of 33 First / Last

• pjmaybe 23 Mar 2009 15:41:18 70,676 posts
    Seen 5 years ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    I think Simca did quite a few fuglies...here's another
  • Pike 23 Mar 2009 15:44:45 13,446 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    It's obviously the Prius. I think they designed it to be as ugly as the soul of the average owner.
  • skuzzbag 23 Mar 2009 15:46:58 5,638 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    valli wrote:
    The Multipla is such a mess...
    VW Jetta (the old 80s one)
    The Saab 9-5 2006, for the chrome around the eyes alone. Yuck!

This Jetta looks ok to me

• nickthegun 23 Mar 2009 16:20:47 59,525 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    smoothpete wrote:
    nickthegun wrote:
    smoothpete wrote:
    I like to drive like an old woman
    I think it's cute... it has a nice face :)

I'll mention this here anyway. So I'm tonking down the motorway on saturday in the middle lane in my little Golf automatic, I want to overtake so I give it some gas. In an auto, when you want some revs you just put your foot down and the gearbox kicks down a gear so you get some revs. Except my car decided to kick down from 4th gear to 2nd gear, so I instantly slowed from 70 ish to about 50 ish in no time at all, it's a good thing that there wasn't much traffic or I'd have been killed in a huge accident. It shit me right up :(

And this happened a few times during the journey, so now I think my car needs a new gearbox. Think I might just part exchange the little deathtrap for something else

How old is the car? The wife drives auto and a lot of older autos have really shit gear management.

The corsa she has at the moment has never done anything like that and the kick down is OK, but the Renault 5 (!) she had used to kickdown and then keep on accelerating for 2 or 3 minutes afterwards.

You would kick down to get past something, pull back in and it would still be trying to go faster.

---------------------------------------------------------
    someone say something funny

• ram 23 Mar 2009 16:24:21 3,476 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    guts wrote:
    Real life forza gone wrong?
    Thankyou and goodnight.

edit because, beleive it or not, I just found his wifes car aswell

he's spelt Kent wrong.
  • Goban 23 Mar 2009 16:27:40 9,052 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Has anyone mentioned the Audi Q7 yet, wooooh that's one ugly BIG beast.
  • smoothpete 23 Mar 2009 16:31:11 31,501 posts
    Seen 21 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    nickthegun wrote:
    smoothpete wrote:
    nickthegun wrote:
    smoothpete wrote:
    I like to drive like an old woman
    I think it's cute... it has a nice face :)

I'll mention this here anyway. So I'm tonking down the motorway on saturday in the middle lane in my little Golf automatic, I want to overtake so I give it some gas. In an auto, when you want some revs you just put your foot down and the gearbox kicks down a gear so you get some revs. Except my car decided to kick down from 4th gear to 2nd gear, so I instantly slowed from 70 ish to about 50 ish in no time at all, it's a good thing that there wasn't much traffic or I'd have been killed in a huge accident. It shit me right up :(

And this happened a few times during the journey, so now I think my car needs a new gearbox. Think I might just part exchange the little deathtrap for something else

How old is the car? The wife drives auto and a lot of older autos have really shit gear management.

The corsa she has at the moment has never done anything like that and the kick down is OK, but the Renault 5 (!) she had used to kickdown and then keep on accelerating for 2 or 3 minutes afterwards.

You would kick down to get past something, pull back in and it would still be trying to go faster.
    It's a '99, about 70k on the clock. I'm going to get it looked at this weekend, no way I'm driving the bastard on any motorways till I know it's sorted. It was fine for ages before this, I think something inside has broken
  • nickthegun 23 Mar 2009 16:36:33 59,525 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    This is why im currently giving the mrs driving lessons. Unless its a prestige marque, auto gearboxes generally seem quite iffy and she finally seems to have had enough of them.

Its quite funny to have someone who has been driving for 10 years pootling about with L plates on.

Why do I keep stalling?
    You need to give it more gas
    It sound like its over revving?
    It will do, but at least you arent stalling
    It doesnt sound right
    Until you learn clutch control, give it more gas
    OK
    Ive stalled
    MOAR GAS!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111

• Surferrosa 23 Mar 2009 16:38:30 464 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I have a Fiat Doblo, fugly it is indeed, but ye can put four Cocker Spaniels, a six foot son and a shit load of camping gear in it. The mpg is fantastic too.

I truly love it.

http://www.whatcar.com/car-review-summary.aspx?rt=359
  • smoothpete 23 Mar 2009 16:43:43 31,501 posts
    Seen 21 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    NTG, yeah I'm seriously considering having some more lessons and getting the full manual licence. I might be ok now that I've got some road experience. I was crap at it before!
  • nickthegun 23 Mar 2009 16:48:09 59,525 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I think thats what she is thinking. She couldnt cope with being on the road and thinking about having to change gears, so out of desperation, she switched to manual.

But its such a pain in the arse now. Ive got the big-ish family car, so I have to drive everywhere we go as a family since you can only really get the pushchair in her corsa, so she has finally capitulated and is trying to learn gears.

Plus they are so uneconomical. Her 1.4 eats up about the same amount of petrol as my 2.0.

• BravoGolf Moderator 23 Mar 2009 16:49:15 12,740 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Pretty much all of EG hated the look of the Chrysler PT Cruiser
  • nickthegun 23 Mar 2009 16:51:12 59,525 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    No. If you want a turbo hearse, buy a turbo hearse.

• smoothpete 23 Mar 2009 16:51:49 31,501 posts
    Seen 21 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    My 1.6 is a thirsty bastard too. Stupid thing. Luckily I don't have to use it all that often.

Nick, I think I know the answer to this but when your missus does the manual test (assuming she just has the auto one now?) she won't have to re-do the theory test will she?
  • Deleted user 23 March 2009 16:54:42
    Ford fucking Sierra, eurghhh.
  • nickthegun 23 Mar 2009 16:58:27 59,525 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    smoothpete wrote:
    My 1.6 is a thirsty bastard too. Stupid thing. Luckily I don't have to use it all that often.

Nick, I think I know the answer to this but when your missus does the manual test (assuming she just has the auto one now?) she won't have to re-do the theory test will she?

No, thankfully.

• smoothpete 3 Jul 2009 14:33:07 31,501 posts
    Seen 21 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Bump

A guy I work with has borrowed a BMW X6 for the weekend from the leasing company we use, I just went out and had a look. It is unbelievably ugly. Like, shocking. Awful awful awful. He wanted to borrow something so he could take his family down to the seaside at the weekend, and despite the car being bigger than a Range Rover, it only has 4 seats! No joke, the thing is fucking huge (and ugly), the interior is standard beamer which is fine, but the exterior is just a joke. I think it might have actually been a joke at BMW that someone took seriously in a meeting and no-one wanted to embarrass them by telling them that it was just a pisstake. And, even though the thing is mahoosive, the rear view mirror visibility is like looking down the wrong end of a telescope. No wonder the car industry is going down the toilet

No, BMW. Just no. Bad. You have done a bad thing.
  • billythekid 3 Jul 2009 14:39:16 11,109 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Have to agree smoothpete it's like they've started building a 4x4, got bored and dropped a four door hatchback on the top!
  • JuanKerr 3 Jul 2009 14:42:28 36,241 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Have you seen the M version of the X6? Fucking hell.

MY EYES.
  • pjmaybe 3 Jul 2009 14:43:10 70,676 posts
    Seen 5 years ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    I think I have a special little pit of bile and hatred specially reserved for BMW X / Porsche Cayenne / VW Toerag drivers
  • smoothpete 3 Jul 2009 14:48:42 31,501 posts
    Seen 21 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    The X6 is the kind of car that you buy if you're feeling a bit too popular. Everyone will think you're a penis if you drive one. I said to the guy here, no-one is going to let you out of any junctions all weekend, I guarantee it.
  • nickthegun 3 Jul 2009 14:48:46 59,525 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    My car is a thing of sexy beauty. Shame they ruined the line when they remade it into a generic eurobox.

• pjmaybe 3 Jul 2009 14:51:32 70,676 posts
    Seen 5 years ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    smoothpete wrote:
    The X6 is the kind of car that you buy if you're feeling a bit too popular. Everyone will think you're a penis if you drive one. I said to the guy here, no-one is going to let you out of any junctions all weekend, I guarantee it.

This is true. In fact I am that driver that will not let you push your fuckugly Kensington Tractor into my queue of traffic and woe be-fucking-tide you if you hit my car :)
  • Dirtbox 3 Jul 2009 14:53:49 77,746 posts
    Seen 13 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    A friend had one of these things until recently. Collectors piece apparently...

I've always thought these chemical toilets were quite amusing.

+1 / Like / Tweet this post

• Dirtbox 3 Jul 2009 14:55:30 77,746 posts
    Seen 13 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Origami car?

Wtf was the designer thinking?

• pjmaybe 3 Jul 2009 14:57:24 70,676 posts
    Seen 5 years ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Dirtbox wrote:
    Wtf was the designer thinking?

That's actually so ugly I find it strangely attractive. It's like a modern take on a chopped Model T Ford Hot Rod. Weird.
  • smoothpete 3 Jul 2009 15:00:18 31,501 posts
    Seen 21 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I quite like all those ones DB, I'd definitely drive that origami car! It's ugly but really, really cool too
  • Dirtbox 3 Jul 2009 15:04:41 77,746 posts
    Seen 13 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    I think I would drive this.

Not this though. It looks like Penelope Pitstops car.

The Covini C6W. Not even you would drive this grotesque piece of crap.

• JuanKerr 3 Jul 2009 15:06:05 36,241 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Dirtbox wrote:

I think I would drive this.

I'd definitely drive that.
  • pjmaybe 3 Jul 2009 15:10:23 70,676 posts
    Seen 5 years ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Wouldn't drive this

Or this