Murbal wrote:
    I always add 10 - 20% to Vita scores
    why?!
    I NEVER SAID THAT
  • elhozzo 25 Oct 2013 10:39:32 234 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @Kangoo

'A bit naughty that this was in the recent sale and there was no warning like previous months.'

to be fair, its been strongly hinted at, on replies to blog posts more than once ...

Hotline Miami too, although maybe not until sometime next year
  • Gl3n Moderator 25 Oct 2013 11:12:29 5,168 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Well I bought Guacemelee yesterday, so fuck them if it does become free.

PSN: Glendemic Xbox: Gl3n Steam: Gl3n

• Spectral 25 Oct 2013 11:20:13 4,949 posts
    Seen 45 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Sometimes worth getting stuff while its cheap rather than "free" anyway. Especially stuff you think you might want to replay after your sub expires. There have been a number of times I've wished I could buy a discounted game but can't because its classed as purchased on the store.
  • aros 25 Oct 2013 11:44:04 2,053 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    imamazed wrote:
    aros wrote:
    Murbal wrote:
    I always add 10 - 20% to Vita scores
    why?!
    Because review sites typically compare Vita games to console games, rather than other handheld games, meaning they are marked around 1 point lower than the score I feel they are worth (on average)

Obviously you guys can think I'm crazy etc but my personal feelings about a game are always a bit better than reviews as I rarely get time to play ps3 so am not comparing titles to games on that.

When TVL review the game it will be interesting to see their score - I'm disappointed all other sites seem to be reviewing the 3DS version and Vita version as one when previews were so different.
  • Malignant 25 Oct 2013 11:58:27 84 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    @Nazo

Nazo wrote:
    Damn my Vita has started reporting that a problem has occurred with a mobile network feature when I turn it on.

It seems to be a fairly common issue related to the 3G (which I'm never planning to use). I'm in 2 minds whether to live with it or get it replaced.
    Have you just bought the 3G version?

I had the same problem yesterday (it wouldn't let me skip the error to continue the setup process).

Found the solution here, hope it helps. :)
  • Cosmopolitan 25 Oct 2013 12:07:00 1,891 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    That's odd, never had such problem with my 3G Vita. But I have data always on with a SIM inserted.
    /knock on wood

The Master of Unlocking.

• Nazo 25 Oct 2013 12:12:02 312 posts
    Seen 10 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @Malignant
    My problem is similar I suspect but a bit different. It was working fine for a week or so but now this message has started coming up. I'm already on the latest firmware so it's not that.

I'll try a recovery but from what I've read I'm not hopeful, cheers for the link though.
  • Deleted user 25 October 2013 12:18:30
    I really hope they let us change PSN IDs; maybe as a one-time PS4-setup thing?

signed,
    biggbuttpokemonfan64
  • Murbal 25 Oct 2013 13:26:35 21,547 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    cozeny wrote:

signed,
    biggbuttpokemonfan64
    No wonder it wouldn't let me have that when I signed up!
  • Mr-Brett 25 Oct 2013 13:28:19 12,676 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    That's a brilliant name, why on earth would you want to change it?

Portable view - Never forget.

• TheMightyRose 25 Oct 2013 14:08:45 174 posts
    Seen 6 months ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    The Mighty Rose is currently playing through Batman Arkham Blackgate on the Vita and it is a bit of a mixed bag so far. The game looks half decent but after clocking up over 2 hours (30%completion) I have not faced more than a group of about 3-5 enemies at any one time. I am hoping that this changes as the game wears on as one of the best things about both Arkham Asylum and Arkham City was the sheer numbers of enemies on screen.

Also there seems to be, at least for me, sections where Batman is unable to return to previous screens as the camera does not seem to transition back or give you any options. It has happened twice now and I have had to return to the last checkpoint. To give an example. In one of the cell blocks I grappled onto a far ledge in order to gain access to a Wayne Tech crate however afterwards I found there was no way to return back to the previous ledge and no way of dropping over the side and nor were there any vents or weak walls to go through. There is probably something the babe magnet is missing. He He. The controls definitely take some getting used to and in fighting only a handful of enemies so far it is hard to gauge how good it is as the enemies are too far apart to keep a decent combo going. My highest so far is just a measly ten where as in AA and AC I managed massive combos including a 305 combo once! I also don't think this game has any challenge or survival levels in it either. These type of levels would be perfect on the Vita and it is a monumental blunder not to have them in this.

In terms of positives the things that the game does well, however, so far is in the music and voice acting and the detective mode is really well implemented with the player having to use the touch screen to manually scan objects and clues. I will try and playthrough the rest of this and if I have time, between saving the world, meeting babes and eating curry I wil try and post again with my thoughts. So far it is a 6 for me.
  • Mr-Brett 25 Oct 2013 14:13:53 12,676 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    After that opener I was hoping you'd written all of it in the third person :)

Portable view - Never forget.

• monkman76 25 Oct 2013 14:17:20 3,398 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Yep, that's got to be a new low for words-to-mentions-of-mightiness-and-Rose ratio.
  • Kangoo 25 Oct 2013 14:18:18 1,011 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    It's really hard with WB's games. By boycotting them because they are generally lazy 3DS ports, they can say there is no Vita market and justify carrying on. If we all go out and buy them, they think we are happy with what they are releasing and will carry on.

PSN: Adwab2

• TheMightyRose 25 Oct 2013 14:25:48 174 posts
    Seen 6 months ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    All true Mighty Rose fans know that the legend that is Tim Rose always speaks normally in certain sections of his posts. Check all my previous material for confirmation of this.

Truth is I was checking my posts from when I was on here many years ago the other day and I really was mental. Pure gold in every post. Maybe one day I may even revive my Robot with boobs or a Jetpack thread!

You may know the evil Mighty Rose by these signs:
    He wears his underpants inside out!
    He puts gel in his hair!
    He uses bad language and profanities!
  • monkman76 25 Oct 2013 14:28:26 3,398 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I'm sorry but just one 'The Mighty Rose' and no 'Tim Rose' in such a wall of text is unprecedented.
  • Zizoo 25 Oct 2013 14:29:30 7,705 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    @TheMightyRose

Cheers, I was looking for some impressions and in TheMightyRose we trust.

I'll hold off for a drop in price.
  • TheMightyRose 25 Oct 2013 14:39:29 174 posts
    Seen 6 months ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    @monkman76

Unprecedented but still 100% official Tim Rose. It just does not get any better. He He.

@Zizoo

Hang on there son. Tim Rose (me!) is not done yet lad. Let me get more into it and then get back to you.
  • Zizoo 25 Oct 2013 14:40:52 7,705 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Gee, thanks Mr Rose!

• Zizoo 25 Oct 2013 14:41:21 7,705 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Those are your fart bubbles as you fly away, btw.
  • TheMightyRose 25 Oct 2013 14:53:37 174 posts
    Seen 6 months ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    They smell like roses you know.

Edited by TheMightyRose at 14:54:10 25-10-2013
  • Zackv4861 25 Oct 2013 18:30:27 1,064 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Murbal wrote:
    cozeny wrote:

signed,
    biggbuttpokemonfan64
    No wonder it wouldn't let me have that when I signed up!
    Oh dear god i nearly cried with laughter at this!!! What a name!!!

I agree though i would love to change my name from Tysoe45

Edited by Zackv4861 at 18:32:47 25-10-2013
  • Gambit1977 26 Oct 2013 18:16:50 9,546 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Fucking bastard fucking Tule Tree!!!!!!!

No, still don't fee any better.
    Talk about ruining a brilliant game.
  • dsmx 26 Oct 2013 19:08:49 7,412 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I loved the tula tree when I finally got to the very top the feeling of accomplishment was brilliant, haven't felt like that since I finished Pursuit force. Tula tree isn't a bad part it's all about learning which moves to use where, the only bad part I found was behind a hidden gateway, the section with the vanishing platforms.

"If we hit that bullseye the rest of the dominoes will fall like a a house of cards, checkmate." Zapp Brannigan

• Trowel 26 Oct 2013 19:14:30 16,849 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Same here, the disappearing platforms room in the desert is by far the hardest thing in the game - Tule Tree gets a bad rap, and contains one of the funniest moments in the game: "Psyche!"
  • Moot_Point 27 Oct 2013 14:36:15 3,507 posts
    Seen 34 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    I had to check twice if this was the vita thread, anyway, does anyone know if Sony intend to bring any PS2 classics to the vita?

================================================================================

mowgli wrote: I can't believe this is still going. I'm far too hungover for this. I did not poop on a chair lol!

• Flying_Pig 27 Oct 2013 14:56:16 10,277 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    @Moot_Point - if you mean via emulation, then no. It's simply not powerful enough. All we'll get are HD remakes like MGS2/3, Ico, SotC etc.
  • Moot_Point 27 Oct 2013 15:04:24 3,507 posts
    Seen 34 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Really?!

I thought the vita was meant to be able to run PS3 games. Oh it's Sony! :p

================================================================================

mowgli wrote: I can't believe this is still going. I'm far too hungover for this. I did not poop on a chair lol!

• mrpon 27 Oct 2013 15:08:58 27,645 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Just PS4 games Moot ;)

Give yourself 5 or gig, you're worth it.

• Page

of 900 First / Last