Resident Evil 6 Page 42

• Page

of 47 First / Last

• b0rk 24 Feb 2013 15:57:41 2,942 posts
    Seen 5 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I'm guessing the PC port uses some gnarly high precision HDR mode. Try setting image to medium.
  • itinkuravinalaff 25 Feb 2013 09:46:00 191 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Try playing it on the PS3 :-D / ducks from incoming missiles./
  • -cerberus- 25 Feb 2013 13:43:06 3,346 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    itinkuravinalaff wrote:/ ducks from incoming missiles./
    QTE's are GO!

Edited by -cerberus- at 13:43:22 25-02-2013

Take the plastic bag challenge to cure stupidity.

• senso-ji 1 Mar 2013 22:45:57 5,999 posts
    Seen 9 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Bought this yesterday from Xbox marketplace for 9.

First impressions are 'WTF have they done to my beloved RE series?!'

I've only played Chris Chapter 1 so far and, instead of survival horror, it's a run and gun cover shooter which gets the running, shooting and cover all wrong.

Crap :(
  • Triggerhappytel 1 Mar 2013 23:19:55 2,695 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I know it's had tons of bad reviews and feedback, but if Capcom want to shove it on PSN for 9 as well I will probably take a punt. I guess out of curiosity as much as actually wanting to play it.
  • mcmonkeyplc 11 Mar 2013 10:38:13 39,510 posts
    Seen 15 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    So I bought this for 9 last week in the sale and played it quite a bit over the weekend.

It's somehow not as terrible as the demo. I have no idea what they fuck they did to the demo but the controls are much better in the final game.

I've only played the Leon section so far and although it's trying and in some ways succeeding in representing the original survival horror element of RE, it's still FAR too action orientated. There is no exploration any more, the HUD updates with objective locations instantly and there are no puzzles at all. While searching for keycards can be annoying at least it forces you to explore and work.

The survival part of the survival horror roots is maintained through sheer number of zombies I suppose but It's just an atmospheric shooter now and it pisses me off how little health Leon actually has.

I'm sure I'll bitch some more as I continue to play but so far no where near as bad as the demo implied. No where near as good as it should be.

Come and get it cumslingers!

• mikew1985 11 Mar 2013 10:44:12 12,976 posts
    Seen 11 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    They issued a pretty big patch post release which addressed some control stuff so thats probably the difference between the demo and the build you're playing.

I am assuming of course as I've not played this.
  • the_dudefather 11 Mar 2013 10:48:45 9,387 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    mcmonkeyplc wrote:
    So I bought this for 9 last week in the sale and played it quite a bit over the weekend.

It's somehow not as terrible as the demo. I have no idea what they fuck they did to the demo but the controls are much better in the final game.
    I'm in the same boat, guess the patch helped out, though I haven't played the demo in ages, so maybe massively lowered expectations have helped a bit too ;)

(ง ͠ ͟ʖ ͡)

• mcmonkeyplc 11 Mar 2013 10:52:43 39,510 posts
    Seen 15 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    I remember playing the demo and thinking, "The atmosphere is perfect but the controls! I can't handle these fucking shit controls".

Then I play the game expecting to put up with shitty controls (the price was just right) but it was a pleasant surprise that the controls are much better in the final game.

However, like I said beyond the atmosphere, it remains a shell of the RE I once loved. RE 4 fucked everything :(

• Ultrasoundwave 11 Mar 2013 10:54:14 3,388 posts
    Seen 18 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    mcmonkeyplc wrote:

I also have no idea what happened with the demo, basically they picked three of the worst levels from the game which no doubt hurt the sales a bit.

I originally started off with Leons campaign, playing the game on my own. I only got to the end of the first chapter before the mrs decided she wanted to do co-op, so i deleted my save and we started again - for the record, playing this game in co-op is definitely the way to go.

For some reason, after the mrs joined me, we decided to do the campaigns backwards. We started with Jakes and, to be honest, i didnt think it was anywhere near as bad as people made out.
    There were some good puzzles in there, the Ustanak fights were good and the melee combat was pretty solid. Overall, Jakes campaign wasn't spectacular, but it was very enjoyable.

Chris's is slightly different. Less horror than Jakes campaign, more third-person shooting and a weaker story. Easily the worst out of the three campaigns, although it gets points for the invisible snake fight.

We'll be starting Leons campaign soon, but we did try Mercenaries after we finished Chris's story to see what it was like - its the same concept as the Resi 5 game mode, but this time with a better mix of enemy types - loads of fun basically!.

I know there are some other modes available as DLC (Onslaught, Survivors and Predator) which i havent got yet - anyone know if their any good?

Bottom line is, if you've got 9 spare and you enjoyed Resi 5, you really should ignore the reviews and try this.

"The worst part is, I'll have to have the break-up sex with myself!"

• mcmonkeyplc 11 Mar 2013 11:05:38 39,510 posts
    Seen 15 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    It's good to know that it's better in Co-op, supposed to be playing this with a friend but he was away at the weekend. So I should be getting my co-op on soon.

Also glad there are some puzzles.

I want my Survival Horror back Capcom! Hopefully Revelations will drive the series back in the right direction.

• Deleted user 11 March 2013 11:07:06
    Me and my brother have had a bit of a chance to play this, we did 5 co-op so thought this would be a good laugh. Think we're midway through Leons Campaign so far and, my god, this game is completely OTT and unintentionally hilarious. However, I'm also really enjoying it. There have been many great moments already that way surpass anything in the demo. Not sure why this game has been getting so much hate.

Well, ok, maybe I do but the reasons folk are not liking it are probably the reasons why I am liking it. Co-op helps. Not sure my thoughts were I to play it single player.

The monster that seems to be composed of steam emitting boobs in the church in Leons campaign was at once hilarious and frantic.

This game is a blast and well worth what it can be picked up for now. Hell, I payed 20 and still think it's worth it.

My opinions may change for the other campaigns, but after seeing a few gameplay vids etc I don't think it will, as I know what to expect.
  • Ultrasoundwave 11 Mar 2013 11:30:24 3,388 posts
    Seen 18 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Yeah, definitely better in co-op, much the same as Resi 5 was.

One of the reviews i read summed it up quite nicely i thought. Basically they said its "a great action game, but a bad Resident Evil game", which explains why some people hate it.

I've been there with the series from the start - i played Resi 1 on my Saturn, Resi 2 and 3 on the PSone, Code Veronica on the Dreamcast and Resi 4 and 5 on the 360.

I can understand hardcore fans being disappointed by 6 because its so far removed from the rest of the games in the series, but that doesnt make it any less enjoyable IMO.

• GiarcYekrub 11 Mar 2013 11:34:00 3,823 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Are they not gonna release some story DLC for this?
  • Deleted user 11 March 2013 12:24:41
    @Ultrasoundwave My thoughts exactly. I've owned and loved Resi 1, 2, 3, CV, 1 (gamecube) 0 (gamecube) and 5 yet also love this, albeit for different reasons.
  • mcmonkeyplc 12 Mar 2013 09:34:44 39,510 posts
    Seen 15 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Ultrasoundwave wrote:
    Yeah, definitely better in co-op, much the same as Resi 5 was.

One of the reviews i read summed it up quite nicely i thought. Basically they said its "a great action game, but a bad Resident Evil game", which explains why some people hate it.

I've been there with the series from the start - i played Resi 1 on my Saturn, Resi 2 and 3 on the PSone, Code Veronica on the Dreamcast and Resi 4 and 5 on the 360.

I can understand hardcore fans being disappointed by 6 because its so far removed from the rest of the games in the series, but that doesnt make it any less enjoyable IMO.
    That's the thing though, it's NOT that far removed, they just need to add the horror, puzzles and exploration back to the Leon section and wham you've got classic RE back. They have the atmosphere they just pumped it full of zombies and guns.

Alas the blurb of Revelations pretty much states it's going back to classic RE so there is hope :)

• Deleted user 12 March 2013 09:40:45
    The game is great fun.

I think people were hurt by the fact it no longer resembles a Resident Evil game, but I've had a very enjoyable time so far.
  • SomaticSense 12 Mar 2013 11:52:37 8,963 posts
    Seen 51 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    mcmonkeyplc wrote:

I'm sure I'll bitch some more as I continue to play but so far no where near as bad as the demo implied. No where near as good as it should be.
    Can you still just Jackie Chan your way through the hordes during the Leon section in the full game like you can in the demo?

If so, then it's exactly as crap as the demo. The only control issues I had was that you were able to tank through just hammering RT/R2.

It's fucking dreadful what they've to the franchise with this abomination. And I even had no problem with Resi 5 (apart from the forced co-op).
  • Ultrasoundwave 12 Mar 2013 14:26:29 3,388 posts
    Seen 18 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    SomaticSense wrote:
    mcmonkeyplc wrote:

If so, then it's exactly as crap as the demo. The only control issues I had was that you were able to tank through just hammering RT/R2.

It's fucking dreadful what they've to the franchise with this abomination. And I even had no problem with Resi 5 (apart from the forced co-op).
    Its been discussed in this thread before, but the demo genuinely was a poor representation of the final product - they really did pick the three worst, uninspired levels from the game for some ridiculous reason.

As far as the final game goes, i've said it before : if you enjoyed Resi 5, you WILL enjoy Resi 6. However, if you're an old-school Resi gamer who wants a modern version of the older games, you are out of luck.

• bronzemedal 12 Mar 2013 14:59:19 36 posts
    Seen 5 months ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    @mcmonkeyplc Revelations came out about a year ago on the 3DS, so it's RE6, the newer game, that's helming the RE franchise. Revelations started well, but quickly descended into the same tired crap that 5 and later 6 peddled, it just seemed more easily stomached on a handheld console (lower expectations?). It's fun for what it is, it looks great, but if you're expecting it to take you back to classic RE you're going to be really disappointed
  • mcmonkeyplc 12 Mar 2013 16:27:24 39,510 posts
    Seen 15 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Well it's being released on home consoles soon so I'll get to see the good start and then bitch about the rest :)

• -cerberus- 12 Mar 2013 16:46:51 3,346 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Quite looking forward to Revelations myself as well. Certainly not expecting a return to the glorious old school RE but I am expecting a perfect blend between the gameplay style of the newer abominations and the tone, atmosphere and tension of the original games. I don't know much about Revelation's story, heard is was sort of goofy, but as long as it's not "save the president's daughter"-goofy then there's no problem.

Take the plastic bag challenge to cure stupidity.

• jack24 12 Mar 2013 17:06:26 284 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I enjoyed revelations but the story was awful indeed. I also echo bronzemedal, any expectations for old school resi will be shattered The core combat wasn't as fun either due to the enemie's complete lack of hit detection, they're kind of like fighting the original zombies just with the newer camera.

It is probably better than 6 though I would say.
  • Deleted user 12 March 2013 17:08:37
    Saw the recent video of revelations posted online. Got to say it looks rather spiffing.

Edited by BillCityfingers at 17:09:23 12-03-2013
  • bronzemedal 12 Mar 2013 17:32:05 36 posts
    Seen 5 months ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    @jack24 Yeah, I'd put it above 5 and 6 personally -- it's definitely a fun game, but it's mission-based structure really leant itself to the 3DS. I suppose this is a sign of it's worth though: I completed it twice, whereas I abandoned both 5 and 6.
  • Darth_Flibble 12 Mar 2013 19:30:06 1,765 posts
    Seen 11 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    No one expected same old, "old skool" res evil, sorry but thats weak excuse. 5 was more action than 4 and 6 is more action than 5. 4 had better atmosphere and didn't force co-op partner as much as some make out. Capcom were very vocal about wanting to go for the COD audience,

You CAN blend action, atmosphere and tension of the original games but the mass market gamer, just want to gun down waves and waves of enemies and massive explosions (no coincidence that RE6 had explosions every minute or 2)
  • fletch7100 15 Mar 2013 19:33:31 7,432 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Some info about PC version

http://www.polygon.com/2013/3/15/4109186/valve-capcom-left-4-dead-2-resident-evil-6-crossover
  • Ultrasoundwave 13 Apr 2013 20:46:04 3,388 posts
    Seen 18 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Apparently, i'm massively behind the times with the updates for this game.

Me and the mrs just got around to finishing the Leon, Chris and Jake campaigns (enjoyed them very much) and i told her "thats it for co-op, the Ada campaign is single-player only", but she said she wanted to see what Ada's campaign looks like.

So, we fired it up to have a quick look, only to discover that Ada's campaign is now also playable in co-op!

I had absolutely no idea they had patched this in, it is a very welcome addition though. Capcom really have patched the fuck out of this game in an attempt to get more people to like it, i really hope more folks give it a go.

• Deleted user 13 April 2013 21:21:02
    Me and my brother are still only 3/5 through our first (Leon) campaign. Long way to go still!!!

Got to say I'm really enjoying it though. Shame we don't get much time to play it!
  • Page

of 47 First / Last