting released over here at last :)
  • Blerk Moderator 25 Mar 2009 12:56:01 48,225 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Yeah, I'd kind of given up hope of it actually appearing now, so this is all good.
  • Machetazo 25 Mar 2009 13:15:12 6,372 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Maybe a look at previews/trailers will prompt some interest in SO4, but really, Vesperia is the one I'm hugely anticipating the release of...and, now it's confirmed. Great!
  • Scimarad 25 Mar 2009 17:07:51 8,549 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I'm really glad this is finally going to appear. I was starting to worry we were heading back to the dark days of the original Playstation where I had to import all my RPGs. Granted, I normally import all my RPGs anyway because I'm impatient but that's not the point!
  • FabricatedLunatic 25 Mar 2009 17:43:30 13,014 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I would have imported this long ago had it been region-free. I'd started to worry that my only chance of playing it would be to import a 360, and that wouldn't have happened. That a PAL release is a few months away is the best gaming news I've heard all year.
  • Derblington 25 Mar 2009 18:42:15 21,646 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I'm suprised that you guys are suprised. I'm not much of a JRPG fan but after the Gametrailers review of this I searched around to find out about it and everywhere had a June release date.

This was last September...
  • JinTypeNoir 1 Apr 2009 16:14:40 4,392 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Vesperia has also been confirmed (*snicker*) to be coming to the PS3, though we all knew this last year. New character in the PS3 version, the standard added bits and goodies, that sort of thing.
  • Machetazo 1 Apr 2009 16:17:03 6,372 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Oh, of all the days! :p
  • Fernando 1 Apr 2009 16:35:21 636 posts
    Seen 3 years ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    new character looks god awful, please japan stop the loli's :(
  • Machetazo 1 Apr 2009 18:59:00 6,372 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Is this new character the girl in the pirate hat?
    Prooferic Kombo article...It's legit. I was wrong to have doubted JTN.

Just brings the new dilemna of: Do I get ToV 360, or wait to play the PS3 edition, with its additional and bonus content? DAMN flipping late release dates (and region locks) FTUMFL! >:(
  • Deleted user 1 April 2009 20:51:11
    ps3 version just got announced along with a new wii and psp tale's games. Ps3 version has 1 new character and other unannouced stuff. I'd just get the 360 version tbh.
  • JinTypeNoir 2 Apr 2009 04:36:00 4,392 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    The original release is utterly, utterly packed with volume. It's a huge, long involving game with many aspects to play with, complete, tinker with and discover. Whatever they add to the PS3 version will just be a little more of that. So the question of this: are you attracted to this game primarily because of the quality for that amount of volume or for some other reason which the PS3 version wouldn't necessarily differ much on?
  • Aretak 2 Apr 2009 07:19:55 10,355 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    The US 360 edition didn't have a Japanese track, so I'd say it's highly unlikely. That's another thing that the extra space of Blu-ray might allow I suppose (if it does get a release outside of Japan).
  • JinTypeNoir 6 Apr 2009 15:01:35 4,392 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Speaking of Blu-ray space, that's something that was obvious in the information included on the PS3 version at the Namco press event held today. They revealed that the game will now be completely voiced and the amount of additional voice acting added to the voice-acting script to the same amount as the entire script that was in the original game. (Of that a lot more of the actual new material is mostly skits.)

As well, they confirmed new cutscenes and sidequests, as well as some other things, some of which will be revealed in a trailer that will go up on PSN shortly.
  • mal 6 Apr 2009 15:45:56 22,583 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Sounds like a good reason to go for the 360 version then - I really didn't get on with some of the voice acting in Symphonia, so I was glad it was limited to only certain cut-scenes.

Cubby didn't know how to turn off sigs!

• Deleted user 7 April 2009 21:14:04
    Had my fingers burnt with Eternal Sonata which was great looking game but had a crap plot/naff characters/terrible story.

So unsure what to make of Vesperia as it looks so similar to Sonata and doesnt look as pretty either.
  • Machetazo 7 Apr 2009 22:43:18 6,372 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    JinTypeNoir wrote:
    The original release is utterly, utterly packed with volume. It's a huge, long involving game with many aspects to play with, complete, tinker with and discover. Whatever they add to the PS3 version will just be a little more of that. So the question of this: are you attracted to this game primarily because of the quality for that amount of volume or for some other reason which the PS3 version wouldn't necessarily differ much on?
    I really appreciate your contribution, of someone who's experienced with the original release. With the announcement that ToV will be here soon, then it's the quality and extent that most appeal - I thought Symphonia wonderful, and the gameplay clip I saw of the new game heavily impressed. The PS3 thing is just my liking to have the most complete version of things, so that I'm not rebuying later down the line, to get the full experience. But, that pales in importance, compared to my enthusiasm for a new Tales game to enjoy. :D
  • kissthestick 16 Apr 2009 15:15:23 1,003 posts
    Seen 10 months ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Nice euro cover, think its what the japanese got

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51HFY3Me6LL._SS500_.jpg

July 3rd
  • Blerk Moderator 16 Apr 2009 15:29:32 48,225 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    I approve.
  • Page

of 10 First / Last