Resident Evil 6 Page 33

• Page

of 46 First / Last

• Deleted user 7 October 2012 14:23:57
    Was really hoping the servers would be in order today for some Co-Op but each time we'd get to a point the server loses the connection.

Really annoying and has cost a good few hours of lost progress due to the save system booting you back at a certain point.
  • Cadence 7 Oct 2012 14:31:11 1,684 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    The giantbomb quicklook really rips it to pieces. It does look fairly awful playing it in single player.
  • King_Edward 7 Oct 2012 15:23:49 11,454 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Co-op's a pretty reliable way of extorting some kind of enjoyment out of just about anything.
  • Darth_Flibble 7 Oct 2012 17:08:52 1,653 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Thought this was quite amusing, the gametrailers staff talk about RE6 and the host, Shane is massive angry man baby and talks over everyone because no one agrees "its the best game evar"

http://www.gametrailers.com/full-episodes/7y9qou/invisible-walls-episode-227--resident-evil-rumble

about 32 minutes in
  • Cadence 7 Oct 2012 17:12:06 1,684 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    What a cock.
  • -cerberus- 7 Oct 2012 17:18:58 2,642 posts
    Seen 22 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Saw it too. Pathetic.

"You see it too? For me, it's always like this..."
    (Angela Orosco - Silent Hill 2)

• Deleted user 7 October 2012 17:41:41
    Ouch. I just watched the GameSpot video review. Gets slated and it really does look terrible. I hate quick time events and cut scenes every five minutes.
  • Mikeeeboy1 7 Oct 2012 19:58:34 167 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Darth_Flibble wrote:
    Thought this was quite amusing, the gametrailers staff talk about RE6 and the host, Shane is massive angry man baby and talks over everyone because no one agrees "its the best game evar"

http://www.gametrailers.com/full-episodes/7y9qou/invisible-walls-episode-227--resident-evil-rumble

about 32 minutes in
    He does make a valid point about being consistent with reviews
  • King_Edward 7 Oct 2012 20:32:26 11,454 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    It's not shit because all the shit things it does were shit in other games too!

Not a great point.
  • Darth_Flibble 7 Oct 2012 21:17:58 1,653 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Mikeeeboy1 wrote:
    Darth_Flibble wrote:

about 32 minutes in
    but if a another game had QTE does not mean it should be marked down. its how the QTE are used and how good they are. The rope climbing is just awful.

I was hoping it was going to kick off on the video as shane was a complete utter sad cunt. He wouldn't even let the other guy make a point. best bit any negative comment "was only coming from the other guys twitter followers" as "every main gamer site loved it"

There is no doubt its spilt gamers view but its show Gametrailers is run by a childish man baby who throws his toys out of the pram when he does not get his own way
  • Ultrasoundwave 7 Oct 2012 22:29:55 3,276 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Yeah, I'm not going to stick up for the game to the degree that bloke did - what an absolute cock.

What I will say is that, if your a resi fan, this game is worth a go. I've done the first three chapters of Leon's campaign and the first two of Chris's and I have really enjoyed them.

I also did the first chapter of Jakes campaign - maybe it's because I was going into it expecting a train wreck, but I thought it was excellent : the hand-to-hand combat isn't as awkward as people have made out, there's plenty of ammo AND having that huge, creepy bastard with the needle arms chasing you is proper survival horror goodness.

REALLY enjoying resi 6......

"The worst part is, I'll have to have the break-up sex with myself!"

• johnson81 7 Oct 2012 22:54:53 373 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I watch/listen to Invisible Walls most week's and to be fair Shane can be a right twat. He doesn't listen to anyone else's opinion and he is almost justifying his review score.

I've only played the demo but the controls of the character felt too loose, camera too close (Shane even mentions that the camera is the same in Res5. He fails to mention that you can't look towards the screen in Res5, which you can in 6, which happens to break the fucking demo when you're in a tight corner) and the shooting felt a bit off.
  • silversun 7 Oct 2012 23:42:13 149 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Finished the first chapter of leon and so far i am a bit suprised at the pace of the game.
    The story is good for resident evil and has good atmosphere but what is killing me about this game as a long time resident evil fan is the pace of the game.
    It is so fast that every 2 seconds i am fighting a zombie or some train is trying to kill me, this is by far the most frantic resident evil game i have ever played and sometimes i like the slow build up and tension that have been in past resident evil games, this one is resident evil but it feels different.
  • Notallowedhere 8 Oct 2012 10:29:45 94 posts
    Seen 12 months ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    In Chapter 2 of Leons campaign... in the Cathedral. Its absolute class, several puzzles to open the stairs then big bogey monster appears from stairs and turns the survivors into Zombies. Like the very best bits from RE4.
  • Mikeeeboy1 8 Oct 2012 11:04:44 167 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Darth_Flibble wrote:
    Mikeeeboy1 wrote:
    Darth_Flibble wrote:

about 32 minutes in
    but if a another game had QTE does not mean it should be marked down. its how the QTE are used and how good they are. The rope climbing is just awful.

I was hoping it was going to kick off on the video as shane was a complete utter sad cunt. He wouldn't even let the other guy make a point. best bit any negative comment "was only coming from the other guys twitter followers" as "every main gamer site loved it"

There is no doubt its spilt gamers view but its show Gametrailers is run by a childish man baby who throws his toys out of the pram when he does not get his own way
    You are all missing the point that Shane was trying to make.
    He said there must be consistency in a review.
    Gamespot gave an 8.5 for Resident Evil 5 but a 4.5 to
    Resident Evil 6.
    When both are essentially the same game in many ways.
    You just can't mark a game down that much just because 3 years
    have passed since the prequel.
    If anything Resident Evil 5 should have received a 5 or 6 out of 10.
    Because that game wasn't great either

I agree that he did shout over everyone else in the panel
    to make this point which made him look childish.
    But his point is still valid
  • King_Edward 8 Oct 2012 12:15:39 11,454 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Mikeeeboy1 wrote:
    Darth_Flibble wrote:
    Mikeeeboy1 wrote:
    Darth_Flibble wrote:

about 32 minutes in

You are all missing the point that Shane was trying to make.
    He said there must be consistency in a review.
    Gamespot gave an 8.5 for Resident Evil 5 but a 4.5 to
    Resident Evil 6.
    When both are essentially the same game in many ways.
    You just can't mark a game down that much just because 3 years
    have passed since the prequel.
    If anything Resident Evil 5 should have received a 5 or 6 out of 10.
    Because that game wasn't great either

I agree that he did shout over everyone else in the panel
    to make this point which made him look childish.
    But his point is still valid
    No it isn't. There are dozens of minor differences between RE5 and 6. Running instead of walking, a different aiming system and many others.

He was clutching at straws.

To be more specific, he's right that consistency is good for a reviewer, but he's wrong in what he considers to be consistent.

Edited by King_Edward at 12:49:23 08-10-2012
  • -cerberus- 8 Oct 2012 17:12:53 2,642 posts
    Seen 22 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    This week on the Jimquisition.

• Darth_Flibble 8 Oct 2012 19:37:55 1,653 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    RE5 and RE6 feel different, 6 feels more corridor based and makes the cover useless as tried to aim around the corner in the ruined aparments and chris' big head was in the way. The cheap instant like the van which fanboy shane defend in true fanboy style. Thats not good game design as if you are standing in the way, you can't escape even by diving. Its all these problems is why RE5 got a higher score on some sites not a tinfoil hat conspiracy as some nuts have made up.
  • -cerberus- 8 Oct 2012 22:32:25 2,642 posts
    Seen 22 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago

• King_Edward 8 Oct 2012 23:15:24 11,454 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    -cerberus- wrote:
    This week on the Jimquisition.
    Reminds me so much of those Garth Marenghi interviews.
  • Deleted user 8 October 2012 23:43:32
    Did someone say cover? FFS!!
  • Rose-of-Sorrow 9 Oct 2012 03:00:24 500 posts
    Seen 33 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Just finished Act 2 of Ada's campaign. Ada's acts are actually pretty good! It's a shame so many people probably won't bother to get far enough as to unlock them.
  • Ultrasoundwave 9 Oct 2012 08:59:19 3,276 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I really don't know what else to say : i think this game is brilliant.

I've played all the Resi games so far (Code Veronica is my personal favourite) and Resi6 has not annoyed, offended or abused me in any way so far.

Like i said before, i started with Leons campaign and did the first two chapters - loved every minute of it. Classic zombies are back in Resident Evil and im chuffed. Good story, amazing graphics and classic Resi gameplay.

Then i moved on to start Chris's campaign and again, did the first two chapters. If Leons campaign is bringing back classic Resi, then Chris's campaign is simply following on from Resi 5 - lots of action, lots of gunfire and explosions. Its not quite as good as Leons campaign (so far) but im enjoying it for what it is.

Then, onto Jakes campaign. I have read a lot of reviews for Resi 6 and, after what most of them have said about Jakes campaign, i was expecting the worst. Imagine my surprise when it turns out to be BRILLIANT - so good, in fact, that im struggling to go back to the other campaigns at the moment.

Resident Evil has been crying out for a decent CQC system for a long time and, with Jakes campaign, we get to experience it. It really does help when your low on ammo.

The opening level, trying to escape from Ustanak, is brilliant. Proper survival horror. I really enjoyed the second chapter too and im looking forward to doing chapter 3 after watching the cinematic escaping from an underground base it seems.

Ive checked over Metacritic again and i was pleased to see that, of the 58 reviews currently on there, 37 of them are 7/10 or above. Jim Sterling and Tom Chick have done their best to destroy it but the negative reviews all seem quite petty.

Also, on a final note, in the last 6 months i have re-played Resi 4 and 5 and i forgot how many QTE's those games threw at you. Really dont understand why people are criticising Resi 6 for them when they've been part of the series for so long.....?

:|

"The worst part is, I'll have to have the break-up sex with myself!"

• GiarcYekrub 9 Oct 2012 09:14:00 3,722 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    OK I've completed this now, On Single Player, Professional as Helena,Sherry,Chris and Ada. I agree that it doesn't have sense of identity. I was most iritated by Leons early campain in the sense the environments were very lifeless and static, yes the early walking arround was good but nothing was interactable, this changes in Chapter 2 certainly in the lab section we get the door puzzle and can peer through the peep whole etc but still all that was directly related to what the player needs to do I miss looking at the remains of normality, the biggest change for me happened in 5 with the removal of the Ex files from the main game breaking the connection of where the file was found and its contents.

Strangely I didn't have too much to moan about with Chris's campain the key problem with that is the lack of a female partner to counter balance the military jingoism, gameplay wise I kinda enjoyed it most but with all the negative reviews I kinda of approched it a lets shoot stufff way rather then expect hidden layers.

Character wise I like Jake and Helena, Piers I found irritating and catching up with Sherry was cool. Ada gets the best lines now it seems, Leon seemed to of lost some (...bingo?) and Chris character wise I think I liked him better when he was a cop investigating disappearences in an old mansion rather than some BSAA Captain.

Story wise I wish they'd ditch the BSAA.

So overall its better than 5 although if they'd took Lost In Nightmares as the template for 6 it would of been a much better Resi
  • Rose-of-Sorrow 9 Oct 2012 09:51:40 500 posts
    Seen 33 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @Ultrasoundwave You're in for a treat when you get to Ada's campaign. From what I've played so far, it's the best in the game- and like Leon's- closest to what we expect from Resident Evil.
  • mcmonkeyplc 9 Oct 2012 11:15:17 39,411 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    I'll buy it when it's cheap.

Come and get it cumslingers!

• kinky_mong 9 Oct 2012 11:26:21 10,100 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    GiarcYekrub wrote:
    OK I've completed this now, On Single Player, Professional as Helena,Sherry,Chris and Ada.

Strangely I didn't have too much to moan about with Chris's campain the key problem with that is the lack of a female partner, so I couldn't play out my fantasy of wearing a woman's skin.
    Fixed that for you.

I'll never get my Orc looking the same again.

• Page

of 46 First / Last