PlayStation Vita Page 777

• Page

of 900 First / Last

• CompetitiveDad 10 Nov 2013 21:34:18 1,353 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 6 months ago
    northernlights wrote:
    Thanks guys for the advice. I may give it a few days and see how I feel. I am always the same whenever i buy anything expensive for myself. That guilty feeling.

Though I know none of you and am not thin skinned I am surprised that I get accused of nicking it but hey ! Thats the internet.
    I really hope you decide to keep it, it's a great peice of kit. I can only see it getting better with the arrival of the PS4.

You could always sell a kidney and keep the vita. :)

Gamertag - Belly (2 capital i's)
    PSN ID - Belly (2 capital i's)
    NNID - CompetitiveDad

Feel free to add me :)

• Carlo 10 Nov 2013 21:47:47 17,913 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Played Killzone, Hotline Miami and now uncharted.

If I never play another game on it, those three alone have made it worthwhile.

Of course it won't be.

PSN ID: Djini

• darrenb 10 Nov 2013 23:59:16 673 posts
    Seen 44 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I have spent the weekend on super stardust on the vita (from the sci-fi sale) and got the ps3 version too for 4 quid a pop... Most fun I've had on both machines for some time. Good to play something that isn't padded by a story I couldn't give a damn about :-)
  • Deleted user 11 November 2013 04:50:23
    Probably a tad sacrilegious, but does anyone else here not really get on with LBP?

It's a strange one for me, as objectively I can see why it's so highly rated, and in many ways is a masterpiece.

The visuals and style are incredible, and I think the level design is very solid, clever, and imaginative. And of course the whole creating and sharing aspect.

The problem for me is down to just one thing, the controls and overall feel of the game. It's so floaty and unsatisfying. Feels incredibly imprecise compared to the platforming greats. Platformers more than any other genre kind of need to be a joy to control. You should enjoy running and jumping around, just for the sake of it. You should also feel very much in control of your character. All the platforming greats achieved that - Mario, Donkey Kong, Sonic (the good ones), and NiGHTS if you can call it a platformer.

LBP doesn't have that satisfying feel to the controls and physics. It feels a bit like I'm controlling a bog standard object in a physics engine, without the extra magic on top manipulating forces to make the character feel fun, unique, and satisfying.
  • Gambit1977 11 Nov 2013 05:15:25 9,560 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    no, I'm the same. I actually want to love it, but it feels as loose as the old shoot em up construction kit games to me. Looks lovely though.
  • monkman76 11 Nov 2013 06:13:37 3,398 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @rumblesushi Agree with you on this one :) Keep trying with various versions of LBP but I just don't like it really. Not too keen on the aesthetics actually, even though I fully understand why many love them. It's why I'm not that excited by Tearaway.
  • lucky_jim 11 Nov 2013 06:21:57 5,161 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    @rumblesushi
    You can add me to the list. I bought it in a PSN sale and haven't played it enough to even say I got my fiver's worth out of it. I got LBP1 free with my PS3 and barely played it; and LBP2 at no extra charge via PS+, and it sat on my hard disk for far longer than it should have, virtually unplayed.

Like you, I can objectively see that they're good. I really, really want to like them more than I do.
  • northernlights 11 Nov 2013 06:28:40 605 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Injustice vita i think is out 2morrow. Anyone know if there will be a demo
  • StixxUK 11 Nov 2013 07:50:58 7,172 posts
    Seen 26 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Ok then, new question: does anyone actually still like LBP?
  • CompetitiveDad 11 Nov 2013 08:35:56 1,353 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 6 months ago
    LBP is a game I always tell others is fantastic, yet I've barely played them at all.

Its still great though :)

Maybe it's because the missus, as a non gamer, actually showed some interest in my fave past time for once! Ha :)

Gamertag - Belly (2 capital i's)
    PSN ID - Belly (2 capital i's)
    NNID - CompetitiveDad

Feel free to add me :)

• TarickStonefire 11 Nov 2013 09:37:02 2,644 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Looks like a standard platformed to me, with a homemade art style that can't possibly make it any less annoying to play than any other platformerů

I always assumed the main draw of LBP was 'create your own levels!' but I've learned from experience that making your own levels really isn't that much fun and there's a reason people get paid to do thatů ;)

Any Netflix library in the world for a couple of quid a month? Gimme!

• nickthegun 11 Nov 2013 09:39:06 55,861 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Ive never liked LBP. What do I win?

Its got all the right ingredients, whimsy, stephen fry, whimsy, user levels shaped like cocks and whimsy but the platforming is shit.

Same goes for little big planet karting, which is also rubbish.

---------------------------------------------------------
    He totally called it

• kalel 11 Nov 2013 09:41:24 83,875 posts
    Seen 35 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I liked it a lot more on the Vita than the PS3. It's definitely style over substance, but it's fun enough.
  • aros 11 Nov 2013 09:42:51 2,053 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I enjoyed LBPV a lot more than the other editions of the game - it took me a long time to play through the story mode but I really enjoyed the Community aspect on this edition and have been amazed by what people have managed. I see Community more as interactive art than a proper platform game and it's amazing from that point of view. That said, I haven't played it in a while but it's always something I consider going back to to play the latest Team Picks.

I agree the platforming isn't too satisfying but I think that's by design, to shift focus to what people create using the tools. Search for 'Most played' and queue them all up, perhaps playing with the Create tool to see how hard it is first. You will like the game then I'm sure.
  • StarchildHypocrethes 11 Nov 2013 09:43:06 24,564 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    How's the Vita d-pad with fighters?

Quite tempted by Injustice as I'm more likely to sit and play it on my Vita than I did on my 360.
  • nickthegun 11 Nov 2013 09:44:10 55,861 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    aros wrote:
    I enjoyed LBPV a lot more than the other editions of the game
    I am shocked.

He totally called it

• aros 11 Nov 2013 09:44:16 2,053 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    TarickStonefire wrote:
    I always assumed the main draw of LBP was 'create your own levels!' but I've learned from experience that making your own levels really isn't that much fun and there's a reason people get paid to do thatů ;)
    It's playing what other, extemely talented, people can create IMO. I've probably played 3 or 4 full games worth of levels better than MM's own!
  • aros 11 Nov 2013 09:45:38 2,053 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    nickthegun wrote:
    aros wrote:
    I enjoyed LBPV a lot more than the other editions of the game
    I am shocked.
    lol. I prefer any platformer on a handheld really. My skill level seems to be higher on handhelds for platforming, does anyone else find that?
  • nickthegun 11 Nov 2013 09:46:04 55,861 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    StarchildHypocrethes wrote:
    How's the Vita d-pad with fighters?

Quite tempted by Injustice as I'm more likely to sit and play it on my Vita than I did on my 360.
    Good, yeah. The only problem is that the shoulder bumpers arent brilliant and there arent two inline shoulder buttons, so you have to use L for something, which isnt ideal but the d-pad itself is fine.

Edited by nickthegun at 09:48:55 11-11-2013

He totally called it

• StarchildHypocrethes 11 Nov 2013 09:48:20 24,564 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Ah yeah, good point on the shoulders. I seem to remember them being used a fair amount on the 360 version.

Hopefully there'll be demo so I can have a try.
  • nickthegun 11 Nov 2013 09:49:56 55,861 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Grab sfxt if you havent already and give it a bash. I, basically, never use HK for anything.

He totally called it

• Load_2.0 11 Nov 2013 09:52:14 18,200 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I played LBP for about 30 mins and unistalled it to make room on the card.

Pretty but I just didn't get any satisfaction.
  • aros 11 Nov 2013 10:11:03 2,053 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    breedob wrote:
    My vita keeps signing out of the network when I put it on stand by. This has been happening over the past few days and means no ps+ uploads etc are happening overnight. Anyone any ideas?
    Mine has been since the update - I've just accepted the new T&C's so hopefully that will resolve the issue.
  • TheMayorOfJugs 11 Nov 2013 10:16:52 2,278 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 10 months ago
    Load_2.0 wrote:
    Know that feel bro.
  • nickthegun 11 Nov 2013 11:28:39 55,861 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Its looking pretty good, fwiw

He totally called it

• The_Goon 11 Nov 2013 11:30:57 116 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 5 months ago
    Load_2.0 wrote:
    I played LBP for about 30 mins and unistalled it to make room on the card.

I'd never played an LBP before the Vita version. May revisit it later but I was left unimpressed too.
  • JayG 11 Nov 2013 12:49:16 828 posts
    Seen 27 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I didn't like LBP either, and I was really looking forward to finally playing one.
  • JayG 11 Nov 2013 12:49:54 828 posts
    Seen 27 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    If I can get my Vita working again, definitely interested in Injustice, looks great.
  • aros 11 Nov 2013 13:20:02 2,053 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Did you all play Community levels or just try the single player?
  • Page

of 900 First / Last