Does anyone want to trade Mcdonalds Monopoly Stickers

• Page

of 3 First / Last

Previous
  • roz123 25 Mar 2009 10:25:49 7,107 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    If you dont know the game you have to collect stickers from the monopoly board to win prizes. Its not a game i really play but if we all get together and swap are stickers and share money prizes we could make some quick and easy cash.

They are giving a load of prizes out ranging from 100 to 500K
    Info can be found here http://www.mcdonalds.co.uk/monopoly/monopoly-rich.shtml

I have Whitechapel so if someone sends me Old Kent Road thats 100. I would then send them 50. EASY, loads of people eat at mcdonalds and dont bother with this game. so just list the stickers you got here and if we find people with 3 or 2 of the same colour then we can win loadsa stuff.
    Although alot of the prizes are unshareable, im sure people can come to some sort of agreement, at least if one person claims its better then them all going to waste.
  • Deleted user 25 March 2009 10:34:14
    /insert usual 'Old Kent Road is exceptionally rare, Whitechapel is very common, you'd have to be a mong to trade it' explanation
  • mrpon 25 Mar 2009 10:39:01 27,645 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Don't eat McDonalds, sorry.

Give yourself 5 or gig, you're worth it.

• roz123 25 Mar 2009 10:54:01 7,107 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Thats probably true gremmi but so many ppl get these and dont really think about it. If they post it here then someone might win something. I would be willing to send them my whitechapel if someone has old kent road.
    Also there are loads of vouchers that ppl wouldn't use, they can post them on here and someone might want it
    I have:

Whitechapel Road (Brown)
    Regent Street (Green)
    Bow Street (Orange)
    And 20% off HQHair.com (If someone wants it PM me and i will send you the code)
  • LeoliansBro 25 Mar 2009 10:58:43 41,863 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    roz, it isn't a regional thing. Whitechapel is common everywhere.

LB, you really are a massive geek.

• roz123 25 Mar 2009 11:14:11 7,107 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    i didnt say it was. Why is everything an argument?
    If people just post what they have then we might finds some lucky person who gets one of these rarer stickers who would have previously not realised (i personally wouldn't have a clue which ones are rare or not) and they can win something that they wouldnt have. There is no harm in trying is there?
  • Lutz 25 Mar 2009 11:16:15 48,854 posts
    Seen 10 months ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    WHy would anyone trade a rare toekn though? If Mayfair is rare, why would they pair off with a "common" Park Road?

They'd just go and buy more McD's until they got Park Road, and keep all the wonga themselves, rather than split 50/50.
  • LeoliansBro 25 Mar 2009 11:17:22 41,863 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Saves people eating more of that crap, but that's about it.

Hey, I've got a winning scratchcard, if someone sends me 50p I'll give you half the winnings.

• roz123 25 Mar 2009 11:24:02 7,107 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    i came into this not realising there are "rare" and "common" stickers, but hey maybe someone will realise that they have a rare one from looking at this and then do what you said and win something that previously they wouldn't have.
  • Deleted user 25 March 2009 11:36:03
    Aw bless...
  • ProfessorLesser 25 Mar 2009 11:40:03 19,349 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I hate this game. I was forced into eating at MacDonald's a couple of nights ago, and while the food sort of tastes ok but rather cancery, I really don't want to eat it.

However, the collect-'em-all side of me is really suckered in by the stupid fucking monopoly game. It's a fucking excellent game, utterly ingenious and loads of fun. It's just such a fucking shame you have to go to MacDonald's to play it. Why don't healthier, more appetising restaurants catch on and run something of their own in a similar vein? Even Pizza Hut would be a step up.
  • Deleted user 25 March 2009 11:42:08
    ProfessorLesser wrote:
    It's a fucking excellent game, utterly ingenious and loads of fun.

Unless they've changed it recently it just amounts to getting stickers off the side of the drink cartons. Doesn't sound ingenious and loads of fun to me.
  • ProfessorLesser 25 Mar 2009 11:45:10 19,349 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    You're not tantalized by the mystery of which sticker you might reveal, or whether you could possibly, possible complete the set you've been holding for 2 months? Or win a free coke and get to try again?

Have you ever collected anything with a random element? Pokemon cards, that kind of thing? Something in me loves not knowing what I'll find. I loved collecting pokemon cards, before I realised what a waste of money it was to satisfy that urge to collect. But the urge is still there, and that's why I enjoy a lot of the computer games I do.
  • LeoliansBro 25 Mar 2009 11:45:53 41,863 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Gremmi can't show enthusiasm, it interferes with his louche internet persona.

• Deleted user 25 March 2009 11:48:22
    ProfessorLesser wrote:
    You're not tantalized by the mystery of which sticker you might reveal, or whether you could possibly, possible complete the set you've been holding for 2 months? Or win a free coke and get to try again?

I am as tantalised by it as much as I am tantalised by buying a scratchcard. But the staggering odds involved in getting a rare item combined with the fact I just bought a McDonalds tend to sour any joy joy feelings involved.
  • ProfessorLesser 25 Mar 2009 11:55:57 19,349 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Scratch cards are gambling, though. You don't get anything if you lose. With MacDonalds it just comes with the meal. I'm well aware you have to eat at MacDonalds for that, and that's a high price for any of us... but, well, I addressed this in my first post. I'm only talking about the game itself. It would be a lot better if it was at another restaurant, where the fact that it came free with your food was actually a good thing.
  • rudedudejude 25 Mar 2009 11:58:04 2,099 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    McDonalds is made with real Hamburglars.
  • neilka 25 Mar 2009 12:05:10 14,942 posts
    Seen 19 seconds ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Anyone want to trade banana stickers? I'll do you two Dole for a Chiquita!
  • Jeepers 25 Mar 2009 12:14:43 13,158 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    neilka wrote:
    Anyone want to trade banana stickers? I'll do you two Dole for a Chiquita!

lol u nub. chiquita are uber-rares.
  • DaisyD 6 Apr 2009 13:23:58 11,818 posts
    Seen 3 months ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    We have spares of Trafalger Square and Pall Mall if anyone wants them. I know they're common though.
  • gang_of_bitches 6 Apr 2009 13:36:42 4,932 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Yeah the problem with the swapsies angle is that basically 99% of the stickers out there are irrelevant. If people are going to bother at all it would be much better just to use this thread to establish which stickers are really common and by implication which are really rare so people can look out for the rare ones.

Or alternatively just go to another site which has done it all for you (thanks mcdonalds-monopoly.co.uk)

OK so after the first week of the competition running we can now reliably see which stickers are rare and which are common for the 2009 Mcdonalds Monopoly Best Chance Game in the UK.

The Common stickers are:

Park Lane
    Oxford Street
    Regent Street
    Piccadilly
    Leicester Square
    Trafalgar Square
    Fleet Street
    Vine Street
    Bow Street
    Whitehall
    Pall Mall
    Pentonville Road
    The Angel Islington
    Whitechapel Road
    Fenchurch Street Station
    Marylebone Station
    Kings Cross Station
    Which means the rare stickers are as follows:

Mayfair (Wins 500k cash)
    Bond Street (Wins 300k to buy a home with)
    Coventry Street (Wins a Mini Cooper Car)
    Strand (Wins a Virgin Holiday)
    Marlborough Street (Wins a 1000 prepaid Visa Card)
    Northumberland Avenue (Wins a Nokia Mobile Phone)
    Euston Road (Wins a Kodak digital camera)
    Old Kent Road (Wins a 100 prepaid Visa card)
    Liverpool Street Station (Wins 1500 of home energy over the year)
  • Nostrus 6 Apr 2009 13:39:18 376 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Yeah, we've noticed the same thing. We're selling our spares on Ebay in the hope that some numpties buy them.

:D
  • Lutz 6 Apr 2009 13:41:01 48,854 posts
    Seen 10 months ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I have a Mayfair, but need Park Road. Anyone want to pair off and go halfs in?
  • caligari 6 Apr 2009 13:41:48 16,832 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Lutz wrote:

:D
  • gang_of_bitches 6 Apr 2009 13:43:05 4,932 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Lutz wrote:

You'll be looking fo Park Road for quite some time I fear. Park Lane on the other hand is apparently common as muck.
  • DaisyD 6 Apr 2009 13:46:07 11,818 posts
    Seen 3 months ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    gang_of_bitches wrote:
    Lutz wrote:

You'll be looking fo Park Road for quite some time I fear. Park Lane on the other hand is apparently common as muck.

It is in did. I got one.
  • Lutz 6 Apr 2009 13:48:00 48,854 posts
    Seen 10 months ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Halfs in DaisyD?
  • DaisyD 6 Apr 2009 14:21:32 11,818 posts
    Seen 3 months ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    You send me Mayfair and I'll send you the money.

/does not believe Lutz
  • Spin_Dr_Wolf 6 Apr 2009 14:39:09 6,170 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    All this mistrust and negativity, i can't stand to see it ripping our forum apart. I think you should both send them to me as an independant party, and i will claim the money and split it equally between you.
  • dav1d01 27 Apr 2009 12:32:36 1 posts
    Seen 5 years ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I've got two of the three yellows.

If anyone has Coventry Street and want to club together we can win the car, sell it and split the money.

anyone.......

cheers
  • Page

of 3 First / Last

Previous