Resident Evil 6 Page 30

• Page

of 47 First / Last

• MatMan562 2 Oct 2012 12:59:33 2,604 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I hate user review scores on places like metacritic, if people don't like the game they give it 0 and if they do they give it 10, apart from a few relatively sane people. Case in point:

DeepDive on Metacritic wrote:
    The Mediocrity of this game is outstanding...
    He awarded it 0. If it's as mediocre as he says surely it deserves a 5 exactly, no more, no less.

Anyway, i've settled on only getting this when I have a co-op partner to play with or when it's around the £10 mark.

XBL/ PSN/ Steam/ NNID - MatMan562

• Ultrasoundwave 2 Oct 2012 13:31:08 3,411 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    darkmorgado wrote:
    @Ultrasoundwave

Funnily enough, the Games tm one is one of the ones that sat oddly with me. They did a preview of near-completed code just a couple of months ago and they really, and I mean really tore the game to pieces. 4 pages of pure game assassination. They had clearly already made up their mind, describing the whole thing as a massive broken mess of ideas that didn't work and characters and a story that were just absolute rubbish. They may as well have slapped a big fat 3/10 on it right there.

And then, a couple of months later, they review what is presumably almost the same code (presumably, what can really change in two months?), slap a 7 on it and really tone down the hate.
    @darkmorgado

Yeah, i read that preview too and i was expecting them to tear it apart. However, am i right in saying that 'preview' is just a fancy word for 'we tried the demo months before you did'?.

I do find it frustrating when people say "oh, this game is terrible, its absolute shite. How do i know?, because i've played the demo fuckwit".

I'm prepared to give Resi 6 a go. I'll give my initial thoughts later on tonight.....

Edited by Ultrasoundwave at 13:38:46 02-10-2012

"The worst part is, I'll have to have the break-up sex with myself!"

• Ultrasoundwave 2 Oct 2012 13:38:12 3,411 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    FatsoJetson wrote:
    Ultrasoundwave wrote:
    @King_Edward

Already got Borderlands, love it!.

Despite the poor reviews (there are some decent reviews too) im prepared to give it a go.

Starchild, how far have you gone through it?, have you tried all three campaigns??
    I'd be interested to hear how you get on with this. I saw a couple of pages back that you and your missus plan to play through it co-op after enjoying Resi 5.

As Resi 5 was the only game I've been able to get my wife to play in 10 years (other than Wii-based dancing games) I'm hopeful that Resi 6 will be equally as enjoyable to play together.

My mrs absolutely loved Resi 5 mate.

Similar to you, it was one of the first proper games i've managed to get her in to (another bit of advice - she LOVES Borderlands). A lot of the negativity that Resi 5 seemed to get revolved around people finding AI Sheva frustrating - playing through Resi 5 with an actual person, it becomes a brilliant game IMO.

I'll be honest, that was the main reason for me picking up Resi 6 today, regardless of the negative reviews. We'll give it a go and if we dont like it, ill trade it in by the end of the week and recoup most of my money.

Its also worth noting that a lot of the negative reviews (especially that fat cock Sterling) have been people playing the game single-player. I wouldnt mind reading a review where someone has played through, start to finish, with a co-op partner sat next to them on the couch.

• Deleted user 2 October 2012 13:39:50
    "Proper games" lol
  • Ultrasoundwave 2 Oct 2012 13:44:47 3,411 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Proper games = not wii games. :rolleyes:

• Ultrasoundwave 2 Oct 2012 13:56:06 3,411 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    .....and as it happens, i've just read the CVG review, where the guy does mention that the game is significantly better when played in co-op.

Actually looking forward to it now!

• Radamel 2 Oct 2012 13:58:00 795 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    How come Wii games are not "proper games"?

I love playing Wii Sports Resort. Am I an "improper gamer"?

Ó mar salgado, quanto do teu sal
    São lágrimas de Portugal!
    Por te cruzarmos, quantas mães choraram,
    Quantos filhos em vão rezaram!
    Quantas noivas ficaram por casar
    Para que fosses nosso, ó mar!

• Steve_Perry 2 Oct 2012 14:02:00 5,200 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Unless you play WoW for 23 hours a day and piss in a bottle while grinding for l00tz, then sorry, you just aren't hardcore enough.
  • King_Edward 2 Oct 2012 14:15:49 11,471 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Proper games are at least 50% cut-scenes. That's how you tell. :)

Good luck with the Mrs USW, but this is getting a whole different level of negativity than RE5 got. Don't get your hopes up.

Edited by King_Edward at 14:16:19 02-10-2012
  • Oh-Bollox 2 Oct 2012 14:27:25 5,424 posts
    Seen 25 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Ultrasoundwave wrote:
    Its also worth noting that a lot of the negative reviews (especially that fat cock Sterling) have been people playing the game single-player.
    He specifically mentions the co-op in his review. If it's better in co-op it's because there's another human you like there doing the same thing you are, not because the game is actually any better.

If I played through RE6 co-op, the only enjoyment I would get is taking the piss. Although I would probably get a lot of mileage out of that.
  • Deleted user 2 October 2012 14:36:09
    6 huh. Ouch. Can't believe it's significantly worse than something like Spec Ops.

The worst I could label at the demo is generic.
  • Ultrasoundwave 2 Oct 2012 14:55:09 3,411 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Oh-Bollox wrote:
    Ultrasoundwave wrote:
    Its also worth noting that a lot of the negative reviews (especially that fat cock Sterling) have been people playing the game single-player.
    He specifically mentions the co-op in his review. If it's better in co-op it's because there's another human you like there doing the same thing you are, not because the game is actually any better.

If I played through RE6 co-op, the only enjoyment I would get is taking the piss. Although I would probably get a lot of mileage out of that.
    Im not sure mate - i've read his review twice and yes, he does mention the co-op, but he doesnt state if he actually played the game with someone alongside him.

Im not sticking up for the game until i've tried it myself - i do know that Sterling is an attention seeking ass-hat though whose brand of "journalism" is ridiculously simple.

Also, bare in mind, this is the same guy that gave Vanquish a 5/10 :confused:

• FatsoJetson 2 Oct 2012 15:08:45 309 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Ultrasoundwave wrote:
    FatsoJetson wrote:
    Ultrasoundwave wrote:
    @King_Edward

Already got Borderlands, love it!.

Despite the poor reviews (there are some decent reviews too) im prepared to give it a go.

Starchild, how far have you gone through it?, have you tried all three campaigns??
    I'd be interested to hear how you get on with this. I saw a couple of pages back that you and your missus plan to play through it co-op after enjoying Resi 5.

As Resi 5 was the only game I've been able to get my wife to play in 10 years (other than Wii-based dancing games) I'm hopeful that Resi 6 will be equally as enjoyable to play together.

My mrs absolutely loved Resi 5 mate.

Similar to you, it was one of the first proper games i've managed to get her in to (another bit of advice - she LOVES Borderlands). A lot of the negativity that Resi 5 seemed to get revolved around people finding AI Sheva frustrating - playing through Resi 5 with an actual person, it becomes a brilliant game IMO.

I'll be honest, that was the main reason for me picking up Resi 6 today, regardless of the negative reviews. We'll give it a go and if we dont like it, ill trade it in by the end of the week and recoup most of my money.

Its also worth noting that a lot of the negative reviews (especially that fat cock Sterling) have been people playing the game single-player. I wouldnt mind reading a review where someone has played through, start to finish, with a co-op partner sat next to them on the couch.
    I'm similarly hopeful that co-op lifts the experience, although we (she) did tend to have a problem with the QTE bits in the last game - so the reported abundance of them in Resi 6 concerns me a little.

Borderlands 2 is a good call, but I'm waiting until Girlfriend-mode (Mechromancer) becomes available before trying her on that as even I find Borderlands punishing at times.
  • Petulant_Radish 2 Oct 2012 15:09:49 653 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I CAN'T STOP SEEING THIS: http://twitpic.com/b0dskl
  • Mark1412 2 Oct 2012 15:10:26 596 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I did Leon's campaign co-op. It's fair to say it's more fun co-op but it's also fair to say that's only because having someone else to complain/laugh with eases the pain.

My friend flat out refused to play the boss battle at the end, mind, went to sleep instead.

Edited by Mark1412 at 15:11:19 02-10-2012

• -cerberus- 2 Oct 2012 15:34:47 3,620 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Ultrasoundwave wrote: I do find it frustrating when people say "oh, this game is terrible, its absolute shite. How do i know?, because i've played the demo fuckwit".
    I'm having a friend come over with his copy of the game. Now we'll see if the full game looks, feels and plays any different compared to the second demo. My guess is no, but I'm in no way reluctant to be proven wrong.

People are bastard-coated bastards with bastard filling.

• dominalien 2 Oct 2012 17:05:50 7,065 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Petulant_Radish wrote:
    I CAN'T STOP SEEING THIS: http://twitpic.com/b0dskl
    Argh, I kept seeing a woman, now all I'll be able to see is the fish :-(

PSN: DonOsito

• King_Edward 2 Oct 2012 17:43:50 11,471 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I would say I can't wank to that anymore, but it would be a lie.
  • Jmek 2 Oct 2012 18:05:18 1,357 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Fecking hell Amazon failed yet again to deliver on time. No Resi for me tonight :(
  • Deleted user 2 October 2012 19:39:05
    Im still on the look out for a full time co-op partner, It pains me to say but the game is infinitely more enjoyable when playing with someone else. Its a fucking chore playing alone.

Sacrilege, I know, but this is Capcom's doing.

So again, any PS3 owners, please give me a shout!
  • dominalien 2 Oct 2012 20:53:16 7,065 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    @TearYouAsunder

I'll play, if you can give me a couple of days. I'll be getting the game later in the week and I need to sort my homeplug situation so my PS3 can get a wired connection. Plus, I'll only have some time to play starting Fri, maybe.

That's if you don't find anyone else in the mean time :-)

PSN: DonOsito

• Deleted user 2 October 2012 21:09:54
    dominalien wrote:
    @TearYouAsunder

I'll play, if you can give me a couple of days. I'll be getting the game later in the week and I need to sort my homeplug situation so my PS3 can get a wired connection. Plus, I'll only have some time to play starting Fri, maybe.

That's if you don't find anyone else in the mean time :-)
    Vey much appreciate it! I shall continue my search but will certainly come calling if I'm still partner-less at the weeks end. (which would seem most likely because it would appear that nobody has actually bought this game) Thanks :)
  • SolidSCB 3 Oct 2012 00:25:23 7,366 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Can't believe no one has mentioned Leon's swimming animation yet. That is the most hilarious thing I've ever seen in a videogame.
  • GiarcYekrub 3 Oct 2012 08:55:48 3,857 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    First Impressions:
    Feels unfinshed, Large environments seem intended to be littered with collectables and Ex files seem more lifeless and static than the prerendered ones from the past. Hardly any thing is investigatable, feels like one of those annoying Mario and Sonic levels where your being pushed forward. Problem is the pace I haven't felt like I've started the game proper yet, certainly haven't encounted my 1st puzzel yet but in RE5 we had to wait till the boat level for it to start becoming Resident Evilly
  • GiarcYekrub 3 Oct 2012 08:57:59 3,857 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Oh yeah the one true improvements IMO of RE4 and 5 seems missing where are the chapter stats or are the very long chapters?
  • SolidSCB 3 Oct 2012 09:07:12 7,366 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    You do get stats at the end of chapters. They are just quite long!
  • mrpon 3 Oct 2012 09:09:56 29,562 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    RE5 must be the game with the most "A" button presses before you start the game.

Give yourself £5 or ½ gig, you're worth it.

• GiarcYekrub 3 Oct 2012 09:17:42 3,857 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Another thing, I'm sure this is the first time I encounted invisible walls in a Resi Game
  • Notallowedhere 3 Oct 2012 09:18:02 94 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Opening 10 minutes were nearly enough for me to take it back straight away. Now started to get into the Leon bit and it's growing on me.
  • GiarcYekrub 3 Oct 2012 09:29:30 3,857 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @Notallowedhere definitely agree with that
  • Page

of 47 First / Last