Resident Evil 6 Page 32

• Page

of 46 First / Last

• Notallowedhere 4 Oct 2012 09:07:37 94 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    "Zombies with guns"?

You haven't actually played the game have you?
  • SolidSCB 4 Oct 2012 09:08:13 6,646 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I'm well aware they aren't zombies in the traditional sense. That doesn't make the fact that an army of infected mutants are flying fucking helicopters at my head any less terrible.
  • GiarcYekrub 4 Oct 2012 11:56:32 3,736 posts
    Seen 22 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I see www.ResidentEvil.net is offline now due to overloaded servers
  • graz68 4 Oct 2012 13:03:48 114 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Gotta say I am enjoying this so far. Got 2:39 on the clock and still on chapter 1 of Leon's campaign. Not evening going that slowly either, this game is just huge.
  • Darren 4 Oct 2012 13:04:34 8,788 posts
    Seen 26 seconds ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I only got the Xbox 360 steelbook yesterday but I managed to play the Leon/Helena campaign for just over an hour. I picked that campaign because I assumed it would follow on from the opening/tutorial section but it doesn't as it jumps back to an earlier point (and isn't the true start of the game either going by the timeline accessed from the main menu).

I thought the game was enjoyable enough although the constant QTEs are getting mildly annoying. I'm playing on Amateur just to experience the story but even on that mode ammo seems irritatingly scarce so I'm tending to use the knife and Leon's finishing moves to despatch most of the enemies. Visually the game is impressive considering the age of the hardware it is running on (I rarely play Xbox 360 games these days and this is the first in eight months as the PC is my preferred format for multiformat games). Yes, some of the textures are ropey but cutscenes (are these real-time?) and lighting are exceptional. Only the framerate lets things down a bit, sometimes feeling horribly laggy, but at least the game doesn't have any screen tearing (an issue that drove me away from Xbox 360 games in the first place).

Looking forward to spending more time on this game over the next week or so.

PS3, PS4, PS Vita, Wii U, Xbox One, PC (Intel Core i7-4770K, 16 GB, 3 GB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780, Windows 8.1 Pro), iPad 4, iPad mini with Retina Display.

• Darren 4 Oct 2012 13:05:39 8,788 posts
    Seen 26 seconds ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    P.S. I like the new inventory. It might not be perfect but it's a lot slicker and easier to use than the cumbersome one from RE5.

PS3, PS4, PS Vita, Wii U, Xbox One, PC (Intel Core i7-4770K, 16 GB, 3 GB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780, Windows 8.1 Pro), iPad 4, iPad mini with Retina Display.

• SolidSCB 6 Oct 2012 01:11:46 6,646 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Onto Chapter 3 of Ada's campaign. So much better than the rest of the game is this. If anyone can be arsed to get through the rest of the shite, there is a bit of proper Resident Evil to be had at the end of the rainbow.
  • Jmek 6 Oct 2012 08:22:29 1,322 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Pants! The game crashed just after the first half of chapter 4 on Leon's campaign. Error message that the data had become corrupted & to please delete the file. Unfortunately I attempted this when half drunk and managed to delete the save file instead! Eight hours of play down the tubes. Ahh well, contrary to a lot of reviews I'm having a huge amount of fun with this game and therefore am looking forward to replaying it.
  • Deleted user 6 October 2012 11:40:00
    Looking forward to getting back to this, had a riot playing co-op the other night. The game may be shrouded in infamy but if you can manage to get the "its not survival horror" out of your head and find a steady co-op partner chances are you will enjoy it.

Its not the greatest game, floored in many ways but its not the tower of shit people make it out to be.
  • Trafford 6 Oct 2012 12:05:21 5,739 posts
    Seen 40 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I heard about a Lone Wolf skill that helps if you're playing solo.
    Very tempted with this, been replaying 4.
  • SolidSCB 6 Oct 2012 12:12:11 6,646 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Trafford wrote:
    I heard about a Lone Wolf skill that helps if you're playing solo.
    Very tempted with this, been replaying 4.
    I think Lone Wolf is more of a detrimental skill. If I remember right it's the one that means your partner will never pick you up if you're dying.
  • Trafford 6 Oct 2012 12:47:20 5,739 posts
    Seen 40 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Yeah, but they'd stay the fuck away and only turn up when I need help with a door.
  • Ultrasoundwave 6 Oct 2012 14:28:19 3,282 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    TearYouAsunder wrote:
    Looking forward to getting back to this, had a riot playing co-op the other night. The game may be shrouded in infamy but if you can manage to get the "its not survival horror" out of your head and find a steady co-op partner chances are you will enjoy it.

Its not the greatest game, floored in many ways but its not the tower of shit people make it out to be.
    +1

Agree with this completely. I've only done a few hours of each campaign but I've had loads of fun.

The idiots like Jim Sterling who have given this 2,3 or 4 out of 10 are just angry fanboys.

"The worst part is, I'll have to have the break-up sex with myself!"

• Syrette 6 Oct 2012 14:53:40 43,359 posts
    Seen 36 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Jim Sterling is the most miserable reviewer on the planet. IIRC he gave Left 4 Dead 2 something like 5/10.

• -cerberus- 6 Oct 2012 15:08:27 2,724 posts
    Seen 14 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Ultrasoundwave wrote:The idiots like Jim Sterling who have given this 2,3 or 4 out of 10 are just angry fanboys.
    And, to balance things out, the idiots like Gametrailers who have given this 7, 8 or 9 out of 10 are just happy fanboys.

Having played a good chunk of the game in co-op with a friend, it doesn't look, play or feel any different than the latest demo, which perfectly represents what the full game is like in a nutshell. I'm with Eurogamer on this one: 6/10.

"You see it too? For me, it's always like this..."
    (Angela Orosco - Silent Hill 2)

• StarchildHypocrethes 6 Oct 2012 15:12:50 25,659 posts
    Seen 54 seconds ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I'm no angry fanboy and I just traded this steaming turd in for 30 quid at HMV. Let's just pretend the other 10 and RE6 itself never happened.
  • Ultrasoundwave 6 Oct 2012 15:13:51 3,282 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Syrette wrote:
    Jim Sterling is the most miserable reviewer on the planet. IIRC he gave Left 4 Dead 2 something like 5/10.

He gave Vanquish the same. Miserable fat bastard.

Resi 6 (so far) is a perfectly good game, bordering on excellent. Maybe I'll change my mind by the time it's finished, but after a few hours its bordering on 8-9 out of 10 territory for me.

"The worst part is, I'll have to have the break-up sex with myself!"

• SolidSCB 6 Oct 2012 15:29:32 6,646 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Leon's campaign was perfectly acceptable if unspectucular. The rest of it is zombies-with-guns horse shit. Ada's has been great in parts so far though, I'll give it that much.
  • DUFFMAN5 6 Oct 2012 15:36:26 14,603 posts
    Seen 41 seconds ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    StarchildHypocrethes wrote:
    I'm no angry fanboy and I just traded this steaming turd in for 30 quid at HMV. Let's just pretend the other 10 and RE6 itself never happened.
    Shame of it is, that once again,the latest RE has broken all records sell wise, so Capcom will assume we don't want proper old school survival horror when we really DO.
    My only hope for the series is Handhelds and please let it happen a Remake of Resident Evil 2.

Edited by DUFFMAN5 at 15:57:53 06-10-2012

"Duffman the grey is thrusting in the direction of the problem! Oh, yeah!"

• Deleted user 6 October 2012 15:42:02
    Is anyone else experiencing issues with the servers today?
  • Feanor 6 Oct 2012 15:52:14 14,148 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Apparently the PS3 servers are fucked right now.
  • Jmek 6 Oct 2012 18:04:38 1,322 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Well I think it's been pretty excellent so far. Played Leon's chapter's 1 -3 and Jake's 1 and half way through chapter 2. Top fun.
  • Deleted user 6 October 2012 21:29:24
    I'm really enjoying this, despite the fact it has as many jumps as a crippled kangaroo its really great. I've been playing with TearYouAsunder and having a blast. A reliable Co-Op buddy makes all the difference with this. I think Chris's chapter seems to be the weakest so far but I'm really enjoying Leon and Jakes campaign.

Theres some elements I could definitely live without but as a Co-Op game I'm having immense fun compared to the misery I experienced when trying to do the missions solo.

Also is it just me of is the opening menu music the biggest rip off of Hans Zimmers Batman soundtrack or what?
  • King_Edward 6 Oct 2012 21:40:19 11,454 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Syrette wrote:
    It's true, but I think it's only fair to point out that all his criticisms were genuine, rather than a couple of our reviews just moaning at the lack of any survival horror elements.

He's harsh and a compulsive low baller, but he does offer an honest opinion.
  • King_Edward 6 Oct 2012 21:44:40 11,454 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    DUFFMAN5 wrote:
    StarchildHypocrethes wrote:
    Shame of it is, that once again,the latest RE has broken all records sell wise, so Capcom will assume we don't want proper old school survival horror when we really DO.
    They broke their shipment record, but that would've been based on the assumption that the game was in for at least pretty good reviews. Instead its got a comparative mauling. I don't think it'll sell as well as RE5 did.
  • Steve_Perry 6 Oct 2012 22:16:33 3,938 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Judging by the reviews it sounds like this game is Resident Evil 4 with better graphics, forced co-op, linear exploration, no puzzles and little atmosphere.

Sounds like Resident Evil 5. No sale.

Edited by Steve_Perry at 22:17:58 06-10-2012

VIVA STEFANSEN

• dominalien 6 Oct 2012 22:32:35 6,848 posts
    Seen 44 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Managed to finish Leon's first chapter tonight. Some bloke was helping me; he had clearly completed this part before.

It really doesn't feel like a RE game. I keep thinking back to RE5 and this is so completely different. A bit of Uncharted, some L4D. It's fun, but I'm still getting used to it.

How do item drops work in co-op? It looks like the other person doesn't need to pick up anything? Also, how do comms work? I'm playing with the wireless headset, does this mean the other guy can hear me all the time? I played with two people so far and couldn't hear a peep out of them.

PSN: DonOsito

• Deleted user 6 October 2012 22:43:37
    @dominalien Items exixt in seperate worlds so you can loot away at what enemies drop. You get yours and the other player gets theirs. Same applies to skill points.

I've being playing with a com and if the other player has a headset you hear them through the earpiece. Otherwise you come through the TV speakers.

Edited by WeakOrbit at 22:44:25 06-10-2012
  • tonimoon 7 Oct 2012 00:17:38 4 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    @GiarcYekrub nah, they caught the t-virus
  • Darth_Flibble 7 Oct 2012 13:15:05 1,671 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Have to agree, sterling's criticisms were genuine but he likes to mark the score down a bit more.

Played a bit of chris in co-op to get through the fucking terrible experience. Single player on chapter 3 was just a cluster fuck of a experience. Leon's campaign is like 4 until it turns in 5 again, it even points out where to get the statues (its not like they are even fucking hidden)

Giantbomb did an really insightful chat about the game on their podcast, worth a listen unless you are ones of people who foam at the mouth shouting down any negative comment
  • Page

of 46 First / Last