G20 Protests in London Page 4

• Page

of 37 First / Last

• richardiox 22 Mar 2009 22:26:54 5,535 posts
    Seen 25 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    /Mowgli walks into the G20 protests thread

"Christ what a sad bunch of cunts."

"Can someone sum up what the protests will be against, I can't be bothered reading all the sites linked to here. And please don't say they are protesting against war."

"How the hell do you protest capitalism?"

"I just find heading such as Down With Capitalism a bit daft, and very otiose."

"Can't be bothered- don't care enough. A nice wee summary would be appreciated"

"Oh no I got that much, government are bad and all that jazz"

"There must be more to it than that surely?! I would hope there is some purpose to these demonstrations, otherwise the preconceptions are pretty justified."

"It is not trolling, that is just petulant reactionary crap typical of a protester"

• Deleted user 22 March 2009 22:30:31
    richardiox wrote:
    /Mowgli walks into the G20 protests thread

"Christ what a sad bunch of cunts."

"Can someone sum up what the protests will be against, I can't be bothered reading all the sites linked to here. And please don't say they are protesting against war."

"How the hell do you protest capitalism?"

"I just find heading such as Down With Capitalism a bit daft, and very otiose."

"Can't be bothered- don't care enough. A nice wee summary would be appreciated"

"Oh no I got that much, government are bad and all that jazz"

"There must be more to it than that surely?! I would hope there is some purpose to these demonstrations, otherwise the preconceptions are pretty justified."

"It is not trolling, that is just petulant reactionary crap typical of a protester"

Oh come on you can't selective quote like you did at the end. That is just cheap and dirty. A bit like a protester doodah ding dong
  • richardiox 22 Mar 2009 22:37:02 5,535 posts
    Seen 25 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Selective quote? I posted all your contributions to the thread so far!

Fair play with my selective quote at the end though, but it was still trolling with or without the emoticon as you obviously^ came into the thread purely looking for a reactionary response otherwise known as trolling.
  • MetalDog 22 Mar 2009 22:46:45 23,708 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    mowgli - given the state of our voting system which pretty much guarantees tory or labour in at the next election, how else do you propose that people make their views on the global situation impossible to miss for our glorious leaders?

-- boobs do nothing for me, I want moustaches and chest hair.

• Deleted user 22 March 2009 22:47:03
    No, I 100% wanted to know what the protests were about and what they aimed to achieve. I showed some concern as to the answers given, and asked for more detail. That's it.
  • richardiox 22 Mar 2009 22:50:57 5,535 posts
    Seen 25 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    "I can't be bothered reading all the sites linked to here"

"Can't be bothered- don't care enough. "

"No, I 100% wanted to know what the protests were about and what they aimed to achieve"

• Deleted user 22 March 2009 22:56:23
    richardiox wrote:
    "I can't be bothered reading all the sites linked to here"

"Can't be bothered- don't care enough. "

"No, I 100% wanted to know what the protests were about and what they aimed to achieve"

Yes? I wanted to know, but didn't want to trail through other sites which is why I asked. If I didn't care at all, I wouldn't have asked.
  • mwtb 22 Mar 2009 22:58:05 2,381 posts
    Seen 4 months ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Apathetic and with a sense of entitlement. It's what the cool kids are wearing.
  • Deleted user 23 March 2009 08:19:52
    mwtb wrote:
    Apathetic and with a sense of entitlement. It's what the cool kids are wearing.

glol :D

fucking students eh
  • FWB 23 Mar 2009 08:23:44 43,795 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Whether you think it'll achieve results or not, it's a statement. I'm here. I exist and I think you're a bunch of arseholes. Better than sitting on your backside whining about things.

Isn't that what you directed at blizeh in his confidence thread, mowgli? :)
  • Chopsen 23 Mar 2009 08:26:08 15,699 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Why did the hard of hearing anarchist smash up the toilet?

He heard someone shout "fight the cistern!"
  • Bill-Gates-is-Evil 23 Mar 2009 08:49:56 8,935 posts
    Seen 4 months ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    What a bunch of fucking childish idiots.
  • mcmonkeyplc 23 Mar 2009 09:13:08 39,384 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Leave my city alone!

/lives in Twickenham.

Meh, if the protestors get this far then they would have taken a serious wrong turn.

Come and get it cumslingers!

• Bill-Gates-is-Evil 23 Mar 2009 09:26:27 8,935 posts
    Seen 4 months ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Iam wrote:
    Bill Gates is Evil wrote:
    What a bunch of fucking childish idiots.

What a judgemental twat...

Hell yeah I am!

What the hell are they protesting anyway? The fact that 20 of world's nations feel like discussing ways to come closer together, become more integrated, less nationalistic?

The entire history of humanity, people have been seperated and fragmented: tribes, gangs, regions, race, religion, nationality, and so on. The G20 is part of an ongoing effort to build a global community of human beings. It's about settling differences, integrating into a single unit, being part of the same team.

What would the protestors have us do instead? Go to war with each other?

That's why they're childish idiots. They don't know what they're protesting, they're just insecure sorry fucks.

• El_MUERkO 23 Mar 2009 09:31:31 16,948 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Chopsen wrote:
    Why did the hard of hearing anarchist smash up the toilet?

He heard someone shout "fight the cistern!"

\o/
  • richardiox 23 Mar 2009 09:32:43 5,535 posts
    Seen 25 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    BGIE - it's a protest against the G20 not the UN, which yes, would be stupid.

"The G-20 (more formally, the Group of Twenty Finance Ministers and Central Bank Governors) is a group of finance ministers and central bank governors from 22 economies: 21 of the world's largest national economies,"
  • Chopsen 23 Mar 2009 09:36:27 15,699 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    He's just scared because he knows they're right. They're going to shake his world to its very foundations. Run for the hills, BGiE!
  • Bill-Gates-is-Evil 23 Mar 2009 09:38:50 8,935 posts
    Seen 4 months ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Yes yes I know, but my point is they're discussing ways to work together, and that's what is being protested. Would the protestors prefer countries not cooperate with each other, and just build 50 foot walls around their borders?
  • Chopsen 23 Mar 2009 09:40:34 15,699 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    They're not protesting about the fact there is a G20 summit, thicko.

There protesting about the actions the members of the G20 should take.

• richardiox 23 Mar 2009 09:41:49 5,535 posts
    Seen 25 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Yes yes I know, but my point is they're discussing ways to work together, and that's what is being protested. Would the protestors prefer countries not cooperate with each other, and just build 50 foot walls around their borders?

G20 is basically a private club. Why are only 20 of the worlds nations represented if it's about the world working together?

Again, don't get your UNs and your G20s mixed up.
  • Bill-Gates-is-Evil 23 Mar 2009 09:45:43 8,935 posts
    Seen 4 months ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    richardiox wrote:

G20 is basically a private club. Why are only 20 of the worlds nations represented if it's about the world working together?

So you're saying it isn't okay for countries to meet with each other, unless all 190 are invited?
  • Deleted user 23 March 2009 14:07:25
    FWB wrote:
    Whether you think it'll achieve results or not, it's a statement. I'm here. I exist and I think you're a bunch of arseholes. Better than sitting on your backside whining about things.

Isn't that what you directed at blizeh in his confidence thread, mowgli? :)
    What? I've only just woken up but I have no idea what you are getting at here.
  • Deleted user 23 March 2009 14:08:26
    richardiox wrote:

So you're saying it isn't okay for countries to meet with each other, unless all 190 are invited?
    No they are saying it's better that they don't group up and conspire together. Protesting wars is more fun you see!
  • FWB 23 Mar 2009 14:09:59 43,795 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Hehe. Not really surprising. ;)

Love the concept of permits. "Public" space, yet the public has to get permission to use it. :)
  • kalel 23 Mar 2009 14:11:55 86,240 posts
    Seen 49 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I donít understand why people have a problem with protests Ė itís a cornerstone of democracy imo. If you donít like something, you have a right to say so. If enough people do it, it shifts public opinion, and things happen like blacks being given equal rights, women getting the vote etc etc.

Unless you donít like the right to say what you feel, what possible problem could you have with protests?

Just donít get it.
  • PES_Fanboy 23 Mar 2009 14:12:41 13,308 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I walked past that statue of Churchill this morning, and I've always thought he looked much better with the grass mohawk.
  • Deleted user 23 March 2009 14:23:11
    @Kalel, no problem with protests. They are fundamental expression of our existence in a liberal and safe society. But the protests you point to had a purpose, I just think the ones planned would benefit from a purpose too. Not saying there is anything wrong of course with just letting everyone know you are pissed, but I think they would get even more support if they were a bit more precise.

@FWB, not really as simply as that now is it. And I'm sure even you understand that.
  • Shinji 23 Mar 2009 14:23:56 5,903 posts
    Seen 8 months ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    I find myself in the deeply uncomfortable position of agreeing with BGIE. While I absolutely support their right to protest, which is an incredibly important and fundamental right - they ARE childish idiots.

I'm glad that they can protest, I just wish they didn't feel the need to.
  • smoothpete 23 Mar 2009 14:25:09 31,314 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Who's childish? The anarchists or Joe Bloggs who is angry about the current avoidable recession?
  • Page

of 37 First / Last