• kalel 14 Apr 2010 14:35:45 87,689 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Anyone see Norton in Modern Family?

Artistic integrity lol.
  • BinaryBob101 16 Apr 2010 13:37:21 22,973 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Whedon is also in negotiations to rewrite the Captain America film, and The Avengers too.

Good stuff.

The Grumpy Vaper

• Spanky 16 Apr 2010 13:38:31 14,505 posts
    Seen 18 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Disaster if you ask me which you ain't. Get Mark Millar to sort it out.

Plubs

• BinaryBob101 16 Apr 2010 13:43:11 22,973 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Oh really? Why do you say that Spanky?

The Grumpy Vaper

• Spanky 16 Apr 2010 13:52:45 14,505 posts
    Seen 18 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I read his x-men comics and they were boring and full of his trademark banter and boring action, most of it was just reworkings of his dialogue that i'd heard in bits of buffy and firefly. Unless he can up his game and chuck the slayer-slang then i can see this being nothing other than a rerun of his standard faire.

Plubs

• CosmicFuzz 16 Apr 2010 13:56:02 24,360 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Mark Millar has written some guff in his time too. Wanted in particular I thought was very poor.

I love Firefly though, and the dialogue will only be a problem if it ends up with characters clearly talking in ways they never would in the comics. I trust him with ensemble pieces before a lot of other directors, pretty much.

We're back! Our gaming podcast Open Source returns after a break with a look at Destiny, Minecraft and more. Check us out! (And give us a rating on iTunes please!) :)

• spindizzy 16 Apr 2010 13:56:12 6,527 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Which would be AWESOME!

/strokes firefly box set.
  • BinaryBob101 16 Apr 2010 13:56:13 22,973 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    But, Look back to Toy Story and you can see what he can do with more mainstream stuff. Again, with Firefly and Serenity you're talking a totally different kind of script. It's easy to criticise him, but he's great with scripts, imo. Remember, that Cap will be set in the forties, so he'll need to drop that kind of slang anyway for that.

I haven't read his x-men run, but I thought they were pretty much universally praised?

The Grumpy Vaper

• Goban 16 Apr 2010 13:57:25 9,055 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Mark Miller is pretty erratic.
  • BinaryBob101 16 Apr 2010 14:00:37 22,973 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Yeah, I'd agree with that. Civil War was shite.

The Grumpy Vaper

• CosmicFuzz 16 Apr 2010 14:00:58 24,360 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Yeah I thought his Astonishing X-Men run was meant to be really good.

Spanky has a very high bar though ;)

We're back! Our gaming podcast Open Source returns after a break with a look at Destiny, Minecraft and more. Check us out! (And give us a rating on iTunes please!) :)

• iokthemonkey 16 Apr 2010 14:01:50 4,664 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    ''My god has a hammer'' was a fucking awesome line, though.

http://that-figures.blogspot.com/

• Spanky 16 Apr 2010 14:03:09 14,505 posts
    Seen 18 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Hey i can criticise Miller n'all, he writes too much and obviously spends little time on his work, it shows but i'd still prefer him writing it to Whedon. I just don't trust whedon to do a good job.

They should just make a film of this.

Plubs

• BinaryBob101 16 Apr 2010 14:03:10 22,973 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    IMDb has Zak Penn scripting “Avengers”, at the moment. Penn previously scripted “Elektra,” “Fantastic Four,” “X-Men: The Last Stand” and “The Incredible Hulk”. Out of those only Hulk was ok. the other three were absolute fucking dross. I'm sure we all agree that Whedon could do a better job of those, even on his worst day.

The Grumpy Vaper

• figgis 16 Apr 2010 14:05:39 7,376 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    BinaryBob101 wrote:
    I haven't read his x-men run, but I thought they were pretty much universally praised?

Not by me, they weren't terrible but pretty average.
  • figgis 16 Apr 2010 14:06:35 7,376 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Spanky wrote:

They should just make a film of this.

I love Big Dave!!
  • Spanky 16 Apr 2010 14:07:40 14,505 posts
    Seen 18 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    BinaryBob101 wrote:
    I'm sure we all agree that Whedon could do a better job of those, even on his worst day.
    I'm not so sure :D

Plubs

• steve1979 16 Apr 2010 14:07:41 1,997 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Goban wrote:
    Mark Miller is pretty erratic.

Just a bit.

Although his first Ultimates stuff was great, and i enjoyed his Authority and Wolverine run (the first one, where wolverine kills pretty much everyone).

He shouldn't be allowed anywhere near the Avengers film. If you want a comic book writer involved get geoff johns or kurt busiek
  • BinaryBob101 16 Apr 2010 14:09:10 22,973 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Ummm, Geoff Johns works for DC, he wouldn't go anywhere near it.

figgis wrote:
    BinaryBob101 wrote:

Not by me, they weren't terrible but pretty average.

You aren't universal though. ;)

His Volume 1 gets 4 1/2 stars on Amazon. So, pretty much universal praise there.

The Grumpy Vaper

• CosmicFuzz 16 Apr 2010 14:09:21 24,360 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Wow, Millar and Morrison together there? Cool.

• Vice.Destroyer 16 Apr 2010 14:09:41 5,838 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Spanky wrote:
    I read his x-men comics and they were boring and full of his trademark banter and boring action, most of it was just reworkings of his dialogue that i'd heard in bits of buffy and firefly. Unless he can up his game and chuck the slayer-slang then i can see this being nothing other than a rerun of his standard faire.

Heresy. Heresy. Heresy. I bow down to your comic knowledge and have done so for a long time, but the X-Men run he had was just (pardon the pun) astonishing. Up his game? How dare you, sir? The man is already a master.
  • Spanky 16 Apr 2010 14:11:48 14,505 posts
    Seen 18 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Well so far it's already looking like it's 90% culled from the first Ultimates book so that's why i'm going with him. TBH i don't know who would be my pick if i got to select anyone.

Plubs

• figgis 16 Apr 2010 14:16:36 7,376 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Vice.Destroyer wrote:
    Spanky wrote:

Heresy. Heresy. Heresy. I bow down to your comic knowledge and have done so for a long time, but the X-Men run he had was just (pardon the pun) astonishing. Up his game? How dare you, sir? The man is already a master.

I agree with Spanky, Morrision's run just before was much better and whilst still having a few bad bits pushed the X men forward (Weadon just did the usual boring stuff with them, helped by Cassiday's art).
  • Spanky 16 Apr 2010 14:17:58 14,505 posts
    Seen 18 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Vice.Destroyer wrote:
    In comparison to Chris Claremonts run whedon looks like slashfic :D I didn't go much beyond Whedons first ten issues but those ten were forgettable, cliched, full of holes and smug whedon fan wankery. The dude should stick to writing his fail-infected tv shows. :D

Plubs

• steve1979 16 Apr 2010 14:21:20 1,997 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    BinaryBob101 wrote:
    Ummm, Geoff Johns works for DC, he wouldn't go anywhere near it.

I never said it would be easy to get him. Maybe Ed Brubaker/ Matt Fraction or Dan Slott would be better.
  • steve1979 16 Apr 2010 14:22:34 1,997 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Spanky wrote:
    Vice.Destroyer wrote:
    In comparison to Chris Claremonts run whedon looks like slashfic :D I didn't go much beyond Whedons first ten issues but those ten were forgettable, cliched, full of holes and smug whedon fan wankery. The dude should stick to writing his fail-infected tv shows. :D

Which one of Chris Claremont's runs are you referring to?
  • Spanky 16 Apr 2010 14:25:32 14,505 posts
    Seen 18 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Any of it* :D

*dunno, can't remember that far back, just go with 'any' or 'pick at random'.

Plubs

• steve1979 16 Apr 2010 14:29:52 1,997 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    well his most recent few runs on Uncanny and X-men were awful. A complete mess. So i'll go all the way back to 'Days from the Past' and 'Dark Pheonix' and remain happy. :)
  • figgis 16 Apr 2010 14:33:50 7,376 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    steve1979 wrote:
    well his most recent few runs on Uncanny and X-men were awful. A complete mess. So i'll go all the way back to 'Days from the Past' and 'Dark Pheonix' and remain happy. :)

Anything before issue 250 was great, afterwards could be a bit patchy.
  • steve1979 16 Apr 2010 14:49:42 1,997 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    The Neo... worst idea ever
  • Page

of 37 First / Last