Test Drive Unlimited 2

• Page

of 89 First / Last

Previous
  • pjmaybe 5 Mar 2009 10:57:52 70,676 posts
    Seen 5 years ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Coudn't find a thread for this but some screenies cropped up on the VG247 Forum and I've posted 'em over at aatg.

Looks quite funky. S'all in french but there's a couple of rather important things added including what seems to be an "Offroad Driving School"

And a buggy on one of the intro screens.

Could be superbe!

• PearOfAnguish 5 Mar 2009 11:01:16 7,331 posts
    Seen 15 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Link?
  • Deleted user 5 March 2009 11:04:17
    Hopefully the driving camera angle will be a little higher this time.
  • pjmaybe 5 Mar 2009 11:07:18 70,676 posts
    Seen 5 years ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    I won't link to AATG from here but here's the VG247 linkie...

http://xboxevolved.e-mpire.com/article/Test_Drive_Unlimited_2/5300.html
  • PearOfAnguish 5 Mar 2009 11:07:19 7,331 posts
    Seen 15 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    And the vehicle handling and physics fixed so it doesn't feel like you're driving a block of concrete balanced on a unicycle.
  • pjmaybe 5 Mar 2009 11:09:02 70,676 posts
    Seen 5 years ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    I got used to the handling eventually but it needed some work.

The offroady bits could be neat.

• Deleted user 5 March 2009 11:22:58
    Fantastic news, TDU was a fantastic game, the atmosphere was great and you could just chill out by driving around in the beautiful scenery.

It had some problems like many people mentioned already like the weird driving physics and the pretty much borked online mode, but other than that...

Bring it on i say.
  • pjmaybe 5 Mar 2009 11:24:18 70,676 posts
    Seen 5 years ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    The only problem I've got is that if the missus even gets a WHIFF of this, I'll have lost my 360 for about a month till she's done with it.
  • Deleted user 5 March 2009 11:26:44
    Interesting to note that all of those shots have a mouse cursor in. Maybe the PC won't get the shitty buggy port this time.
  • pjmaybe 5 Mar 2009 11:30:05 70,676 posts
    Seen 5 years ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Gremmi wrote:
    Interesting to note that all of those shots have a mouse cursor in. Maybe the PC won't get the shitty buggy port this time.

Ooh didn't spot that!

Hope the PC version's good...the PC really does need a good solid online game like this
  • Der_tolle_Emil 5 Mar 2009 11:31:16 7,301 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I am so sold. Test Drive Unlimited was awesome. Hope they don't screw up the sequel.
  • Deleted user 5 March 2009 11:32:40
    pjmaybe wrote:
    The only problem I've got is that if the missus even gets a WHIFF of this, I'll have lost my 360 for about a month till she's done with it.

Let me guess, she played the 1st one to death ?

Losing your X360 for a month would be nothing mate, imagine if she would ask you to buy a Ferrari/Lamborghini so you could drive her around and/or a trip to Hawaii every couple of months :)

lolz indeed :)

Anyway, do we have a release date for this gents?

Again, great news, i'm really excited about this one, can i haz it nowz plz?

• pjmaybe 5 Mar 2009 11:35:11 70,676 posts
    Seen 5 years ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    No idea about a release date as this was just from a random link in a forum. Hopefully though, like the first game, there'll be a demo before release.
  • Deleted user 5 March 2009 11:42:16
    TDU is one of the finest of this gens games in terms of scope. Eventually I have to admit losing interest, but whilst it had my attention just driving about discovering the island was amazing.

Where's the damn gallery on that link anyway? Nothing on the pic to click and clicking gallery leads to a bloody advert!
  • binky Moderator 5 Mar 2009 11:43:02 9,675 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Looking forward to this. Enjoyed roaming around the hills with mates in the original. Hopefully the traffic won't have a thing for aiming for me in this one though!
  • Deleted user 5 March 2009 11:45:31
    Oh figured it out. Looks like there's some work to do yet, unless it's an old build. Think it might be done for Autumn? Hope so!

edit - also the demo for the first was pretty superb and followed the odd early 360 days pattern of being released way, WAY before the actual game was...
  • pjmaybe 5 Mar 2009 12:05:13 70,676 posts
    Seen 5 years ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Yeah the demo also had online stuff (IIRC) so a good way to bulletproof-test the servers.

Hope it is an early build but I wouldn't bet on it looking radically different to that tbh.
  • seasidebaz 5 Mar 2009 12:33:52 6,126 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    The screenies are from the 1.5 Alpha build.

No idea what that means though, apart from that there is a 1.5 Alpha build.
  • buggrit 5 Mar 2009 12:34:08 5,179 posts
    Seen 21 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    /wanks
    Can't wait for this - the first game was one of the big reasons I picked up a 360 in the first place.
  • el-bandito 5 Mar 2009 13:15:33 497 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    It could look the same for me... all they need to do is smooth the roads out and steady the framerate.

Better wheel support and a proper hardcore mode with challanges etc from the start would be good too.

Think I'm gonna have to dig TDU back out again :D
  • Kosmoz 5 Mar 2009 13:18:53 7,701 posts
    Seen 21 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    After over 100 hours playing the first one, i hope this is going to be at least as good. Can't wait!

Every girl I ever kissed I was thinking of a pro footballer.

• brainbird 1 Mar 2010 12:55:54 2,220 posts
    Seen 19 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Bumpage.

There are rumours about a release this year.
    Also: http://testdriveunlimited2.com/ says the website is "coming soon".
  • DUFFMAN5 1 Mar 2010 13:23:52 14,792 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    With you lot boys. I came to it late, so not as many on-line racers but just the sp was brilliant. Lost many hours on it, prob my fav racing game on a console*

*need for speed Hot Pursuit 2 on the ps2 was great mind you, great atmopshere with the rozzer radio and all.

"Duffman the grey is thrusting in the direction of the problem! Oh, yeah!"

• Deleted user 1 March 2010 13:39:35
    FECK YEAH !!!

The 1st TDU was more "escapism" than anything else really - and this is why i absolutely loved it !

There was this really chill-out aspect about it when you used to cruise the beautiful island with your vehicle of choice under the game's blue skies whilst having the funk radio station playing in the background...

Having said that , the MP part unfortunately was absolute balls , a low point taking into account that this was advertised mostly as an MMO racing game :(

Anyway, bring on number 2 !
  • DeltaBravoNiner 1 Mar 2010 13:41:39 631 posts
    Seen 10 months ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    So what Island is the sequel going to be on then...?
  • Deleted user 1 March 2010 13:46:18
    DeltaBravoNiner wrote:
    So what Island is the sequel going to be on then...?

Same one mate , it's just that they are improving every aspect of the game :
    More vehicles (off-road ones too) , a day/night cycle etc and (hopefully) a MP component that actually works this time xD
  • DeltaBravoNiner 1 Mar 2010 13:48:08 631 posts
    Seen 10 months ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Nice :) I wondered if they would move location, to another Island, Group of Islands or maybe mainland location.

TDU was a calss game, infact my first xbox360 game purchase. Loved it! Never got in the TDU Central Mafia tho :(
  • brainbird 1 Mar 2010 15:00:53 2,220 posts
    Seen 19 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Yes, dynamic weather and time would be sweet.
    I liked what MSR did with the local time zone during gameplay. Something similar would be nice. Maybe even linked to some forecast data from Hawaii?

I also remember how they promised us live streams of internet radio stations in TDU. I thought to myself: "That's the future of internet gaming."

Of course, the feature was cut from the final build.
  • Page

of 89 First / Last

Previous