PlayStation Vita Page 3

• Page

of 898 First / Last

• uglygamer 28 Apr 2009 10:58:07 11,765 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I think there will be a second analogue, aswell as a touchscreen, tilt, face buttons and directional buttons. It terms of control it should have all the bases covered.

think this

http://cache.kotaku.com/assets/resources/2008/02/2257628900_77906cf29f_o-12.jpg

ANother excuse to post that.
  • Ignatius_Cheese Moderator 28 Apr 2009 10:59:39 10,781 posts
    Seen 19 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I know something you don't know... ^_____^

/runs
  • ProfessorLesser 28 Apr 2009 11:02:23 19,349 posts
    Seen 5 days ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    That mock-up looks fucking retarded, what's wrong with everyone?
  • CosmicFuzz 28 Apr 2009 11:03:42 21,189 posts
    Seen 44 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Ignatius_Cheese wrote:
    I know something you don't know... ^_____^

/runs

Is it about the PSP 2 though?!

What's your thoughts on Heroes Reborn? Read my TV musings here.

• Ignatius_Cheese Moderator 28 Apr 2009 11:41:07 10,781 posts
    Seen 19 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Perhaps, perhaps not...

/is a mystery
  • pjmaybe 28 Apr 2009 11:45:55 70,676 posts
    Seen 5 years ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Bill Door wrote:
    I can't imagine many of the iphone games are 700 odd megs either.

IME a hell of a lot of the PSP games are surprisingly tiny.

Sega Rally f'r instance. 120 meg
  • Flying_Pig 28 Apr 2009 13:17:58 10,263 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I don't think you can look at the iPhone App store and assume that a digital distribution model will work equally as well for a future PSP. People are fairly used to downloading basic games for their phone and even paying a few quid for them.

Expectations for PSP/DS games are wildly higher in terms of quality, depth and length. Therefore the cost of these games would be higher also (think 20+). What a digital distribution model doesn't give you is price competition like you get currently with a physical product. You'll end up with all games remaining at full price, until they switch to the budget range. Very much like we used to get 10-15 years ago.
  • Razz 28 Apr 2009 13:44:05 59,979 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    It's not just that. There's a lot of pressure from retailers for companies like Sony to sell at RRP or more on downloads. As they're selling the same products physically and it's unfair if Sony turned around and offered all digital PSP games at a lower price point.

--------------------------------------------------------------------
    Steam/PSN/XBOX: Razztafarai | 3DS: 1246-9674-8856
    --------------------------------------------------------------------

• ecureuil 3 May 2009 01:15:25 76,002 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I know that when they announce this at E3 I'm going to want to buy it immediately. And I can't afford it..
  • Widge Moderator 7 Jul 2009 13:32:22 12,570 posts
    Seen 19 seconds ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    So a mega powerful one of these on the way? Wondering whether to cash in on the PSPGo I've ordered and get a Pusp2 instead.

_ _ _

www.unpaused.co.uk - electronic noise adjective salad

• Flying_Pig 16 Sep 2009 17:07:28 10,263 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    OK, so now we know the recent rumours were for the PSP Go, we can all start speculating about the eventual successor to the PSP.

Having recently discovered the joys of CFW on my PSP, I'd love to see what is essentially a portable version of the PS2 (i.e. PSP sized PS2), with either the entire PS2 catalogue available on the PS Store for less than a fiver, or the ability to rip your PS2 discs onto the PSP2's memory.

Makes sense from a developer perspective too - the closer it is to original PS2 hardware, the more familiar developers would be with the architecture, making development of new games (potentially) easier....?

I'd certainly pay 250 for that.

/dreams of playing ICO on the toilet
  • Widge Moderator 17 Sep 2009 14:38:06 12,570 posts
    Seen 19 seconds ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Less than a fiver, 50% the price of the existing PSone premium titles, that sadly won't happen.

_ _ _

• mrpon 17 Sep 2009 14:40:26 27,635 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    F_Ps wet dream

Give yourself 5 or gig, you're worth it.

• Cadence 17 Sep 2009 14:46:19 1,620 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    CFW?
  • Flying_Pig 17 Sep 2009 15:31:09 10,263 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    mrpon wrote:
    F_Ps wet dream

The Missus would never allow it!

@ Widge - OK less than a fiver is perhaps a bit optimistic, but something close would be brilliant.
  • Samuel_Barros 17 Oct 2009 18:19:14 1,250 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Exclusive: Sony PSP2 arriving in 2010, features PowerVR SGX543 graphics

http://brightsideofnews.com/news/2009/10/16/exclusive-sony-psp2-arriving-in-20102c-features-powervr-sgx543-graphics.aspx
  • Kay 17 Oct 2009 20:09:14 17,387 posts
    Seen 53 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    clocked at 222 MHz [later unlocked to 333 MHz, PSP Go can overclock to 480 MHz]

Clearly bullshit 'news' then.

No doubt there is a PSP2 in the works, but it's very unlikely to be released in the next 12 or so months. Might well be unveiled late next year though (along with the new DS) and then released sometime in 2011.
  • Flying_Pig 17 Nov 2009 10:34:23 10,263 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Decent Digital Foundry article on PSP2 (and DS2) hardware. Based on this we could be looking at announcements next year (E3?) and European launch in late 2010 or early 2011.

While the possible tech specs for the PSP2 look impressive, I'm worried that Sony will repeat the mistakes they made in the original PSP, and in particular the PSP Go.

The success of the DS has proven that technical prowess does not guarantee success. Indeed, I believe that part of the problem with the PSP has been lack of innovative titles and too many attempts to shoe-horn console style games on to a handheld.

I'm not disputing that there are some truly excellent and innovative titles on the PSP, but it has been a case of too little, too late.

Furthermore, with the switch to digital distribution on the PSP Go, has resulted in Sony painting themselves into a corner. PSP Store has too few titles, with slow release of new software and high prices compared to high street (or the App Store for Minis).

I really hope that Sony surprises us and proves my concerns unfounded. As I said above - just give is a handheld PS2 with access to the entire library of games (better still the ability to rip them from the original discs). It would prove to be relatively inexpensive and would already have a huge number of superb games.

Not gonna happen though...
  • Widge Moderator 17 Nov 2009 10:46:51 12,570 posts
    Seen 19 seconds ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Part of me would like them to make some wonder machine. Form factor of a Go but with a 2nd nub where "start/select" is, make it touchscreen, phone, nice storage, camera of decent quality. Literally the all in one wonder machine... transcending being a portable games console into a portable everything machine.

Doubt it'd happen though. Too expensive, too risky.

One thing I wonder about being a portable PS2... somewhere R/L2 needs to be factored into the equation. No idea where to stick them.

_ _ _

• mrpon 17 Nov 2009 11:19:55 27,635 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Firstly start with a top down view of a PS3 controller and keep the placement of those controls the same. Then add a screen. Job done.

Give yourself 5 or gig, you're worth it.

• Deleted user 17 November 2009 15:02:04
    Mentioned it elsewhere but don't think Sony should make a new portable machine right now, rather see them put everything they've got behind the PS3 and let Apple and Nintendo duke it out on the portable market.
  • uglygamer 17 Nov 2009 15:16:02 11,765 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Vertical Stand wrote:
    Mentioned it elsewhere but don't think Sony should make a new portable machine right now, rather see them put everything they've got behind the PS3 and let Apple and Nintendo duke it out on the portable market.

Why? After all the PSP is a profitable machine its just that the software aint selling well, but thats probably due to piracy.

If you just leave it to Apple and Nintendo the technologies of handheld gaming wont progress quick enough.
  • Deleted user 17 November 2009 16:13:58
    But has it really carved out a space and identity for itself that couldn't be done by either Apple or Nintendo? I don't think Sony can make a handheld just for Japan, market isn't big enough anymore.

What progress does the technology need, why does it need to be quick, Nintendo have shown it doesn't need to be, and the recession has thankfully slowed this destructive arms race. PSP can do all sorts, online, blue tooth yet some like ad hoc don't seem to take hold in the West as it does in Japan.

I did add a caveat in my previous post (October NPD thread I think) that if Sony had a bright new design and idea, it is worth a shot but learning from mistakes with the PSP and putting out a new more powerful that cannot be pirated as easily, I dunno - of course things change very quickly as it did with Apple turning up.

Personally reckon that getting the PS3 to last and have more exclusive content is the aim of the game. I also figure the next Nintendo handheld will be able to run existing Monster Hunter assests and other games currently considered PSP material.
  • Flying_Pig 17 Nov 2009 16:19:36 10,263 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    While I agree that Sony should put some serious thought into their strategy with the eventual PSP2, I don't necessarily think that they should hold off from launching it.

The success of the Wii has proven that shinier graphics and bigger bangs alone are not enough to drive the take up of new (expensive) hardware. The enlarged gaming community, of which we EG'ers occupy a small piece of, will be expecting some innovation, which so far, Sony have shown no signs of offering.
  • Blerk Moderator 12 May 2010 09:57:58 48,224 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Just in time for Christmas. Potentially.
  • LockeTribal 12 May 2010 10:10:37 4,443 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Blerk wrote:
    Just in time for Christmas. Potentially.

Interesting...
  • Kay 12 May 2010 10:11:51 17,387 posts
    Seen 53 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    It'll be unveiled at E3, sure, but somehow I doubt it'll come out this year. Not in Europe, anyway.
  • Blerk Moderator 12 May 2010 10:13:31 48,224 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Dunno, I suppose it depends on just what they've bundled into it. If it's just a slightly faster PSP with an extra stick then it could be feasible to launch it very quickly. I guess it'll also depend on whether they want to beat the 3DS to market or not.
  • Page

of 898 First / Last