Resident Evil 6 Page 29

• Page

of 46 First / Last

• King_Edward 2 Oct 2012 06:26:35 11,454 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    darkmorgado wrote:
    An 8.8 for story for any Resi game is madness, frankly.
    In a post Uncharted world "story" is a code word for "set-piece count".
  • Bombonera 2 Oct 2012 06:51:27 344 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I've completed all four campaigns now. I think the worst things about the game are the QTEs and the vehicle sections. They are utterly abysmal. The car chases remind me of a very poor man's Midnight Club, the helicopter and plane bits were reminiscent of a poor man's Battlefield. There's also a snowmobile bit which actually wasn't that bad.
  • spamdangled 2 Oct 2012 07:10:10 27,276 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I read sme stuff abut the snowmobile section - think it was the Games tm preview the other month - and they said it was one of the worst parts that they played. Was it driving into the screen trying to escape an avalanche by any chance?

3DS: 4055-2781-2855 Xbox: spamdangled PSN: dark_morgan Wii U: Spamdangle Steam: spamdangled

• King_Edward 2 Oct 2012 07:42:27 11,454 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Supposedly Sherry's story is 90% running into the screen.
  • StarchildHypocrethes 2 Oct 2012 08:03:16 25,591 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    It was the Snowmobile bit I was doing last night.

It was fucking shit.

For some reason I persevered though and managed to get through it...and walked straight into a fucking stealth section.

Think I'm definitely done now.

Edited by StarchildHypocrethes at 08:04:37 02-10-2012
  • dominalien 2 Oct 2012 08:05:54 6,848 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Gamespot gives this a 45? They must have not bought any advertising from them.

That said, I find this especially surprising. I see them as a pretty lenient site.

PSN: DonOsito

• roz123 2 Oct 2012 08:52:30 7,112 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    What a shame
  • Deleted user 2 October 2012 08:56:16
    StarchildHypocrethes wrote:
    It was the Snowmobile bit I was doing last night.

It was fucking shit.

For some reason I persevered though and managed to get through it...and walked straight into a fucking stealth section.

Think I'm definitely done now.
    Way to tick the boxes Capcom!
  • OldCrow 2 Oct 2012 08:59:04 148 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    dominalien wrote:

That said, I find this especially surprising. I see them as a pretty lenient site.
    Still find it amusing people believe game publishers bribe reviewers.

On a Resi note these scores make me want to try it out less.
  • dominalien 2 Oct 2012 09:00:42 6,848 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    OldCrow wrote:
    dominalien wrote:

On a Resi note these scores make me want to try it out less.
    It was a sarcastic comment. You clearly don't remember the Gerstmann debacle, though.

• neilka 2 Oct 2012 09:09:09 15,848 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I've enjoyed the first two Leon chapters, am I a bad person? I suspect it's all downhill from here though.

A map is like comparing velocity and speed.

• spamdangled 2 Oct 2012 09:35:32 27,276 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    OldCrow wrote:
    Erm in Gamespot's case it did happen, and they were caught out. Don't you remember the Kane and Lynch fiasco?

3DS: 4055-2781-2855 Xbox: spamdangled PSN: dark_morgan Wii U: Spamdangle Steam: spamdangled

• nickthegun 2 Oct 2012 09:37:38 59,433 posts
    Seen 41 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    That wasnt so much bribing reviewers as a company policy to keep advertisers happy. A subtle, but important difference.

---------------------------------------------------------
    He totally called it

• Ultrasoundwave 2 Oct 2012 09:38:43 3,280 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Well, i enjoyed playing Resi 5 in co-op so i have bought this too.

Clearly, its not going to be the best game in the world, but a lot of people seem to be complaining about it because Capcom havent gone back to the series' roots.

I'll play it and enjoy it for what it is. Yay me.

"The worst part is, I'll have to have the break-up sex with myself!"

• King_Edward 2 Oct 2012 09:46:22 11,454 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Ultrasoundwave wrote:
    Well, i enjoyed playing Resi 5 in co-op so i have bought this too.

Clearly, its not going to be the best game in the world, but a lot of people seem to be complaining about it because Capcom havent gone back to the series' roots.

I'll play it and enjoy it for what it is. Yay me.
    Almost all the reviews I've read have gone out of there way to stress that it's a mediocre Action game, not just a poor Resi.

Buy Borderlands. :)
  • StarchildHypocrethes 2 Oct 2012 09:50:46 25,591 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Yeah, none of my complaints are anything to do with it not going back to it's roots. It's just a dreadful game in general.
  • Rose-of-Sorrow 2 Oct 2012 09:57:04 500 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @Ultrasoundwave Its good someone is actually going to give it a chance! There's definitely things to like about the game. A lot of these people that are tearing it down have almost certainly enjoyed and own much worse games (not to mention- most haven't even played it yet!) :-)
  • Ultrasoundwave 2 Oct 2012 09:57:13 3,280 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @King_Edward

Already got Borderlands, love it!.

Despite the poor reviews (there are some decent reviews too) im prepared to give it a go.

Starchild, how far have you gone through it?, have you tried all three campaigns??

• Ultrasoundwave 2 Oct 2012 11:04:54 3,280 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Just been re-reading some of the reviews too. I have my personal top three of trusted reviewers : EG, Edge and Games TM.

Out of the three, i normally tend to agree with Games TM the most as they seem like they actually enjoy playing videogames and tend to focus on what games have done right, rather than generally focus on the negatives and critique everything.

*cough*Edge*cough*

All three reviews are quite similar. They all have good things to say about the game, but all three tend to agree that the game is a bit bloated and could have done with cutting an hour or two out.

Also, i've only just decided to look at Metacritic and the game doesnt appear to be the disaster that everyone is making out - 77 out of 100 isnt terrible by any means.

• dominalien 2 Oct 2012 11:11:10 6,848 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Well, the 360 version is just 68, with more than double the reviews.

• StarchildHypocrethes 2 Oct 2012 11:11:47 25,591 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Ultrasoundwave wrote:
    Starchild, how far have you gone through it?, have you tried all three campaigns??
    I've done the first 2 campaigns for Leon, the frist 2 for Chris and the first 1.5 for Jake before giving up last night.

Leon's is poor but had its odd moment. It is majorly hampered thorughout by all the faults I've listed previously.

Jake's is just craptacular.

Chris' is weirdly the most enjoyable, but that's not saying a lot. It's basically just a standard grey military 3rd person shooter with the addition of some odd enemies and some awkward controls.
  • dominalien 2 Oct 2012 11:13:12 6,848 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I'm still on the verge of just going out and getting it right now. It may be not-so-good, but I like this type of game in general, so I'm practically guaranteed to have a good time. Only thing stopping me is I now work 12hr days and haven't played a game properly in weeks.

• spamdangled 2 Oct 2012 12:05:44 27,276 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    @Ultrasoundwave

Funnily enough, the Games tm one is one of the ones that sat oddly with me. They did a preview of near-completed code just a couple of months ago and they really, and I mean really tore the game to pieces. 4 pages of pure game assassination. They had clearly already made up their mind, describing the whole thing as a massive broken mess of ideas that didn't work and characters and a story that were just absolute rubbish. They may as well have slapped a big fat 3/10 on it right there.

And then, a couple of months later, they review what is presumably almost the same code (presumably, what can really change in two months?), slap a 7 on it and really tone down the hate.

• jabberwoky 2 Oct 2012 12:10:06 506 posts
    Seen 23 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I have decided not to bother with this. There are too many good games around, its pointless playing mediocre stuff. Even re-playing an old good game is better than playing a mediocre game. Still can't believe that capcom have urinated all over their franchise just to try to make it more like cod.
  • MadCaddy13 2 Oct 2012 12:18:28 1,880 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I keep being drawn towards replaying the demo. I think I enjoyed it! Too many games coming out right now so ill probably get it after Xmas
  • nickthegun 2 Oct 2012 12:21:41 59,433 posts
    Seen 41 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    darkmorgado wrote:
    @Ultrasoundwave

Funnily enough, the Games tm one is one of the ones that sat oddly with me. They did a preview of near-completed code just a couple of months ago and they really, and I mean really tore the game to pieces. 4 pages of pure game assassination. They had clearly already made up their mind, describing the whole thing as a massive broken mess of ideas that didn't work and characters and a story that were just absolute rubbish. They may as well have slapped a big fat 3/10 on it right there.

And then, a couple of months later, they review what is presumably almost the same code (presumably, what can really change in two months?), slap a 7 on it and really tone down the hate.
    Im going to say that different people previewed and reviewed it.

---------------------------------------------------------
    He totally called it

• FatsoJetson 2 Oct 2012 12:33:01 302 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Ultrasoundwave wrote:
    @King_Edward

Already got Borderlands, love it!.

Despite the poor reviews (there are some decent reviews too) im prepared to give it a go.

I'd be interested to hear how you get on with this. I saw a couple of pages back that you and your missus plan to play through it co-op after enjoying Resi 5.

As Resi 5 was the only game I've been able to get my wife to play in 10 years (other than Wii-based dancing games) I'm hopeful that Resi 6 will be equally as enjoyable to play together.
  • Radamel 2 Oct 2012 12:39:24 628 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    http://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-3/resident-evil-6
    http://www.metacritic.com/game/xbox-360/resident-evil-6

I laughed out loud at the user score.

Ó mar salgado, quanto do teu sal
    São lágrimas de Portugal!
    Por te cruzarmos, quantas mães choraram,
    Quantos filhos em vão rezaram!
    Quantas noivas ficaram por casar
    Para que fosses nosso, ó mar!

• dsmx 2 Oct 2012 12:40:15 7,589 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    @nickthegun Yeah that was more like extortion than bribery.

"If we hit that bullseye the rest of the dominoes will fall like a a house of cards, checkmate." Zapp Brannigan

• dsmx 2 Oct 2012 12:41:52 7,589 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    @Radamel currently according to the users it's 600% better on the xbox 360 than on the ps3. Now there's a quote for the back of the box

"If we hit that bullseye the rest of the dominoes will fall like a a house of cards, checkmate." Zapp Brannigan

• Page

of 46 First / Last