PS2's toughest racing games

• Page

of 1

Previous Next
  • Deleted user 10 March 2009 08:53:05
    I love racing games, but I love challenging racing games even more.
    Please help me find the hardest racing games on PS2.
    The games can be challenging due to the AI, or handling or both.
    Simmy games are better, but I can accept Arcadey ones if the AI is almost impossoble to beat.

After searching on Google I have added these to the buy list:

Enthusia Proffessional Racing
    Driving Emotion Type S
    Richard Burns Rally
    Grand Prix Challenge
    Total Immersion Racing
    TT Superbikes

Anyone know of any other Bastard Hard, Infuriating, Fiendishly Difficult racing games?
  • Obiwanshinobi 10 Mar 2009 14:45:14 866 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I'm not really into driving sims, but - reportedly - TOCA Race Driver 2 in Pro Simulation mode can be fairly challenging (especially without a steering wheel). Multiplayer online used to be quite popular (at least on PC). Don't know about now.
    Maybe you should look after some obscure driving games for PC. My mate keeps playing pretty old F1 sim (still being modded, played online etc.), despite its advanced age.
  • malteaserhead 10 Mar 2009 14:47:37 13,444 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Richard Burns was really tough imo. Not for the casual at all.
  • Obiwanshinobi 10 Mar 2009 17:22:08 866 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I'm about to test Midnight Club II, which is supposed to be in a way difficult. We'll see.
  • Deleted user 10 March 2009 18:22:34
    I owned Richard Burns Rally on PS2 and can confirm it's unbelievably tough, I sold it at a car-boot just as I as getting to grips with it.
    I now crave its challenging gameplay.
    I missed out on Midnight Club II, I look forward to your tales of (hopefully) how brutally, even unfairly challenging it is.

Enthusia has ben ordered from Amazon, should be here tomorrow.
    I look forward to being on the verge of tears beacuse of how tough it is.
  • Deleted user 12 March 2009 17:43:25
    Enthusia came today, the handling's great but the AI in free race mode is too slow.
    Therefore it doesn't pass the KILLA test and is only useful for Time-Trials.

edit: I was wrong about Enthusia, it's fantastic, the AI isn't great but in career mode you get more points for winning with underpowered cars.
    Also if you stick with your weaker car, it gets leveled up.
    Although it isn't as hard(so far) as I'd like, the career mode is good, the handling is excellent and it has some great tracks.
  • Stefarno 14 Mar 2009 08:36:22 9 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Wasn't Driving Emotion Type S really REALLY awful?
  • Murbal 14 Mar 2009 08:40:07 22,349 posts
    Seen 49 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    WRC4 was quite tricky iirc. Maybe not quite KILLA tough though...
  • jenguin 14 Mar 2009 08:40:09 152 posts
    Seen 19 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    TOCA 2 on the hardest setting on PS1. Not the race driver ones. Still my favourite racing game.

J
  • Murbal 14 Mar 2009 08:43:53 22,349 posts
    Seen 49 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    jenguin wrote:
    TOCA 2 on the hardest setting on PS1. Not the race driver ones. Still my favourite racing game.

J

Was World Touring Cars (the last PSone racer that codie's did) any good?
  • OnlyMe 14 Mar 2009 09:19:13 3,104 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    It was excellent, although less sim-like than TOCA 2. One of my most played racing games on the PS1 - loved the career mode.
  • secombe 14 Mar 2009 09:49:11 1,330 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    The Alfa game was pretty interesting, Squadra Corsa Alfa Romeo or something. Interesting AI and concept of them pressuring you off the circuit. I really enjoyed it, anyhow.
  • Deleted user 16 March 2009 19:09:46
    TOCA 2 on PS1 is my favourite ever racer too, and it was tough, the sequel was not as challenging but still good.
    I've been a bit obsessed with Enthusia atm, so I've not bought any other games, but I'll update soon.
    Actually, I forgot I seen one called Racing Simulation 3 on Play for 1 pound though, so that's on it's way.

Not played SCAR, I'll check it out.
  • etome 16 Mar 2009 23:07:51 8 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Running Isle of Man TT course without crashing is tough enough, plus TT Superbikes is an excellent game (the newest one is entitled Legends). If you really want challenge, get that game and share your best lap time at
    http://www.jesterinteractive.com/forums/default.asp

You will find lots of gamers as tough as you there. :)
  • Deleted user 16 March 2009 23:37:11
    Thanks, I'll check it out :)
  • Page

of 1

Previous Next