Resident Evil 6 Page 34

• Page

of 46 First / Last

• Ultrasoundwave 9 Oct 2012 11:56:16 3,299 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    GiarcYekrub wrote:
    So overall its better than 5
    Definitely getting that vibe off it - considering how well 5 reviewed, it's weird how negative some of the reviews for 6 have been.

"The worst part is, I'll have to have the break-up sex with myself!"

• Cadence 9 Oct 2012 12:06:52 1,687 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    When is this out on PC? Any news on that?
  • King_Edward 9 Oct 2012 12:50:30 11,454 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    They said it'd be a while.
  • King_Edward 9 Oct 2012 12:51:32 11,454 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Ultrasoundwave wrote:
    GiarcYekrub wrote:
    Definitely getting that vibe off it - considering how well 5 reviewed, it's weird how negative some of the reviews for 6 have been.
    Because most places don't like it as much. Not even a little weird.
  • GiarcYekrub 9 Oct 2012 13:10:12 3,752 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    King_Edward wrote:
    Ultrasoundwave wrote:
    GiarcYekrub wrote:
    Because most places don't like it as much. Not even a little weird.
    I think its the inconsistency, there is alittle of everything here but if your not one of those gamers that like variety being asked to switch play styles isn't always easy
  • Deleted user 9 October 2012 13:29:12
    GiarcYekrub wrote:
    OK I've completed this now, On Single Player, Professional as Helena,Sherry,Chris and Ada.
    Out of interest, how difficult did you find Professional? Im thinking about doing it with the other characters once Ive completed my playthrough on normal.
  • mcmonkeyplc 9 Oct 2012 14:09:49 39,456 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Does anyone who hated the demo actually like the full game?

Come and get it cumslingers!

• bitch_tits_zero_nine 9 Oct 2012 14:19:47 6,654 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    If I liked 5, bottom line; will I like this?

Lets cut the shit now and get down to the nitty gritty?
  • King_Edward 9 Oct 2012 16:14:53 11,454 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Jury's out. You'll probably think it's average, you might think it's great, you might think it blows.
  • mcmonkeyplc 9 Oct 2012 16:16:05 39,456 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    I thought RE5 was OK I thought the demo for this was uttershite.

• Mikeeeboy1 9 Oct 2012 16:17:08 167 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    bitch_tits_zero_nine wrote:
    If I liked 5, bottom line; will I like this?

Lets cut the shit now and get down to the nitty gritty?
    It's ok. Hope that helps
  • bitch_tits_zero_nine 9 Oct 2012 16:18:46 6,654 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    I enjoyed 5. It itched the same scratch as an rpg for me. Replaying levels to get cash to raise the stats of my weapons. I find this kind of grind to be OCD therapeutic.
  • Mikeeeboy1 9 Oct 2012 16:22:42 167 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    I enjoyed 5. It itched the same scratch as an rpg for me. Replaying levels to get cash to raise the stats of my weapons. I find this kind of grind to be OCD therapeutic.
    Jut wait till it's cheap and try it for yourself.
    The most diversive game ever whether it's good
    or bad!!!
  • bitch_tits_zero_nine 9 Oct 2012 16:23:28 6,654 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Hehe, good advice.
  • mcmonkeyplc 9 Oct 2012 16:36:43 39,456 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    EVERYONE! Stop buying it so that the price goes down!

Thank you for your co-operation.

• GiarcYekrub 9 Oct 2012 16:38:17 3,752 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    TearYouAsunder wrote:
    GiarcYekrub wrote:
    OK I've completed this now, On Single Player, Professional as Helena,Sherry,Chris and Ada.
    Out of interest, how difficult did you find Professional? Im thinking about doing it with the other characters once Ive completed my playthrough on normal.
    I haven't played it on a lower setting to really compare but health items are sparce as is ammo I spent most of the game meleeing in hope of a couple of extra bullets but hey its Resi I don't expect too many bullets.
    Health wise I was often on a single block quite soon after starting but the checkpoints aren't in silly places it so you can go do what you messed up again, but better.
    Each Chapter really took about 1 1/2 - 2 Hours and
    The AI stayed out my way only really apparent in boss battles and to save me oh and to open doors.
    I got C's in most chapters so I wasn't very good except for Chris's but I did that last so maybe the perks I unlocked started to pay off.
  • GiarcYekrub 9 Oct 2012 16:38:42 3,752 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Deleted - Double post

Edited by GiarcYekrub at 16:39:56 09-10-2012
  • yupyup 9 Oct 2012 16:49:53 3,682 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Stupid question, but this does have local co-op yes? 5 was immensely fun with this for me but I couldn't seem to find this in 6's demo.

Hands Off Our Penises

• King_Edward 9 Oct 2012 17:00:58 11,454 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Yes.
  • TheSensationalSean 9 Oct 2012 18:00:28 1 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    I'm near the end of Jake's campaign (having finished Leon and Chris' stories) and I'm thoroughly enjoying RE6! So far, I'd say it's as good as 5.
  • Trafford 9 Oct 2012 18:16:08 5,791 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Same here, it turned into quite a shooting gallery with slick graphics and tight controls.
    The demo for 6 never gave me that impression though
  • King_Edward 9 Oct 2012 18:21:25 11,454 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    From what I've played of the main game (occasional dips of co-op at random points in the Leon and Chris campaigns) I don't think the demo is misrepresentitive.
  • yupyup 9 Oct 2012 19:30:53 3,682 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    King_Edward wrote:
    Yes.
    Thanks!

Hands Off Our Penises

• BabyJesus 9 Oct 2012 20:39:10 4,412 posts
    Seen 10 months ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Fuck this game. Leons final boss is NOT fun or challenging just tedious.

I've had my fill with this, trading it in for dishonoured.
  • Darth_Flibble 9 Oct 2012 21:09:11 1,687 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    The demo is the same as the full game. 6 is trying to be all things to all people and suffers for it. Also some really bizarre game play choices by the designers imo some are really not fun to play that lets down the fragments of the good stuff

I would say its 5 out 10 and a rental and you know capcom will do a gold edition with all the dlc and the disc locked content.
  • Deleted user 9 October 2012 21:32:12
    mcmonkeyplc wrote:
    EVERYONE! Stop buying it so that Capcom make a resident evil we want
    fixed
  • GiarcYekrub 10 Oct 2012 00:34:02 3,752 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    BabyJesus wrote:
    Fuck this game. Leons final boss is NOT fun or challenging just tedious.

I've had my fill with this, trading it in for dishonoured.
    The boss fights do tend to drag in single player
  • mikeck 10 Oct 2012 10:29:42 1,936 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I decided in advance that I'd only play this game with my mates online, and I'm so glad I did. I only starting the game last night, and a friend and I played Leon's first chapter online, and it was a superb two hours.

This isn't by any means the greatest game ever, but it's a definite improvement on RE5, and very enjoyable. I don't think it would be anywhere near as much fun in single-player though; the joy of playing with a good friend, chatting shit, as you're slowing making your way through the game is awesome.

Really enjoyed the shoot-out in the gun shop, holded up repelling waves of zombies, and the sense of atmosphere in Leon's campaign so far has been superb.

I gather the other campaigns will be different, but so far, so good.

Also, cannot wait to unlock Agent Hunter Mode...I'm really looking forward to trying to cause havoc in other people's games :evil:
  • psychokitten Moderator 10 Oct 2012 10:54:43 7,794 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    So I was initially quite negative about this. Well, I don't want to say negative, I was still feeling better about it than some of the reviews and people in this thread, but I would have placed it several pegs below RE5.

I've had more time with Leon's campaign (nearly finished it), solely in coop, and I'm actually really enjoying it. There's a lot wrong with it, mind. The pacing is just all wrong, there's little decisions here and there that just don't make any sense and make the game more frustrating than it needs to be, and the writing/dialog is really poor. Not in a Resident Evil 4 - hilarious - sort of way, just awkward and ill fitting. I couldn't describe the game as great, and I haven't played the other campaigns yet so my estimation may still drop, but so far it's good-ish? Some great moments, and a lot of cringe worthy ones. The overly actiony bits sometimes work very poorly and sometimes, when you do them just right, are so good. But it feels like that frame you have to work within, to get it right, is quite narrow.

eg Leon Chapter 3 (I think it's 3?)
    Sliding through a tunnel fighting a zombie mutated sea monster shark. It just feels/looks wrong, and I ended up reloading at the wrong moments, to watch Leon loading bullets into a gun in slow motion while a shark eats him. Then the next time, I switched weapon at the exact right moment, blasted the barrel with a shotty, and it was epic.

It works best IMO when it scales things back and brings you that tenser tighter experience, but those moments are a lot fewer than I would have liked. But as before with RE5, playing in coop makes the game a lot better.
  • Page

of 46 First / Last