Resident Evil 6 Page 18

• Page

of 46 First / Last

• Deleted user 19 September 2012 13:02:32
    As Toonster said, he's an american talk-show host, not really odd to not know who he is it?
  • damagedinc 19 Sep 2012 13:08:52 692 posts
    Seen 40 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Not being able to progress because your random co-op partner went awol will prob get annoying.

Very clunky.
  • damagedinc 19 Sep 2012 13:50:57 692 posts
    Seen 40 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Played all three campaigns now and this is just awful. Such a shame, all we wanted was a stripped down survival horror with leon and we have this mess.

The new menu system is shockingly bad, camera is awful and the gun play is quite frankly boring.

Big fan of the series and was a bit disapointed with 5 bit at least it knew what it wanted to be. This is just a cluster fuck of ideas.

Canceled pre order and will wait to see if the retail copy is a marked inprovement.

Edited by damagedinc at 13:51:40 19-09-2012
  • ecureuil 19 Sep 2012 14:18:58 76,526 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Toonster wrote:
    @CrispyXUK

Conan's an American talk-show host. He's made some pretty funny videos/skits in the past, so maybe you've seen him in those. He's also done a review of Minecraft and Skyrim in his videogame segment.
    He also wrote some of the best episodes of The Simpsons.
  • dominalien 19 Sep 2012 14:22:04 6,839 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    damagedinc wrote:
    Played all three campaigns now and this is just awful. Such a shame, all we wanted was a stripped down survival horror with leon and we have this mess.

The new menu system is shockingly bad, camera is awful and the gun play is quite frankly boring.

Big fan of the series and was a bit disapointed with 5 bit at least it knew what it wanted to be. This is just a cluster fuck of ideas.

Canceled pre order and will wait to see if the retail copy is a marked inprovement.
    I won't agree that it's awful, but the options menu is truly shockingly bad.

PSN: DonOsito

• MatMan562 19 Sep 2012 14:26:21 2,316 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I played this last night and was pretty unimpressed. Bearing in mind I really enjoyed RE1, 4 and 5 that doesn't bode well for this game at all. I don't get how Leon's campaign is going to be able to be even remotely survival horror in single-player as the AI partners seem to have infinite ammo. They certainly don't conserve ammo anyway. Aside from that it just wasn't very fun to play. I thought Jake's part was the best as the amount of guns he had meant there was some amount of tactics involved.

Maybe I was just in the wrong mood for it but I certainly wont be getting this at launch as I was hoping to. Maybe when it's around 20 or when I have someone to play through it with.

Edit: By the way, to the people complaining about the camera, are you aware that you can switch shoulder by clicking the right stick?

Edited by MatMan562 at 14:27:10 19-09-2012

Edited by MatMan562 at 14:27:30 19-09-2012

XBL/ PSN/ Steam/ NNID - MatMan562

• theguy 19 Sep 2012 15:59:18 652 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    I did but still couldn't get to grips with it. Think i might give it another go though, got a bit more used to it after a while
  • matrim83 19 Sep 2012 16:10:27 5,587 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    The FOV is just insanely annoying.

Valar morghulis.

• jack24 19 Sep 2012 16:17:29 284 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Tis worth turning hud off and putting classic laser sight on aswell I'd say.

Say what you will about clunky gameplay, but not understanding graphics complaints, it all looks rather tasty to me, especially the character models!
  • King_Edward 19 Sep 2012 16:17:37 11,454 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    spindle9988 wrote:
    When I was asked to go and find a keycard I nearly quit.
    Lifeline! Maybe there is a little classic Resi in here.
  • Nitrous 19 Sep 2012 17:19:54 337 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Well I played the demo lastnight (PS3) and then again this morning just to see what Jake's campaign had to offer but I didnt complete it and turned it off as I wasnt impressed.

Graphics look fine but its the clunky gameplay that let it down and if the full game is anything like what ive played this morning then I wont be buying it. Shame really as I really enjoyed RE4 back on the PS2 and to some degree I even managed to like RE5 just enought to complete it.

Take away the co-op A.I and make it more about survival horror and less about the action and I might be interested but in its current form the Resident Evil franchise just isnt appealing to me at all.
  • Mark1412 19 Sep 2012 17:45:08 513 posts
    Seen 15 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Had a play of the demo. Oh dear.

• -cerberus- 19 Sep 2012 17:47:05 2,456 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    It's fucking terrible. A definite no-buy for me.

"You see it too? For me, it's always like this..."
    (Angela Orosco - Silent Hill 2)

• lavalant 19 Sep 2012 18:09:12 1,266 posts
    Seen 3 weeks ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I don't understand why Capcom chose to ignore the fans complaints about Resi 5 and actually make what seems like a bigger co-op orientated game with more guns and action, I mean there's zombies with machine guns and the Menus are terrible.
  • Deleted user 19 September 2012 18:20:35
    Yeah, played the first demo and now this and really not impressed. Won't be buying.
  • damagedinc 19 Sep 2012 18:55:42 692 posts
    Seen 40 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    You have to wonder why they released this demo, the game would have sold shed loads anyway based on the name. Myself and assuming by response here will not be buying now.

Shot themselves in the foot. Pleased though as i now know it would have been a waste. Shocking demo.
  • Deleted user 19 September 2012 19:00:55
    Just played the leon part. Was ok. A bit uninspired, and the camera seems fine. But its just a bit boring. but i understand that if its early game.
  • Deleted user 19 September 2012 19:10:44
    One thing i was annoyed at, is having to take pre dertimined routes. I saw the metal detectors and knew that as soon as a i walked through them it go off. Next to it is a table that i can clearly get over but i can't. COME ON! seriously.
  • SomaticSense 19 Sep 2012 19:20:44 7,965 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Just managed to go through a whole chunk of the demo just kicking zombies heads off as Leon, looking like Bruce Lee had just entered a grindhouse flick. This was supposed to be the 'proper Resi' section. Not impressed. In fact, I thought it was fucking awful.

What in holy hell have they done to RE...
  • King_Edward 19 Sep 2012 19:21:19 11,454 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    King_Edward wrote:
    spindle9988 wrote:
    When I was asked to go and find a keycard I nearly quit.
    Lifeline! Maybe there is a little classic Resi in here.
    Scratch that. Walking ten feet down a corridor to drab a key is just padding. Any relation this has to Resi 2 is purely cosmetic.
  • -cerberus- 19 Sep 2012 19:23:07 2,456 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    @joelstinton Noticed that as well. But see, if we were able to jump over the chest-high desk next to the detectors the game couldn't activate horde-mode and we'd have to suffer through an entire hallway without shooting shit. D'you realize how frustrating that would be for sideways baseball cap-wearing Jason and his co-op dudebro Steven?

• Deleted user 19 September 2012 19:28:14
    So Resi continues it's descent into being a bad version of Gears of War?

*sigh*

Fuck videogames.
  • SomaticSense 19 Sep 2012 19:29:24 7,965 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Either make a survival horror, or make an action game.

The balance in RE4 and even RE5 was ok, this is evidence that taking it further down the action route just leads to a generally shit action game.

It's actually embarassing that an inexperienced developer like Visceral could come up with the awesome Dead Space, and seasoned vets like Capcom come up with unbalanced steaming crap like this.

Edited by SomaticSense at 19:30:59 19-09-2012
  • King_Edward 19 Sep 2012 19:33:02 11,454 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    The talent just isn't at Capcom anymore. Even if they did make a survival horror game, it'd still suck.

They should just pump out annual updates for Street Fighter and Dead Rising. It's all they're good for.
  • Gambit1977 19 Sep 2012 19:38:56 9,583 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Dunno why Capcom keep insisting on making their games for the 360 crowd :-(

This isn't a generalisation by the way. It's just ever since they got into bed together their games have been shit.
  • -cerberus- 19 Sep 2012 20:48:27 2,456 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    @Gambit1977 I'm sorry, I didn't quite catch that first part. You see, my Retardese isn't very good.

• spamdangled 19 Sep 2012 20:56:05 27,270 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    SomaticSense wrote:
    Just managed to go through a whole chunk of the demo just kicking zombies heads off as Leon, looking like Bruce Lee had just entered a grindhouse flick. This was supposed to be the 'proper Resi' section. Not impressed. In fact, I thought it was fucking awful.

What in holy hell have they done to RE...
    Is it correct that a large part of the Leon section has you wandering down a long corridor in a supposed "will I or won't I be attacked" thing, only to kill off any tension as your weapon is holstered so you know you're not in any danger?

3DS: 4055-2781-2855 Xbox: spamdangled PSN: dark_morgan Wii U: Spamdangle Steam: spamdangled

• uk-kob 19 Sep 2012 21:07:07 126 posts
    Seen 4 months ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    played the demo for 10 minutes that was enough, the graphics are awful! the worst iv seen in a so called AAA game for years, and the game just seems boring, a shame as i liked the series up until now.
    no buy.
  • Deleted user 19 September 2012 21:13:44
    the download was pretty small but such a big demo, should imagine the graphics side is compressed. The over shoulder dof was shocking though. Looked like leon had been splattered flat on the screen, rubbed around a bit and left to dry.
  • Deleted user 19 September 2012 21:33:04
    Just played through the Leon bit. Utter fucking bilge. A piss poor, walk-down-a-corridor-toward-a-waypoint third person shooter with a partner who has tension-killing infinite ammo. Not that it would matter if they didn't because if you use the knife you can just swing the thing around like a maniac and you are functionally invincible.

Started the Chris bit and killed a group of soldiers who were firing guns at me in a fucking Resident Evil game and i just quit.

Gaming really has passed me by. I've played maybe 5 hours worth of stuff in the past month or so (roughly what i used to play every day) and i just don't give a shit any more. I was sort of anticipating this game what with the whole "return to form" thing being bandied about but it's just more generic "chase the waypoint with someone rambling on about tedious plot-points into your comm-link" garbage that literally every second new game is now.

As i said before, fuck videogames My consoles and PC are Netflix and browsing machines now.

Edited by spudsbuckley at 21:33:42 19-09-2012
  • Page

of 46 First / Last