PlayStation Vita Page 757

• Page

of 900 First / Last

• TheMightyRose 23 Oct 2013 11:35:33 174 posts
    Seen 6 months ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    You are only as good as your last haircut and my last haircut was a belter!

Guys!

I'm back!

Finally went back to LBP Vita after an eight month absence and amazingly I still remember how to use the create mode.

The Mighty Rose is also working on getting the trophies and I have cleared all the arcade levels. Some of which are an nightmare as they rely purely on the touch controls and, although I don't have fingers like beef olives, Tim Rose always finds that they do not always work unlike the normal controls. Now Tim Rose (me!) just needs to get the online trophies (I really don't like online trophies) but before that I need to finish off my latest level in create.

Hopefully I can get it published before the weekend as I want to get started on the new Batman on me Vita, Sue and Bob too.
  • asphaltcowboy 23 Oct 2013 11:40:56 5,129 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Carlo wrote:
    asphaltcowboy wrote:
    Yeah, I'm looking to expand the number of people I have on PSN - add me: asphaltcowboy
    I (Djini) think I already have you!
    Apparently not, but sent you an FR and accepted the one from andyc1980
  • Murbal 23 Oct 2013 12:18:19 21,547 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    asphaltcowboy wrote:
    Carlo wrote:
    asphaltcowboy wrote:
    Yeah, I'm looking to expand the number of people I have on PSN - add me: asphaltcowboy
    I (Djini) think I already have you!
    Apparently not, but sent you an FR and accepted the one from andyc1980
    I'm amibob - definitely haven't got you Carlo; not sure about asphalt... Will add if I haven't.
  • TheMightyRose 23 Oct 2013 12:20:38 174 posts
    Seen 6 months ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    One of my online friends told me about the PSN profiles site and suggested I should register but after having a look Tim Rose decided against it. However, I was checking it again the other day and lo and behold I am on it! How could I be on it despite never having registered? Has this happened to anyone else?

This sounds like a case for Mr.O!

@Murbal

You will always be Murbal the Gerbil to me son. He He.

Edited by TheMightyRose at 12:23:57 23-10-2013
  • aros 23 Oct 2013 14:06:18 2,053 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Looks like just Valhalla Knights 3 this week.

Doodle Devil is out too but AVOID at all costs as it's another free mobile non-game being sold for nearly 5. There is literally NO gameplay at all.
  • Luckyjim 23 Oct 2013 14:59:42 2,832 posts
    Seen 18 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Bottom of the page curse. Reposting in case people don't see it. Thanks Monkman.

For various reasons I'm thinking of trading-in/selling my 3DS to rebuy a Vita (Nintendo's draconian account system is one, off screen play with the PS4 is another). I also quite like the Indy direction the Vita has gone in. Value for money is another factor as I've a backlog of PS plus games I can work through.

So, some quick questions.
    1. What's the best deal going at the moment (10 game pack on Amazon looks good)?
    2. When's the new Vita version out? Is it worth waiting for or should I go for the old OLED version?
    3. What's prognosis on the Vita's future. Is it still being supported? It doesn't have to be super-successful for me to bite - I'm happy to buy a niche console, if it is one.
  • jampar 23 Oct 2013 16:04:50 57 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    @Luckyjim - I just scored one off Ebay - 112 for a wifi only Vita, with 5 games, a carry case, and a 16gb data card. The owner had not got rid of his PSN profile, so I had to do a hard reset to get his off, but it works fine now.
  • Kangoo 23 Oct 2013 16:26:08 1,011 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @Luckyjim

1.Think Argos had some good deals for about 139, well worth checking them out.
    2.No Euro release date to my knowledge for the new model, the current one is perfect imo although the new one does have some inbuilt memeory/better battery if you are patient.
    3.The Vita is well supported, although AAA titles are a bit thin compared to the amount of indie release. Sony seem to be pushing it a bit more now and it looks to be the perfect companion for the PS4.
    If you have a big plus backlog, you should be OK for ages without needing to spend anything else and you can keep topping up with new offerings.

PSN: Adwab2

• Deleted user 23 October 2013 16:47:28
    Surprised about the Motorstorm love, tried it a couple of times and thought it was crap. Then again, I think Micro Machines is the only 2D racer I've ever liked.

Regarding the new model, unless you consider an extra hour of battery essential, I would get the current OLED model. Perfect blacks and perfect motion handling, for me that trumps anything the new model offers by some margin.
  • Wolves1877 23 Oct 2013 16:58:29 383 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 11 months ago
    Loving my new Vita now I have a 32GB card.

• Deleted user 23 October 2013 17:00:28
    @Luckyjim Tescos have the 3G vita and sports pack i think, for 139.

Edited by joelstinton at 17:00:44 23-10-2013
  • Gl3n Moderator 23 Oct 2013 17:05:21 5,168 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I agree on Motorstorm, thought it was pants. A new micro machines though... mmmmm...

PSN: Glendemic Xbox: Gl3n Steam: Gl3n

• IncredibleKoosh 23 Oct 2013 17:35:14 239 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I really like Motorstorm RC. Reminds me of Super Skidmarks more than Micro Machines though.
  • Nazo 23 Oct 2013 18:10:20 313 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Do they still make Micro Machine toys?

I remember if you loaded the PC version with turbo turned off then switched it on after the went mental.

Why don't PCs have turbo switches anymore??
  • Gl3n Moderator 23 Oct 2013 18:13:31 5,168 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Incidentally, my EG PSN friends list is sparse :)

Add me up: Glendemic

PSN: Glendemic Xbox: Gl3n Steam: Gl3n

• Luckyjim 23 Oct 2013 19:21:34 2,832 posts
    Seen 18 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Thanks Chaps.
  • kentmonkey 23 Oct 2013 20:12:40 20,078 posts
    Seen 3 seconds ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Played my PS Vita in the car today at lunchtime (obviously while parked).....for about two minutes until the sun came out anyway.

Couldn't. See. A. Thing.

Might just be Virtue's Last Reward but seriously couldn't see anything.
  • Deleted user 23 October 2013 20:19:56
    @kentmonkey I've heard people say OLED screens are bad outdoors, but my Note 2 is fine outdoors. The Vita's screen is plenty bright too, so that's surprising.
  • breedob 23 Oct 2013 20:22:49 456 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Gl3n wrote:

Same here I'm also on ps3. Username: breedob
  • mrpon 23 Oct 2013 20:22:56 27,645 posts
    Seen 10 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Gl3n wrote:

List here and here. Notice mine is the more friendly version ;)

Give yourself 5 or gig, you're worth it.

• northernlights 23 Oct 2013 20:27:11 605 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I intend to buy a PS vita or 3ds xl. Unsure which ! I'm edging towards the 3DS but the much lower price of the vita May tempt me. Question mainly is would I rather play mario 3d or uncharted. Luigi mansion or lbp ?
  • Deleted user 23 October 2013 20:32:04
    I can't speak for the vita, but the 3ds as some great games, but by all accounts so does the vita, so... hard choice. Luigi mansion 2 is one of my favourite games this year. top stuff.
  • Deleted user 23 October 2013 20:40:37
    The 3DS has some great games, but as a piece of hardware the Vita is so much better it's not even funny. Almost everything about the 3DS is crap.

The XL does look better, more comfortable, better battery, but the screen still looks total crap in comparison.

Depends how much you like Nintendo games I guess. The truth is I would rather play Mario 3D Land and Luigi's Mansion to Uncharted and LBP, but I get my Nintendo fix on the Wu, and the Vita is just a really nice machine to use with a lot of interesting games.

Do you have PS Plus? That should sway your decision, a shit load of excellent games for next to nothing.
  • johnson81 23 Oct 2013 22:21:14 368 posts
    Seen 18 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Loving PS+ on the Vita, but never have enough space to download the latest games. Always having to delete games to try the latest additions. I'm always switching between games as well depending on my mood and currently in the middle of about 8 games.

Decided to import a 64Gb from CDJapan, just hoping to get away without paying import charges but unlikely. Cost just over 60 and I can't imagine the UK price is going to be much cheaper than that so thought fuck it.
  • L0cky 23 Oct 2013 22:21:50 1,442 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    So I've had it for a while now, thought I'd leave it a couple of weeks to bed in before giving my impressions. Engage stream of consciousness...

- It looks nice (realised I had never actually seen one other than pictures).
    - Now this place is a mess. Why does unboxing things cause so much clutter? Tidy up first...
    - Turn it on.
    - Wow, that screen. Now that's a nice screen!
    - Someone said it's plastic. It is plastic. It's a nice screen!
    - This background music is annoying. Oh, there's an option to turn it off, nice.
    - Buttons feel nice. Left Right Up Down Cross Square Circle Triangle. L R. L. L???
    - L button is squeaky. Is it supposed to be like this? Check internet... Nope, it's not supposed to be, but a lot of them are like this :(
    - More internet, screwdriver, fucking turn you bastard; I don't have a smaller screwdriver! Oh you mother... yay it turned. L. L. L. That's more like it!
    - Sign in, check Playstation Store. I bought a console and didn't buy a single game but I've dutifully downloaded all the PS+ games for the past few months and with the free 10 game megapack I now have games coming out of my ears. What is this, Christmas?
    - Playstation Store is silky smooth. Why can't it be like this on PS3?
    - Will not buy Spelunky. I played this on XBLA for months. If I buy Spelunky I will not play anything else. DO NOT BUY SPELUNKY.
    - Organised the icons on the home screen, checked each app and bundled most of them into a group I'll never use.
    - Try some games, starting with the casual crap I'll remove 5 minutes later.
    - Some coconut catching crab, ferbersomething simon says, long neck giraffe, some octopus thing, a safari free to play thing, and Lemmings. So far so mobile, all gone now, except Lemmings, which will stay there for a few months before I realise I will never have the will to play it.
    - Gravity Rush for 5 minutes before I remove it. Oh wait... this is not what I thought it was going to be. I thought it was going to be a runner game like Temple Run for some reason. 4 hours later, yep I'll keep this one thanks.
    - Tilt screen controls on a handheld device are still retarded though.
    - Motorstorm RC. A little difficult on a small screen but most tracks work well with the offset camera mode after you've learned it in overview camera mode. Time trials. Not elastic opponents. Keeper.
    - The analogue sticks are barely analogue; huge deadzones and small analogue area; they may as well be digital. Using them also makes the console uncomfortable to hold. Why do Sony think having your thumbs at right angles is a comfortable default position in all their controllers ever? If the 3DS has one thing over the Vita, it's that analogue slider.
    - Touch My Katamari. Haven't played one of these before. Seems charming. Keep for later when I can get my head around it's craziness.
    - Hotline Miami is on sale? Nice, first purchase. Oh look, there's... nooooo... cannooot ressiisttt... bought Spelunky.
    - Hotline Miami suits the console well. Controls are still a bit weird, but no worse than PC and I don't have the mouse leaving the window onto the second monitor problem. Will nail this again at a later time.
    - Spelunky. It's perfect. Nearly got to the City of Gold on my third attempt, but still no cigar. Must resist playing again for a while.
    - Rayman Oranges. Didn't get on with the XBLA demo.
    - Running out of space. Looks like 8gb might not be enough. I don't want to be raped by Sony. Lower your prices again please.
    - Rayman Oranges. This is kinda fun. I like the way your game continues where you left it without any loading time.
    - Didn't I used to think it was awkward to hold this thing? Seems ok now.
    - Rayman Oranges. Excellent game, and Legends is even better? Can't wait.
    - I don't have headphones in? Oh the sound on this is really really good. Note to self: headphones not necessary unless in company.

Overall it's state of the art in handheld gaming and more people should have one. I haven't played on anything else since getting it, and I still have a ton of games to look forward to without spending any money.

Possibly the best console purchase this gen, and I hope developer support for it only grows for years to come.
  • northernlights 23 Oct 2013 22:29:06 605 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @L0cky

Great review ! U got a 3ds xl ? Like to hear similar review on that
  • cheeky_prawnking 23 Oct 2013 22:29:43 3,796 posts
    Seen 35 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Not tried Rayman oranges
  • Carlo 23 Oct 2013 22:33:40 17,913 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    @L0cky pretty much sums up the console and some of the games I've played

PSN ID: Djini

• Deleted user 23 October 2013 22:54:10
    @L0cky Nice writeup, amazed you didn't know anything about Gravity Rush though, it's one of the Vita's flagship games ;)
  • CompetitiveDad 23 Oct 2013 23:33:35 1,353 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 6 months ago
    @L0cky great read :)

/thumbs up

Gamertag - Belly (2 capital i's)
    PSN ID - Belly (2 capital i's)
    NNID - CompetitiveDad

Feel free to add me :)

• Page

of 900 First / Last