Resident Evil 6 Page 44

• Page

of 47 First / Last

• SomaticSense 18 Jul 2014 12:55:08 8,337 posts
    Seen 42 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Been having an RE binge in preperation for Evil Within and have been having a blast, but there is no way on a T-virus infected Earth I'll be touching this insult to the Resi franchise.

After revisiting the oldies, I've no idea how Capcom went from the godlike Resi 2 and REmake to this garbage. Is there any other company out there that possesses such a fundamental misunderstanding of their own successful product?
  • ecureuil 18 Jul 2014 13:02:50 76,814 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I still haven't even played 6. And I consider myself a big fan of the series. Is it really that bad? The reviews put me off, my gaming time is too limited for me to spend it on crappy games.
  • mcmonkeyplc 18 Jul 2014 13:08:56 39,457 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    I'm a massive fan of the series and I say this with great displeasure, RE6 is one of the worst games I have ever played.

IIt's so bad that I had to stop playing.

Come and get it cumslingers!

• dominalien 18 Jul 2014 14:02:20 6,861 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Yeah, it's horrible. I'll still finish it... someday.

PSN: DonOsito

• SomaticSense 18 Jul 2014 17:45:28 8,337 posts
    Seen 42 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    If they'd just do a RE2 remake, or a new mainline entry in the classic style (they still play really well), or another - proper - RE4 style game, they'd undo a lot of the negative feelings. Unfortunately, judging by RE6 and the palming off of almost every one of their franchises that isn't Monster Hunter to western devs, I'm wondering if they even have the capability to make quality anymore. Fuck sake, now I think of it, a Resi themed Monster Hunter spin-off for RE7 is a million times more likely than a return to any kind of survival horror. And that's just depressing.

Come on Mikami, it's on you now. Please don't fuck it up!
  • ubergine 18 Jul 2014 17:45:44 2,398 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I bought it on 360 for 90% off and going by the opening, it was incredibly expensive and incredibly awful, the Waterworld of games. I did finish RE5 despite not liking it, but just had no interest in anything happening in this.

http://www.youtube.com/user/ubergine

• Cappy 18 Jul 2014 18:43:27 11,941 posts
    Seen 53 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    They should let Resident Evil rest for a bit, Capcom clearly have no idea what they want to do with the series or any core set of features that define the series.

Maybe skip an entire generation and come back at the start of a new one when they can do something fresh without being hemmed in by fan expectations and the need to please as many people as possible with one all-singing all-dancing product.
  • Darth_Flibble 18 Jul 2014 18:59:31 1,694 posts
    Seen 59 seconds ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Resident evil revelations isn't too bad, better than 5 and 6. They do try to appeal to everyone still which is massive mistake.

Capcom are one of the most dumbest fucking publishers out there as its so easy to get the series back on track but they want it appeal to the shooter crowd and don't know how to do it. They could port (sorry...remaster) The RE remake from the cube to consoles and they would make so much money but they are too fucking dumb to do it.
  • ubergine 18 Jul 2014 19:13:08 2,398 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Did remake or zero ever appear on anything else? If not, does it seem likely that Nintendo somehow have a vice-grip on them?

Also, a HD remake of Remake wouldn't be simple at all. You'd need to completely redo the FMV, all new assets created, its not like RE4HD,and even that has some very dodgy fmv where the scenes werent done in-engine and werent deemed worth redoing, its the ps2 scenes, they look awful.

• MothFlesh 18 Jul 2014 19:20:05 370 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 5 months ago
    I thought the first two parts of Leon's Campaign were quite decent in 6 but after that it quickly descended into muck. The other campaigns are absolute shite of the highest order but were enjoyable enough when I co-oped them with a mate. But therein lies the problem.

Resident Evil wasn't mean't to be a co-op game.
    I don't think a remastered version of the Gamecube remaster would even sell that well to be honest, like Cappy said it'd be better to nearly let the series die off and start fresh. Although I'd love to see 2 remade and if they wanted to have an online aspect keep mercenaries and improve on the dark souls style take control of a monster in the single player.

• Darth_Flibble 18 Jul 2014 19:52:17 1,694 posts
    Seen 59 seconds ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    ubergine wrote:
    Did remake or zero ever appear on anything else? If not, does it seem likely that Nintendo somehow have a vice-grip on them?
    No, I don't think nintendo has any rights to those games as can't see capcom saying they can be only be on nintendo platforms. Just think capcom are dumb as they have given some crap western studios their games to fuck up

Also, a HD remake of Remake wouldn't be simple at all. You'd need to completely redo the FMV, all new assets created, its not like RE4HD,and even that has some very dodgy fmv where the scenes werent done in-engine and werent deemed worth redoing, its the ps2 scenes, they look awful.

RE4 HD was a lazy port, they didn't give a fuck as long as some purchased it. (some mental on another forum went full retard at me as didn't think it was worth full price and he kept going on "HD lick of paint" God of war showed you can port the game, don't think they re-did any of the assets apart render the cutscenes. If they upscaled the gameplay, think it would look good for a port

I really hope The evil within is the new wave of Survival horror games that are not just running away. I want some shooting but RE6 and fucking dead space 3 amount
  • Cappy 18 Jul 2014 22:14:23 11,941 posts
    Seen 53 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Darth_Flibble wrote:
    ubergine wrote:
    No, I don't think nintendo has any rights to those games as can't see capcom saying they can be only be on nintendo platforms. Just think capcom are dumb as they have given some crap western studios their games to fuck up
    Whilst Resident Evil Remake and Zero weren't part of the Capcom 5 they were produced under some earlier agreement with Nintendo, probably dating from the time when they announced that Resident Evil was platform hopping and every Resident Evil game would be coming over to the Gamecube.

Another great Capcom decision there, ditching the primary fanbase and then having to feed them with old ports and spinoffs for an entire generation.
  • ecureuil 18 Jul 2014 23:17:13 76,814 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Nintendo must own those games in some way. This is Capcom we're talking about, they'll shove their games on every single format imaginable if given the opportunity. I find it impossible to believe they have simply chosen not to put the remake on a non-Nintendo platform. And it's a shame because it's the best game in the series.
  • Kami 18 Jul 2014 23:53:21 2,435 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    @SomaticSense; Tomb Raider would like to have a word... :p

Aside that though, the worst bit about RE6 is there are some parts of it that could have been expanded on, and been really great. But they are offset with several truly awful, horrible segments that made me want to punch someone very hard in the face. I mean, those Snowmobile segments? ARRGGHHWHYDOYOUDOTHISTOMEKAMISMASHKAMIKILL!

That's the problem with RE6; it's the kitchen sink approach, like everyone got to make suggestions in the office and the bosses came out and said, "We're using them all! You're ALL WINNERS!" Yeeeeeeeah... the project needed someone with a pair of scissors to excise the crap from the start.

There's good stuff in there. But there's just so much awful crap too. It's just... depressing.

And I'm thinking of playing Resident Evil 3: Nemesis again this weekend.

Edit; I recall that Nintendo own some rights to the REMake and RE Zero, although whether it's content or publishing rights I'm not too sure. Still, I'd say the last time Resident Evil was good was under purview of Nintendo so... umm... Reggie and Iwata, hows about some more of that goodness, eh? Don't dump it all on Fatal Frame...

Or just re-release REMake. Either way is good.

Edited by Kami at 23:59:13 18-07-2014

Master of Tekisuto No Kabe. *bows*
    And you're reading this why?!

• Darth_Flibble 19 Jul 2014 10:08:55 1,694 posts
    Seen 59 seconds ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    If nintendo do have some rights to RE remake and Zero, you think they would of ported them to the wii and wii-u for some quick cash. (Not even any "enhancements" for the wii/wii- controllers) (also the cube had lazy ports of re 2 and 3) I got them again as my original playstation died at the time

One thing I don't get still is why RE6 got such an angry defence of the game? Reviewers got accused of "asking for bribes and didn't get one and give a low score in revenge" WTF I guess the more you make your game into a mainstream shooter - Bigger the bunch of cunts you get as new "fans Trouble is with the new fanbase, they will drop the game and look for the next shiny. eg they made Dead space 3 into a bland cannon fodder shooter and it killed the series

For the people who forcing them playing RE6, wait till you get to awful climbing bits with the triggers

Edited by Darth_Flibble at 10:11:25 19-07-2014
  • ecureuil 19 Jul 2014 11:05:35 76,814 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Both the remake and Zero were ported to the Wii.
  • Steve_Perry 19 Jul 2014 11:06:54 4,264 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Darth your post made my eyes bleed.

VIVA STEFANSEN

• Cappy 19 Jul 2014 12:18:19 11,941 posts
    Seen 53 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    ecureuil wrote:
    Both the remake and Zero were ported to the Wii.
    The word 'port' gives the Wii releases a bit more credit than they deserve, re-release would be more appropriate.

Resident Evil 4 is worst of the lot and still renders the same appalling small area as the Gamecube version resulting in appalling image quality since it's getting stretched out to fill an entire screen rather than sitting behind large borders as it did for the Gamecube version.

I'd be surprised if there were any other 'ports' last generation that had less time and money spent on them.
  • SomaticSense 22 Jul 2014 13:34:56 8,337 posts
    Seen 42 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Cappy wrote:
    ... and the need to please as many people as possible with one all-singing all-dancing product.
    Hey don't give the Capcom execs any ideas!

Had the Guitar Hero/ Rock Band profit bubble not burst, or Kinect never died on it's feet, you can guarantee ol' Capcom would've put out a literally "all-singing all-dancing" Resi game. You just know it. Resi 6 could've ended up even worse!

Edited by SomaticSense at 13:38:00 22-07-2014
  • Darth_Flibble 22 Jul 2014 13:39:06 1,694 posts
    Seen 59 seconds ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Steve_Perry wrote:
    Darth your post made my eyes bleed.
    Sure you are not playing RE6 still?
  • GiarcYekrub 22 Jul 2014 16:37:18 3,772 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Dead Space 3 wasn't a cannon fodder shooter, if you played it like that, you played it wrong. The Plasma Cutter is always my weapon of choice.
  • Darth_Flibble 22 Jul 2014 16:54:20 1,694 posts
    Seen 59 seconds ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Once you get to the lost planet, it turns into heavy shooter.
  • SomaticSense 22 Jul 2014 18:24:35 8,337 posts
    Seen 42 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    GiarcYekrub wrote:
    Dead Space 3 wasn't a cannon fodder shooter, if you played it like that, you played it wrong. The Plasma Cutter is always my weapon of choice.
    After the awesome space station opening it was. It turned into a poorly designed cannon fodder shooter at that, with awful checkpointing, crap set pieces, and way too many 'shoot the shit out of a million enemies' horde moments.
  • GameCriticDOTcoDOTuk 29 Jul 2014 16:40:34 166 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 2 months ago
    I got 1000G, took me about 50 hours which is longer than some that did it in 35 hours.

Considering I've played all the game and 1000G Resident Evil 5 few weeks before with a friend in Co-op, overall my opinion is this.

RE5 is a great co-op game but playing individually it's much weaker. While RE6 is phenomenal as a single player game and the AI partner is as good if not better than a very good gamer.

Out of the 4 campaigns, Chris (Gears of War action style) and Jake (Tactical Shooting) were my favourites. Ada which is a puzzle style campaign is a great change up as it encourages stealth and you have use your brain to complete this.

Leon was my least favourites but then I didn't favour the levels or the survival horror gameplay. I also found the bosses to be easier on Leon's then the other 3. I really struggled with Chris chapter 5 boss. In fact I would say it's hardest in the game.

The trick to completing this is get to Skill level 3 on Firearms and defence. Playthrough all levels on difficulty of your choice. Grind money from a certain spot on a chapter then buy infinite ammo for most guns. I went for Magnum for Leon and Jake. Assault Rifle specifically for Chris's final boss on professional. Grenade launcher for Jake and Ada.

Professional is very easy if you do the above. You also can play from the last point of that chapter if you desire so you don't have to replay the whole game.

Lastly, emblems it's best to use a guide for ones you miss. Some are impossible to find otherwise. The best thing is if you miss one, just load up the chapter and find it and it will save when you quit out. You don't have to wait for saving logo on the screen, that is only for ammo and treasure.

Now all you Capcom and JAP game lovers. Please give this a chance! I've shown why it's excelled.

RE:5 - 8/10 (lower if I didn't play co-op)
    RE:6 - 9/10
  • ubergine 29 Jul 2014 16:46:20 2,398 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    You again.

• Steve_Perry 29 Jul 2014 16:48:54 4,264 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    You must be about 13 years old if you think RE6 is a 9/10 game.

VIVA STEFANSEN

• -cerberus- 29 Jul 2014 16:51:39 2,874 posts
    Seen 32 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    You really spent 50 hours playing this piece of shit? :|

Take the plastic bag challenge to cure stupidity.

• Steve_Perry 29 Jul 2014 16:53:49 4,264 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    I probably lasted 2 hours to be honest, which was about an hour too long.

VIVA STEFANSEN

• trav 29 Jul 2014 16:59:12 935 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I hate to mention this, but it has to be done.

Resident Evil reboot.

It is time the slate was wiped clean completely and we head back to the mansion in woods. Start the story from the beginning again and go from there.
  • GameCriticDOTcoDOTuk 29 Jul 2014 17:01:37 166 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 2 months ago
    Steve_Perry wrote:
    You must be about 13 years old if you think RE6 is a 9/10 game.
    It would take a highly precocious, super 13 year old being to write as majestically and eloquently as I but I appreciate your wise cracking jest and humour.

-cerberus- wrote:
    You really spent 50 hours playing this piece of shit? :|
    Of course. Most of my weekend was consumed but it was more than worth it. I favour the nuances of Japanese games and I understand them better than most so to some the score might seem inflated but it's a realistic portrayal of my experience of the game.

A 9/10 is a game I can't put down and this met this criteria.
  • Page

of 47 First / Last