Test Drive Unlimited 2 Page 89

• Page

of 89 First / Last

Next
  • agparrot 30 Apr 2013 12:41:25 11,903 posts
    Seen 20 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Since the retrospective of the first game, I've played both TDU and TDU2.

The 360 servers for TDU have indeed been switched off, and so you are left with the virtual presence of Patrick and Sean and Ted and the other pseudo-drivers that mill around trying to get you to flash your lights at them.

The 360 TDU2 servers remain online. There are even people playing the game, just cruising around and mucking about.

The main problem with TDU2 is that the game is great while you are driving in a straight line, changing up and down gears, accelerating and braking, but the instant you want to change direction you are met with whatever-the-hell they did to the 'driving model'.

It is almost painful going from the 'drives like a car' model of TDU to the 'forced traction / lack of traction' model of TDU2. Abysmal.

I hope that that PS4 game, Drive Club, is an open world game. With the apparent shelving of any intended Burnout Paradise 2, nothing else forthcoming looks like it might meet the need, the need for... oh wait, no.

I should get around to playing Horizon, I guess.
  • StarchildHypocrethes 24 Jun 2013 23:28:42 24,558 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I was just flicking around on Steam and stumbled across something called Test Drive: Ferrari Racing Legends, which I had never heard of before.

Google tells me it was released last year and reviewed pretty averagely; however it was developed by Slightly Mad Studios, which has got me intrigued.

Anyone got it or played it? Is it crap?
  • estoo 25 Jun 2013 10:22:13 2,702 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    It's alright, I liked the historic track and car combos.

Handling's a bit like NFS Shift series rather than TDU.

I wouldn't recommend paying full price but if it's on sale might be worth a punt of you like your racing games.
  • StarchildHypocrethes 26 Jun 2013 18:18:59 24,558 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Sorry, missed this reply. Cheers estoo, I'll keep an eye out for a sale in that case.
  • Page

of 89 First / Last

Next