PlayStation Vita Page 857

• Page

of 900 First / Last

• aros 7 Feb 2014 09:24:35 2,053 posts
    Seen 20 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    ibenam wrote:
    @Roddy100 ah ok, well unless youre a fan of platform puzzle games it gets boring real quick.
    This. I wouldn't recommend it unless you are a fan of that type of thing. Only played through about 2 1/2 worlds before stopping but I am not a big fan of puzzle platform games. As far as they go, it's very good though.

Edited by aros at 09:25:45 07-02-2014
  • nickthegun 7 Feb 2014 09:27:13 55,848 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    uiruki wrote:
    @nickthegun are you sure it isn't because you actually like them? :) There's a world of difference between a good DW and a bad one, as anyone who played Spartan Total Warrior would know.
    Heh, maybe. I think the likes of Gundam and Fist of the northstar have spoiled (if that was possible) the main franchise for me.

I much prefer Fist of the northstar because the combat actually feels like it matters, like you are fighting actual people rather than just mowing a lawn of people.

---------------------------------------------------------
    He totally called it

• uiruki 7 Feb 2014 09:40:37 3,530 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I think the original Fist was really well done because of the impact of the attacks - everything looked like it really hurt. They kind of ruined that with the second by trying to speed it up, I think. Gundam has lots of explosions and stuff you don't get in DW so there's more feedback that way - blowing up 100+ suits in a single harmed shot in Shin Gundam Musou is really satisfying.

Orochi 3 Ultimate is really the pinnacle of the "mowing people down" bit so far, but I think the PS4 version of DW8 will hold it close as it's clear that the PS3 game clips people out of attacks an awful lot.

Edit: out of curiosity, what's your opinion on Sengoku Basara? You'll never mistake it for a Devil May Cry, but I think it adds enough to the fighting system to make coming up with combos enough to keep you going between the idiotic dialogue and ridiculous cutscenes.

Edited by uiruki at 09:47:30 07-02-2014
  • santashi 7 Feb 2014 11:16:10 4,928 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Nice surprise to find 5 of the Higurashi heroines in Super Heroine Chronicles. I thought they'd missed Shion out (or was it Mion?...).

PSN ID: finn1
    3DS: 3497-0005-6756

• ibenam 7 Feb 2014 12:20:35 1,272 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @wobbly_Bob Humour & Personality :D - If you compare if to Thomas Was Alone it makes Stealth look like an Accountant at an Office Christmas Party.
  • el_pollo_diablo 7 Feb 2014 13:29:13 2,031 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Spiderman is pretty good! It's not exactly an oil painting (see also: Need For Speed) but it's quite fun just zipping around. The combat reminds me of Lego City Undercover, oddly.
  • TarickStonefire 7 Feb 2014 13:30:39 2,613 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    After stupidly attempting Hotline Miami on a Macbook with a trackpad (STILL no controller support for the Mac version) months ago, obviously fucking hating it and failing to understand what the fuss was about I just gave in and got it for a couple of quid on Vita.

And *now* I get it. :D

The music is so awesome - it all is, obviously, but the music really makes it.

Any Netflix library in the world for a couple of quid a month? Gimme!

• TarickStonefire 7 Feb 2014 13:34:26 2,613 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    I considered Thomas Was Alone but… I rarely finish puzzley platformery games. I play them a couple of times but eventually get bored. Same reason I haven't bothered with Stealth.

Thinking about Spelunky just because that's a good price. Played the demo for a couple of goes but the lack of progression particular to Rogue-likes kind of puts me off in the long term even though despite myself I enjoyed the demo.

What else was I thinking about… Oh yeah, Lone Survivor. I have it for the Mac but never played it after the first go because it just seemed a bit boring. But again, at that price, so many indie games are better on the Vita.

Edited by TarickStonefire at 13:35:25 07-02-2014

• lucky_jim 7 Feb 2014 13:35:00 5,161 posts
    Seen 57 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    @TarickStonefire
    Does the PC version support a gamepad? When I tried it (ages ago), I'm pretty sure it was M+K only.

But the Vita's far and away the best format for it anyway, imo.
  • TarickStonefire 7 Feb 2014 13:36:37 2,613 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    lucky_jim wrote:
    @TarickStonefire
    Does the PC version support a gamepad? When I tried it (ages ago), I'm pretty sure it was M+K only.

But the Vita's far and away the best format for it anyway, imo.
    Yeah I'm sure it supports the 360 controller. I remember thinking it would be insane to even try playing it without one after tying my fingers in knots trying to play literally the very first tutorial corridor.

• aros 7 Feb 2014 13:52:04 2,053 posts
    Seen 20 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    el_pollo_diablo wrote:
    Spiderman is pretty good! It's not exactly an oil painting (see also: Need For Speed) but it's quite fun just zipping around. The combat reminds me of Lego City Undercover, oddly.
    Aye I'm enjoying it a lot too - seems a shame it didn't get a wider retail release.
  • YenRug 7 Feb 2014 14:09:14 1,752 posts
    Seen 53 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Not quite as visually overwhelming as Tempest X3 on the PS1, thank god, that used to end up being impossible to make out what was going on when it really got going.

Edited by YenRug at 14:13:53 07-02-2014
  • CompetitiveDad 7 Feb 2014 14:13:17 1,349 posts
    Seen 53 minutes ago
    Registered 6 months ago
    @TarickStonefire TWA takes about 2hrs to complete, the narration makes the game. The gameplay is basic and not to taxing.

It's a enjoyable journey :)

Gamertag - Belly (2 capital i's)
    PSN ID - Belly (2 capital i's)
    NNID - CompetitiveDad

Feel free to add me :)

• ZuluHero 7 Feb 2014 14:22:35 3,660 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    ibenam wrote:
    @wobbly_Bob Humour & Personality :D - If you compare if to Thomas Was Alone it makes Stealth look like an Accountant at an Office Christmas Party.
    Conversely I prefer Stealth to Thomas. I like Thomas but i've yet to finish it. I think im in Wobbly Bob's camp - some of the puzzle design in stealth made me giggle with glee.
  • CompetitiveDad 7 Feb 2014 15:21:56 1,349 posts
    Seen 53 minutes ago
    Registered 6 months ago
    Some of the prices in the vita sale are ridiculous.

Spelunky
    Stealth inc
    Walking dead
    Hotline Miami
    TWA

Less than £20 for the lot!

Gamertag - Belly (2 capital i's)
    PSN ID - Belly (2 capital i's)
    NNID - CompetitiveDad

Feel free to add me :)

• bunglebonce 7 Feb 2014 16:04:15 2,034 posts
    Seen 44 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    The Frozen Synapse Tactics dev update is on the EU PS blog.

I'm so excited, I've been desperate for a turn based game like this for so long. No word on the release date unfortunately.

PSN ID: erniewhatbert

• Murbal 10 Feb 2014 08:54:10 21,547 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Crumbs. I'm so close right now to cancelling all my pre-orders. I'll likely regret it if I do (got most of them at decent prices), but right now I'm of the mindset that I have a host of unfinished games that I also pre-ordered with the same excitement. Damn you Vita with your crowded Japanese-centric release schedule for Feb/March!

They're always going to be available in some guise, right? There's also the chance that in a couple of months I can grab them at a reduced cost too.

Be strong and play through the games I have. That's what I'll do.

I've been here before. I've said these things before. I must not get caught up in the excitement and feel like I'm missing out. I *must* play P4G.
  • binky Moderator 10 Feb 2014 08:56:59 9,236 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    I've been playing Final Fantasy VII for a week now (which for me amounts to 2 hours game time :-/ ) and I am so pleased I decided to take a punt on it in the sale. I've never played a Final Fantasy game (except for a brief fling with 13 on xbox which I just didn't gel with). My first impression of FF7 was that it looked like complete arse but already that doesn't matter and I'm being drawn in to the story and even enjoying the battles.

No idea if I'll ever find the time to finish it, but I'm really glad I've at least now experienced what everyone has been enjoying for all these years.

Basically - YAY FOR VITA.
  • nickthegun 10 Feb 2014 09:47:34 55,848 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    uiruki wrote:
    Edit: out of curiosity, what's your opinion on Sengoku Basara?
    I only ever played it on the PS2, but I really liked it.

He totally called it

• uiruki 10 Feb 2014 09:50:35 3,530 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    You should definitely try the PS3 ones if you get a chance then - they let you use a lot more moves with less switching around. 4 is ridiculous in the stuff you can do to enemies, which makes it more of a shame Capcom have given up on it in the west.
  • nickthegun 10 Feb 2014 09:55:36 55,848 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Yeah, its a shame they dont seem to be localised.

On a tangent, im happy that Jojos all star battle looks like its finally going to get a western release. Would be a shame if I never got to play that as it looks brilliant.

He totally called it

• uiruki 10 Feb 2014 09:59:15 3,530 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    It isn't great, IMO. The story mode is all text and the fighting is super stiff with the steepest jumping angle this side of Mortal Kombat. Graphically it is tremendous though - if you're a fan I suspect it might be worth the entry fee to see all the super moves.
  • nickthegun 10 Feb 2014 10:01:44 55,848 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Hmm... OK cheers. The vids ive seen do look pretty cool, but I have heard that the fighting engine itself isnt that great.

Maybe one to pick up cheap (I believe its a digital only release)

He totally called it

• Load_2.0 10 Feb 2014 10:37:13 18,192 posts
    Seen 16 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Dynasty Warriors just feels like I am mowing the lawn.

Move this direction mash mash mash, dudes going flying. OK push in which direction now? Oh this way... mash mash mash.
  • Flying_Pig 10 Feb 2014 11:01:41 10,276 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Murbal wrote:
    Crumbs. I'm so close right now to cancelling all my pre-orders. I'll likely regret it if I do (got most of them at decent prices), but right now I'm of the mindset that I have a host of unfinished games that I also pre-ordered with the same excitement. Damn you Vita with your crowded Japanese-centric release schedule for Feb/March!

They're always going to be available in some guise, right? There's also the chance that in a couple of months I can grab them at a reduced cost too.

I've been here before. I've said these things before. I must not get caught up in the excitement and feel like I'm missing out. I *must* play P4G.
    Which is exactly why I won't be getting any of those releases in the near term. However I do think that by buying at least one of them means that I'll be supporting the Vita which could result in more games in the future....
  • DFawkes 10 Feb 2014 11:15:09 22,056 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Load_2.0 wrote:

Move this direction mash mash mash, dudes going flying. OK push in which direction now? Oh this way... mash mash mash.
    Higher difficulty, good sir. Button mashing will almost get you by with rank and file peons, but you'll get your arse handed to you when you meet generals. They'll exploit any gap you leave and require use of some of the more advance stuff like counters, proper use of charge attack combos and dodges to prevail.

It's not for everyone though. I have to admit I generally don't play it on higher difficulty settings because I'm simply not fast enough, and your mistakes get punished immensely. Early on, one slip up and you're dead. That experience isn't for me, but for those that want to enjoy an experience that requires real skill, it's certainly there in Dynasty Warriors :)

That said, no idea if DW Next is like that. DW8 probably will be though, the core series tend to treat difficulty similar, except that one that turned archers into Legolas equivalents that wreck your health bar if you even consider being in the same continent as them. I think that was 5, thankfully addressed in 6.

Edited by DFawkes at 11:18:08 10-02-2014

I'd kick the living daylights out of the producers of Tipping Point - Ghandi

• Murbal 10 Feb 2014 11:18:06 21,547 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I got as far as cancelling Ys Celceta. I never did finish 7 so that was an easy call.

Might still keep my Danganronpa order going though...
  • Rafeage 10 Feb 2014 11:19:37 45 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Flying_Pig wrote:
    Murbal wrote:

Which is exactly why I won't be getting any of those releases in the near term. However I do think that by buying at least one of them means that I'll be supporting the Vita which could result in more games in the future....
    I, on the other hand, am being a complete loony and buying Trigger Happy Havoc, Ys and Sorcery Saga the day they come out. I would be grabbing Toukiden as well but I came across a rather big issue with the core crafing system in the demo so I'm going to leave that for now.
  • DFawkes 10 Feb 2014 11:21:30 22,056 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    How is the crafting system? I've watched gameplay videos but obviously they gloss over it as it'd be boring to watch someone click through menus instead of cut stuff up. Curious to know how the crafting is, especially if you have issues with it.

I'd kick the living daylights out of the producers of Tipping Point - Ghandi

• nickthegun 10 Feb 2014 11:28:15 55,848 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    DFawkes wrote:
    Load_2.0 wrote:

Higher difficulty, good sir. Button mashing will almost get you by with rank and file peons, but you'll get your arse handed to you when you meet generals. They'll exploit any gap you leave and require use of some of the more advance stuff like counters, proper use of charge attack combos and dodges to prevail.

It's not for everyone though. I have to admit I generally don't play it on higher difficulty settings because I'm simply not fast enough, and your mistakes get punished immensely. Early on, one slip up and you're dead. That experience isn't for me, but for those that want to enjoy an experience that requires real skill, it's certainly there in Dynasty Warriors :)

That said, no idea if DW Next is like that. DW8 probably will be though, the core series tend to treat difficulty similar, except that one that turned archers into Legolas equivalents that wreck your health bar if you even consider being in the same continent as them. I think that was 5, thankfully addressed in 6.

The thing to remember is that anything above mook level is always behind you. If you have a red energy bar on your screen, he's behind you.

Also: I *HATE* the duel system. I still havent fully worked it out and I think im towards the end now so after slowly whittling down two energy bars only for the CPU to hit me twice and kill me is somewhat annoying.

And its still doing that thing of forcing you to play as the piece of shit you have purposely avoided using, meaning your weapons are rubbish.

Still... just another 10 minute blast..

He totally called it

• Page

of 900 First / Last