Resident Evil 6 Page 40

• Page

of 44 First / Last

• drhcnip 29 Oct 2012 19:52:55 2,432 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Konami-Silent-Hill-Downpour-PS3/dp/B0058H1VFS/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1351540342&sr=8-1

9.47 + 2 postage so 11.47

last one, though
  • drhcnip 29 Oct 2012 20:08:45 2,432 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    jeez, didn't see that - apologies
  • SteveHolt 3 Nov 2012 10:40:57 425 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    3 new maps for mercenaries are now available on XBL marketplace, 80 MSP each.

EDIT: they're high sea fortress, catacombs, rail yard, aka the pre-order maps.

Edited by SteveHolt at 11:33:17 03-11-2012
  • Feanor 3 Nov 2012 12:54:06 14,048 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    I'll buy them at that low price. Just the last two, since I got high seas fortress as the Amazon pre-order bonus.
  • ltbobby 7 Nov 2012 20:56:35 301 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Hi
    Thinking of getting Resi 6 now its a bit cheaper! Is it really as bad as the reviews make out? Is it any worse than the demo?
  • King_Edward 7 Nov 2012 21:07:25 11,454 posts
    Seen 3 months ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I think it's worse than the demo suggests, but that's just me.
  • Deleted user 7 November 2012 21:10:56
    It is a pretty shit game that promises something decent every now and then. Then it's shit again.
  • jabberwoky 8 Nov 2012 17:06:09 464 posts
    Seen 51 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @Goodfella After all the reviews, I was toying with getting this for 6.99 in a bargain bin in about 9 months time. You just put me off even that. Maybe if Capcom pay me to buy it.....
  • Jmek 8 Nov 2012 17:56:26 1,308 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Don't listen to the naysayers, it's fecking awesome! In my top 3 this year.
  • Steve_Perry 8 Nov 2012 18:06:24 3,498 posts
    Seen 12 seconds ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    must be some truth in all the bad personal reports and reviews.

VIVA STEFANSEN

• Jmek 8 Nov 2012 18:27:49 1,308 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Put it this way I enjoyed it a helluva lot more than I'm enjoying Halo 4 right now. Tis true what Goodfella says, it's down to the individual.
  • SteveHolt 8 Nov 2012 18:46:41 425 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    ltbobby wrote:
    Hi
    Thinking of getting Resi 6 now its a bit cheaper! Is it really as bad as the reviews make out? Is it any worse than the demo?
    You mean the public demo that was released in september? The full game is much better than that.

The Leon part of the demo is decent but much narrower in scope and less inspired than the rest of his campaign, and the enemies are just target practice, it's all part of a section of his first chapter that patiently builds up tension in preparation for a payoff that happens long after the demo is over;
    the chris bit is taken from the beginning of his second chapter and brings close to a conclusion the most generic, military shooter-like part of his campaign (which is actually much more varied than given credit for), the enemy AI seems a bit lost at times in this level and their mutations are lame compared to the rest of his campaign;
    and finally the jake sample is just filler from the 4th chapter of his campaign, it shows nothing of the good stuff except for a couple enemy mutations (probably the best part of the demo for experimenting with the new shooting/melee systems, though).

I really think this game is great, but the only memorable part of the demo is the boss fight near the beginning of chris' sample IMO - a huge, nasty beast that you can terminate very quickly if you play smart.
  • Darth_Flibble 10 Nov 2012 15:34:56 1,613 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    The demo is same as the full game

Just don't buy the game digitally, you can see why developers and publishers want all games as downloads only
  • Deleted user 12 December 2012 11:32:03
    Me and my brother are getting this for each other for Xmas so we can co-op it. Really enjoyed RE5 but mind you we were taking the piss out of it whilst we were playing it. This looks good for a laugh now it's come down in price as the demo was rather silly fun, in fact I spent most of it crawling around on my back as the animation was hilarious.

I know it's an odd reason to buy it but as he's on the other side of the world it's one of the few ways we can get our shits and giggles, as it were.

Sorry to dredge this thread up but just wondered if anyone knows anything about this supposed patch that's coming out for the FoV amongst other things?
  • Ultrasoundwave 13 Dec 2012 13:51:38 3,264 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    BillCityfingers wrote:
    Me and my brother are getting this for each other for Xmas so we can co-op it. Really enjoyed RE5 but mind you we were taking the piss out of it whilst we were playing it. This looks good for a laugh now it's come down in price as the demo was rather silly fun, in fact I spent most of it crawling around on my back as the animation was hilarious.

I know it's an odd reason to buy it but as he's on the other side of the world it's one of the few ways we can get our shits and giggles, as it were.

Sorry to dredge this thread up but just wondered if anyone knows anything about this supposed patch that's coming out for the FoV amongst other things?
    Im one of the six people who really enjoyed this game. The good news as far as your concerned is that this game does excel when played in co-op, i found it MUCH more enjoyable than Resi 5 personally.

"The worst part is, I'll have to have the break-up sex with myself!"

• CosmicFuzz 13 Dec 2012 14:57:17 23,080 posts
    Seen 23 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Urgh I keep getting this horrible urge to play it...

Is anyone else getting a bit bored with remastered games? Read my thoughts!

• Deleted user 13 December 2012 15:08:32
    Ultrasoundwave wrote:
    BillCityfingers wrote:

Im one of the six people who really enjoyed this game. The good news as far as your concerned is that this game does excel when played in co-op, i found it MUCH more enjoyable than Resi 5 personally.
    That's the thing. I just think it looks great fun. I'm in the minority that QTEs don't really put me off a game that much either. Don't think I would play it single player as we did RE5 co-op and it too was great fun but I tried SP and didn't enjoy it much.

Edit: So did this FoV patch ever materialise?

Edited by BillCityfingers at 15:09:29 13-12-2012
  • King_Edward 13 Dec 2012 16:57:45 11,454 posts
    Seen 3 months ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    CosmicFuzz wrote:
    Urgh I keep getting this horrible urge to play it...
    I know what you mean. It's like Rambo wanting to go back to Vietnam.
  • Trafford 13 Dec 2012 17:55:36 5,607 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Yeah I'm still getting urges, however I've just gone for Dragons Dogma instead.
  • Luke_Martin_VA 13 Dec 2012 20:35:03 160 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    A positive review of the game, for a change! Personally loved it.

http://voxelarcade.com/reviews/resident-evil-6-review/

w w w . v o x e l a r c a d e . c o m

• macmurphy 13 Dec 2012 21:19:12 999 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I'm probably one of the few that really enjoyed Resi 5. I played it with the wife and really enjoyed the gunplay, the mercenaries and so on. I don't discount the problems alluded to elsewhere but on the whole I loved it (never played single player).

I'm normally a very forgiving guy and I fucking despised Resi 6. The gunplay is toss with loads of random moving enemies that are hard to shoot. The melee system is awful, something exacerbated by the fact you constantly run out of ammo (they seem to give you gold or some player points all the time despite the fact you have no ammo). The QTEs are far too often and confusing - every time you just keep dying and waiting till you learn what to do then you do it. No satisfaction, just a grind. The upgrade system that was so rewarding has also gone so you can't upgrade your guns (thery have these shit perks which are just gash). It's now just a really bad third person shooter with a terrible cover system and awful design decisions.

What is most heartbreaking is that the game drips quality and effort in a lot of ways, some great plotlines and loads of cinematics. Whoever directed and made the design choices just wants kicking in the hoop all day long then getting woken up at night and kicked some more.

Resi 4 was one of my greatest games of all time, I loved resi 5 for the coop, Resi 6 is a fucking abortion. We're back to playing new game plus on Resi 5.

The other half only likes third person games, but if your brother can do first person then why not go for Borderlands or Left for Dead?

Edited by macmurphy at 21:21:18 13-12-2012
  • Trafford 13 Dec 2012 21:33:55 5,607 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Luke_Martin_VA wrote:
    A positive review of the game, for a change! Personally loved it.

http://voxelarcade.com/reviews/resident-evil-6-review/
    You lost me after the 5th paragraph about Christmas & parents.
    Really, learn to self edit.
  • ronuds 13 Dec 2012 21:44:55 21,788 posts
    Seen 11 months ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    After around two pages he starts talking about RE6.
  • King_Edward 13 Dec 2012 21:58:01 11,454 posts
    Seen 3 months ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    ronuds wrote:
    After around two pages he starts talking about RE6.
    Yeah, but not the one I played. Some sort of alternative, half decent version where every mechanic isn't fighting against every other mechanic.
  • Luke_Martin_VA 13 Dec 2012 22:45:31 160 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Oh I don't know. I think you're being overly harsh. And I think the new melee mechanics work brilliantly. It gives you a much wider variety of options over previous games and some powerful attacks but you have a limited amount. Genius. Loving the twin trigger quick shot too and the dive, roll and shoot features. Despite all this, it remains well balanced with the traditional gunplay.

@Trafford - patience, my good man ; )

Edited by Luke_Martin_VA at 22:47:07 13-12-2012

w w w . v o x e l a r c a d e . c o m

• Page

of 44 First / Last