Resident Evil 6 Page 4

• Page

of 47 First / Last

• EmiliasHorse 7 Jun 2009 18:02:15 290 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Zombies must make a return and wonky camera angles ..... I want to feel fear. Siren Blood curse and Project Zero are scary. Silent Hill and Resi stopped being scary a while ago.

• Progguitarist 7 Jun 2009 19:41:44 10,509 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    squarejawhero wrote:
    For me there wasn't much wrong with RE5 and it was totally as expected.

I can understand some of the disappointment but think some of the more vehement views against it are utterly absurd.

No they arent, they're just different views.

I thought the game was utter shit, just MY opinion of it and it certainly isnt absurd.
  • SirScratchalot 7 Jun 2009 21:05:09 7,877 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    nickthegun wrote:
    Ive got it and I stopped playing it for that reasons.

I was actually just about to post 'be careful what you wish for'. If capcom gave us the resident evil some of seem to want it would probably be awful.

I would almost certainly complain about the back tracking being as archaic as the tank controls.

I never get this though, do you only ever go into a room once in real life?
    It just seems to me that if you actually want to make a location as a central setting for your game, you're going to have to have some retreading of ground.
    I'd very much not like all my games to be corridor shooters moving from A to B on to C.
  • Deleted user 7 June 2009 22:19:46
    Progguitarist wrote:
    squarejawhero wrote:
    For me there wasn't much wrong with RE5 and it was totally as expected.

I can understand some of the disappointment but think some of the more vehement views against it are utterly absurd.

No they arent, they're just different views.

I thought the game was utter shit, just MY opinion of it and it certainly isnt absurd.

/points at Progguitarist

ABSURD.
  • Rauha 1 Sep 2010 12:15:34 4,271 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    http://www.3djuegos.com/juegos/articulos/49/0/entrevista-con-keiji-inafune/

Inafune says Resident Evil 6 info is around the corner.
  • Deleted user 1 September 2010 14:01:30
    Please be like Resi 1 and 2.
  • billythekid 1 Sep 2010 14:09:35 11,327 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    iHAZaCHEEZ3burger wrote:
    Please be like Resi 1 and 2.

This! It's important this happens.
  • the_dudefather 1 Sep 2010 14:12:30 9,400 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Please be like Resi THREE instead

Yo, you can walk up stairs without having to press a button, even code veronica doesn't have that

(ง ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°)

• Deleted user 1 September 2010 14:14:03
    A mix between the first 5 would be great (CV being 4, RE4 being 5 :D )
  • billythekid 1 Sep 2010 14:14:39 11,327 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Ok, but RE should NOT be a shooter game. I want tension, puzzles and running away screaming from stuff that jumps out on you.
  • mcmonkeyplc 1 Sep 2010 14:17:04 39,521 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    I want it to be a cross between RE2 and 4.

MAKE IT SO!

Come and get it cumslingers!

• Rauha 1 Sep 2010 14:18:36 4,271 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    ecosse_011172 wrote:
    Rauha wrote:
    http://www.3djuegos.com/juegos/articulos/49/0/entrevista-con-keiji-inafune/

Inafune says Resident Evil 6 info is around the corner.

Well, he said they want it on the market ASAP and that we'll hear some news soon, it may not be coming that soon...

Dado el gran éxito que supuso para nosotros Resident Evil 5, queremos que Resident Evil 6 salga al mercado lo antes posible. De hecho, tendréis noticias de Capcom acerca de esto en breve…

^^That's what had me. You're right though, maybe not be 'TGS soon', but it can't be too far off.
  • Deleted user 1 September 2010 14:23:54
    RE5 was disappointing. If they got rid of co-op and made it less action-oriented it could be good. I want Resident Evil, not Gears of War.
  • matrim83 1 Sep 2010 14:28:30 5,597 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I dont mind co op but I would rather not have an AI controlled teammate with me if I am playing solo. If its SP just leave me alone and let me play. If its co op then throw another person in it. Guardian of light does this so should RE6.

I know that fucks up the story line, cutscenes, some silly co op moves and what not but I couldnt care less about that.

Being solo ups the tension and scare factor plus I dont have to worry about retarded AI using up my precious Ammo.

Valar morghulis.

• Deleted user 1 September 2010 14:29:34
    deathgibbon wrote:
    RE5 was disappointing. If they got rid of co-op and made it less action-oriented it could be good. I want Resident Evil, not Gears of War.
    If they're gonna do co-op, I'd rather they just made a new RE:online now that we have the proper infrastructure.
  • Deleted user 1 September 2010 14:30:47
    It removed the sense of isolation that RE4 had (until Ashley came along). AI partners are always annoying. Having to manage two inventories was an unnecessary inconvienence.

And they'd better bring back the menu inventory. Having it real-time was an unbelievably crap decision.

Gears 1 (haven't played 2) > RE5, clearly.
  • mrpon 1 Sep 2010 14:33:49 29,436 posts
    Seen 22 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    deathgibbon wrote:
    Having it real-time was an unbelievably crap decision.
    Isn't Dead Space real-time? [not played it yet] Doesn't it add to the panic?

Give yourself £5 or ½ gig, you're worth it.

• whoyouknow 1 Sep 2010 14:36:57 163 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Resident Evil 4 controls, Resident Evil 3 scary. Bring it on.
  • Deleted user 1 September 2010 14:37:27
    I can't quite remember Dead Space's inventory, but I can only assume that was a good thing. RE5's inventory was a total faff.

Real-time inventories aren't always bad. It's tremendous in Gears. It was simply badly implemented in RE5. I want to be scared by the atmosphere and the enemies, not the inventory.
  • Deleted user 1 September 2010 14:38:37
    If they're going to carry on making them like Resi4(which I loved) and 5 atleast make one for XBL like the first few games.

PLEASE CAPCOM! PLEASE!
  • Load_2.0 1 Sep 2010 14:40:21 19,530 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    No more labs!

Stupid labs. RE4 ws great for settings, villages, open fields (to an extent) lakes, castles are all good.

Labs and army bases? BORING!

• mrpon 1 Sep 2010 14:40:41 29,436 posts
    Seen 22 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I hear ya dg, Gears is pretty sublime for me. I don't want to start fucking around in some Tetris-like inventory mini-game.

Give yourself £5 or ½ gig, you're worth it.

• mcmonkeyplc 1 Sep 2010 14:43:39 39,521 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Load "$" wrote:
    No more labs!

Stupid labs. RE4 ws great for settings, villages, open fields (to an extent) lakes, castles are all good.

Labs and army bases? BORING!

What are you talking about?! Labs and army bases are the bread and butter of RE games! Go and play gays or whores!

Come and get it cumslingers!

• Deleted user 1 September 2010 14:50:45
    Army bases? Have you played an RE game, mcm?
  • Load_2.0 1 Sep 2010 14:51:24 19,530 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    No labs are the tired old cliché of RE video games.

You go replay RE 1-3.
  • bad09 1 Sep 2010 14:51:46 6,222 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    ecosse_011172 wrote:
    I'd be happy with more of the same as RE4/5 and pointer controls.

Thankfully Capcom already had damage control just after it's launch and said 5 was the "last of it's kind", so no more boring arcade shooter lark like 4 & 5 for number 6.

Whether or not they will go back to the the greatness of the original RE format though is anyone's guess. I certainly hope 6 will be more like the awesome originals but, for all the bland arcade shooting, 4 and 5 did sell really well so brainless, arcadey, shooty shooty does seem likely. Sadly :(

• Page

of 47 First / Last